Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate and Destiny of Friends - AAML

Default Ummm... Anyone interested in reading Chapter 9?

... Hmm... took a little while to find this. ...OK, firstly I would like to apolgise to everyone for taking so long to post up this Chapter. I'm not sure how many of you are still interested in reading it but I hope that you will enjoy it if you do read it.

Chapter 9 – Exploring the Unknown

“HAHAHAHA!” Jesse cackled as Ash and Misty were sucked up the drainpipe.

Four nets were revealed at the back of the balloon which Ash, Misty and Gyarados were dropped into. Jesse observed their capture.

“Say, hang on a sec.” She said while pondering. “I thought there were only four travelling in the twerps group. Who’s the other one we’ve caught?”

James looked at Misty struggling in the net.

“Ooooo!” He said gleefully. “That’s the twerps red-headed friend who had the Togepi!”

“Ash!” May shouted.

“Misty!” Brock shouted and ran towards the drainpipe. “Fortress! Rapid Spin!” he shouted as he threw a pokeball.

Fortress emerged and span quickly towards the balloon where Team Rocket were laughing at it.

“Well, we would like to introduce to you our newest invention – the Anti-Spinmoliser and Gust Gun Mach 2!” Jesse shouted as she flung a grenade gun onto her shoulder and flipped a switch.

“Funny, I thought it was a leaf blower that we nicked and stuck an engine of the back of it.” Meowth said sarcastically.

Jesse hit him on the head.

“Will you shut your mouth! You always have to go and spoil everything!” she shouted angrily.

She aimed her gadget at the approaching Fortress and launched a high-powered gust forcing it to fly back at Brock.

“Who are you anyway?” Wallace shouted.

Jesse became red with anger.

“How dare you ask us who we are! We introduced ourselves earlier! Weren’t you paying an attention?!” She shouted quickly.

Wallace seemed stunned at being addressed in this manner. Jesse glared at him and set her ‘Anti-Spinmoliser and Gust Gun Mach 2’ on full blast and aimed it at the crowd below her. Many of the members were blown backwards and were rolling towards the door. Misty and Ash continued to struggle in their nets. James looked behind him at the struggling pair and their Gyarados.

“Say Jesse? Where’s their Pikachu?”

Jesse turned around – still holding her wind machine. Without realising, she blasted her partner from the balloon, causing him to fall off the side and grab onto Misty’s captive net. Misty folded her arms.

“You really haven’t changed have you?” she asked ironically.

“Jesse! I’m scared! Pull me up! Pull me up!” James moaned as his teammate struggled with their gadget.

Meowth was in fits of laughter at the sight of them. Pikachu was holding on to the wall of the doorway that Ash had emerged from.

“Oh, there it is!” She said gleefully as she gained control of the machine. “James, is there a reverse button on this thing?”

James crawled into the balloon and panted. He stood up and examined the machine. The duo were dumbfound as to how to reverse the function of it.

“Hmmm. I wonder what this button does?” James questioned and pressed a white button underneath Jesse’s hand.

The gust reversed into a suction that Jesse aimed at Pikachu.

“Brilliant, James! Now let’s get Pikachu!” she said while punching the air.

Meowth and James copied her before focusing their attention on Jesse’s capture. People in the audience were regaining themselves, as they were no longer being blown away and started moving towards the balloon.

“Waaaahhh! Jess, they’re coming back to the balloon!” Meowth screamed.

“James! Get out Gust Gun Mach 3 for Operation Plan B!” Jesse shouted.

“What’s plan B?” he asked.

“Just get the machine will you?” She shouted in his face.

James backed away and disappeared from sight as he ducked down into the basket of the balloon. Meowth bent down next to him and helped him with the gadget. James emerged with another grenade gun, which he aimed at the crowd and sent them flying in all directions with the power of the gust it was emitting. James laughed. Jesse was still focused on getting Pikachu.

“Come on Pikachu! I think it’s time for you to come over to us now!” Jesse chanted sweetly.

Pikachu was holding on to the wall with all its might and refused to let go. It was barely hanging on with its two front paws when it screamed out.

“Pikachu!” Ash shouted as he watched his friend struggle against Team Rocket. “Pikachu, hang on!” he said whilst trying to free himself of his net.

“Gyarados! Use a Hyper Beam on your net!” Misty commanded her Pokemon.

Gyarados launched a Hyper Beam and sent its bindings to cinders as it fell back into the pool.

“Hey! What do you think you are doing!?” Jesse shouted in alarm.

Pikachu let go the wall and was sucked up Jesse’s gadget. Jesse laughed triumphantly as Ash screamed out Pikachu’s name. Jesse held up her gun straight in the air without thinking. The balloon zoomed back out of the hole in the roof – with the drainpipe trailing behind them – and disappeared into the sky.

“Looks like Team Rocket’s blasting off again! Unexpectedly and embarrassingly! But we have Pikachu!” The trio shouted as and finished on a gleeful note when they realised that they had the yellow Pokemon.

“WOOHAH!” Ash and Misty both screamed as they flew into the air and were detached from the balloon.

They fell into the ocean – far off from the gym and in an area that they hadn’t seen before. Both plummeted into the water and tried kicking towards the surface, though the nets were pulling them down. Misty held up the two pokeballs that she was still holding and released her Pokemon. Corsola and LuvDisc emerged as LuvDisc span excitedly around the two captives. Corsola strung straight into action and attempted to cut the net with its horns. Misty and Ash continued to fall to the seabed as LuvDisc continued its dance. Ash was holding his breath but his lungs felt like bursting. He waved his arms around frantically and then covered his mouth. Misty anxiously signalled to LuvDisc to help Ash and it nodded happily at her. It swam over to Ash – who had now hit the seabed – and started biting at the net. Corsola made a hole in Misty’s net. She soon swam out of it and quickly over to Ash to help try and break it. When they were successful, Misty grabbed onto one of Corsola’s horns as it sped to the surface and clasped onto Ash’s hand as they zoomed to the surface, closely followed by LuvDisc. They both took in grateful breaths of fresh air when they surfaced and bobbed up and down as they looked at their surroundings. They seemed to be in a bay that was isolated by steep mountains and cliffs and a very narrow sandy beach. They gently swam over to the land and Ash laid flat on his back when he reached the beach. He breathed heavily as Misty crouched down beside him.

“Where are we?” She asked.

“I dunno. Maybe we’re on another part of Sootopolis.” Ash replied unsurely. He gasped. “Where’s Pikachu?!” He asked anxiously and scared.

They looked around but couldn’t see any signs of Pikachu or Team Rocket. Ash ran along the beach as Misty recalled her Pokemon back to their pokeballs. There was a narrow path that made its way up the mountain, which he stood in front of as Misty caught up with him.

“We have to find Pikachu and Team Rocket!” Ash said determinedly.

Misty nodded her approval and they walked cautiously up the path. They were forced to shuffle along as the trail became so narrow and after a while Ash and Misty found themselves spiralling around to the other side to be greeted by a steep drop where the ground couldn’t be seen. A low mist had settled in and was obscuring their vision of seeing below or in front of them.

“Ash, do you know where this is going?” Misty asked as she looked below her.

She had one hand on the side of the mountain and another keeping her balance as she place one foot carefully in front of the other. Ash looked back at her and scratched his head with an uncertain smile on his face. Misty sighed and continued to follow him along the progressively sloping path. Ash moved on to a wide-open area away from the path, which connected to another trail that led further up the mountain. An entrance to a cave was embedded in the flat part of the mountain that was shelter by a cliff and two stone pillars. Misty hopped off the narrow path and next to where Ash was standing. She glanced at the cave.

“I wonder what’s in there?” she asked slightly scared.

A low growling could be heard from inside but it was too dark to identify any movement or shapes. The growling turned into a painful scream and a figure could be heard panting as the person ran towards the entrance. A man dressed in a blue outfit with a skull logo and a bandana seemed surprised to see the pair watching him. He panicked and headed for Misty who was standing in front of the path. He was holding in his hand a blue orb that was glowing and he glowered at Misty’s frightened face.

“Get out of the way you stupid girl!” He shouted gruffly but Misty was too confused to move. “I said move!”

He pushed her out of the way of the path where she lost her footing on the edge of the cliff and tried to grab out and stop herself from falling. She lunged at the man who grabbed on to the side of the mountain and let go of the orb as it fell into the swirling mists. Misty screamed as she fell backwards off the cliff and to the perils below.

“ASH!”

“MISTY!” Ash yelled desperately as he watched his friend disappear from sight and to her doom.

End Chapter 9

*shakes head embarressingly* To me, this fic is getting worse and worse. The length is really short and this chapter seems pointless and I haven't written Chapter 10 to make up for it. Please let me know what you think and if no-one is interested then I'll ask for this thread to be closed. I don't think I'm spending enough time on it but I have been very busy.

I'd be very interested to know what you think of it.

Water Spirit

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

roodude15 Guest

Wow. Another interesting chapter. I loved Team Rocket's new machine. Its very funny cause they always have a big name for a common thing. There is no reason to close this thread. The story isn't getting worse. Maybe since you still have school, its occupiying(sp) your free time. The story is getting better though. It has a lot of description and you still kept it close to the show. Maybe so you don't have to find it again try adding it to your favorites.

~roo~

Dark Tyranitar Guest

That was a great chapter, it's gettin better and better. Keep it open!

Another great chapter! And don't stop writing please. I have been following this fic since the first chapter and I still love it. I would understand if you stopped writing it due to work, but please don't stop because you think that your writing is getting worse, because it isn't!
    Diamond FC: 0988-8206-8441
    Name: Alex

Nice way of getting them alone! TR are very anime like (thats good btw) Please keep it up it's better than most fics here (sorry other fic writers!)

Ishaan Guest

hey guys! i'm new here...just read ur story water spirit....it rocks so far! if only they actually made an episode along those lines.

u really should finish it u know....we're all waiting to see where this one goes!

WaterBlaster Guest

What an awesome chapter, Water Spirit! I thought it was amazing!
    I still can't believe you think you're beginning to write poorly. Trust me, you're not! You have this incredible talent! And we're all very lucky that you began to use it! I'm so grateful that you're a Pokéshipper, that way, us Pokéshippers get to read your wonderful fiction about the adorable couple of Ash and Misty while we wait for Misty's return!
    Really, Water Spirit! You're terrific! Just look at all of the fans you have! And this if just your first fic! Brighten up! We are all your fans! ^_^

Shawn1036902 Guest

I agree with WaterBlaster... I don't get why you'd think you're writing poorly. My interest in this story has not gotten lower at all -- in fact, it's gotten higher. I liked this chapter pretty well, just as well as I liked all other 8 chapters.

Please, don't stop writing. This needs to stay open. You still have many fans of this story, including me, and we'll stay and read chapters as they progress. That's just my opinion, though.

-Shawn

This is one great chapter. You captured TR perfectly. And it is nice to see them get away with their schemes every once in a while. It just brings on more suspence. You're doing quite well, keep it up.

Also, we all understand that school is taking up your free time. It's really no big deal.

Water_Master Guest

That wasn't bad!! ^_^ But your length is getting a little bit too short.

A great chapter!
    Team Rocket's invention are always so cool!

Even if you write this story to the end of time, I will read it!

~roo~: There is no reason to close this thread. The story isn't getting worse. Maybe since you still have school, its occupiying(sp) your free time. The story is getting better though. It has a lot of description and you still kept it close to the show.

Dark Tyranitar: That was a great chapter, it's gettin better and better. Keep it open!

Shiny Bayleaf: Another great chapter! And don't stop writing please. I have been following this fic since the first chapter and I still love it. I would understand if you stopped writing it due to work, but please don't stop because you think that your writing is getting worse, because it isn't!

Flaming Charizard: Nice way of getting them alone! TR are very anime like (thats good btw) Please keep it up it's better than most fics here (sorry other fic writers!)
    Really? You guys are still interested in reading it? I seriously thought that you'd think that it was getting worse and I'd end up closing it. Well, if you are still interested in reading then I will keep on writing chapters for your entertainment! Thank you for opinions and reviewing it so positively but I was really starting to give up hope for the success of this fic because I did think I was losing my touch. So thank you to everyone and I will continue to keep on writing for such a wonderful audience! And about the school thing that roo mentioned, it is difficult but I promise you that I wouldn't close this thread on behalf of school and it's tedious demands - it might take me a while to post up chapters but I would never abandon it for school work as I really enjoy writing it and it does distract me from thinking about work.

Originally posted by Ishaan

hey guys! i'm new here...just read ur story water spirit....it rocks so far! if only they actually made an episode along those lines.

u really should finish it u know....we're all waiting to see where this one goes!
    Hi! Welcome to the Serebii Forums and I'm glad you're enjoying my fic! I hope you will continue reading it though, now that I have been inspired by my lovely readers to keep on writing for everyone! Ummm... I wasn't planning to finish this fic anytime soon though, in fact I have a lot of plans for this fic that could make it go on for a long time. I was just doubting whether I was going to continue writing or not but I think that has been decided!

Originally posted by WaterBlaster

What an awesome chapter, Water Spirit! I thought it was amazing!
    I still can't believe you think you're beginning to write poorly. Trust me, you're not! You have this incredible talent! And we're all very lucky that you began to use it! I'm so grateful that you're a Pokéshipper, that way, us Pokéshippers get to read your wonderful fiction about the adorable couple of Ash and Misty while we wait for Misty's return!
    Really, Water Spirit! You're terrific! Just look at all of the fans you have! And this if just your first fic! Brighten up! We are all your fans! ^_^
    Awww! Thank you so much WaterBlaster! That's really sweet of you! *smiles* I think I'm brightening up already! But I'll never be as good a writer as you because your work is fantastic!

Originally posted by Shawn

I agree with WaterBlaster... I don't get why you'd think you're writing poorly. My interest in this story has not gotten lower at all -- in fact, it's gotten higher. I liked this chapter pretty well, just as well as I liked all other 8 chapters.

Please, don't stop writing. This needs to stay open. You still have many fans of this story, including me, and we'll stay and read chapters as they progress. That's just my opinion, though.

-Shawn
    Thanks Shawn, your opinion really means a lot to me! I think - and this may answer some of your questions - that I think I'm writing poorly because, as a writer, I could never be satisfied with my work as it can always be improved. But after making those improvements, it still doesn't seem right and that's when you need other people to read it to find out their opinions and - as I've found out in from posting up most of my chapters - the reader's reaction isn't always what you predict it to be. So maybe I won't be 100% satisfied with it but I'll settle for 80-90% and your much appreciated opinions!

Originally posted by pokeplayer984

This is one great chapter. You captured TR perfectly. And it is nice to see them get away with their schemes every once in a while. It just brings on more suspence. You're doing quite well, keep it up.

Also, we all understand that school is taking up your free time. It's really no big deal.
    Thanks for understanding and I really appreciate your review!

And what Water Master said about the length, yeah I agree it was a bit too short but I have already written 4 pages in Word for Chapter 10 and I haven't finished yet! So that is being made up for.

And thank you Peach for you review! It's really sweet and I'm glad your back! Hope you had a great holiday!

Thanks to everyone once again and for those who haven't posted please review!

I'm always interested in knowing what you think of it and I can officially say that this fic will now continue thanks to the support of my lovely reviewers!

Thanks

A cheerful Water Spirit
    XxX
    Last edited by Water Spirit; 2nd July 2004 at 4:58 PM.

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

omg..i thought this chapter was GREAT!! I agree with what everyone said up there..especially WaterBlaster! You do have an incredible talent and we all are soooooo lucky that you are a pokeshipping. If it isnt for you, I wouldnt be able to read this fic. This story is SOoO not getting worst. Im still interested and theres something about this story that always gets me excited and just going crazy at the end of each chapter. I just have a feeling at the end of each chapter you wrote that makes me all happy..eheh. Im serious!! I will always come back for more until this chapter is finish.

PLEASEEEE dont stop writing this story. If you do, i might not get that happy feeling again ^_^

~*~

AHHHH...you wrote 4 pages already and its not done yet?? ahah..YAY *claps and is smiling BRIGHTLY* haha..I actually did that when I heard. OOO..I CANT WAIT! Please post it soon since I cant wait
    Last edited by xsweet_peax; 2nd July 2004 at 5:10 PM.

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

Wow, Water Spirit. I've just read through your fic and i think that it is excellent! It looks like the AAML hints are starting up now.

How could you say that your fic is getting worse. If anything, it is gradually getting better and better. Remember one thing. Length doesn't matter. It is the quality that counts.

Well, that's all i need to say. Well done ^_^

This chapter was very exellente just like the others. Don't stop now, u got a good fic going on here. I say you are the A & B the C of D! Please hurry and post the next chapter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mightyena Clan Leader is here!!! All hail Moonlusion the Wise! (Mightyenas start to howl and bark in approval)
    Last edited by Moonlusion; 3rd July 2004 at 9:32 AM.

I LOVE this fic! If you closed it I would be very sad. Keep up the great work!

It's okay that you haven't finished Chapter 10 'cause I'm still thinking about my Chapter 3. lol

I am going to have Chapter 1 revised posted by Monday if anyone wants to check it out.
    Fanfic Buddies with the awesome, sweet, and cool Water Spirit! Also, thanks for making my CG acronym!

Well, now that some power hungry admin closed The Boys and Girls Club that was up for 6+ years, I won't be coming here anymore. Send me a msg if you wanna talk, but don't expect a response for a LONG time.

Owner of: The Boys and Girls Club (Click on the banner!)

Hey everyone! Thank you to everyone who has reviewed and I'm glad that you are enjoying it. Just a quick update on progress of Chapter 10, I have already written 7 pages for it in Word, and my longest chapter in this fic has been 7 1/2, and I still haven't finished! There were a couple of places where I could have stopped writing and made another chapter but I have decided to keep it going because otherwise it might drag on to much. So I can assure everyone that the next chapter will be pretty long and I don't expect it to be less that 9 pages in total (that's just an estimation though, it could be more). I definately feel better about this chapter and I hope it will be well worth the wait but your support has helped me a lot and inspired me to keep writing. I will try and get the chapter up either later today or earlier tomorrow.

Hope this is good news to you all but those who have asked for a PM update on chapters, don't worry because I will still send one to you.

And anyone who hasn't reviewed this fic or has an questions/queries to ask, please do! I'm eager to hear what you have to say!

Water Spirit
    XxX

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

I can't wait until chapter 10 is up! I haven't asked you to PM me before, but I am very eager to read the next chapter. If you have the time after PM the millions of other people, please PM me too
    Diamond FC: 0988-8206-8441
    Name: Alex

Shawn1036902 Guest

Wow, that's great!

Sounds like it'll really make up for the length of chapter 9.

Can't wait to read it!

~Shawn

AHHHHHHHHHH!! 7 PAGES??? OMG...IM SO HAPPY!! eheh..I love long chapters cause it just...theres more stuff and yeahh... AHHAHH...I LOVE THIS!! It might even be 9 pages?? OMG...THANK YOU WATER SPIRIT!! I CANT WAIT!! I'll be up here tomorrow looking to see if its posted yet...cant wait!!

ok...calmmm downnn. phewww...sorry but im just so excited ^^. I'll be happy to wait..the longer it is..the better

OO..can I ask you something Water Spirit?? How many chapters do you think you can put up before you go on your vacation??

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast