Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiment 13A31: The Bringer of Fire

Angelic Elf Ivy is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Post Experiment 13A31: The Bringer of Fire

Experiment 13A31: The Bringer of Fire
    Rated PG-13 for swearing, violence, possible blood and gore, and possible fluff.
    Chapters will be posted on Monday or Tuesday.
    WARNING: If you’re against stories that involve magic, experimentation, or other gods other than the one in the Bible then please I advise you to not read this fiction. Thank you.
    Disclaimer: Everyone in this fiction is mine, and from what I understand the idea for this fiction is mine, too. I got the idea from a fast write that I did in English class.

Notes: The rating and why is under the title so that’s out of the way. Now, this is most likely going to be a series so you’re welcome to look forward to that. ^_^ Other than that there’s nothing really to put here. (Translations: hanyou- half demon, youkai- demon, and oni- demon)

Prologue
    It all began about twenty-six years ago in Youso Village, a rare kind of village. The people of this village were not only human, but demon and half demon as well. The people there had been willing to let the demons and hanyou stay as long as they pleased, but only if they would help them to achieve one thing. Power.

Of course the demons had accepted. They wanted a nice place to live in peace, and they didn’t want to seem like the savages that they were wrongly accused of being in many other places around the countryside. They taught the humans about the six main elements: fire, water, thunder, darkness, earth, and wind. The people of the village were grateful for their generosity, and repaid the demons and half demons in many ways for their kindness.

The two creatures were honored, and festivals were held to celebrate each of the elements. The youkai and hanyou did very much like this, and they soon told the peoples about the six gods of the elements. The humans were then told about how you could obtain one or more of the elements. One was to go and speak to one of the gods, and the other to become a sorcerer or sorceress.

The less brave, set out to learn the ways of sorcery. These people would have to go through many years of harsh training, but it was worth it. After training day in and day out for years the student would have skills great enough to control each element. Or so it seemed…

The other humans chose to seek one of the gods, and that could mean death for many. Some died from not being good enough, or they just weren’t strong enough for the task and died before they could succeed. But even if they did succeed some didn’t live long, and the oni and hanyou had observed the one element that it happened most often with. Fire. Apparently whoever tried to control it failed and lost their home, valuables, and often times their life as well.

It didn’t take long for the humans to figure out that the demons and half demons were the only ones that could control the element of fire, and when they did it didn’t go over so well. The humans wanted power and so they began trying to find a way for their people to control the fire element while the demons and half demons racked their brains trying to figure out why humans wouldn’t be able to control fire like they could.

As time passed the humans neared the break through that would mean every thing to them. It had taken them fifteen years, but they were sure of themselves. Now all they needed was someone to do the experiment on. Someone who didn’t have anything to lose but was still young. The conclusion was easy. Go to an orphanage.

Once there it didn’t take long to find the right kid. They chose a girl who was only about four years old. Young enough to not understand what’s going on, yet old enough to understand what they tell her to do. Yes, perfect. Now all they had to do was begin the experiment and hope that it works.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Ok. This is the first fiction I've posted here that was completely and totally my idea. (and I know the prolouge is really short. the chapters will be longer, i promise. if they aren't you're welcome to bash and flame me all you want. [not really... >.>])
    So...please, tell me what you think. ^^
    And note that most (or at least some) of the plot is revealed in chapter one! =D I'll post that either tomorrow or Tuesday. Depends on how many replies this gets.

Yaynessissity
    Yaynessissity is an awesomely fun forum!

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-
    Brendan/Ruby club 2.0, Hamtaro club, ~Hoenn Lovers Club~

Fictions Coming...Someday:
    Elenia: Protectors of Earth
    Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

Ooh, I like. So the demons and half-demons are able to control the elements. That's a really good thing, right? RIGHT?! *hit in the head with a frying pan* Anyway, good prologue, I hope to be able to contribute some ideas, and hope to see the first chapter up by tomorrow.

Credit to Nightdawn for the banner.

FC: Celebi: 3179-4638-6563

Renovation of a theater with a fun twist.

Tales from the Stage Door!

It might be up tomorrow. If it's not it'll be up Tuesday afternoon beings I have school that day. ^^;
    Um...yes, it's ok that the demons and half demons can control the elements. And some humans can control the elements depending on if they go speak to a god or if they choose to learn the ways of sorcery. 83
    But neither an elemental human nor a sorcerer (or sorcerous) can control the element of fire. Evil fire! >.<
    But I'm very glad you like it. =D

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

Well well well.......I would have to say this is the best I ever read ^_^. I am actually looking foreward to more chapters ^_^
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Thanks Darkstorm. ^^
    Um... >.> Hmm...just to get it up sooner I'll post chapter one now.
    Um...this would be the chapter with the experimentation and there's also blood here too. If that makes you uneasy or something uh... yeah...no ready. ^^;

Chapter 1, The Bringer of Fire

A small girl with her chestnut brown hair sat in a large room filled with toys playing with her best friend. He had rather large, black wolf ears poking out of his messy black hair, and every one else in the room stayed far away from the boy out of fear. Right now she was ignoring that while she rolled a ball towards him and he passed it back.

As she and the wolf-eared boy played a tall blond haired woman walked into the room. “Michi!” She called and the brown haired girl looked up. The woman smiled and said, “Someone’s come to adopt you, Michi.”

She smiled and ran over to the blond and said, “Really Lily?!” Lily nodded and Michi’s blue-gray eyes lit up in joy.

Lily took the little girl’s hand and said, “Come on, lets go meet him.” Michi nodded in agreement and followed Lily out of the playroom leaving the boy all alone with no one to play with.

In the main hall Michi saw her new father for the first time. He was a busy looking man who appeared eager to leave despite the fact that he had arrived not too long ago. His hair was already graying and he wore a white lab coat. He looked down at Michi and smiled at her. “Why ‘ello there,” he said softly, his voice slightly accented.

She smiled somewhat and greeted him shyly. Realizing they were to leave soon she ran to her room with out saying anything to get her favorite doll. Her adoptive father waited rather impatiently and hurried her out the door when she returned.

Once at her new home, which she soon learned was in the lab that he apparently not only worked at but owned as well; she was lead straight to her room. She squinted at the blindingly bright, white walls, and jumped slightly when she heard the door shut behind her. She ignored it until she heard voices on the other side.

She went over to the door and opened it slightly peeking out to see what was going on. What she saw was her new father and a man with tiger ears perched within his well-brushed, brown hair. The two appeared to be arguing about something, but she couldn’t really tell what.

The man with the tiger ears spoke now. “You can’t do this Professor Conor! It’s just not fair for that little girl, and you know it!”

Conor’s voice now. “She’s my child now, and so if I want to do this I will!”

She backed away from the door slightly. ‘Are they…Are they talking about…me?’ she wondered.

“But it’ll throw nature out of balance! Humans aren’t meant to control the fire element! You’ve seen what it can do to them, so why force such a power onto a four year old little girl?!”

A pause…and then… “Terris, you’re a demon. If that’s true then why do you care about a human child?”

“I care for her because…. because I don’t want someone hurt because of your psychotic ideas! Now quit the damn project, Conor!”

“I can’t just quit after coming this far, Terris, and you should very well know that! Now leave!”

“I won’t leave until you stop this insanity!” Terris snapped apparently reaching his limits in patience.

Conor just sighed and snapped his fingers summoning guards to his side almost immediately. “Take him away,” he told them. They obeyed without question grabbing the demon by the arms and dragging him away.

Michi closed the door once the ‘conversation’ between Conor and Terris had ended, and went over to her bed and sat in thought. 'What is that Terris person so worried about? Conor wouldn’t hurt me would he?’ She sighed and laid down drifting off into a restless sleep soon afterwards.

It was noon of the next day and Michi was lying, strapped down, on the type of bed that you’d find in a hospital. She was frightened of what might happen, and confused as to why Conor was allowing this to be done. Whatever this was…

Had she misbehaved in some way? No, she couldn’t have. She’d only been there about a day. Not enough time to do something that he, or any other parent would disapprove of.

It had to be something that she’d done, but what? And why didn’t they tell her why they were doing this to her?

So many thoughts and theories raced through her mind. It became unbearable, and tears began streaming from her eyes like rivers.

Professor Conor, not caring about how Michi was feeling, signaled for the other scientists to begin the operation.

Michi screamed and began to cry more uncontrollably. The pain was unimaginable, and as this went on she looked over at the professor. She thought that he’d be pained to see this happening to her but…. but he appeared to be enjoying it!

She had been given nothing to knock her out or dull the pain. Conor thought that might hinder the process in some unknown way. He smiled as the incision in her chest was made, and smiled more when blood began to stream out. He looked over at her tear stained face, and his smile grew still. He watched as she passed out, and as the mechanical heart started beating.

A female scientist entered the room carrying a heart with her. She had arrived just in time too as Michi’s heart had just been cut out and removed. Just as she took the little girl’s heart the new one was placed inside of her, and each artery and blood vessel was re-attached to this new heart.

Conor held his breath and waited…. until, success! The transfer heart worked! It began beating only seconds after it had been completely re-attached. It had been an off the wall guess that transferring a demon’s heart to a human might work, but he hadn’t been sure. He had been right though, but was he right about the demon’s element lurking inside of their heart? And if so, would she be able to control it?

That operation had changed Michi’s life in more ways than she would have liked. Everything that Conor had suspected had been true too. She was now able to control the fire element that had lurked deep within this demon’s heart, but that demon was now left without an element. An oddity of the demon world. Michi too was an oddity now, but only because she was one of a kind. Not only was she the only human to, unknowingly, posses a demon heart, but she was also the only human able to command fire to do her bidding.

She hated what she was now. The pain she had to endure every time she called upon her element. She hated everything about living in the lab. Living with Conor and the other scientists. The possibility of drugged or poisoned food. Even with the thought of living through that every day over the years she’d never been brave enough to escape…until that one fateful day.

***11 years later***

Michi stood in her room looking around at everything knowing that this would be the last time that she’d see it. Her bed, her books; some singed from accidental releases of her fire element, her small collection of stuffed toys, and her doll. She sighed and picked up the doll and hugged it close to her. “Today we finally get to leave this place…,” she whispered to her small friend.

She walked over to her bed and held her hand close to it and snapped her fingers. She flinched, and then watched as the flame licked at her bed sheets. Then as it climbed up them slowly eating away at her bed like a starving animal would devour it’s pray.

Michi then turned towards the window and opened it. She carefully lowered one leg and then the other out the window and allowed herself to fall the rest of the way, and landed on her feet. She took one last look at the lab, and then turned and walked slowly away.

She kept a constant pace until she heard workers at the lab entering her room. She then heard the dreaded voice of Professor Conor cursing her for leaving and scolding the scientists who hadn’t bothered to look for her even after finding the fire that had obviously been created by her. Then came the sound of the flames being drowned with water.

Then she ran….

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Wrote this back in June and I've edited it since then. Hope it still makes sence. ^^;

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

I still love it ^_^ maybe I might post my story.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^

Thank you.
    Really now? I'd read that. =3
    Chapter 2 will be posted next week on Monday! If I don't get to post it Monday it'll be posted Tuesday. ^^

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

That was so cool!! I really sympathize with Michi, having a demon heart placed in her. I hope to see more as this story progresses.

Thanks, and I do too. That would really suck espesialy since they didn't give her any of that stuff to dull the pain or at least knock her out. *gives Michi hug*
    Michi: *weak smile*
    Me: =D Better now see! *points to her*
    Michi: ...

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

lol Michi is now my favorite ^_^

Awesome. ^^
    Why... >.>

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

i loved it! thankies for putting this up!^_^
    ~D・N・ANGEL~

Thanks Eevee-chan.
    Um, I'll post chapter two on Monday. I should have time. Chapter three, however, might be delaied a little bit because I'm still not even half way done with it.

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

I especially love the name you chose for the character XD

Hope you like the other characters.
    Lets see...characters that I know of are:
    Michi
    Aries
    Ice
    Prof. Conor
    Mark
    Darin
    Maya
    and the other two I can remember the names of at the moment. Oo;
    You'll find out what and who they are later. >D

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

I bet I will like them all ^_^

I hope you do....wait....You'll like evil Professor Conor?! O.O *hides*

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

No I mean the good characters XD

Hope so. Oo

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

It's Monday so new chapter time! =D
    Sorry about the double post, but I just wanna get this up. ^^; So erm...here it is. xP

Chapter 2, Escape from Youso Village

As she ran she never bothered to look back for fear of seeing one of the scientists that worked for Conor chasing after her in hopes to catch her and bring her back to the lab where she had lived for so many long and horrible years. She paid no attention to where she was running figuring that as long as it was away from the lab it was fine, but then she felt herself hit something solid and then she felt herself falling.

When she opened her eyes she saw herself on top of a boy around her age with sandy blond hair and blue-green eyes. He flushed when he noticed her looking at him, and she did the same. “S-sorry…,” she said as she stood and offered her hand to help him up. He took it and stood.

“It’s ok. I didn’t notice you coming, but it seems you were in a hurry. Why?” he asked.

She looked at the ground to avoid eye contact. “No real reason…,” she mumbled in reply. “So…why are you here. I’ve never seen you around.” ‘Not that I actually got to see much of anything…’ she thought.

He laughed hesitantly and looked towards the outside of the village where a single oak tree stood. She had heard about that tree. She and her friend would play there when the workers at the orphanage would take them outside to the field. Then again…he was one of her only friends from the orphanage…

“Well,” he began and she looked back over at him. “I’m looking for a hotel or some other place to stay at over night, but I can’t find one. Guess this place doesn’t get many visitors huh.”

“No. Not really,” she said, but truthfully she didn’t know either. She looked back towards the lab and to her horror saw two of the scientists from Conor’s lab walking their way as they looked around, trying to find her. “Oh God…,” she said as her stomach turned.

The sandy haired teen looked at her, confused. “Something wrong?”

She quicky turned her head towards him. “You! You’re going back to meet your friend and tell him that you had no luck right?” She asked and he nodded in reply. “Then you’re leaving, right?” He again nodded. “Please! Take me with you! I can’t stay here!” she said to him, taking him completely off guard.

“Wait, what?!”

“Take me with you, please!” she pleaded.

“I’m not sure what he’ll think… I don’t even think he likes traveling with me…”

She looked behind her to see if the scientists had spotted her yet. When she did one of the scientists looked her way and pointed towards her. The other, who appeared noticeably shorter than the one pointing, also looked over towards her and began running her way. The taller man followed close behind.

“Run…,” Michi said in a whispered tone.

“What?”

“Run!” she repeated, louder this time, as she began sprinting towards the field. He followed her passing her with ease, but then slowed down to match her pace.

“What’s going on?” he asked as they ran.

The flat land began to incline and Michi began to, and continued to slow down until she tripped and fell. The taller scientist smirked as he and his partner easily began to catch up to her.

*~*~*~*

A dark figure shook it’s head in disapproval at the sight of the sandy haired boy slowing to a stop with the two scientists right behind him. “Dumb ass…,” muttered the dark figure and jumped off of a high branch in the oak tree. He landed behind the boy kneeling over Michi. “Mark, how many times have I told you to take care of the enemy first?” he asked, his voice cold and dark.

The sandy blond, apparently known as Mark, gave no reply. Michi looked up at the figure now standing behind Mark. He had messy black hair with two large wolf like ears placed in it. He wore black jeans and a black, denim jacket. His shirt, she guessed, was black as well. She then noticed something else. He was wearing a pair of leather gloves.

Confused, she asked, “Why’s he wear those gloves?” Mark looked over at her in disbelief.

“You’ve never seen a demon?” he asked. She shook her head. Mark sighed. “My guess would be so he doesn’t hurt anybody when it’s not necessary. If you want to know so bad why don’t you ask him when he’s done here?”

She sighed and looked back over at the, apparently, demon standing in front of her. She then gasped upon noticing the bow and quiver of arrows on his back and what appeared to be part of the scabbard to a sword that he carried. She hadn’t seen either of these weapons in the lab, but she had heard about them. She had never thought she’d see a sword or a bow in her life, but then again, she never thought that she’d escape Conor’s lab either.

“What an unusual demon you are,” said the taller of the scientists. She hadn’t noticed that they had caught up to her until he spoke. “Most demons would rather watch humans fight with each other. Why don’t you?”

“Well, I guess I’m not a jack ass like most demons are. Most humans wouldn’t chase around an innocent girl. Why do you!?” he said this and at the same time his fist made contact with the guy’s jaw making a sickening cracking noise. Michi cringed when his fist made contact, and looked up only after the guy had hit the ground.

The shorter scientist looked down at his partner and then back up at the wolf youkai, trembling in fear. “O-oh dear! Oh my dear God!” he said, backing away before running back towards the lab.

The youkai sighed then turned towards Mark and Michi. “So…find any place where we can stay?”

Mark shook his head in reply. “They don’t have any hotels there. I did, however, find this girl. She says that she wants to come with us since we’re leaving here anyway. What do you say, Aries?”

He sighed and crossed his arms. “Seems ok, as long as she doesn’t slow us down too much.”

She smiled and jumped up only to fall back down startling Aries slightly. He kneeled down to be level with her and looked at her right ankle, which she was now rubbing. “I’m sorry…,” she said. “I think I twisted it when I tripped earlier…or did you not see that?”

“I saw,” Aries mumbled. He straightened up and took his quiver and bow off of his back, and handed them to Michi. “Put these on.” Looking confused she did as he said. “Alright now,” He kneeled down again only this time with his back to her. “Get on my back.”

“Um…ok…,” she said, and climbed on with some difficulty.

Aries stood and walked up the hill with ease leaving Youso farther and farther behind as they went along. Mark lagged behind Aries most of the time, and didn’t really speak. Then again, neither did Aries.

“Um…,” she hesitated, never having spoken to a demon before. “My name’s Michi by the way, Aries. Erm…that is your name isn’t it?”

It was quiet after that again, and Michi figured that he just didn’t care. After all, why should he? Then, “Nice name, and yes, my name’s Aries,” he said.

“Where are we going now, anyway?” she asked.

“A dangerous place,” he said. “It’s often referred to as The Demon Lands. They’ve taken over most of this land so it’s best you say with me…not so sure about Mark…don’t really care what happens to him. He can get eaten for all I care.”

“That’s not very nice!”

“So. I don’t like him. I’ve had a bad feeling ever since I met him. I often wonder what in the hell I did to meet up with him and get stuck with him following me.”

She sighed and then said, “Tell me more about these Demon Lands.”

“Well…about the only things that can survive there are: elementals, sorcerers, hanyous, and oni; like me. Mark’s a thunder elemental so he has a chance, but I’m not so sure about you…”

She was quiet after that…

*~*~*~*

Aries stopped and let her down in an open field a good distance from Youso Village. Mark wandered into the forest to look for wood to build a fire. Aries too left saying that she’d be safe since they still weren’t in The Demon Lands yet. She didn’t feel too safe though. It had long since become dark, and while they were gone she curled into a small ball and rocked back and forth in an attempt to keep calm.

Aries came back before Mark and started building the tee-pee for the fire. Mark came back not long after Aries with some larger wood so that they could keep the fire going. The wolf oni rummaged around in his pockets apparently having no luck. He looked over at Mark and said, “You wouldn’t happen to have any matches would you?”

Mark just shook his head. “Aries, I never carry matches.”

Aries sighed and then he heard someone snap their fingers. He looked over at Michi, and saw that she had a small ball of fire in the palm of her hands. He looked on in awe as she was the first human he’d ever seen who was able to control that element which seemed to enjoy burning the humans rather than obeying them, but it was different with her.

She slowly stood and walked over to the tee-pee that Aries had built and lit it. When she looked up he was still starting at her in awe. “Y-you’re….you’re that girl!”
    She blinked and looked at him confused not understanding what he meant. “You’re the girl that insane scientist ‘made’ specifically to control the fire element! You’re-“

“The Bringer of Fire!” Mark said, finishing Aries’s sentence.

She just looked at the ground, remaining silent, and then… “Yes…I am aren’t I?”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Yeah...I don't really like this chapter other than the fact that we finally get to meet my favorite demon of all time, Aries! *people cheer*
    Any Aries fans yet? xD
    Seriously though, I love this guy. 83
    Last edited by Angelic Elf Ivy; 5th September 2006 at 4:31 AM.

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

I've noticed a few grammar mistakes.

The flat land began to incline and Michi began to, and continued to, slow down until she tripped and fell.
    The bolded coma is the only comma that needs to be in that sentence.
    EDIT: I may have been wrong about that. If I was, I'm sorry.

He sighed and crossed his arms. “Seems ok as long as she doesn’t slow us down too much.”
    There needs to be a comma after ok.

Those were the only mistakes I could find...
    Last edited by 2bcelebi320; 5th September 2006 at 4:54 AM.

Thanks. I'll edit those. ^^;
    Wow, I don't make many mistakes. Oo;
    I thought I'd have a lot too. Sure you didn't find any others?

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

When she did, one of the scientists looked her way and pointed towards her.
    There's another mistake I found. The correction is bolded.

Ok. I'll change that later since I have to go to bed soon. xP
    School tomorrow, and it's like 11 o'clock right now.

Yaynessissity

-Clubs I Own or Co-Own-

Shadow Quest
    Forbidden Element
    (^-title may change-^)

My Fiction(s)
    Chapter 4 now up!

Interest fic, I like it! ^.^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast