Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate and Destiny of Friends - AAML

WitchKing_Ringwraith Guest

Wow! That chapter has to be the most suspenceful and overall best chapter I've ever read in any story. Congratulations Water Spirit! Even though I'm more of a Hoennshipper than AAML fan, I still like Misty and, like everyone else, would be devastated if the unthinkable should happen. Keep up the good work! Oh, and as I'm starting to reply to more and more fan-fics, could you please PM me when a new chapter is posted?

Mystical Angel Guest

Default Loving it!

OMG...this is really really good Water Spirit, i almost cried it was that touching. You a such a brilliant writer,the portrayal of Ash and Misty are soo good. Its like watching a really good episode, and i am being serious. I am soo happy they got to the Pokemon center in time (Center is how Australians spell it) Misty has to get better!

Awesome, just awesome
    Cya Mandy (Mystical Angel)

ASH AND MISTY FOEVER!!

I am a huge AAML supporter

Default Wow!

Wow! I don't think I've ever received this many reviews for a Chapter before! Thank you!

[Originally posted by Keira

I WILL KILL ALONG WITH WB IF YOU EVER THINK TO CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!! XD [/QUOTE]

Hmmm.... I'm actually getting kinda nervous by all these death threats. LOL only joking. I promise that I won't close down this thread and I will keep writing to the very end so that my loyal supporters can finish it if they want to... but I don't see the end anywhere in my sight... is that a good thing for you?

Thank you Blazing Charmander, Saya, flaming Charizard, Peach and Water_Master for your reviews! I hope that you, along with everyone else, will continue reading and reviewing for me!

Originally posted by Shawn

*Gives Water Spirit a congratulatory hug for doing a much anticipated and superb job on Chapter 10*

I'd like to point out this below in closure to my review of Chapter 10.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Water Spirit, near the end of Chapter 10
    “Me too.” Brock agreed confidently. “Misty’s are best friend and we’re not going leave her when she needs us the most.”

I believe "are" should be "our" there. No worries though!
    Awww! *hugs Shawn back gratefully* Thank you! Yeah, your right about that typo and thanks for pointing it out. I'll make sure to be more careful when reading through and checking it.

Woah! What can I say xsweet_peax but that is one heck of a long review! But I'm not complaining! Please don't be disheartened by the delay in chapters! If your excited about reading it but then you feel depressed after because you've finished it, then at least you'll have the excitment of waiting for another one but you know that you can at least predict what will happen next for fun! But please don't feel depressed, unfortunately everything in life must come to an end at some point, but I can assure you that I don't see the end of this fic anytime soon! You've read it 3 times already?! Cool! Awww! You really are sweet! But I'm sure that you've read better fics than mine!

BTW, I have nothing against Advanceshippers reading this fic but yeah, I do think that they will probably be put off because this is an AAML (or AAMRN as most of you have told me!) but then again I have a wonderful audience to write for! I've got a lovely group of people who appreciate it as a fic and another fantastic group of Pokeshippers who I can share my ideas with on how I would like Misty to return and her adventures with the group! So I think I should show you a lot more gratitude but I really don't know how! If it wasn't for everyone who reads and reviews this, then I wouldn't be here to continue writing this fic for you and I'm very grateful to you all for allowing me this oppertunity (OMG that sounded so formal!). But seriously, I really wish there was a way for me to show how much I appreciate you guys reading and reviewing my fic - and with such positive comments. Thank you to everyone.

And just to clarify, this is my first ever fanfic and I am privaliged to post it to an audience as great as you are! I hope that I don't let you down and I will do my very best to keep it as close to the anime as possible and to write it for your entertainment. Aww, xsweet_peax there is no need to cry when it ends, I'm sure that I'll write another fanfic but let's wait and see how well I do with this one!

No probs about the PM thing rust321, just glad your enjoying the fic and please keep on readin' & reviewin'!

Hi Mystical Angel! Thanks for the compliments and I hope that you will keep on reading this fic and letting me know what you think of it! Yep, I'm also a BIG Pokeshipper, which is probably one of the reasons why I wrote this fic.

Chapter 11 is well underway, and I will TRY and get it up before the end of the week at the latest. Just let me get rid of this H/W and throw a couple of coursework essays onto the marking pile... I'll shut up now. I'll get Chapter 11 up asap.

By the way, some of you said that I stuck to the anime really well in this fic. That's strange coz I really thought I strayed a bit on this chapter... guess not!

And anyone who hasn't reviewed yet please do! As always, if you have any Q's that you'd like A then just ask!

THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY!!!!

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Avalanche Guest

I'm new here and I just read your fic and it's AWESOME!!! It's got everything in it from drama to action to *starts to ramble on.* I can't wait till chapter 11. Keep up the good work. ^-^

Hiya Avalanche! Welcome to the Serebii Forums and thank you for reviewing my story. I hope that you will continue reading my fic and posting comments about what you think of it. Have fun!

Water Spirit
    XxX

P.S. Like I said before, Chapter 11 should be up asap!

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Shawn1036902 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spirit
    Awww! *hugs Shawn back gratefully* Thank you! Yeah, your right about that typo and thanks for pointing it out. I'll make sure to be more careful when reading through and checking it.
    No worries, like I said. It didn't bother me at all because "are" sounds just like "our," so I intepreted it as such.

BTW, I have nothing against Advanceshippers reading this fic but yeah, I do think that they will probably be put off because this is an AAML (or AAMRN as most of you have told me!) but then again I have a wonderful audience to write for!
    I'm somewhat of an Advanceshipper myself (OMG! Did I say that out loud?), however I'm a pokéshipper at heart, like the rest of the audience you have here.

Chapter 11 is well underway, and I will TRY and get it up before the end of the week at the latest. Just let me get rid of this H/W and throw a couple of coursework essays onto the marking pile... I'll shut up now. I'll get Chapter 11 up asap.
    Lol, I know that feeling too well (heh, I had nearly 75! essays to do in 12th grade, which was a pain). Do take your time. When Chapter 11 is done, I can't wait to read it, especially after reading such a superb chapter.

BTW, expect a PM soon. (It's about the fanfic I said I was beginning on.)

- Shawn

Woah! What can I say xsweet_peax but that is one heck of a long review! But I'm not complaining! Please don't be disheartened by the delay in chapters! If your excited about reading it but then you feel depressed after because you've finished it, then at least you'll have the excitment of waiting for another one but you know that you can at least predict what will happen next for fun! But please don't feel depressed, unfortunately everything in life must come to an end at some point, but I can assure you that I don't see the end of this fic anytime soon! You've read it 3 times already?! Cool! Awww! You really are sweet! But I'm sure that
    you've read better fics than mine!
    ahah..yeah, my review was long but i had a lot to say. I was sad that the chapter is over since I get so excited after each chapter..I mean its so interesting.

I read a lottttt of good pokeshipping stories so far and I had my fair share of bad stories also. However, I never felt this crazy about a story before. It always have me in my seat and I just go crazy about waiting for the next one. I did read many FANTASTIC fanfic but your story is different..in a good way ^_^

You're right! I do have the excitement of waiting for the next chapter and it always keeps me in suspense and thats what is sooo interesting and great about it. Thats one of the things that keeps this story alive... I do try to predict on what would happen next and it always is interesting to see what actually happens when the chapter comes out

BTW, I have nothing against Advanceshippers reading this fic but yeah, I do think that they will probably be put off because this is an AAML (or AAMRN as most of you have told me!) but then again I have a wonderful audience to write for! I've got a lovely group of people who appreciate it as a fic and another fantastic group of Pokeshippers who I can share my ideas with on how I would like Misty to return and her adventures with the group! So I think I should show you a lot more gratitude but I really don't know how! If it wasn't for everyone who reads and reviews this, then I wouldn't be here to continue writing this fic for you and I'm very grateful to you all for allowing me this oppertunity (OMG that sounded so formal!). But seriously, I really wish there was a way for me to show how much I appreciate you guys reading and reviewing my fic - and with such positive comments. Thank you to everyone.
    awww...you flatter us =D. eheh..none of us would be here either if it wasnt for your story. If it was bad..then we wouldnt be reading it so much so yeah..none of us would be here if it isnt for you. Ok...this part cracks me up ("If it wasn't for everyone who reads and reviews this, then I wouldn't be here to continue writing this fic for you and I'm very grateful to you all for allowing me this oppertunity") since it seems like you just won an emmy or something ^_^. I mean famous people always say something like that after they won an award =]. If I could..I would hand you the "Best Female Writer" award. CONGRATS!! ahah...ok...im getting high now

And just to clarify, this is my first ever fanfic and I am privaliged to post it to an audience as great as you are! I hope that I don't let you down and I will do my very best to keep it as close to the anime as possible and to write it for your entertainment. Aww, xsweet_peax there is no need to cry when it ends, I'm sure that I'll write another fanfic but let's wait and see how well I do with this one!
    ahah..yeah! I hope you do write another fanfic. Im sure you're doing well with this fanfic. There are so many reviews and it amaze me to see how there are so many fans for this story and it gets stronger day by day. Thats really cool...

~*~

ok...I just read the whole story again. I read every single chapter from beginning to this point and it just got me again. I mean the last time I read chapter 1 or 2 or those chapters were wayyy back then when it was posted. I remember all the events that happened and its still so interesting...even if I already read them before. Took me like an hour or two to finish it all ^_^. ehhe...Misty_Mermaid@pokeworld.com =] I like that email. It was really interesting to read all those chapters again. Now all the events are fresh in my mind

ok...I think I beat my last post since this one seems much longer eheheh
    Last edited by xsweet_peax; 6th July 2004 at 12:32 AM.

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

WOW

I just read those and I thought they were amazing. Even better than some Pokemon episodes.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PC | Registration | Cable Club

Wow, I missed two excellent chapters when going to Yellowstone (I've been gone for like, 1 - 2 weeks and just got back.) EEEEEEE, I'm cringing in suspence at Chapter 10! Will Team Magma enter the fray? Is Misty going to be okay? When will Ash actually battle Wallace? (Don't answer those questions directly, they're just in my head right now.) Keep it up! You're most definately NOT getting worse as the chapters go on. You've really made me think about the whole Pokeshipper thing (I'm not one to take to shippings, usually.)

Tap Dancing Pichu Guest

Wow. Your fan-fic is awesome!! Chapter 10 is the best chapter yet. Now I can't wait for Chapter 11. Great job

Cool! More reviews! Thank you to everyone!

And thanks for understanding Shawn!

Originally posted by xsweet_peax

Ok...this part cracks me up ("If it wasn't for everyone who reads and reviews this, then I wouldn't be here to continue writing this fic for you and I'm very grateful to you all for allowing me this oppertunity") since it seems like you just won an emmy or something ^_^. I mean famous people always say something like that after they won an award =]. If I could..I would hand you the "Best Female Writer" award. CONGRATS!! ahah...ok...im getting high now
    LOL! Yeah, it did sound kinda silly but I thought it was funny! Awwww! Wow! You'd seriously hand me an award!? Awww, thank you! (shame they didn't have an award thread because I really would like to nominate people for awards on their fanfics) Thanks xsweet_peax!

Wow, some new faces! Hi Eon and Tap Dancing Pichu! Thanks for reviewing and I hope that you will continue reading and reviewing my fic! Thanks again

Hi Polaris! Hope you had a nice time and I'm glad you liked the last two chapters. *keeps mouth zipped so that I can't be tempted to answer your questions*

Well, I'm gonna get some more of Chapter 11 done so I'll see ya later!

Please keep reviewing!

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

WaterEevee Guest

Water Spirit I just wanna say that your Fan-Fic is AMAZING! Im totally addicted to AAMRN and I have to say that yours is my ABSOLUTE favorite one of all! Can't wait for the next chapter (Is hoping Misty will be okay)!

Wow... I really like your story... I can actually see it as an episode.... your really talented!! Keep up the good work!!

Cheers!!

WOW! All I can say is WOW! That was an excellent chapter and I already thought you were a great author. That chapter blew me away. I can't wait until your next one! WOW! Great work. I don't know if I could have done that well. TTYL!
    Fanfic Buddies with the awesome, sweet, and cool Water Spirit! Also, thanks for making my CG acronym!

Well, now that some power hungry admin closed The Boys and Girls Club that was up for 6+ years, I won't be coming here anymore. Send me a msg if you wanna talk, but don't expect a response for a LONG time.

Owner of: The Boys and Girls Club (Click on the banner!)

Thank you Kaiviti, WaterEevee and Cerulean Girl for your reviews!

OK, I just want to give you a quick update on what is happening with Chapter 11. I'm really sorry that it's taken a while and I would have got it up sooner, but I was only told not that long ago that I had a French oral exam for today. As you can probably guess, everything has been put on hold so that I could revise on such short notice. Due to this, I still have to do H/W which is due in for tomorrow and I have not written as much of the fic as I would have hoped. However, I have been writing a bit each night for this chapter, but I'm afraid that I might not be able to get to Chapter 15 before I go on holiday but like always I will promise to try my best.

I hope this won't discourage you from continuing to read it and I should have it up by Sunday at the latest (I'm hoping to get it up by tomorrow but I still have a lot to write - I think this could be another long one! )

Sorry about this everyone but I hope you can understand.

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Don't worry at all, WaterSpirit. Don't let this fic get in the way of your own life. Besides, the longer spent on this fic, the better it will be.

I really like this fic and i'll be watching out for the new chapters at all times. Please don't rush it just to get it up quick.

By the way, i wish you very good luck on your exams.

-Blazing Charmander-

Mystical Angel Guest

Thank you Kaiviti, WaterEevee and Cerulean Girl for your reviews!

OK, I just want to give you a quick update on what is happening with Chapter 11. I'm really sorry that it's taken a while and I would have got it up sooner, but I was only told not that long ago that I had a French oral exam for today. As you can probably guess, everything has been put on hold so that I could revise on such short notice. Due to this, I still have to do H/W which is due in for tomorrow and I have not written as much of the fic as I would have hoped. However, I have been writing a bit each night for this chapter, but I'm afraid that I might not be able to get to Chapter 15 before I go on holiday but like always I will promise to try my best.

I hope this won't discourage you from continuing to read it and I should have it up by Sunday at the latest (I'm hoping to get it up by tomorrow but I still have a lot to write - I think this could be another long one! )

Sorry about this everyone but I hope you can understand.

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX

Good luck with your work Water Spirit, also my older brother can speak french and he went to france last year . Also when do you go on your holidays? Because i wanted to say have a awesome holiday!

Luv Mystical Angel

WOW!!!!!!!! Your fic is GREAT Water Spirit! I've just finished reading every chapter of your fic and its soooo awesome! I can't wait for the next chap! Keep up the great work!
    <~Thanks RaikousThunder for the awesome banner!~>

Talking Da Da! Chapter 11 - Beaten the record for longest Chapter! LOL

Hi everyone! Hope your still interested in reading this because I've just finished Chapter 11 for your amusment. French exam went...well *says sarcastically* but thats the end of exams for me! Enjoy!

Chapter 11 – A Life On the Line

The group waited anxiously outside by the fire. They had taken off their wet clothes and had dried themselves with towels that they had found in the spare room Nurse Joy had talked about earlier (the boys let May freshen up before them and she waited in the hall for them). Once they were drier, they put on their spare clothes and sat on the sofas in front of the fires waiting for news on Misty’s condition. It was gone midnight. May and Max had fallen asleep on the sofa. May was huddled up in a ball with her blanket wrapped tightly around her while Max was snoring on her shoulder. Ash, Brock and Wallace had agreed not to wake them as they knew how tired they must feel and they deserved some rest. No one said a word until three figures burst through the doors as lightning flashed and thunder roared outside. Rain was still pouring down as the hooded figures stepped into the Pokemon Centre. Wallace, Ash and Brock stood up. May and Max stirred behind them.

“That’s him!” one of the men shouted and pointed at Ash.

Ash seemed surprised. “Me?” he asked puzzled.

Brock instinctively stood in front of him. Ash squinted his eyes at the figure that now removed his hood from his head and Ash recognised him at once.

“It’s you!” he shouted. “You’re the guy who pushed Misty!”

Ash attempted to lunge at the man but Brock faced him and held him back. Max and May were sitting up straight on the sofa having been awoken by the shouting.

“Forgive my associate for his rudeness,” the tallest of the men replied calmly in a low voice. “But I believe you have something of min and I would like it back.”

“What are you talking about?!” Ash yelled angrily while struggling against Brock’s tight hold. “Because of you, my friend is having emergency treatment!”

The man removed his hood and glared at Ash maliciously.

“Where is she? She doesn’t happen to know where a blue orb fell does she?”

Ash struggled furiously against Brock at the man’s heartless words and Wallace had to help restrain him. Many and Max looked on at the scene in fear from the sofa.

“Calm down, boy, or it will be worse on your behalf.” The leader of the group said firmly.

“Who are you anyway!?” Ash shouted heatedly.

“I am Darren, the Co – Leader of Team Aqua.” The man said while grinning. “Well, I suppose if your friend is unable to speak, then there is not much point in us staying here any longer.”

He turned to his associate who Ash had recognised, before Wallace cut in.

“You’re the people who stole the Blue Orb from Mount Pyre aren’t you?” he asked quietly.

Darren smirked at him.

“You must return the orb back to the mountain as soon as you find it.” Wallace continued desperately. “The legend-”

“Oh please,” Darren cut him off. “I can’t understand why you believe in some poppy-**** story that someone made up long ago. The only thing that is true about that ‘legend’ is that the legendary sea Pokemon has awakened and we intend to capture it.”

“And then what will you do? The weather is not a coincidence! You have angered and disrupted the powerful beasts!” Wallace said, fuming.

Darren ignored him. He whispered something to his men and they left through the door without another word.

“What was that about?” Max piped up from behind the group.

Wallace clenched his fist and looked at the floor.

“We have to get the Orb before Team Aqua finds it.” Wallace said determinedly. “If we don’t… I dread to think of the consequences.”

“But how?” Brock exclaimed. “We don’t know the first place to look and we can’t just leave Misty.”

They all pondered in thought until Ash spoke up.

“I’ll go.” He said solemnly with his head bowed down.

The others looked at him and gasped.

“Ash, are you sure?” May questioned. “Don’t you wanna stay here so you can be with Misty?”

“Yeah, of course I do but…” he trailed off and looked up at the group. “Misty loves Water Pokemon and I feel really guilty because of what happened to her. But if I find this Orb means helping a Water Pokemon, I think it’s the least I can do for Misty coz there’s not much to do here but wait. And besides, I know roughly where to go and I know it must have landed near where Misty was.”

The others looked at him in amazement. He averted his gaze away from them and looked at the double doors, which concealed Misty. He walked cautiously over to them and peered through one of the small windows in the door. Misty was lying on the bed with an oxygen mask over her mouth. She seemed to be wearing a strapped white top and a pile of five blankets were piled untidily by her feet. Her arms rested on top of the sheet that was covering her. Nurse Joy was standing over her with a deep look of concern upon her face and was writing notes down on a clipboard that she held. Ash couldn’t hear what she said but he watched her order one of the Chanseys to cover Misty up. The Chansey grabbed hold of the pile of blankets and pulled them up to Misty’s head and tucked them tightly around her neck to keep her warm. The other Chansey came back with a flannel that it had just ringed out in a steaming bowl of hot water and placed it gently on Misty’s forehead. It seemed that the colour refused to come back to her body and she remained a pale white. The steady beeping that sounded simultaneously with Misty’s heartbeat echoed in Ash’s ears.

Keep fighting Misty, Ash said comfortingly to himself. Just don’t give up and I’ll get back as soon as I can to be with you.

He walked away from the doors and faced the group.

“I’m taking Misty’s LuvDisc with me.” He announced.

“Why?” May asked.

“Because it was the first Pokemon I saw and led me to where Misty was up on the mountain. It probably knows where I can find the Blue Orb.”

He walked over to May and she sighed as she handed him the pokeball containing LuvDisc.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can.” He said confidently. “Look after Misty for me, and do whatever you can to help her.”

“Sure, Ash, we promise.” Brock answered reassuringly.

“Yeah, but please be careful, Ash.” May added.

“Good luck, Ash.” Max finished.

Ash glanced at the treatment room doors one last time.

“Don’t worry, Ash, she’s a fighter and she’ll be here waiting for you when you return.” Wallace said comfortingly. “She needs you but I know that she’ll be very grateful to you for helping a Pokemon because she will understand.”

Ash smiled at Wallace.

“I know, I shouldn’t really leave her but if I don’t do this then it could be the end for all of us. And I know Misty won’t let me down and keep on fighting.”

He clipped LuvDisc’s pokeball on his belt and was given a navy coat to help against the rain.

“Wait!” Wallace said.

He handed Ash a PokeGear and instructed Ash on how to use it and to contact the Pokemon Centre if he needed any help. Ash made Wallace promise him to update him on any news of Misty if her condition changed for better or worse. Wallace promised him. He quickly bid his friends farewell before setting off in the treacherous weather towards the mountains.

The rain pattered on the windows of the Pokemon Centre as May sat in front of the fire gazing at the flickering flames. Max had gone to get something to drink from one of the vending machines and Brock and Wallace talked quietly together.

“So what did Nurse Joy say about Misty’s condition when you spoke to her a while ago?” Brock asked anxiously.

Wallace sighed.

“She said there has been no improvement and she’s afraid that she is slipping away. She took in a portable heater with her to try and warm her up.”

Nurse Joy came out of the treatment room wiping her brow. Brock and Wallace looked at her eagerly and she walked over to them.

“How is she?” Wallace asked.

“Well, we seemed to have regained some of the colour in her cheeks but she still feels quite cold. She must have been left out in the pool and cold for ages. It’s lucky that she hasn’t caught pneumonia but we’ve given her antibiotics. However, it still could go either way. She may recover or she might get worse.”

The boys both bowed their heads in sorrow.

“Thanks, Nurse Joy.” Wallace said as the nurse disappeared behind the double doors again.

“Where have the trainers gone that came to the demonstration?” Brock said to try and change the subject.

“They’re all staying at my house as I said that he demonstration would probably conclude tomorrow.” Wallace replied.

They both stayed silent. May, who had overheard the whole conversation, looked at the depressed boys and wrapped the blanket more tightly around herself. She stared at the flames helplessly.

“Please hurry, Ash,” she whispered to herself. “Misty needs you.”

Ash trekked up the mountain path as the rain battered against him – the rain that moved freely in the wind’s grasp. He came across the tunnel in the mountain that Wallace had used as a short cut to find Misty. He had lost track of time but knew that he had been walking against the severe weather for a long time. He had heard no further news on Misty’s progress and presumed that she was OK. He pressed on determinedly as he fought against the prevailing winds and was blinded by the cascading water. Thunder rumbled angrily above his head, and he hugged himself to try and get rid of the bitter coldness that was sweeping through his body. He clenched his teeth and sighed a little when the tunnel sheltered him. He had not, however, escaped the powers of the gales that blew through the tunnel to the other side but they were no where near as strong as the ones that he would have to face again when he reached the end of the tunnel. He walked through it slowly, giving himself a chance to regain his breath. The rain died instantly as Ash walked towards the end of the passageway. When he emerged on the other side, the wind picked up and he shielded himself against the unexpected force. When he regained his balance, he moved forward – protecting his face from the gales so that he could see where he was going. Once he was under the shelter of the trees, he moved swiftly through the undergrowth until he reached the clearing of the trees, which faced the pool. HE looked sorrowfully at the spot where he had found Misty before releasing LuvDisc from its pokeball. It looked up at Ash eagerly then stopped and started searching for its master.

“Luv?” It asked Ash uncertainly.

“LuvDisc, I need you to help me find a Blue Orb that might have landed near Misty when she fell. Can you help?” Ash ordered.

LuvDisc jumped up and down happily as it knew that it could be of assistance. It hopped over to Ash and rubbed itself affectionately against his leg. Ash laughed nervously and asked LuvDisc politely again to find the orb. It dived into the pool after nodding in agreement as the winds picked up again. Ash heard screams above him and looked up into the black sky. A balloon zoomed across the sky and as the wind changed direction, the balloon followed. The passengers inside screamed loudly as they were caught up in the uncontrollable winds. Ash shielded himself against the pressure of it and watched the balloon spiral around the trees. It crashed into the woods near him. He ran over to where it had landed. Ash saw the remains of the balloon tangled up in the dense trees, billowing wildly in the winds. Tow dazed figures were suspended up in the trees, one doubled over on a thick branch and the other clinging on for dear life on an opposing branch. A cat-like creature was also in the trees, clinging on to a bell jar, which contained a yellow Pokemon. Meowth had swirls in his eyes and it let go of the jar unconsciously as Ash shouted out eth Pokemon’s name when he realised whom it was.

“Pikachu!” he shouted as he ran after the falling jar.

He sprinted towards it and dived onto the muddy ground as he grabbed it and pulled it towards him protectively so that he wouldn’t break the glass. He skidded across the ground and started slowing down because of the build up of mud behind him and eventually stopped when he collided with a tree. He remained on the ground as the creature in the jar called out to him. Ash stirred and looked emotionally at his Pokemon as he removed it from the container. It jumped into his arms and rubbed its furry face against his neck.

“Pikachu, I thought I’d never see you again.” Ash said with tears in his eyes.

Pikachu cooed reassuringly against Ash’s shoulder and hugged its master tightly.

“Meowth! What have you done!?” The female figure shouted at the cat-like Pokemon as she struggled to free herself from the tree.

She had fallen on to a branch but was being suspended by a thick twig, which she was caught on by her jacket. James clung on to a neighbouring branch desperately.

“You’ve let Pikachu get away!” Jesse continued shouting angrily. “Now the twerp is going to get away and we’re gonna be stuck up here for ages!”

Meowth didn’t respond. Thunder rumbled above their heads and rain came down violently and without warning. Jesse sighed and placed her head on her hand heavily while supporting herself on the branch with another.

“Great.” She mumbled unhappily to herself.

“Hey! Team Rocket!” a voice shouted from below.

“Huh?” Jesse and James looked down below. “Oh it’s the twerp.” Jesse said annoyed.

Ash was staring up at the group in the trees. He had his hood up and Pikachu was zipped up in his coat with its head poking out. The rain stopped suddenly but most of the ground was underwater by now. The water started seeping into Ash’s trainers and he hopped from one foot to the other – attempting to get rid of the water but eventually gave in when he realised that he couldn’t prevent it.

“What is with this stupid weather?” Jesse complained loudly to the sky above.

“Jesse, will you please stop complaining, you’re driving us all mad.” James said in a sarcastic tone.

“What’s that different from any other day?” Meowth said in a dazed tone while rubbing his head.

Jesse had fire in her eyes and smacked James and Meowth around the head before falling off her branch and landing on another one below. James and Meowth laughed at her as they rubbed their bruised heads. Jesse waved a fist at them and shouted that they would pay later.

“I thought that you had gone ages ago.” Ash said to Jesse when she looked down at him. “Not that I’m complaining because otherwise I wouldn’t have got Pikachu back but still…” Ash said in a smart tone with a grin on his face.

Jesse’s face flamed red with anger.

“Well, if you must know, we were waiting for the weather to calm down and when it did we got caught up in this stupid freak weather and now we’re stuck up here!” she shouted angrily at Ash.

He smirked. “Oh well, have fun he said.” He said in a playful tone before walking off to the pond.

“Hey! Where do you think you are going?!” Jesse yelled after him. “Come back here and get us down!”

Ash ignored her and moved cautiously across the muddy flooded land to the pond, which was overflowing. He saw LuvDisc jumping up and down on the surface with a ball floating next to it. Ash gasped and ran over to it – slipping and sliding here and there. LuvDisc pushed it with its nose towards him. Ash skidded to a stop in front of it and crouched down to pick up the orb. It glowed in his hand and he smiled at LuvDisc gratefully.

“Thanks, LuvDisc. You’ve been a lifesaver.” Ash said kindly to the Pokemon.

“Luv!” It squealed and jumped in the air.

“Yes, well done Luv-” a voice said from behind Ash.

The voice had come from the trees and had been cut short by screams and a loud crash. Ash recalled LuvDisc to its pokeball and ran over to where the noise had come from and saw a pile of arms and legs piled on the ground. Team Rocket sat up bolt right on the figures below them and exclaimed to Ash that they wanted Pikachu. The figures below them threw them off and sent the flying in the mud.

“I want that Blue Orb.” One of the men said panting whom Ash recognised as Darren, the Co-Leader of Team Aqua.

“No way!” Ash shouted. “Pikachu, go!”

Pikachu jumped out of Ash’s coat and into the air. It was hit by a lightning bolt, which boosted its electrical energy. It released a Thunder attack, which hit Team Rocket, Team Aqua and Ash – who was holding a tree – and sent the two Teams flying into the darkening sky.

“Look’s like Team Rocket’s blasting off again!” Ash heard them shout, as their voices grew fainter.

Ash twitched as the electricity coursed through his body and fell onto the floor. Pikachu ran up to him and patted him on the shoulder while apologising.

“It’s OK.” Ash reassured his Pokemon as he got up and rubbed his head. “Let’s get back to the Pokmon Centre.”

Pikachu nodded and they both ran back down the mountain path.

“Hey, Ash. How are you getting on?” Brock asked his friend as he spoke to him on the phone.

“I’m OK. I’ve got the Orb and I’ve got Pikachu back!” Ash replied.

Brock heard the Pokemon shout its name down the phone.

“That’s great, Ash.”

“How’s Misty doing?”

Brock stayed silent for a while.

“She’s doing better but… Nurse Joy said it could still go either way.” Brock replied cautiously.

The two Teams flew through the air and towards Sootopolis where they collided with the power plant. Sparks flew everywhere and a big explosion sent them flying off again into the night sky.

“Three times in one day?! That’s not OK!” Team Rocket shouted as they disappeared again with the Team Aqua representatives.

“Do you think she’ll be OK though?” Ash asked hopefully.

“Huh?” Brock said as the phone went dead.

The lights went out and Wallace looked out of the window to see that all the power in the city had gone.

“Something’s wrong at the power plant.” He said. “The whole city is in totally darkness.

“Misty!” Brock shouted and let the receiver dangle helplessly even though the line was cut as he ran to the treatment room.

He peered through the door and saw Nurse Joy fix a battery pack to the monitor that was supervising Misty’s heart rate and removed the gas mask from her face. All of the other equipment was now helpless and all that could be was the steady beeping from the machine. Brock opened the door carefully.

“Nurse Joy, will she be alright?” he asked her quietly.

Her face was panic-stricken when she looked at him.

“There is nothing I can do now to help her.” She said fearfully. “This battery pack is only half full! I ordered another which was supposed to arrive yesterday but it did come!” If she slips away there will be now way to revive her!”

“Brock?” Ash said into the PokeGear. “Brock, what’s going on?”

The line was dead. He tried returning the call but it would not go through. He started to panic.

“Oh no, Misty!” he said to himself and continued running down the path. The fierce weather resumed and Ash battled against the heartless winds and torrential rain to get back to Sootopolis.

“Pika!” His Pokemon encouraged as they ran down the path.

They travelled for over an hour as Ash’s mind tortured him with the fact that he might loose Misty. He thought of all the times that they had had together and images of them sprung up in his mind.

He thought of the time when he first met her – when she had rescued him from the water and directed him on which way to go, when they were at the Maiden’s Peak Festival, when she had been given Togepi, the time when she had participated in the Water show her sisters held. When they were in the Orange Islands, she had chosen to travel with him and not Rudy, she had rescued him from the sea when he had been the Chosen One, and how she had helped him when she was sick. Johto, she had travelled with Brock and him all the way through, participating in the Whirl Islands and never forgetting their friendship – and when she had to leave. But then they were reunited in Houen and he had helped her get Togepi back, though she had to leave again when Togepi had evolved and was left to rule the Mirage Kingdom. And now, she had rescued him from the falling off the boat and their friendship still remained. His mind returned back to the scene of where he saw Misty lying helplessly on the bed in the Pokemon Centre and he bowed his head in resentment from leaving her.

He stopped to catch his breath as he looked over the hill where he should have seen the lights of the city. He couldn’t see anything. Sheets of rain were hiding the city but he was sure that he even so, he should be able to see lights emitted from the city but everything was dark. His anxiety grew. Something was wrong as he sped towards the invisible city.

Wallace, Brock, May and Max were standing in the treatment room watching Misty. She was still unconscious and the beeping which signalled her heartbeat was slowing down.

“Is the battery running out?” Wallace asked Nurse Joy fearfully.

Nurse Joy moved over quickly to the battery pack and checked the status bar. Her face grew pale.

“No! It’s still a quarter full!” she exclaimed.

“WE’RE LOSING HER!” May screamed in terror.

“Everybody out now!” Nurse Joy ordered the group calmly and ushered them out of the doors.

They peered through the window. They watched the green line on the heart monitor created smaller and smaller signals until it became a straight line. Nurse Joy was pressing down on Misty’s chest trying to encourage her heart to beat again. Tears were in everyone’s eyes and May held her hands over her mouth. Max bit his lip and Wallace and Brock clenched their fists. The doors of the Pokemon Centre burst open and a soaking wet Ash walked in. He ran up to the group.

“Ash, Misty’s heart beat has gone and the power’s out! We don’t have anyway of reviving Misty!” Max shouted out desperately.

Ash’s face went white and he shouted out her name. He tried to burst through the doors but Wallace held him back and tried to reason with him that Nurse Joy was doing all that she could do. Ash struggled against Wallace and managed to break free. He ran into the treatment room and stood beside Misty on the bed. Nurse Joy continued to try and revive Misty. Pikachu was on Ash’s shoulder and he punched the bed furiously when she didn’t respond. Tears trickled down his face mixed with the rain that dripped off him and onto the bed. He held Misty’s hand.

“Misty please wake up!” he cried.

The others waited in the doorway hoping that she would respond to her friend.

“Misty, please you can’t die!” he said as the tears ran freely down his face.

Pikachu was crying next to him.

“I need a power source!” Nurse Joy shouted. “But I can’t use the monitor’s because I need to keep track on whether she is conscious or not!”

Ash’s eyes flashed.

“Pikachu, use a thunder shock on Misty!” He commanded his Pokemon without thinking.

He let go of Misty’s hand as Pikachu grabbed it and sent a bolt of electricity flowing through Misty’s body. Her body glowed a bright yellow and her body lifted slightly from the bed due to the shock. When the jolt stopped, her body hit the bed and the monitor continued to beep again. Everyone held his or her breath. Misty’s eyes fluttered open and she looked at Ash and Pikachu. She smiled weakly at them.

“Hiya, Ash.” She said quietly.

Ash sighed with enormous relief and smiled emotionally at his friend.

“She’s OK!” Max shouted as he punched the air.

Brock, May and Wallace were wiping their eyes and moved into the room to see Misty.

End Chapter 11

Well, there you have it. Chapter 11 is just over 10 pages long hehe, so I hope this satisfies you for the length! Please let me know what you think of it. As always I love to hear your comment so please read and review!

And thank you Mystic Angel and latias for your reviews and thanks for understanding Blazing Charmander! Hopefully you'll review this chapter too? Please?

I go on holiday on the 28th July, looking forward to it but I am gonna miss everybody!

Anyway, please let me know what you think of it!

Luv

Water Spirit
    XxX

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Excellent chapter! The detail you put in is not only relevant but captivating as well, I could picture any scene perfectly. And it was very suspencful as well. I was actually starting to forget about Pikachu before Team Rocket came in. Anyway, keep up the good work, don't feel rushed and I'll be looking forward to your next chapter (you said your story might extend past the eigth badge, to Evergrande, right?.) I can't wait to see if Team Magma does something (Red Orb, anyone?)

Of course i'll review, Water Spirit. I'm now a big fan of this fanfiction and i think it's getting better and better.

Lovely description and it kept me on the edge of my seat all the time. I'm glad that Misty has finally woken up. I was scared she wasn't going to make it. I didn't even think of Pikachu using his electricity on Misty to get the equipment running again. Nice idea! ^^

Well, that's all i need to say for this chapter. Let me just wish that you have a great time on your holiday. Just relax and have lots of fun.

~Blazing Charmander~

Keira Guest

SWEET!

I love this chapter! Is very long, well detailed and has many suspense in it.

Good job indeed, I can't wait for chapter 12

Villian_Kuthu Guest

Well...i'm new to this thread...i've copied all ur Chapters and am startin to read them A.S.A.P...from all these ppl's comments i bet it is well done...can't wait to read it...and hope to see more...

BYE....

I'm so releaved that Misty's okay. Though, when she did slip away like that, I must admit, I did cry a little.

I'm glad that Pikachu is back too, it just wouldn't be the same without him.

You're doing quite well. Keep it up.

I loved this chapter. Keep up the good work!
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PC | Registration | Cable Club

Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast