Page 31 of 92 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate and Destiny of Friends - AAML

DeciousSennenal Guest

No ... You cannot end this soon ..

*Pounds Decious' head* AB-RA

Ok Psyclone, they can end this now, but its just so good, ok

*Gently lands on Decious' head* abra

Good.

Anyways, this is probably the best fanfic I've ever read (I read alot, but never used to be able to join the forums). I love the storyline. I hope Brendon isn't really intrested in Misty, but I'll wait to see what happens, rather than try to double guess you (I'd most likely fail)

Yea! WS is on! I love the fic! I'll be sad when it ends! *cries* I'm working on "it" PM me please! Luv ya, CG
    Fanfic Buddies with the awesome, sweet, and cool Water Spirit! Also, thanks for making my CG acronym!

Well, now that some power hungry admin closed The Boys and Girls Club that was up for 6+ years, I won't be coming here anymore. Send me a msg if you wanna talk, but don't expect a response for a LONG time.

Owner of: The Boys and Girls Club (Click on the banner!)

OH..i hope it isn't the last chapter...WS...has done an excellent job...it should continue...SOME HOW...oh..well...if it is...WS...i hope you will do another good fic...like this...maybe on MAY this time...or again MISTY...since you've done real well with her character...

hope you do have C23 up...if it is ending or not...

GOOD LUCK...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

¬_¬ OK this is Water Spirit - who has been away for a couple of days and while I've been away there has been a panic and confusion on to what is happening. Now just so that this confusion doesn't go any further, these words are coming from me, WATER SPIRIT - THE AUTHOR OF THIS FANFIC and can therefore be taken as genuine and what is happening. Firstly, I'm not sure who started this but I can assure you that the next chapter WILL NOT BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS FIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can safely tell you that I'm already half way through writing Chapter 24 and I can expect at least another three chapters because every time I think that I'm getting near the end it keeps getting longer. So this will NOT be the last chapter and Chapter 23 will be up tomorrow.

I am not writing another fic of Misty or any other anime character as yet, because I will be too busy with Sacrifice For a Dream.

Hope this clears up a few things and I'll do a response post tomorrow. I'll be online for a little while so if you want to ask me something by all means go ahead and should be able to give you a reply.

Take care

Luv

WS
    XxX

EDIT: *screams* OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This fic is now a 5 star fic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams* OMG I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Seriously I can't thank you guys enough! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a small thank you, Chapter 24 will be up on Wednesday - better go finish it *runs - runs back* *hugs everyone* Thank you thank you thank you thank you! You really don't know how happy you've made me - I'm on the verge of tears... Thank you SO SO much! *hugs everyone again*
    Last edited by Water Spirit; 31st October 2004 at 7:41 PM.

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Glad to hear that the rumors have been debuncked. ^^ I am so excited now that chapter 23 should be up tomorrow as well. ^__^
    Diamond FC: 0988-8206-8441
    Name: Alex

Not last chapter? YAY!

Good news on an already good day! YAY!

I'll be waiting for de next chapter!

MetalGardevoir

L100Meganium Guest

And it should stay at five stars....'bout time....*mutters*

No problem, Water Spitit. We enjoy reading your fic. It's you who's doing US the favor. =D

Anyway, good luck on the next chapter. ^_^

GOD. Guest

thats great news yay, thank you WS ^___^

Lightning Guest

Yay! You're working on the next chapter, I can't wait

Wow, am I late to review or what XP. Well, can't say anything that hasn't been said already, don't want to spam... So... Very humorous chapter and one of my favorites. I'm so glad you put Brendan in, you've done an excellent job of using him. My most favorite part would have to be the overall timeframe from about 6:30 to the restaurant, I kept guessing what could happen there. You did a great job at the end also, leaving us in suspence. Anywho, I'm sorry that I've been reviewing your chapters way past when you post them, but the time I get on the internet is limited usually to weekends. I might not be able to review Ch23 and 24 until next Friday, but don't think I'm not reading your fic. Thanks ^^, keep it up.

Yea it's not the last chapter! Throws a party Yea WS is back! LOL
    Fanfic Buddies with the awesome, sweet, and cool Water Spirit! Also, thanks for making my CG acronym!

Well, now that some power hungry admin closed The Boys and Girls Club that was up for 6+ years, I won't be coming here anymore. Send me a msg if you wanna talk, but don't expect a response for a LONG time.

Wierdo Guest

Not the last chapter! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *goes to join smiley party ^ *

Oh, and before I forget... *Rates story a 5 star*

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spirit
    ¬_¬ OK this is Water Spirit - who has been away for a couple of days and while I've been away there has been a panic and confusion on to what is happening. Now just so that this confusion doesn't go any further, these words are coming from me, WATER SPIRIT - THE AUTHOR OF THIS FANFIC and can therefore be taken as genuine and what is happening. Firstly, I'm not sure who started this but I can assure you that the next chapter WILL NOT BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS FIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can safely tell you that I'm already half way through writing Chapter 24 and I can expect at least another three chapters because every time I think that I'm getting near the end it keeps getting longer. So this will NOT be the last chapter and Chapter 23 will be up tomorrow.

I am not writing another fic of Misty or any other anime character as yet, because I will be too busy with Sacrifice For a Dream.

Hope this clears up a few things and I'll do a response post tomorrow. I'll be online for a little while so if you want to ask me something by all means go ahead and should be able to give you a reply.

Take care

Luv

WS
    XxX

This fic is now a 5 star fic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams* OMG I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

As a small thank you, Chapter 24 will be up on Wednesday - better go finish it *runs - runs back* *hugs everyone* Thank you thank you thank you thank you! You really don't know how happy you've made me - I'm on the verge of tears... Thank you SO SO much! *hugs everyone again*
    [a] Yay! Not the end! *throws party* Much yay-ness!!!!!

[b] *sweatdrops*...umm...you're welcome...but could you let go? You're...choking...me...*passes out*

Dr. - Psy yai yai...
    Heart Break - ff.net - LJ - PotS

COLLEGE. >.<

Rarely online.

Aggh! Being choked... but in a good way! Yay! I've heard that people write better when they be happy! Best of luck to you!

MetalGardevoir

Elite Eevee Guest

It's not the last chapter?! And I started those rumors I feel like such a dope. Sorry everyone

Ah well, it's good to hear that the next few are indevelopment.

the snagger Guest

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a new chappiee 2morrow, cant w8 n good luck ws

chipsyketchum Guest

YAY! i knew there more chapters to come, but thats great i cant WAIT to read your next chapter!! Dont forget to PM me, if possible...

how exciting, i still love this fic more than anything and it definitely deserves the 5 star rating

Originally Posted by Water Spirit

Take care

Luv

WS
    XxX

Do you really mean that you aren't writing anymore Misty stories? Please PM me, I need to know!

Thanks for the hugs! *hugs back a REALLY BIG HUG* Thanks! You've been such a pal!

I can't believe I haven't rated this story yet, but I just did. Of course, I gave it a 5 star!!!!!

Hope you're doing well and TTYL!
    ~CG

EDIT: WS, when you finish this fic, make sure you put it in the new Completed Fics section! That would be great! I can read it and not have to worry about it being destroyed! Yea! I LOVE this fic! TTYL
    Last edited by Cerulean Girl; 1st November 2004 at 6:45 AM.

Glad you are happy that it is a 5 STAR
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Waterstar Misty Guest

I'm happy it not the last chapter, your doing such a great job. * Hugs Water Spirit* I'm glad your happy, and congrats on your fanfic being 5-star you really deserve it

*Places hand on WS's shoulder*

I'm glad that you've recieved five stars. Did I mention that the contract I have written down cannot be physically damaged whatsoever?

Also, take your time while writing your fanfics, no need to rush.

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

chipsyketchum Guest

I hope eventually you will write another Misty fic, this one is so far unbelievably (as you already know) and im sure the ending will be just as good as the rest of it if not better!!

xoxo ck xoxo

o yay..you got 5 stars? COOL...I'm happy I was one of the many people who voted for you and got you up there ^^. I hope your story remains a 5

anyways...I cant wait till the next chapter. Hopefully, you will post it soon. I'll try back later to see since you said you would post it today.
    Last edited by xsweet_peax; 1st November 2004 at 5:15 PM.

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

I just gave it 5 stars.^_^
    It deserves it. I can't wait for this story to continue. It will be so cool!^_^

Chapter 23 – Undecided Couples

“I didn’t realise how pretty the gardens were at night.” Misty said happily as she walked around the Romantic Gardens with Brendan.

“They’re not as pretty as you are.” Brendan complimented.

Misty blushed and looked away from his gaze.

“We haven’t seen any LuvDisc about though – funny that.” Brendan said as he looked up through the gaps in the trees and to the clear night where the stars twinkled above them.

“How’s that funny?” Misty asked curiously. “Maybe they’re all sleep.”

“Maybe.” Brendan replied airily. “Or it could be that we’re not meant to be with each other.”

“Are you suggesting something?” Misty asked unsurely.

Brendan sighed and smiled at Misty. They walked along the paths that were lit up by the dim old-fashioned streetlights and stopped when they came to an opaque lagoon with a cascading waterfall. Something in Misty’s mind triggered as she looked at the scene in front of her.

“Isn’t this the place where the Shiny Lapras is said to appear?” she asked curiously.

“You don’t miss a thing do you Misty?” Brendan chuckled as he sat down on the grass and invited Misty to sit next to him as they watched the waterfall and the full moon above it – casting an elegant reflection into the soothing water.

Macey dragged a yelling Ash through the Romantic Gardens as she desperately searched for a LuvDisc to prove their love.

“Where are they? I can’t see any of them? We need to find one to prove that we are meant to be together!” she moaned as she stopped to check behind a bush.

“Maybe-” Ash started but was quickly cut short as Macey grabbed him by the collar and ran off at a rapid speed. “Maybe we’re not meant to be together!” Ash wailed as Macey instantly stopped and turned Ash around to face her.

“How can you say that? We’re destined to be together!” she protested with puppy-dog eyes.

Ash looked at her sympathetically and tried to reason with her and to explain why he was here now.

“Look, I’m sorry Macey, but I don’t like you in the same way as you like me. I came here with you tonight coz I didn’t want to stand you up and I wanted to explain to you that the time I saved you was only coz I didn’t want to see you get hurt – but that doesn’t mean that I love you or anything like that.”

“There’s someone else you like is there?” Macey said as her eyes became watery and she looked away from Ash.

“Yeah, I mean no! I mean… well, I’m sure that you can do a lot better than me that’s all because think about it, we haven’t seen any LuvDisc while we’ve been here – maybe that’s a sign to see that we shouldn’t be together and that there are other people in our lives that we should be with.”

“I understand, Ash. And I hope that you can forgive me.”

“Really?”

“But I just have one thing to say…”

“What’s that?”

“Let’s go and see the Shiny Lapras to prove our love!” she squealed and grabbed him around the arm and moved at full speed to the opaque lagoon.

“So, Misty, you’ve told me that you’re one of the leaders of the Cerulean Gym, what water Pokemon do you have?” Brendan asked in light conversation.

“Oh, I have lots of water Pokemon.” Misty said casually as she smiled to herself and put her arms behind her to rest on them as she looked over the lagoon. “The ones that I brought with me are my Gyarados – which I traded with Ash for a while – my LuvDisc, Corsola and Staryu.”

“You have a LuvDisc?”

Misty nodded and pulled out a pokeball from her handbag.

“Has it protected you a lot from so called ‘invaders of your love’?”

“Well, it has this habit of squirting people in the face.” She said cautiously, unsure as to what Brendan was trying to imply.

Brendan smiled to himself as he watched Misty put the ball back into her bag. Misty continued to watch the lagoon and shivered slightly as she drew her legs closer towards her and pulled her dress down over them.

“Are you feeling cold?” Brendan asked her.

“A little.” She replied and smiled at his concern.

“Here.”

Brendan took off his jacket and wrapped it around Misty’s shoulders, which she gratefully took and thanked him for his kindness. He leant over towards her and whispered something in her ear that instantly made her blush until they were interrupted by a piercing yell that grew louder as it approached them. Brendan immediately pulled away from Misty as they both turned around and saw a girl dressed in a short pink dress with red hair in plats pulling a boy with dark hair through a bush. The boy continued to yell until Macey stopped when she saw Misty and Brendan.

“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realise there was anyone else about.” Macey apologised until she realised who she was apologising to. “You?” she shouted and pointed at Misty with her free hand. “What are you doing here?”

Misty’s eyes narrowed as she looked at Macey and a panting Ash. Then she panicked when Ash caught sight of her.

“Misty?” He questioned in disbelief – then he remembered the incident in the restaurant. “Having a nice date are you?” he asked her sarcastically.

“I can go on dates if I want to!” Misty protested angrily, and slightly hurt by Ash’s words.

“Well, it would be nice if you’d tell us then we might be able to help you.”

“No you wouldn’t! You’d just stand there and laugh!”

“No I wouldn’t!”

“Yes you would!”

“Would not!”

“Would too!”

“Um… Misty? Do you want to go somewhere else?” Brendan asked her calmly as they had both risen to their feet.

“Hey! Stop arguing with my boyfriend!” Macey cut in as she stepped in front of Ash so that she could confront Misty.

“Ash doesn’t even want to be your boyfriend!” Misty shouted in her face. “Only you’re too ignorant to even listen to him or realise that for yourself!”

A white flash emitted from Misty’s bag and LuvDisc was released on to the grass, where it saw its master and smiled happily. It observed the scene in front of it to see Misty standing with Brendan, and Macey holding on to Ash since she had jumped at the sight of a Pokemon being released. LuvDisc looked at Macey with wide eyes until they burned with an angry flame. LuvDisc’s face changed so dramatically that it would have appeared that it had been possessed by an evil spirit as it grinded its teeth and span around so that it was suspended in the air and launched a full power Hydro Pump at Macey. Macey yelled out as she was uncontrollably hurled backwards and into the lagoon where she disappeared beneath the surface with a thunderous crash. She splashed about and made her way to the bank and begged Ash to help her out – until she discovered that she was only sitting down in the shallow water. LuvDisc then turned its attention to Brendan and when Misty saw it rearing up to use another Hydro Pump, she immediately stood in between LuvDisc and Brendan with her arms outstretched to act as a barrier.

“LuvDisc, don’t! Brendan kn-”

But it was too late. LuvDisc was unable to prevent its attack and sent another full force attack at Misty and Brendan, with Misty taking most of the force of the attack. They both fell heavily into the water as Ash screamed out Misty’s name and ran into the shallow part to help her up. She was soaked through but she smiled at Ash as a thank you at which Ash responded with his own.

“My dress is ruined! Misty! You’re LuvDisc is going to pay for this dress!” Macey moaned as she jumped up and down on the bank in a rage.

Brendan waddled over to make sure that Misty was alright and the three of them scrambled up the bank with Ash helping Misty. Misty looked at Macey with narrow eyes.

“Sorry, but for obvious reasons LuvDisc doesn’t have its own credit card or bank account.” She replied sarcastically as Ash tried to hold in his laughter.

LuvDisc sheepishly moved towards Misty but kept its eyes down. Misty could hear its voice trembling and understood how sorry it was and smiled at it.

“It’s OK, LuvDisc, I know what you were trying to do.” She said and returned it to its ball as it smiled happily at her.

Brendan was wringing out the jacket that he had lent to Misty when it had fallen off in the water and brushed his wet hair out of his face. A small LuvDisc hopped out of the water and danced in between Ash and Misty’s legs before diving into the water again. Macey’s mouth dropped as she observed the quick scene and burst out into tears. She crawled along on her knees to Ash, stood up and hugged him and then held his hands in hers.

“You didn’t have to lie to me, Ash. At least we finally know it wasn’t meant to be.” She bowed her head and walked away down the path silently until she had turned a corner and was out of sight, until the group could hear her deafening wails again and startled a flock of Pidgey nearby.

“What’s gotten into her?” Misty asked unsurely as a sweat-drop ran down the back of her soaking wet hair.

“I’d better go and see if she’ll be alright.” Brendan said as he ran down the path after Macey. “See ya later Misty!” he shouted as he ran.

“Bye Brendan!” she shouted back and waved.

“So, do you wanna head back to the room?” Ash asked Misty.

“Yeah.” She turned around to face the waterfall one last time and smiled at the picturesque scene. “It’s so beautiful – it’s like something out of a fairy tale. But…” she turned to face Ash as she asked her next question. “Do you think the legend of the Shiny Lapras is true?”

Ash was slightly hesitant about his answer but looked confidently at Misty as he answered.

“I dunno, maybe. I guess we’ll find out for ourselves when the time is right.”

Misty’s face fell slightly as she walked back along the path with Ash, but she could have sworn that she had heard a quiet but harmonious melody come from the waterfall but when she turned around it had stopped and there was nothing there. She was unaware of the large shadow that was hiding behind the waterfall and disappeared when she turned the corner.

When May had arrived back from her expedition of finding a large sum of towels, she was surprised and irritated to find that Misty had disappeared from the room – also to the curiosity of Brock and Max who had assumed that Misty had gone with May to wherever she had gone. When they realised that she had disappeared from the room without a trace, May and Max began to panic until May suggested that Misty might have gone spying on Ash until Brock explained to her that she must have left before Ash had. They had agreed to wait an hour to see if she would return unless she had gone out to meet someone and if she was not back before then, it was agreed that they would go look for her. They were about to do so when Ash and Misty both came through the door and they were even more surprised to see Misty soaked to the bone and Ash’s trousers dripping water on to the carpet.

“Misty? Where have you been? We’ve been worried sick about you? Why are you soaking wet?” May said in an angry tone and with her hands on her hips.

“May, chill, you’re starting to sound like my mum.” Ash joked as Misty disappeared into the girls’ bedroom to have a hot shower.

Ash disappeared into the boys’ bathroom and both of them emerged a while later to explain what had happened. May was on the edge of her seat most of the time when she heard that Misty had been on a date with Brendan and was relieved to hear that Ash had saved her from the water and a LuvDisc had appeared in between them. She almost punched the air at this point but refrained from doing so when she thought that it might make it too obvious to Misty what she knew.

“Are you excited about your matches tomorrow?” Max questioned Ash when he had finished speaking.

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“There’s one thing that’s bugging me though,” Max said thoughtfully. “How come you didn’t ask Professor Oak if you could have your Corphish back to battle as a water Pokemon?”

“Because when I spoke to Tracey yesterday, he made me promise not to ask about Corphish because he’s had so many problems with it acting up. Tracey said that the Professor’s eager not to give up his studies on Corphish’s behaviour but he said that he’s got loads of bumps and bruises from his ‘findings’. That’s why I didn’t ask.”

“Professor Oak is hurt?” Max asked alarmed.

“Don’t worry, Max, Professor Oak does this sort of thing all the time. He knows what he’s doing.” Ash replied in an assuring voice.

“It’s funny how Ash and Professor Oak have that much in common.” Misty said happily. “They may end up getting problems along the way and a few bruises but they never give up.”

Ash, who was sitting next to her faced her and nodded with a broad grin across his face.

“How much do you two actually know about each other?” May questioned as she held her fingers in the shape of a rectangle up to her face as she imitated filming them.

“Errr… I know quite a bit about Ash, but that’s only because we’re really good friends.” Misty pondered.

“Yeah, that’s the same with me.” Ash agreed.

“Alright then, let’s do a quiz just for fun!” May suggested. “I’ll be the referee and ask the questions and you’ve got to answer them. Misty, what is Ash’s favourite colour?”

“Well, he has a few favourite colours but I’d say red and yellow.” Misty said happily.

“Ash? Is that correct?”

“Yep.”

“And the score is Misty one, Ash zero!” May announced through a candy stick that she was using as a microphone.

“Hey! You haven’t even asked me a question yet!” Ash protested at the scores.

“Ash, what is Misty’s favourite colour?”

“Blue and Pink.” Ash replied smugly and folded his arms.

“Correct!” May said happily as she went through a number of questions with Ash and Misty, both getting all of the answers right.

Max, who was sitting on the other sofa, kept a tally of the scores as Brock dozed off in the armchair.

“Isn’t that enough questions?” Ash asked, getting slightly bored from answering all his questions correct.

“We have just one more question for Misty.” May said through her microphone and winked at Ash.

“I know!” Max interrupted. “Misty,” he said with his own ‘microphone’. “What are the colour… of Ash’s boxers today?”

“Blue.” Misty said without hesitating and then realised what she said.

Brock immediately woke up from his sleep and looked at Ash and Misty. Ash looked at Misty in alarm.

“How did you know that?” Ash asked her in a scared tone.

“You mean I got it right?” Misty fired back.

“Umm… yeah.”

Max was rolling around on the floor in hysterics with May soon joining him and both of them eventually stopped when they began to cry with laughter.

“Misty, I think you might know Ash a little too well.” Brock commented while trying to restrain his laughter.

“Seriously, how did you know that?” Ash whispered to Misty.

“You always wear blue boxers.” Misty said, trying to cover up her embarrassing moment.

“No I don’t!” Ash said with his voice slightly raised. “I wore black yesterday!”

“OK, Ash, I think that might be a little too much detail.” May said, nursing the stitch in her side. “But your faces then were priceless.”

“Shouldn’t we be going to bed now?” Misty suggested and changing the subject. “Ash has got his first match quite early tomorrow and then his second one is after lunch, so we should get some sleep if we wanted to support him tomorrow.”

“Yeah, let’s go.” Ash said and yawned. “Night guys.” He said sleepily as he, Max and Brock went into their room with the girls departing to theirs.

“Well, what a beautiful day it is today folks. The weather’s fine, the stands are full and we’re ready to witness some extraordinary battling as we open today with a match between Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town and Treb Deril from Herdsville. Both trainers are extremely qualified and have both gained a lot of experience in other Leagues around the regions. Hold on to your seats folks because this is going to be one interesting battle!” The commentator shouted to warm up the audience for the following matches.

“So, as you may already know folks, the Trainers are only allowed to use one Pokemon for the qualifying matches which will decide whether they will advance into the second round of this competition. They will both be instructed to throw their pokeballs at the same time so that neither Trainer will know what Pokemon they will be up against. The qualifying matches also have a time limit where if both Pokemon are standing at the end of the match then they will receive one point each. If a Trainer wins he or she receives three points and the loser none. And now we have our first two Trainers stepping out onto the battle field even as we speak! Let’s give a warm welcome to Ash Ketchum and Treb Deril!” The commentator shouted as the group gave a hearty applause to the two Trainers.

Ash took his place on his stand as it elevated him up into the air and he looked confidently over the stony battlefield. His opponent also looked confident as he threw a pokeball casually up into the air and caught it, and repetitively did so as he grinned at Ash.

“Trainers, each hold your pokeball in front of you!” The referee shouted and held both coloured flags in the air.

Ash and Treb did so and as the referee counted down from three, they both released their Pokemon in unison. Gyarados appeared on the field and roared loudly to announce its presence and looked down at its small opponent in comparison. Treb had released a Houndour in to the field who bared its teeth at Gyarados and reared its tail. Brock, Misty, May and Max watched anxiously from the bench on the sidelines. Treb did not look at all phased by the type disadvantage, in fact he looked delighted.

The computer automatically chose the colour ‘red’ from a colour wheel of red and green, indicating that Treb would start the match.

“Begin!” The referee shouted and brought both his flags to the ground and signalled the beginning of the match.

“Houndour, commence with your Agility!” Treb ordered his Pokemon.

“Gyarados, use your Hydro Pump!” Ash shouted.

Houndour sped around the battlefield as Gyarados reared back and took aim at its target. When it released its attack, Houndour easily dodged and under its master’s orders, attacked Gyarados with a Crunch that meant locking its powerful teeth into Gyarados and biting down hard. Gyarados flinched in pain and panted as it stared at its opponent. Ash instructed Gyarados to use a Hyper Beam that once again missed as Houndour was told to use Double Team. When Ash ordered Gyarados to attack again, it refused and appeared to need time to regain its strength from using its last powerful attack. Seeing his advantage, Treb ordered Houndour to use its Flamethrower on Gyarados to help weaken it further. Flamethrowers were released from all of the Houndour duplicates from its previous attack and Gyarados counted by spinning around and aiming a Hydro Pump at all of the Houndours. They disappeared one by one and Gyarados was eventually left with the original that it scored a direct hit with and sent Houndour flying back to its master’s podium. Houndour lay on the floor but encouraged by Treb’s words, got to its feet and stared down its opponent. Both Pokemon were reaching their limit but neither refused to give. Ash ordered Gyarados to use another Hydro Pump where Treb simultaneously ordered Houndour to use another Crunch attack. Gyarados’s attack collided with Houndour, but it was not enough force to dissuade the Pokemon from carrying out its attack on Gyarados as it roared in pain once more. Its head fell heavily on the floor as Misty rushed towards it but she knew that if she touched it then it would automatically be disqualified. She knelt down by the side lines and offered encouragement to her Pokemon.

“Please, Gyarados, you need to get up. I know that you’re not used to battling with Ash, but we do have similar strategies. Trust him and believe in him as I believe in you. I know that you can do it Gyarados – all you need to do is get up.”

Gyarados opened its eyes and looked at Misty. She could tell that her Pokemon was tired from using its attacks – especially its Hyper Beam. But for its master, it knew that it couldn’t give up. It was aware that it had enough power and energy to battle but it needed to rest for a few minutes to regain its power – the time that it knew it didn’t have. Aware that he was near a victory, Treb ordered his Pokemon to use another Crunch attack. Without panicking, Ash encouraged Gyarados to get up but the Pokemon had already been inspired by its master’s words. It boldly lifted its head and stood proud as it watched Houndour speed towards it. Without orders, Gyarados dodged the attack and as Houndour continued to sail through the air, Gyarados launched a Hydro Pump and caught its opponent square in the back. Houndour yelped in pain and fell heavily to the ground near Ash’s stand. Treb shouted across the field but Houndour was unable to hear him. It remained still on the ground. The referee was about to announce the winner of the match until Treb interrupted him and they both watched Houndour struggle to its feet. Houndour managed to turn around to face Gyarados again – much to everyone’s surprise – though it was only supporting itself on weak legs. Ash knew that one more attack would finish off the Pokemon and so he ordered Gyarados to use a final Hydro Pump. A horn sounded opposite the referee and he held both flags up to signal a draw and the end of the match. After hearing this sound, Houndour fainted as his master jumped out of his stand and tended to his hurt Pokemon, praising it and then recalling it back to its pokeball.

Ash was left in confusion. If he had just been able to commence that final attack, he would have a big advantage. But now he was tied for first place and he wasn’t guaranteed to qualify until he knew the result of Treb and Macey’s match.

“Good battle, mate, you really are something.” Treb said with his arm outstretched when Ash realised he was standing in front of him.

“Oh, thanks.” Ash replied and smiled as he shook Treb’s hand. “Good luck,”

“You too, mate, I know you’re going to win.”

The both departed back to their sides and Ash was congratulated by his friends on his performance. Misty could tell that he wasn’t really listening to them and his mind was on other things – but she knew that inside he was taking this tie really hard. When Misty exchanged an unsure look with Brock, he knew exactly what she was thinking. As Ash, May and Max walked back to the room and May was commenting on how she was impressed by the way Ash had handled a Pokemon that he had never battled with before, Misty and Brock fell behind them and walked at a slower pace so that they could talk without being overheard.

“So do you also think that Ash is taking this tie a little too hard?” Misty asked quietly.

Brock nodded and looked at the back of disappointed Ash who was in between two very extremely happy people.

“Yeah, he’s kind of acting like he did when he was in the Indigo League – only that was when he lost to Richie.”

“Why do you think he’s acting like it?” Misty asked – worried that her friend might end up suffering a heavy defeat if he didn’t keep a level head and accept that what was happing was for a reason.

“You really want to know what I think?” Brock said and sighed.

“Well we both know that you and I know Ash better than anyone else here.” Misty replied. “Of course I want to know what you think – you better than both of us when it comes to advice.”

“Not always – you have your moments and I have mine.”

“OK, so we’re both good with advice – but I’ve been away from Ash for a while now and I’ve already seen loads of changes in him since I’ve been away – I mean he’s definitely matured a lot but now, he seems to have gone back to his ways like he was in Kanto.”

“Misty, I seriously think he’s acting like this because he’s missed you. I mean think about it – in Kanto, you were always there to support him and even when he lost, you tried to show him that there was always another chance and that there was always room for improvement. When I wasn’t there and you were – you must have been some inspiration to him because he won the Orange League. In Johto, with both of our support, he kept a level head all the way through and even when he lost – he took defeat like a man and made us both proud on how well he took it. Come on, Misty, don’t deny it – you’re a big influence on him and on the way he behaves. I can tell that when we were travelling around Houen, he really missed you – and believe it or not, he’s still got that hankerchief that you gave him.”

Misty stopped and looked at Brock in surprise.

“He has?” She asked in disbelief and smiled.

He has missed me. She thought happily to herself. But I wonder if he’s figured out the meaning of it?

“But, Misty, you’ve got to speak to him – I know that when you tried to before and he snapped back at you – and if you think about it, that’s exactly what happened in the Indigo League, and then look what happened. He actually listened to what you said. He’s lost without you – when you two are without me, he sails and succeeds, when we’re both with him, he sails and succeeds, but now he’s facing the biggest Tournament of his life so far and without you, he’ll sink and fail. Do you understand how much of an inspiration you are to him? Because it’s not me who seems to have that affect on him. You can argue that he’s won all of his gym badges without you, but he’s never faced a Tournament without you – and that’s when he needs you the most. Just talk to him, he’ll listen to you more than anyone else, even if he says he doesn’t accept your advice.” Brock finished confidently.

“Thanks, Brock, that’s sweet, but I don’t think Ash winning has anything to do with me – he’s too stubborn for that and I’ve never felt like his inspiration. I mean, why would I, of all people, be an inspiration? I support him yeah, and I don’t want to see him loose but I still can’t understand why he is beginning to act like a big baby all over again.”

Brock sighed in defeat that Misty was not willing to understand what he was trying to say.

She’s as stubborn as Ash. He thought to himself and grinned.

“Just talk to him OK?” He repeated as they made there way back to the room.

“Oh wait! I’m going back to watch Brendan’s match! I want to see how he does.” Misty said as she turned on her heel and ran back to the stands.

End Chapter 23

Dunno what you'll think of this. No time to explain - in a rush - do it tomorrow but please read, review & enjoy!

WS
    XxX

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Page 31 of 92 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast