Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate and Destiny of Friends - AAML

i cant wait for you chapter WS! I'll be waiting and I'll come back this weekend to see if its up. If its not, oh well. I dont really mind since im stuck with so so much homework so I know how it is. Its harder for me to just come on and check all this stuff out but I do whenever I have a lil time on my hands. Well, just dont be so hard on yourself. I know how hard it is since im in the same situation. Its annoying so just relax. Its not like any of us would stop reading the fic because you arent posting it up quick enough. We're all dedicated to this fic so give yourself some time off and you dont need to ask us for forgiveness so often. We dont care...we're still interested either way

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spirit
    Polaris: Thanks. That really means a lot to me. I thought that I made Ash a bit more maturer since he last met Misty but since he's getting all excited about the League, I thought that a bit of his old self might come back where he looses self control and he's too focused on Pokemon again rather than 'certain feelings'. I hope this makes more sense but I'll make sure to add an explanation into Chapter 21. You want me to include Brenden? Sure OK, but would you mind giving me some details on him, like what Pokemon he has/should have and stuff like that? If you do, then I've got a great idea for Brenden and Hardcore's request. Thank you!
    Sorry for not answering that sooner, you've probably already come up with something on your own, but the only two known Pokemon he has were seen in his brief cameo in Jirachi Wish Maker, the Pokemon are Shiftry and Aggron, I believe.

Elite Eevee Guest

You were making us worried, WS! I know you're busy, but it's like you're trying to give us a coronary, not responding for weeks and torturing us with no new chapters. And apparantly, the sales can be performed over e-mail. I sold 17 items and got a blinking pin, a stuffed chicken, and $30!

Lightning Guest

Lightning: Aww... Thank you! OK sure, I'll PM you! Thanks again!
    Thanks Water Spirit! And BTW you deserve the "A+"! You spend your time making this fanfic for us to read, and we all enjoy it. So thanks for posting this story up for us to read, and I'm glad you're back, I still can't wait for the next chapter, I know it will be a great chapter since all of your other chapters are great too. Goodluck on making your next chapter.
    See ya later WS! Hope to talk to ya soon

chipsyketchum Guest

YAY! Ws is still alive hehe, great to see a post and fantastic news about the 2 upcomin chapters, sounds pretty good to me

Cant wait to read them ws
    xoxo chipsyketchum xoxo

Amzerat Guest

You don´t need to feel sorry WS. Of course we have waited a long time but your school is more importent for you than your fanfic. We all understand that and wait patientley (hm...did I spell that right?). Wow, 2 chapters almost at the same time, thats great! Well, keep up the good work WS and good luck in school.
    Last edited by Amzerat; 15th October 2004 at 4:18 PM.

Thanks WS. You've made me feel Waaaaay better now. ^____^ I hope you're doing well with your coursework now. Oh well, just next week and you, Cyndaquil and me get the half term.

I've got a non-uniform day on Thursday plus i break up for Half Term on Thursday because i have a teacher training day. Lucky me. Sorry for bragging, WS. Hehe.

Remember, i'll be waiting to R&R your next chapter, so be ready to read my big review on it. ^_~

Cya
    Blazing Charmander

Hate to brag more Blazing Charmander but i get a non uniform day everyday since i'm in 6th form! I to get the friday off! *party* (nows the points where all the american people ask what half term is!)

omg! I've spent like..the last 2 hours reading every chapter, and I really like this story. ^__^

I thought it was complete, since there are so many pages LOL

can't wait till you update

I think WS said there are more than 100 Word pages put into this... it's important to not fall behind! :P

MetalGardevoir

AshAndMisty Guest

AshandMisty: Thank you. BTW, I love your sig! Have you changed your name from ASH and MISTY aaml, or is that another reader with a similar name to yours? Sorry, if not did you ask me to PM you when chapters are up? *confused*XxX
    Errr... I don't get it... *I'm confused too* No... I didn't ask your to PM me when the chapter is up.

the snagger Guest

ws good luck with ur work n stuff cant wait till ur next chap "peace sign"

Quote Originally Posted by AshAndMisty
    Errr... I don't get it... *I'm confused too* No... I didn't ask your to PM me when the chapter is up.
    Lemme explain...

Some pages back, a person called AAML Ash and Misty (or something like that) posted on this thread. They haven't posted since, so I think WS was wondering if you had changed from that name to a new name.

MetalGardevoir

AshAndMisty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MetalGardevoir
    Lemme explain...

Some pages back, a person called AAML Ash and Misty (or something like that) posted on this thread. They haven't posted since, so I think WS was wondering if you had changed from that name to a new name.

MetalGardevoir
    Oh... I don't know anybody called AAMLAshandMisty... :S

Kuthu: Thank you! Yep, I know that you put Chapter 4 up recently and I'm getting round to reviewing it... it's great so far!

OK, that's all from me for now!

Take care!

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX
    ok...cool...thx. i hope to hear your comments on it there...as i'll have C5 up soon in 2 days or so...

oh...and i'm really hopin you will have C21 up of yours...as it will be intresting...but don't push yourself to much...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Ok, this is the single most romantic thing I have ever read. Forget Romio and Juliet, forget Wuthering Heights. You stayed true to the characterization, and the story is believable. And it's really really sweet! Can't wait for the next chapter!

the snagger Guest

Hakajin u r soooo right ^^

chipsyketchum Guest

Nicely said Hakajin, this story is indeed unbelievably incredible!! we all love it

Maxie 500 Guest

I like this story. It's different. Normally, I don't reply to shippy fics, but I can tell, this one is an award winner. I like how you've incorporated member names with the chapters, WS, it gives the story some spunk. So keep up the good work.

Default Chapter 21 ^_^

Thanks for understanding guys, and I'm grateful to those who have forgiven me. OK, I won't write a long response post coz I know a lot of you are eager to read Chapter 21 which has marked my 150th page. ^_^ YAY! I hope you like it. Quickly, before anything else, AshandMisty I apologise for the confusion and MetalGardevoir is correct that I thought that you might be someone else so I am sorry. Thanks for the info Polaris and everyone please don't moan at me coz I've started his character from scratch. BC I'm dying for the hols as much as you are and I've also got a half day on Friday which is even better! Crystal Mew, Hakajin and Maxie 500 I am extremely glad that you all like my fic and I hope that you enjoy the future chapters to come! And Kuthu, I'll probably review your fic tomorrow along with Elite Eevee's and treb's if I get round to doing all of them at once. And can I just say a HUGE thank you to everyone for being so paitent with waiting for this chapter and I hope its worth it.

OK, without further ado, allow me to present to you - Chapter 21 Enjoy!

Chapter 21 – Attempting to Rekindle an Old Flame

Ash and Misty kept small talk with each other the following day as Brock prepared a fried breakfast for them. They were both fuming at each other over last night’s ‘big fight’ that they had both blown out of proportion and as a result, had decided to not talk to each other unless necessary and to concentrate on all the things that they hated about each other, which, for both, proved harder than they had anticipated.

Misty was busy on the computer doing research when Ash approached her in a slightly grumpy mood.

“Are you finished with it yet?” he asked her tonelessly.

She looked at him and glared.

“Not yet.” She replied simply.

“Oh will you both stop it!” Brock shouted from the kitchen area and made them both jump. “You sound like a couple of five year olds, not best friends who have known each other for ages.”

He was wearing a pink overall apron and was about to flip over the eggs when May and Max walked in. Max avoided the conversation by moving over to the sofa and switching on the TV as May put her hands on her hips and looked at Ash and Misty.

“You two never fail to surprise me.” She said unbelievably.

“What do you mean?” Ash asked her as she gained both his and Misty’s attention.

“Well, you’re supposed to be best friends and because you’re so close, there shouldn’t be any reason for you to fight. But after a little misunderstanding you get into a huge fight where neither of you are talking to each other. It doesn’t make much sense does it?”

The both looked at her with blank faces.

“She/He started it.” They both said in unison and pointed at the other.

They glared at each other and Misty went back to doing her research on the computer and Ash walked off to his room. He stopped abruptly and turned back to face Misty.

“What are you researching anyway?” he asked her angrily.

“Well for your information Ash Ketchum, I’m looking to see whether they have updated the database to see who you are going to face in your matches.” She replied heatedly as he moved towards her.

“Oh. You are?” Ash’s reaction was almost speechless at Misty’s curiosity and devotion to him.

She’d actually got up and walked towards him – making him feel slightly intimidated even though he was now taller than her.

“Yes, Mr Ketchum, but you’ve already made it quite clear that you don’t want my help.” She said firmly to emphasise her point.

She folded her arms and waited for his reply as he looked down at the floor unsurely.

“Can you two continue this after breakfast?” Brock said in an irritated as he and May set out the plates on the table.

Misty looked at Ash hopefully and sighed when he didn’t say anything and took her place at the table next to Max, who was already half way through his breakfast.

“Here you go Ash,” Brock said happily as he put the plate in front of him. “Eggs – sunny side up, bacon, sausages, hash browns, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, waffles and help yourself to toast.” He finished as he placed a large stack of toast on the table.

“All right!” Ash yelled cheerfully as he tucked his napkin in his shirt and began to waffle down his food.

“Here you go, Misty.” May said politely as she placed Misty’s breakfast in front of her.

“Thanks, May.” She replied kindly as she picked up the ketchup and began to pour it over her food.

Brock returned a moment later with his own breakfast and a plate of chips for Pikachu. As it hopped up on to the table next to Ash, its eyes lit up at the sight of the ketchup in Misty’s hands and bounced over to her eagerly and waited for her to finish using it.

“Sorry, Pikachu, but you can’t have too much or you’ll get fat.” Misty joked as she squirted a bit on to her finger and allowed it to lick it off.

It cooed affectionately to her as she handed it the bottle and it waddled off to go and pour it on its chips.

“Brock, how come you’re letting Pikachu eat a plate of chips for breakfast?” Misty asked curiously. “It’s not exactly healthy is it?”

“Well I was doing some research on it and I found out that if you cook the chips in a certain way, it reduces the fat and cholesterol levels and provides a great source of carbohydrate energy for Pokemon – especially electric types. Of course it doesn’t work with humans though!” he replied knowingly and laughed at his own joke. “Since Pikachu is probably going to battle later today, it’s going to need a lot of energy.”

“You better be careful though Brock, Pikachu might turn into a chip addict.” Misty said playfully.

“Yeah, Chipsy Ketchum!” Brock finished and both laughed at his amusing comment.

Pikachu looked up at them curiously and poured a huge amount of ketchup on its chips. Ash began to panic at the sheer amount on Pikachu’s plate and fought to gain control of the bottle. When Ash managed to pry it away from Pikachu, Pikachu’s face fell and it gave its master its adorable puppy eyes to try and regain the ketchup. Ash sighed and hid the bottle behind him and averted his gaze from his pleading Pokemon. Pikachu pouted and snapped its fingers as its plan didn’t work and moved over to Misty to gain sympathy.

“Pikachu.” It said sadly as it hopped on to Misty’s shoulder and glared at Ash.

“Oh sure, go side with her.” Ash said sarcastically as Misty laughed.

They both caught each other’s eye and then averted their gaze when they realised what they were doing. May looked at them both angrily and shouted,

“Can’t you just kiss and make-up?!” then looked at them wide-eyed and froze to see what their reactions would be.

Misty blushed and averted her gaze as Ash yelled out in surprise then corrected himself when he realised that May was only using an expression.

“Oh, I get it! You think that Misty and I should make up right?”

May sweat-dropped and pulled a sarcastic face at Ash’s reply.

“Well that was one meaning of it.” She replied coldly.

Misty shot her and unsure looked and watched Ash’s face turn into a confused state.

“Well are you going to apologise?” May asked him as she set down her knife and fork and stared at Ash.

“Me? Why should I apologise? She started it!” He said as he stood up and pointed at Misty whose face had suddenly fallen.

Pikachu looked from Misty to its master unsurely but didn’t say anything.

“I’m sorry, Ash.” Misty said quietly without looking at him.

“Huh?” Ash was already in disbelief.

“I’m sorry.” She repeated and looked up at him and smiled.

“Are you feeling OK?” he asked her unsurely and looked slightly sympathetic towards her.

“May’s right, Ash. We’ve been friends for way to long, we shouldn’t fight over something so little right?”

“Urr…yeah, I guess so.”

“Great. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to freshen up before we go down to the Pokemon Centre to see whom Ash is fighting against. Thanks for breakfast Brock, as always it was great.”

And with that, she picked up her plate, placed it on the counter and disappeared into the room that she was sharing with May. Ash stared after her.

“What just happened there?” Ash asked curiously as he stared at the spot where he had just watched Misty disappear through. “Is she on something? Have you put something in her food Brock?”

Brock glared at him and folded his arms.

“Now why would I do that?” he asked heatedly, appalled that Ash could even think that he would try and poison his best friend.

“I was only asking.” Ash said, slightly taken back by Brock’s aggressiveness. “I wonder what made her apologise?”

“Maybe she’s fed up of fighting with you, Ash, and she wants to appreciate your friendship more. She’s probably missed you while she’s been at the gym and I guess the last thing she wants to do is fight with you and lose your friendship.” Max replied knowingly.

“I guess you could be right.” He said quietly and once again looked at the door Misty had disappeared through.

Misty sat on the bottom bunk bed with her back to the door as a figure silently walked in and closed the door behind them. Misty abruptly turned around and smiled slightly when she saw it was Ash and turned to face him as he sat on the opposing bunk bed.

“Are you OK?” he asked her calmly.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why? What’s wrong with you?” she said and smiled at him.

“Well, not really. I guess I shouldn’t have blown out at you when I know that you were only trying to help me. I’m sorry Mist, I know that we’ve been friends for a long time and I shouldn’t yell at you just coz I’m irritated and impatient.”

“Allow me to get this on tape because this is a world record performed by Mr. Ash Ketchum who is actually apologising and doing a great job of it.” Misty joked as she held her hands up in front of her face and pretended that she was filming him.

He laughed at her joke and smiled to see that they had easily been able to patch things up between them.

“The thing is, Ash, while I’ve been away looking after the gym, I kinda missed ya – and fighting with you just didn’t seem right anymore, coz the bond we have is special and I don’t want to lose it over some argument.” While saying this, Ash noted that her cheeks began to turn into a pastel pink.

“You know, I think I should listen to Max more because he said exactly the same thing as you just did.”

Misty frowned.

“There is something about that family that seems to be good at figuring out people’s secrets.” She said while in thought.

“What do ya mean?” Ash asked curiously.

“Don’t worry. So have you looked on the database yet?”

Ash shook his head.

“No, did you find anything when you looked?”

“No, there was a message on it saying that the boards would be put up this afternoon, but until then they are not giving any information out.”

“Aren’t they having a welcome festival like all the other Leagues do?”

“They have a massive festival at the end of the League instead which encourages Trainers to stay for the whole tournament and to watch the remaining Trainers fight. But when they post up the boards they’ll have a small party so that the Trainers can get to know each other.”

“Hey guys! The computer says that they put the boards up in the Pokemon Centre!” Max yelled to them as he burst through the door while trying to put his shoe on at the same time.

Misty and Ash looked at each other and darted out of the door to consult the screen.

“Come on! Let’s go!” Ash shouted as he and Misty ran out of the front door and down the stairs to the Pokemon Centre with the others following closely behind.

The Pokemon Centre was huge compared to any that they had previously been to and the entire room was packed with anxious Trainers waiting to see whom they would be up against. The group gradually made their way through to some of the major screens to see if they could spot Ash. They noticed that all of the Trainers were put into groups of three, where they were tallied up in a table of how many points they would receive if they won, lost or drew. The Trainer with the most points at the end of the rounds would qualify for the next round.

“There’s Ash!” May squealed as she saw Ash’s picture at the top of the screen furthest to the right.

“Oh no.” Misty sighed as she examined the two Trainers whom Ash would have to battle against.

“What’s wrong, Misty?” Max asked her.

“That girl who Ash has got to battle against is-”

“Oh Ash!” A young girl with red hair in plats shouted excitedly as she ran towards him. “It’s me Macey!”

She ran over to Ash and hugged him tightly, almost knocking him backwards and squeezing the life out of him.

“It must have been fate that brought us together yet again!” she said excitedly and her eyes glazed over in a loving way as she looked up at Ash. “And to make us fight against each other in this tournament! Don’t expect me to go easy on you honey!”

“Alright! That is enough!” Misty shouted as she stormed over to her and pried her away from Ash. “Get your hands off him!”

“Who are you to come between me and my boyfriend?” Macey shouted at her as she held on tighter to Ash, who appeared to be growing faint as he no longer had oxygen running through his body.

Max was in hysterics as May watched with anticipation and Brock surveyed the scene calmly.

“You’re – going – to kill him – if you don’t – let – GO!” Misty shouted at her as she attempted to pull the obsessive girl off her friend.

Max was rolling on the floor at the scene and started to draw attention from other Trainers who began to watch the scene. A young man walked over to Misty and helped her to pull Macey away from Ash and restrain her as Ash coughed and spluttered to finally breath again. Misty allowed him to lean on her for support.

“Are you OK?” she asked him in a worried tone.

“I’ll live.” He managed to say as he looked up at Macey struggling to free herself from the young man’s grasp. “I’m… glad to see you too, Macey.” He said hoarsely.

She stopped struggling and looked at Ash lovingly. The young man let her go and she bounced out of his grasp and over to Ash where she began a long conversation with him as he hid behind Misty to prevent her from grabbing hold of him again. Macey tried to get closer to Ash by moving around Misty as Ash moved away from her and she ended up chasing him with Misty standing as still as possible to try and avoid being knocked down. Macey ran into her by accident and caused her to fall backwards when the young man who had restrained Macey earlier caught Misty.

“Are you alright?” he asked her as he helped her to her feet and they watched Macey chase Ash around the Pokemon Centre.

“Yeah, I’m fine thanks, and thanks for your help.” She said and smiled at him. “My name’s Misty.”

“I’m Brendan. Nice to meet you.” He replied kindly and shook her hand.

They both felt a jolt of electricity flow through them as they touched and gazed deeply into the other’s eyes.

“Misty! Help!” Ash cried out as he grabbed hold of her waist and flung her in front of him to protect him from Macey – breaking her handshake with Brendan.

She supported her as she almost lost her balance and Macey grinded to a holt in front of her as Misty’s face turned extremely sour.

“I HAVE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU ALWAYS INTERRUPTING EVERYTHING!” Misty shouted in Macey’s face.

“All I want to do is show Ash my Pokemon.” She replied quietly as she looked down at the floor, her hands behind her back and moving her foot awkwardly on a spot on the floor.

Misty folded her arms and sighed.

“Then get on with it!” she shouted at her.

Macey’s face brightened as she released some of her Pokeballs. Her familiar Marcargo appeared, followed by Umbreon and a Growlithe.

“Aren’t they cute?” she squealed. “My Umbreon is called Moonlusion because of a cool attack that it can use, and I named my Growlithe Zimmy coz of the sound it makes when it speeds along when it runs! Don’t you think they are adorable, Ash?” She asked him as she moved close to him.

Ash tried to back away.

“Urr… I think they are very nice!” he stated quickly and laughed nervously.

“Why are you laughing, Ash?” Macey asked, suddenly crestfallen. “Are you mocking my Pokemon?”

“No! I, er…. I need to get a move on now! You know, get ready for the battle and all so I’ll catch ya later!” And ran out of the Pokemon Centre with Macey shouting at him as he went.

“Remember, Ash, if I win, you’re buying me dinner!”

She looked at May, Max and Brock who were staring at her in disbelief as she walked past them and recalled her Pokemon.

“Let’s go back and see Ash.” Brock proposed to the friends as they began to walk out of the door. “You coming, Misty?”

“So shall I phone your room later then?” Brendan asked Misty sweetly.

Misty giggled and blushed slightly.

“Sounds great.” She said and told him her room number. “I’ll speak to you later then.”

She walked over to where Brock was waiting for her and smiled.

“What was that all about?” he asked her.

“Oh just getting to know other Trainers, that’s all.” She replied whole-heartedly and walked back to their room with Brock following behind her.

End Chapter 21

Names:

Zimmy
    Moonlusion
    Chipsyketchum

Hmm... OK slightly on the short side but Chapter 22 should make up for that. I am open for final requests on adding names to chapters for Chapter 22, so if you would like your name to feature in this fic then please let me know asap because chapter 22 will be the LAST time I add names because I can't afford to add them in the next few chapters otherwise it might spoil the concentration if everyone is looking for their names.

As always, I'd love it if you would please tell me what you think of it!

Take care

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Thanks for understanding guys, and I'm grateful to those who have forgiven me. OK, I won't write a long response post coz I know a lot of you are eager to read Chapter 21 which has marked my 150th page. ^_^ YAY! I hope you like it. Quickly, before anything else, AshandMisty I apologise for the confusion and MetalGardevoir is correct that I thought that you might be someone else so I am sorry. Thanks for the info Polaris and everyone please don't moan at me coz I've started his character from scratch. BC I'm dying for the hols as much as you are and I've also got a half day on Friday which is even better! Crystal Mew, Hakajin and Maxie 500 I am extremely glad that you all like my fic and I hope that you enjoy the future chapters to come! And Kuthu, I'll probably review your fic tomorrow along with Elite Eevee's and treb's if I get round to doing all of them at once. And can I just say a HUGE thank you to everyone for being so paitent with waiting for this chapter and I hope its worth it.

Take care

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX
    cool...and thx. i hope you do read it...and put your comment on it...

i'll read this fic tommorow...as i am busy doin my fic...for C6...

well...c ya
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Oh no...Brendan's in the picture...and he's FLIRTING WITH MISTY!!!! Please keep this up WS!!!
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

*Is catching breath* That chapter was funny. I loved the part when Macey came and started chasing Ash. Nice chapter, I should've expected something like that wiht Brendan. I'm still smiling from the Macey part .
    -_-

Now i see why you put Brendan in the story. I feel kinda gutted actually for Ash and Misty at the moment. Hopefully, Misty and Brendan won't get too over-friendly for Ash's sake. Sorry if i'm getting a bit over the top here. ^_^;

That was funny putting Macey into the Pokemon league. It was funny how she was squeezing the life out of Ash and Misty had to save him. Ash was like "Help me" and Misty was really angry. lol.

This chapter may have been a bit on the short side but the length isn't anything to do with the quality which is excellent.

Well, another cliffhanger so now i'm very exited for chapter 22.

Excellent chapter. Well done.

Blazing Charmander

Elite Eevee Guest

Huzzah! WS has put up the next part of FaDoF! Pretty good, pre-e-etty good. One question. Who's Macey?

Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast