Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate and Destiny of Friends - AAML

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndaquil
    O_O Zimmy's picky!
    Didn't I just say I was picky? *checks* Yup! I did, and I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndaquil
    I didn't know half of those were wrong and I'm meant to be doing A-Level english!
    You are?!?!?!? I'm just starting Year Eleven!!! I haven't even done my GCSE's!!!!

Anyway, plotwise, the story is great. Any story I review is usually great. Yay! I'm a good omen! I'm hyper!!!
    More or less not around due to RL issues.

My only shiny so far: GoldenEyes the Magikarp!

Triplets with Emberstar the Blaziken and The Mega Champion!

Me on DevArt

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmy
    Correct spelling: Quieryed
    Really? I thought it was spelled queried.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmy
    I thought Ash destroyed her bike? By crashing it off a mini-cliff?
    Nope...well, partly nope. Ash did crash it, but it was really destroyed by Pikachu's lightning-enhanced thundershock that also knocked out all the Spearow. A crash could be quickly repaired, but the charred condition of the bike took years to repair.
    Heart Break - ff.net - LJ - PotS

COLLEGE. >.<

Rarely online.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdecease
    Really? I thought it was spelled queried.
    Actually, me not sure... Me go check...
    AAAAHHH!!! Bad dictionary!
    You may have spelt it right.... I may just be stupid! (Maybe it's cuz I'm hyper!)
    More or less not around due to RL issues.

My only shiny so far: GoldenEyes the Magikarp!

Triplets with Emberstar the Blaziken and The Mega Champion!

Me on DevArt

wow zimmy...picky picky. Not everything can be perfect you know XDD and please dont try to correct my mistakes if I ever write a chapter. Geez...the post could go on forever if you try to correct my mistakes aahhaha ^^

Anyways, I really like the chapter Water Spirit. Its really interesting and now a lot of people know about Ash and Misty. I am looking forward to the next chapter. I like Luvdisc now and its smart to use Team Rocket for translation. I also love how Team Rocket was laughing their heads off about the "destined ones". I would have thought that Luvdisc would have been protective of May and Drew or Jessie and James since it seems like those two couples would do nicely also. I thought it would have sense something about those two couples but guess not. Anyways, I really like the chapter and its cute with how May now knows. Too bad she seems are depressed that Ash and Misty seem to like each other...or maybe she's just shocked. Ionno..most of the time I actually thought that May was sad that Ash and Misty liked each other and that May actually kinda do have a lil something for Ash. That would be interesting but I kinda hope that she dont XDD or else I would be seeing more scenes with Luvdisc spraying May with water gun. Besides, it looks like she likes Drew and he likes her back with that cute scene at the beginning...her hugging him and him being all nice to her

OH YEAH, thanks for telling me what it is that helped you..that idea of mine. eheh..i dont know how that could help you since it looks like nothing cud come out of it besides misty and may being really good friends and luvdisc stopped spraying water at may. Oh well..im glad i helped you in some way though ^^

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

That was a very good chapter. I'm glad that you were able to post it after so long. It was well worth the wait.

Trust Max. That's what he's like in the show. He ruins the best moments. Just like Brock on GCYL. Ash and Misty looked as though they were going to say something then Brock goes shouting. Guess it gives more time for hints though. That's good.

I liked it when Meowth was translating Luvdisc and Ash and Misty did Tag-team to blast TR off. It was funny when TR were embarassing them.

I could really picture every single scene in this chapter. That just tells what a great writer you are. Can't wait for the next chapter.

~Blazing Charmander~

AnimeFanatic73 Guest

you're story is real good WS, ever since the first chapter i instantly fell in love with your story. I especially like the way you're setting everything up. The last chapter seems to be doing that. Well cant wait till the next chapter gets posted. lata *waves*.

Pokemaster009 Guest

That was so good, that I feel jealous of Ash
    Last edited by Pokemaster009; 6th September 2004 at 8:24 PM.

Hi WS! ^^ Sorry I haven't been able to review, I've started school now and I've been swamped with homework. >>;; So its been difficult to get on here lately. But that was a wonderful chapter. I can't wait to find out what's going to happen in the next few chapters. And I can't believe what Misty was going to say to Ash and how May attacked Max when he interrupted. It was really funny. ^^ Keep up the awsome work!
    Diamond FC: 0988-8206-8441
    Name: Alex

Sorry Water Spirit for the last post, I just edited it today. *scratches back of head and sweatdrops* I still haven't gotten good at posting yet. *regains composure* Anyway nicely done on the last chap. I can't wait for the next one!

Avalanche Guest

Sorry for not reviewing sooner. It's been kinda hectic preparing for school and in school and it's only my first day back. Anywho, this chapter is awesome. You're work is extrodinary. I can't wait till the next chapter. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander
    That was a very good chapter. I'm glad that you were able to post it after so long. It was well worth the wait.
    Not all who wander are lost...

Uh... yeah.

I've wanted to use that for soo long now! Yippee! Anyway, this is a great piece of work, still... I feel that something is missing... could it be... oh yes! There it is! The action! Not TR-they aren't really, really, really action. I mean like in the beginning chapters... when we were all sitting on the edge of our seats... waiting to see if they survived, or not, even though most knew the answer to that already. Tis' whats missing... even though I may be the only one to think that.

I never noticed Brock not hinting in Johto and such... I thought he just shut up because the hints stopped coming...

Keep up the gewd work!
    MetalGardevoir

co-ordinator extreme Guest

Man this is one of the best storys i've read so far, keep it up!

i cant wait for the next chapter. When do you think it will be up Water Spirit?

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

Don't worry bout rushin the chapter, i kno you've got loads of homework, so just get that sorted as a #1 prority!

Amzerat Guest

Really great (with big letters - GREAT) story WS. I just found the site and had read the story from chap 1 - 16 the latest days and the stoy just getting better and better. I am a Pokeshipper and hope A&M will fall in love so I really love your story! Everything is so good, characters, battles and conversations and Pokemons and... (I´ll guess I have to do a reviw of the whole story). I can image the things in the story in my head and that proof the fact that you are a great writer.

I can say that even if I have B in english, and sometimes write [k]almost[/k] like a real author (according to my former teacher) when I get some few A+ in my main language Swedish (yes I live in Europe, Sweden) I can´t write like you - no way I can, you´re [k]really is[k] an author and I can´t wait to see/read the next chapter. Please PM me when you are done with chapter 17.

WS, you´re the best - trust me!

~Dragon in the Shadows~ Guest

This, was a great chapter, I feel happy for May 'cause now she won't get squirted. I wish tr would fall in love to . . .

This fic is great, Water Spirit. I've read every chapter and I'm not gonna stop reading until the fic is finished.
    -_-

OMG, I didn't realise so many people had reviewed my fic. I've actually had to give myself a break from it to get all of my work done, and I feel really guilty that I still haven't got a completed chapter to post and I still have to reply to a load of my PMs that are still waiting and shouting "reply you stupid girl!" The thing is, I'm under a lot of stress and pressure at school at the moment but since we have deadlines for everything its helping to manage my time. However, the teachers are still insisting on having HW in for the next day, and I haven't had a free weekend since I came back of holiday. But I've finally got one this week and so I will write two chapters for you (one may be posted later this week) and it will give me a chance to get the rest of my HW done.

Anyway, can I just say a BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC, THE SIZE OF THE UNIVERSE THANK YOU to everyone who has reviewed this and stuck by it despite the time span you have had to wait. My last chapter was posted when? At the end of August? It's disgraceful! I can tell you that I have a huge guilt nagging inside of me for not updating it for so long but I have written five pages of Chapter 18? I think were on? And I've taken into account MetalGardevoir's comment on their not being enough action. Hopefully this one will fufil your wish. As a spoiler, it will have action involved and hopefully (once I get into the swing of things) the suspence that I know you love and adore.

Once again, I'm am SO SORRY for not having a chapter up sooner and the fact that I haven't posted here in ages (I did post one up but something went wrong with my connection and I was fuming at losing such a long post). I hope that this long wait hasn't discouraged you from reading the rest of this fic, and I hope that you will read my future chapter when it is up.

As a guide, I'm aiming to get the first one up by Thursday/Friday and the second on Sat/Sun. *fingers crossed*

Do you forgive me?

Anyways thanks for your reviews, I've read every single one of them and I am so happy that you have enjoyed what you have read so far. (Zimmy, I really don't mind you being picky but I'm going to disagree with some of the mistakes that you put up - gladdecease picked up on two of them but I especially disagree with the double negative - I've asked my English "expert" on that phrase and she said it was fine and it fit the context that I was trying to put across - but thanks anyway for picking up the mistakes! )

Anyways, hopefully I'll get another chapter up soon if you are still interested.

Luv

WS

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Aaww. We don't need to forgive you Water Spirit. You haven't done anything wrong. I know fics that haven't had chapters posted for longer than this. Anyway people do have their own lives to attend to.

I'm really sorry that you're stressed, WS. I know how you feel because i, too am been drowned by Homework. *Huggles WS and gets pushed away -.-* When you have any free time, just put your feet up and relax. After all, you do need rest more than a fanfiction because too much stress affects your health. Right?

Well, i hope i didn't say anything to offend you. I'm truly sorry if i did. Anyway, i can't wait for the new chapter, but remember, just take your time.

~Blazing Charmander~

Meh i suppose i could... yeah course School comes 1st (not a good thing to say when i should be doin homework but meh!)

Just PM me when its up and I'll be the 1st to reply (unless someone replys 1st!)

Originally posted by Blazing Charmander

I'm really sorry that you're stressed, WS. I know how you feel because i, too am been drowned by Homework. *Huggles WS and gets pushed away -.-* When you have any free time, just put your feet up and relax. After all, you do need rest more than a fanfiction because too much stress affects your health. Right?

Well, i hope i didn't say anything to offend you. I'm truly sorry if i did. Anyway, i can't wait for the new chapter, but remember, just take your time.
    Awww! *hugs BC back* thanks for understanding (I'm not an ogre! Why would I push you away!?!?!) And you haven't offended me at all! I'm glad that you understand and I am trying my best. The fic is slowly getting there (I just hope you think its worth the wait! O_O) and I'm writing so more each day, so hopefully it will be up by Friday. Stress I can live with (I think) guilt is another thing. I'll just see how I go, but thanks anyway.

Unfortuately, your right Cyndaquil (sorry) school needs to come first and I'll make sure to PM you.

Thanks guys

WS
    XxX

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

What do you mean Unfortuanatly I'm right?! I like being right!

Anywho do however mnuch ya can, then stop for however long you need to, I know I'll wait and so will other people!(if this is wrong don't point it out I wanna be right!)

*Huggles WS*

BTW If ya need homework help PM me, as i've done it and may remember it! I'll be glad to help!

Agh... I'm so sorry this is gonna be so short but I really gotta go finish my homework! ^__^;; Haha... I LOVE this! I really really like how you have humor, action, and suspense all together! The writing's really smooth and nice... and there's lots of description! And I really like the Luvdisc! *is still amazed that you predicted Misty's aquisition(sp) of a Luvdisc* Hehehe... please write more soon!!

YAY, finally chapter 17!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spirit

“Uh-huh, Uh-huh, yeah, wow, really? You sure? Ha!” Meowth was in hysterics and rolling around on the floor while laughing uncontrollably.

“What did it say?” May asked.

“Meowth, are you alright?” James said and poked the Pokemon rolling on the floor.

Meowth wiped a tear away from his eye and was squirted in the face by LuvDisc for insulting it.

“Hey! What are you doing? OK! OK, I’ll tell her!” Meowth shouted as LuvDisc threatened to squirt him again if he didn’t tell May what it was trying to say.

“LuvDisc says that when it met her trainer she was rescuing a boy from the ocean and she could instantly she the love between them. From then on she has protected her master and her true love as is LuvDisc’s job and anyone who poses a threat, she has to get them out of the way. Now that she knows that you’re not a threat and now that you know what LuvDisc is doing, she says that she has no need to squirt you with water and she apologises but she couldn’t let you get in the way of the twerps- Ahhh! Stop squirting water at me will ya? OK! The ‘destined ones’ in case you decided that you like the twerp – I mean Ash. It’s LuvDisc’s job to find destined couples and when it does it needs to protect them from any threats. So they twerp and the ‘twerpette’ are destined to be together!” Meowth finished and burst out laughing again.

Jesse and James were also laughing at the news.

“You mean that spunky little red-head and the twerp are destined to tie the knot? Awww! That’s so sweet!” James said and laughed.
    I loved that part. And GO LUVDISK!!!!
    It was great idea to use Meowth to translate what Luvdisk had to say
    And I love the part when Team Rocket laughs for them...So cute:

Jesse, James and Meowth looked at them both and burst out laughing.

“It’s the lurve burds!” Meowth shouted out from his hysterics.

“Kissy, kissy!” James teased and puckered up his lips to imitate someone waiting to be kissed.
    Team Rocket always seem to notice things what other people don't.

“Hey! You two should be concentrating on each other not us!” Jesse shouted at Ash and Misty.
    That was good one

This was my favorite chapter. You're really are great write Water Spirit ^_______^
    Hope we can enjoy next chapter soon!

Originally posted by Cydaquil

What do you mean Unfortuanatly I'm right?! I like being right!

Anywho do however mnuch ya can, then stop for however long you need to, I know I'll wait and so will other people!(if this is wrong don't point it out I wanna be right!)

*Huggles WS*

BTW If ya need homework help PM me, as i've done it and may remember it! I'll be glad to help!
    Aww! *Huggles back* Thanks. Yep, you're right, so you can be happy being right! lol

Thanks for your review hyliansage! I'm glad that you liked it and look out for the new chapter soon!

PEACH!!! Thanks for your review! And I'm really glad that you liked it.

OK, I'm planning to get Chapter 18 up later tonight, so watch this space and look out for PMs from me if you've asked me to contact you.

Hopefully speak to ya soon!

Take care

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX

EDIT: New Chapter added

Chapter 18 – Lost at Sea

May looked out on to the red sunrise in front of her and heeded the warning that her mother used to tell her.

Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Red sky in the morning, sailor’s warning.

She had never paid much attention to the saying but it was funny how she looked out on to this beautiful sunrise and the memory jolted her thoughts. She thought nothing of it as she heard Gyarados yawn loudly as it was released from its pokeball by Misty and allowed the group to once again climb on top of it so that they could continue their journey across the sea.

“So which way are we heading now, Brock?” Misty asked so that she could navigate her Pokemon in the right direction towards Ever Grande City.

Brock took out a map from his backpack and surveyed it carefully.

“We need to head straight from here.” He said confidently. “If Max keeps us on the tracker on the PokeNav then we should be OK.”

Everyone had once again taken up the positions that they were in yesterday as they sailed across the calm oceans and admired the sapphire skies above. May and Misty had both prepared for the lovely weather and took off their clothes (with the boys flinching at what they might be possibly doing and covering their eyes) to reveal their bikinis that they had put on before and lounged out on Gyarados to absorb the rays. The boys sighed in relief and laughed at them as they put on their sunglasses and relaxed. Pikachu jumped on to Misty’s stomach and took out a pair of sunglasses, where it lounged on her to absorb its own rays.

“Hey! Why don’t we let our Pokemon out to enjoy the sun?” Misty suggested when Pikachu gave her the idea.

The others agreed and let out their Water Pokemon and smaller Pokemon so that they could also appreciate the good weather. Misty’s and Brock’s Pokemon swam beside Gyarados while May’s Pokemon and Ash’s Pokemon – with the exception of Combusken, Torkoal and Sceptile – settled themselves on Gyarados and fell asleep. Swellow flew in the air above them as they travelled and Ash went down to speak to Brock and Max as May moved into position on the free eyebrow that Misty wasn’t sunbathing on. After a few minutes, she spotted LuvDisc swimming in the ocean below her and she smiled at it as it darted back and forth in front of Gyarados who seemed happy to have the company. LuvDisc fell back and jumped on to Gyarados’s body and made her way up its neck to the girls. She jumped on May happily and sprayed a light mist in her face to keep her cool.

“LuvDisc really seems to like you now May.” Misty commented and sat up a bit to face her friend. “Did you to have some talk to settle your disagreements?”

“Oh, yeah, I guess you could say that.” May looked at LuvDisc curiously as it signalled to her to say something to Misty. “Misty, how long have you known Ash for?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, have you known each other long enough to be best friends or are you just good friends?

“Oh, we’ll actually when I left Ash and Brock, I was really depressed that I had to leave them. But when we were talking about it we actually decided that we were best friends because we had been through so much on our travels. Sometimes it would be just supporting one another in competitions but other times it’s been really serious and we’ve had to protect on another in order to survive. I guess you couldn’t call that relationship any less than best friends who will always be together.”

May smiled at her fondly.

“I guess you really have been through a lot together haven’t you?”

Misty nodded.

“They’re just like the two brothers I never had, they’ve always been there for me and like Ash once said, it wasn’t a coincidence that we met, we were destined to meet each other and become friends. It’s funny how fate works like that.”

“Fate and destiny of friends huh?” May said and chuckled to herself.

“I guess you could say that.”

The girls both laughed at their joke and resumed sunbathing until a cloud that passed in front of the sun interrupted them. Misty looked up at the obstructing cloud.

“Hey! Would you mind getting a move on?”

May also looked up and became slightly worried. The sky was darkening quickly and was blocking out the once blue sky and bright sun. A chill set in the air as they were left in darkness and the heavens rumbled above. The girls rapidly put their clothes back on before the expected rain fell and Pikachu resumed its normal stance on Ash’s shoulder. The waves churned beneath them and Gyarados unsurely pressed on with the water Pokemon following closely behind. The sea was becoming choppy and all of the friends and the Pokemon moved up to Gyarados’s head to avoid being swept away.

“Brock, where is the nearest island?” Ash asked loudly as the waves battered against Gyarados and drowned his voice.

“There isn’t! At least there isn’t on the map!” He shouted as it blew in his face.

The winds were picking up and the group huddled together. Max looked at his PokeNav but it didn’t show any neighbouring islands either, only Ever Grande City, which was still another ten miles away. The rains fell quickly – drenching the group so that they could barely see ahead of them and Gyarados roared loudly as it continued to travel through the sheets of rain.

“What are we going to do?” Misty asked and tried to shield her head from the powerful droplets of rain.

Lightning flashed across the sky followed instantly by thunder and made them all jump and sent Gyarados into shock. It reared back and the group clung on tightly as Misty tried to calm it. The Pokemon were also struggling against the weather and some of them fell into the treacherous waters without realising, as Gyarados reared and roared its displeasure. Their trainers quickly returned them to their pokeballs with the only Pokemon left were the water Pokemon. Max was losing his grip and yelled out as he hit the water heavily. Gyarados was shaking it head about, trying to dislodge the trainers as it continued its rampaging reaction to the severe weather. Misty was forced to recall it to its pokeball and to allow everyone to drop into the water. Her Pokemon rushed towards her as the group was swept away from each other and she instructed them to go and help them and bring them to her. She heard Max’s yells and swam strongly towards him, however she was not strong enough to battle against the waves and decided to take an underwater route, which would give her an advantage and less resistance. She saw Max’s legs kicking frantically and surfaced beside him while grabbing him around the waist.

“Are you OK?” she asked him quickly. “Have you seen anyone else?”

“Where’s May?” he asked in a panicky tone.

He called out his sister’s name as Corsola battled against the waves to reach them and when it did, Misty instructed it to look after Max. Max held on tightly to it as Misty dove underwater again. Staryu was spiralling towards her and she grabbed on to it as it led her off in a different direction to the one that she was swimming in. She saw someone’s legs bobbing up and down and Staryu surfaced next to them.

“Brock!” Misty cried out and stretched out a hand to him as he moved further away from her.

He grabbed it and held on to Staryu with her.

“Have you seen Ash or May?” she asked quickly.

“No.” he replied swiftly as a wave cascaded over them and forced them underwater.

May was underwater and trying to regain control of herself as LuvDisc darted in front of her. It signalled to her to grab on to it, but fearing that she might hurt it because it was so small, she refused. LuvDisc took a grip of her jacket with her teeth and pulled her towards the surface and next to the pair of legs that she had spotted earlier. May breathed in a grateful breath of air as she was pelted with rain and heard her name being called. She saw her brother clinging on to Corsola and moved towards him with the help of LuvDisc.

“Are you alright?” she asked her brother worriedly.

“I’m fine. But Misty swam off underwater and I don’t know where she is!” Max shouted over the deafening sounds above him.

The rain continued to fall heavily and the winds aided the movement of the waves, sending May and Max in the opposite direction to where Max had watched Misty disappear.

“Misty!” they both shouted as they were sent flying through the waters into the middle of nowhere.

Misty kicked to the surface furiously along with Brock and the help of Staryu. Her thoughts were on the others and whether Ash was OK since she hadn’t seen any signs of him. She breathed in air gratefully as the rain pelted down on top of her and she was hit with more water than what she had just swum in. She instructed Brock to stay with Staryu as she went to look for Ash. Diving below the water once more, Misty felt the energy rush from her body and it dawned on her that she had probably exerted herself beyond normal – despite how fit and agile she was underwater.

She had not battled against these treacherous waters before, and using so much energy to fight against them had drained her, and floating gently underwater was allowing it to catch up with her. She battled against her tiredness to try and find Ash, making more often trips to the surface than she would have liked too. She continued to search the ocean for her best friend, becoming more and more anxious of not finding him and when she journeyed back to find Brock, he was gone. She was alone – swept around by the forceful waves, powerless against their strength. She could barely move her limbs and none of her Pokemon were in sight. She presumed that they had all found her friends and had remained with them, but now she was on her own and her fate rested in the hands of the weather. Suddenly, an unexpected wave crashed down on top of her and knocked the breath out of her. She struggled underwater to regain herself but with hardly any energy left she kicked about feebly. Her muscles were refusing to obey her and using the last ounce of her strength, she forced herself to try and surface and to keep herself afloat but found that she was falling back into the depths of the ocean as her world went dark.

She had a flashback of her all those who were close to her – a vision of each appeared in front of her closed eyelids and disappeared as it was replaced by another. Brock, May, Max. She saw a group picture of her sisters together, all wishing her luck in Houen, Sakura with Espeon, Casey, Tracey with Daisy, Togetic. All of her Pokemon together, Professor Oak and Mrs. Ketchum, and finally Ash. Ash’s image lingered in her mind before slowly disintegrating. There was no sound. It was as if she was falling into an endless space where there was no noise, no life – just silence. There wasn’t even the sound of the water but she faintly heard her heartbeat slowly echoing in her ears and she knew that her tiredness from exerting herself and the energy that she had not fully regained from her accident were causing her to slip away. She wished that she could see her friends one last time. A stream of bubbles left her mouth as she mouthed Ash’s name and she lost all sense of her consciousness as she drifted down into the depths of the water.

Ash was caught up in the swirling torrents underwater as he fought to gain control of his spiralling body. He looked around him as he span and caught sight of something falling into the depths. He ignored it as he was gasping for air, holding his hand over his mouth as a burst of bubbles left him and he finally managed to surface. He breathed in gratefully and coughed as forceful droplets of water went down his open mouth and he attempted to stay in the same area, which proved difficult as he was battered about by the waves. He held on to Pikachu tightly who had surfaced next to him and checked that it was OK.

“Ash!” a female voice shouted.

He turned around and saw May, Max and Brock all huddled together and moving towards him as Misty’s Pokemon guided them. Brock held out a hand to him as a wave crashed down beside them and guided him towards the Pokemon where he grabbed on to Corsola’s horns with Max.

“Is everybody OK?” Ash asked them quickly.

“Yeah, we’ve fine!” Brock shouted over the roar of the thunder.

“Wait! Where’s Misty?!” Ash asked in a panic.

“She was looking for you Ash!” Max shouted, angry to see that they weren’t together despite Misty’s brave attempts to find Ash.

Ash felt sick. Misty had risked her life in this storm to find him and now that he had been reunited with the rest of the group, she was still missing. He knew that she was very confident in water but had she every faced dangers like this? Was she still struggling against her fight for her life a couple of days ago? And was she hurt? Could she be in some sort of trouble because of him? He remembered the shadow that he saw falling slowly into the depths of the ocean and his heart raced with the fear of the possibility that he had left Misty to drown without realising. No longer thinking about his actions, Ash yelled out Misty’s name desperately, hoping to hear her reply to him and to dislodge his fearful thoughts for her safety. When the only reply was from the deafening roars of the heavens, Ash dived underwater to find his friend. Brock lunged out at him and grabbed him around the collar to stop him from swimming off but he was forced to tackle him to the surface as Ash put up a lot of resistance.

“Misty is drowning!” Ash shouted at Brock. “I thought I saw something floating down to the bottom of the sea but I didn’t take any notice of it, but now I’m really worried that it could be Misty!”

Brock looked at his friend firmly and assured him that they would find their best friend, but first they needed to be tactical so that they didn’t lose each other again in this weather. He pulled out a very long piece of rope and attached May to one end and himself and Ash to the other. He gave Ash and himself some space in between their join so that they were not limited to how much they could move. Taking charge, Brock ordered the water Pokemon to stay with Max and May.

The winds were now stronger than ever – blowing them away from the place that Ash was about to dive down into and blinding them with the sheets of rain that were falling heavily. Brock shielded himself from the rain and looked towards Ash – he had never seen his face so determined before, not even in an intense Pokemon battle. He also detected a certain amount of anticipation in his face, probably due to worry about his friend. Brock smiled at him reassuringly and they both dove into the water to look for Misty.

The further they dove down, the colder it became. Ash and Brock both felt the rapidly decreasing temperature and it chilled them to the bone. They pushed themselves to the limit to how long they could hold their breaths, until Ash finally saw something out of the corner of his eye. He narrowed his eyes and grinded his teeth as his heart pumped rapidly, trying to find an intake of oxygen. Brock trailed behind as Ash dove down to a small cavern where he saw Misty’s bright red hair billowing in the current of the water. His eyes widened when he saw that she wasn’t moving. His face swelled as he let out a huge trail of bubbles and reluctantly – but quickly – moved to the surface and took in a gasp of air. Brock surfaced next to him.

“Was that Misty?” he asked nervously.

“Yeah, I think so.” Ash replied and dove back down again before Brock could say any more.

He moved more swiftly towards Misty and when his feet touched the rock beside her, he held her by the shoulders and started shaking her. He let go of her to see if she would respond but she unconsciously fell forward on to Ash’s shoulder. Brock landed on the opposing rock as Ash picked Misty up in his arms and attempted to kick off towards the surface. An underwater current escaped from the cavern and took the boys by surprise as they were sent flying through the water and into a tangle of coral. When it stopped as quickly as it had arrived, the boys regained themselves and once again attempted to kick towards the surface but found that they were being restrained by something. They looked down and saw that their rope had caught on the coral and was now holding them down as it was so badly entwined in it. Brock tried to break the rope and successfully did so with his penknife, but the current emitted from the cavern commenced again and all three were sent flying in different directions. Ash made to grab Misty again however he was forced away from her, despite how hard he tried. He felt his rope tighten and he was pulled up to the surface where he faced May and Max.

“Are you alright?” May asked worriedly.

“Brock and Misty are gone!” Ash shouted at them as he made to dive under again to find them.

“Ash, wait! We need to think of something first! Explain to us what happened down there!” Max tried to reason over the terrifying weather above him.

Lightning illuminated the skies above and May huddled against her brother for comfort.

“I have to find them! They could be in trouble!” Ash shouted back and dove into the water without waiting for a reply.

“Why does he keep diving off like that!?” Max shouted angrily.

May chose not to reply. Knowing about the secret between Ash and Misty about their feelings, she thought it best for Max to find out when Misty and Ash were ready to announce it – which, judging by how stubborn they bother were, wasn’t going to happen anytime soon.

The winds picked up again, this time so strongly that Max and May were swept out of the water and into a whirlpool that had risen out of the water with the winds and sent them spiralling into the midst of it. They saw Ash further down the whirlpool, struggling to regain himself and eventually became level with them and May grabbed his hand.

“Just hold on!” He said to them, as they were sent into the darkening abyss of weather, unaware of what lie ahead of them.

Ash’s thoughts were on Misty and Brock as he closed his eyes and waited for this nightmare to end – hoping that they were safe on top of the water and not lying at the bottom of it.

End Chapter 18

Crappy ending I know, but this one is straight off the script without proof reading so I don't mind you pointing out mistakes.

Anyway, please read and review and enjoy!

Thanks

Water Spirit
    XxX
    Last edited by Water Spirit; 18th September 2004 at 11:07 AM.

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast