Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2287

Thread: Fate and Destiny of Friends - AAML

Peach… did you actually draw that because that’s a fantastic picture! Serious! But that... French speech, I have no idea what it's saying but I bet it's something nice. ^^

About your B Day, already sent you a PM concerning that but I’ll wish it for you here as well. Happy B Day. ^^

About your granddad: I sent you a PM concerning that. Condolences to you and your family. Because of your hard work with this fic, your a-levels and everything, I think that he is very, VERY, proud of you and that includes what you plan to do in future. And, oi, keep your chin up and keep up the good work.

I'm so sorry that I haven't had time to read your fics yet! I'm dying to read some of them and I might read some of them as a birthday treat to myself
    Don’t stress yourself out, sweetheart. You’ll be pretty shocked to see how many fics I have written.

See ya then.

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Default My dear friends...

My dearest friends, readers and reviewers,

I must first apologise for the lack of update but I'm afraid a lot has happened since I last posted. The chapter is well underway and will be divided into two chapters considering the outrageous length it would be as one. I will still dedicate my chapter to my grandad but I have not been able to post it on the day of his funeral. Regardless, I would rather it be of the highest possible standard than rushed and of poor quality to meet a deadline.

Thank you so very much for all the birthday wishes and I will reply to all of your posts very soon. This is more of an informing post rather than a detailed response.

Firstly, the day before my birthday, a very special day for many other reason, left me sick in bed with the notorious and violent vomitting bug that has been contagiously moving around the region and it took me a few days after to recover properly, so unfortunately I was not in the best of states for my 18th. Regardless, I enjoyed myself and went out for a lovely meal in the evening to celebrate.

Next, I have now received all my responses from my universities and now need to make a decision on my final choice and reserve. I've been attending open days for further insight into the English courses and have a good idea of the two that I am going to narrow it down to.

Progession on the chapter has been splendid and I have thoroughly enjoyed writing the scenes between Misty and Wallace. A new character is briefly introduced though she is not left much time to speculate on just yet. Poor, poor Ash...

Anyway... Hopefully I will get it up before half term because I am making good pace with it and I'm enjoying the distraction from my coursework. XD

Finally, a very dear and very close friend of mine, who might I add is a little too intelligent for his own good XD, has received some disappointing news that he assures me he is fine about. I can't help but feel his pain and I know him to well to know that he is covering his true feelings, so I feel unsure as to what to say to him to make him feel better. I hope that he knows that no matter what happens, I know in my heart that he WILL become his dream.

Which is why, I suppose, I wrote these lyrics for FADOF about dreams, friendship and love as maybe the end credits and I want to dedicate it to him parce que je sais dans mon coeur, il est destinee pour le mieux:

Once upon a time you said to me,
    That you wouldn't stop until you reached your dream,
    You saw my smile and my eyes danced with belief,
    And your determination ceased to bring you relief,
    You travelled through the mazes of the lands,
    To reach your goals and your plans,
    As we've stood together side by side,
    To release this magic hidden inside.

(Chorus)
    As the wind catched the ripples of the waves,
    As the melody of my heart dances to your ears,
    As the sand meets the sea,
    As we stand, you and me,
    We'll fulfil our dreams together,
    And break the barriers of the world.

Even when the sky delievers a cloudy day,
    Where the shadows throw your cares away,
    If ever you need a helping hand,
    You know I'll be there, by you I'll stand,
    When you feel the rain fall down on you,
    And your tears fall down upon the truth,
    Don't shrug your shoulders and say that it's OK,
    I'll be the one to bring you a sunny day.

(Chorus)

Once you've reached the top of the mountain,
    There is no way but down and doubting,
    Whether inside really is that spark of talent,
    That is driven on by the spurs of your ballard,
    Your song becomes a whisper, a faint gentle breeze,
    And I know that I will use my gentle way to please,
    As I know that when I look into your eyes,
    There is that burning ambition that you can't disguise.

(Chorus)

The obstacles may seem bleak but your courage lies within,
    These blockades only test your endurance to win,
    So stand up tall and take pride in what you have achieved,
    For there is no one who in you does not believe,
    That you will swell with pride to reach your goal,
    For that is what fate and destiny have entold,
    Everything happens for a reason and what will be will be,
    So remember to always be happy, take the good with the bad, just like you and me.

~ Water Spirit

My best wishes and faith are always with you. <3

OK, there we go, I'll try and update again soon.

Take care everyone and see ya soon!

Love

WS
    XxX
    Last edited by Water Spirit; 8th February 2007 at 10:19 PM.

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Regardless, I would rather it be of the highest possible standard than rushed and of poor quality to meet a deadline.
    Of course you do. Take your time, sweetheart. No one wants to see a fic equivalent to a train wreck.

Firstly, the day before my birthday, a very special day for many other reason, left me sick in bed with the notorious and violent vomitting bug that has been contagiously moving around the region and it took me a few days after to recover properly, so unfortunately I was not in the best of states for my 18th. Regardless, I enjoyed myself and went out for a lovely meal in the evening to celebrate.
    Around the region? Don’t you mean some sort of flu? Either way, that sounds pretty nasty and I hope, HOPE, that I don’t catch that cos they always add to the stress.

Next, I have now received all my responses from my universities and now need to make a decision on my final choice and reserve. I've been attending open days for further insight into the English courses and have a good idea of the two that I am going to narrow it down to.
    I hope you pick a good university. I bet with your devotion to your a-levels and smarts, I bet you can get into any uni. *Mutters to self*

And the lyrics... you wrote them by yourself? Did you borrow a tune/music from a song or did you make it up? I find the lyrics quite inspiring, and if we have the right music and singer, you could have a no.1 single. ^^ Also, I wish your friend good luck.

PS: Keep up the good work, look forward to it.
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 9th February 2007 at 2:56 PM.

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Well, I am glad that you had a good dinner on your birthday, I enjoyed my birthday which was on Wednedsay...anyway, I hope you feel better!

Also, Im in French III, so I can understand what you say.

"Because I know in my heart, his (or 'it is') destiny is for the better" I think thats right? is it?

Aww how sweet! I hope your friend achieves his dreams too =] Good luck with choosing universities, I'm lucky that I don't have to deal with that for two more years *sophomore*! Lol Good luck with posting and I'm sorry you were sick on your 18th.
    And MistyLover I love your Matilda quote ^^
    If you wouldn't mind, WS, could you tell us what universities are your decisions, yuou don't have to tho lol :-D
    WHat I am nerveracking about is that I just took the FCAT Writes exam where we had to write for like 45 minutes and take grammar examinations. My AP Spanish exam is also coming up so I'm really nervous lol exams motnhs = Jan, Feb, and May
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

Aquaflowr is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wow...this fic is absolutely amazing. I can't believe the astounding quality of it. You do remarkable work and I can't wait to see more. I love the lyrics too. Please put me on the PM list.

Sorry you were sick on your birthday and good luck luck in whichever university you choose. About your grandfather's death, I'm really sorry. I've got a couple of songs that might help. The first one my friend says really made her feel better when her father died and the second was written in honor of a friend who died.

Weep No More

Piano Introduction

Shed no tear

O' shed no tear

The flowr will bloom another year

Shed no tear

O' shed no tear

The flowr will bloom another year

Shed no tear

Shed no tear

Piano interlude

Weep no more, O' weep no more, O' weep no more

Dry your eyes, O' dry your eyes, for I was taught in paradise

Dry your eyes, O'dry your eyes, for I was taught in paradise
    Dry your eyes, O' dry your eyes, for I was taught in paradise

To ease my breast of melodies

To ease my breast of melodies

Piano ending

Softly, As I Leave You

Softly

I will leave you softly

For my heart would break

If you should wake

And see me gone

So I'll leave you softly

Long before you've missed me

Long before your arms

Can make me stay

For one more hour

For one more day

After all the years

I can't bear the tears

To fall so softly

As I leave you now

As I leave you now

As I leave you oo oo oo oo
    Softly, long before you've missed me

oo oo oo
    Long before your arms, can make me stay

oo oo
    For one more hour, for one more day

Softly

All the years

I can't bear the tears

To fall so softly

As I leave you now As I leave you now
    As I leave you I leave you now I leave you now
    As I leave you now I leave you now

I leave you now

They're a lot prettier when you can actually hear them. I hope you're not too upset with me for this, 'cause I know you asked us not to talk about it. I normally would respect your wishes, but this time I felt really compelled to post these songs, so I hope you understand and forgive me.

`Aquaflowr
    +Proud Pokeshipper+
    "Two Lovers...one torn away by his dreams, the other, torn away by her duty...the universe weeps for them."- Chaos Emperer
    Banner credit to MistyMix89

Okay, just wanna get a few things straight.

So, Misty has been hearing the Lapras...why do I think that there is gonna be a death?!?! I think she will sadly, die. Anyways, for anyone who does not know what "Tu Amor" (The famous quote in this fic) means, it is...

My Love.

You told me that this chapter would be up two weeks ago...*sigh* that doesnt matter?

ALSO, for anyone who says the mods will close this thread, thats NOT gonna happen. Mainly because the mods are not stupid and know not to close the biggest Pokemon fic in history. They would just delete the posts...............

I'm afraid this post will not contain good news.

I'm afraid to say that my past three weeks have not been happy ones and as a result, I have not been able to bring Chapter 30 to a definitive close.

Call them excuses if you want but I'm afraid that both physically and emotionally, I have not been able to face the impending chapter.

A Guide to the Past Few Weeks of Water Spirit's Life

Two days before I was due to finish the chapter, I noticed that I still had a white mark on my tonsil from tonsilitis the week before, so I went to the doctor to have them checked. I have had glandular fever before so I am prone to have reoccuring symptoms but I had only been diagnosed with tonsilitis because my glands hadn't swelled.

The doctor said that it was most likely residue left behind from the infection (gross) and that it would disappear within a couple of days. That day, I'd also been left at home alone for the week and looking after my sister while my parents were away, so I had to run the house, keep on top of my homework and every other problem that arises.

On the Sunday that I was planning to finish my chapter, I went out to the cinema for a treat and came back to find my beloved bunny on her back and not moving. I phoned our local vet, which was closed so I was redirected to a Vet Clinic miles away from where I live and had to rush her there because obviously, there was no one else to take her. (Yes, I can drive). When we took her to the vet's, they said that she should be fine with some perscribed medication but then her breathing went even shallower and she died moments later. Naturally, I was horrified by what had happened because there had been no indication of ill health and I had been very close to her.

I took it badly and ended up having to bury her myself because my parents weren't around and resulted in my glands swelling up and having another dose of tonsilitis with, what I still think I have, glandular fever.

So for the rest of the week, I hadn't been feeling at all well and still had to keep house and try to get my work done, whilst trying to keep my mind on other things. By the end of the week, I felt happier and had managed to stay on top of everything by the time my parents had returned, though my glandular fever is still lurking.

In this time, I've also got a weekend job at Millie's Cookies if you've ever heard of it, or if you haven't, the website is here if you're interested: www.milliescookies.com

This means that one of my weekend days is knocked out, which means that my homework/coursework etc. takes priority on the other day.

Last week was also hectic because our tutor group had been told that we had to prepare an assembly by the end of the week and so I was appointed in charge of it and a lot of my spare time has been taken up by that. The only remaining time I've had left has also been devoted to rehersals for a Gymnastics and Dance display at my college/school where I'm doing a performance with my sister and the display is on Thurs/Fri.

I am also running the Shipping Oscars, which I've promised to have up and ready for voting by the end of the week but I will hopefully be able to finish the chapter in time to also be up by the end of the week/beginning of next week.

I hope you can understand how hectic my life has been atm and my coursework demands are not helping either, since I have three pieces that need to be submitted by Easter (1 for English and 2 for French), so that also needs my care and attention.

If I can not get the chapter up by the end of the week/beginning of next week, I promise that I will have Chapter 31 up and ready by the end of the Easter holidays. I'm going to Japan for the first week, so I'll make my plans and start writing it then (when I'm not obviously site-seeing and possibly a slight bit of studying for my Finals) and finish it asap. I know what I want to write in it, it's just a time issue.

Anyway, hope you're all well and a huge welcome to all new readers and thank you all for your comments! I only wish I had the time to reply to them all atm.

Take care!

WS
    XxX

Edit: Oh, and MistyLover, Tu Amor in Latin means 'You' and 'Love' (Noun). The quote is 'Te amo' which means 'I love you' (Verb+Accusitive). I'm very sorry if my personal issues disappoint you but I'm not sure what else I can do, I'm afraid. And please don't tempt Fate with a mod closing this thread. I thought my story might have delievered that moral already. XD Interesting theory about a death...
    Last edited by Water Spirit; 12th March 2007 at 11:04 PM.

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Woah, what happened to you all this time is horrible.Don't worry. Just one of those is a good enought reason for not completing the chapter yet. Let me be the first to say take your time and finish the chapter when you feel like it. You deserve every single moment of relaxation.I'll be patiently waiting for your next update, Water Spirit!
    A member of the Naruto Club v2, Charizard Clan Club V.2, Wolf Lovers Club, Japanese Language Club,
    and the Rioru and Lucario Fan Club.

This awesome demon is my Bishie ^_^

Bishie: Chrno from Chrno Crusade
    Song: Battle Frontier from Pokemon Sung by: Akina Tayaka

"It's strange how 'Common Sense' isn't common anymore." - Me (Hitokage :3)

Default Here I am, finally

Hello Water Spirit! The name's The Talking Absol, even though it says Forbidden Lugia. (I changed my mind, like, right after I put it in. XD But you can call me either/or.)

All I have to say is that I simply love your story! You truly introduced me to the wonderfull world of Pokeshipping! I never realized what a cute couple Ash and Misty made until reading this. You are so elaborate and excellent at weaving this story through your hands like a peice of cloth and a needle that makes a beautiful design, as your story has turned out to be!

Karen: Yeah, she keeps going back and reading the "Undewater Kiss" scene again, the perv...
    *whacks with rolled-up newspaper* Shut up! There's nothing wrong with enjoying love! (that sounded wrong...o.O)

ZOMG You had better not turn this into an Advanceshipping flick! Not that I'd really have a problem with it, but "certain others" might...

Ack. I really hate life sometimes. But, we all live on a roller coaster, right? I'm sorry about your bunny. ;.; I had to bury a wild bunny once, but that's a funny story and not appropriate right now. And I certainly hope your feel better! I've been getting over the same cold for THREE HECTIC WEEKS. GYA!!!

Nayways, I wish you the best of luck with life!

(BTW, you don't have to add me to the PM list. I have this story in my Fav's, and check it at least twice a week. ...OCD!! OCD!!! XDXD)

~The Talking Absol, over and out~
    I guess this is a signature

TSV is 3646, please PM to discuss trading, although I'll be happy to help as best I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Powell
    Aquaflower, you've posted the same pst three times. Can you (or any mod) delete the last two. You don't want to this thread to close do you? (Please no!)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX
    Yes Aquaflowr please delete the last two!! If a mod sees it, they may honestly close the hard worked thread!!
    Guys, quit mini-modding. I'm not gonna close the thread just because *some* people may spam. >>; Do you know how much spam has been deleted thus far? 35. So, please. If you see spam, report it. From now on, I'm cracking down on the minimods. Thx. Keep it on topic and spam free.
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 13th March 2007 at 3:45 AM.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Hi everyone! What all have I missed since I was...*reads WS's most recent post* Oh...poor Water Spirit. And I thought I had it bad...guess being a high school freshman pales in comparison...
    I'm terribly sorry for all this trouble you're going through. You go ahead and take your time with finishing the next chapter. With all that work and difficulty in your life, I agree with Hitokage in saying you need every moment of relaxation you can get. I, too, will be waiting patiently for chapter 30, WS.

Best of luck with your life!

-Eragon
    Name: Brett
    FC: 2492-0613-4491

Thanks to shinylatios for the Trainer Card!

Thanks to shinylatios, a.k.a ~*Ratiosu*~, for the banner!

Default OMG, what have I done now? (Part 1)

I've finished Chapter 30 that's what!!! HA!! FINALLY after months of bity writing, it's finished at last! Oh, I really hope it's worthy of your reading! I'm so worried that you guys won't like it or will be disappointed because I really don't think it's my best. I've noticed that my writing style has changed slightly as I've (hopefully) matured in my writing over the past year.

This chapter is dedicated to both my late Grandad and late rabbit, Shania. May you both R.I.P. with harmony, love and happy memories.

As a summary of it, the mysteries have deepened and are most likely to confuse you and above all, make you think. I will be over the moon if someone spots something special described in the chapter. If you don't, then I must have failed as a writer or not made it obvious enough. XD And I guess I'm also probably going to get shot at by many of you as to where my loyalties truly lie....

ANYWAY! I will not delay you any further! I present to you: the much anticipated, over-rated, long debated, head-ache provoking.... CHAPTER 30!!!! Enjoy!

Chapter 30 – The Quest Begins…

The sun filtered through the open windows as a soft breeze gently danced with the curtains of the room. The echo of the waves softly lapping up against the shores flowed calmly around the bedroom as Misty peacefully dozed in dreamless sleep in her room back at the hotel. Brock quietly closed the door after checking up on her and joined the others around the breakfast table and sofas.

“She’s still sleeping.” He assured them as they all looked towards him for news of her condition.

“She’s been sleeping for over a day now.” May asked worriedly. “Shouldn’t we wake her up?”

Professor Oak shook his head and took a sip of his tea.

“We are unaware of the ordeals that she has been through over the last two days.” He replied matter of factly. “Waking her up now could be the worse thing to do – especially if she is sleep deprived or she has witnessed things that need to dissolve with the aid of sleep.”

Ash remained silent on a chair at the breakfast table with Pikachu watching him. He stared into his mug thoughtfully, contemplating the situation and its consequences.

“Ash?” May asked beside him. “Are you all right?”

He looked up at her and smiled.

“I’m fine.” He replied and took a sip of his drink. “I’m just worried about Misty.”

May half smiled and looked down into her own cup. Psyduck waddled passed them and circled the table, appearing to be looking for something.

“What’s it looking for?” Max observed and straightened his glasses.

Psyduck looked up at him clueless and gave a peace sign before waddling towards Misty’s room.

“No! Psyduck!” May cried out and quickly grabbed the Pokemon around the middle before leading it back to the middle of the room. “Misty needs her rest, we can’t disturb her.”

She pulled a pokeball from her bag and released a small pink Pokemon that resembled a cat.

“Here, why don’t you play with Skitty for a while?” She asked it kindly and let down the duck Pokemon in front of the small creature.

Skitty cried out happily and began running round the room with Psyduck in full gleeful pursuit. The group watched the pair distractedly and smiled at the content scene. Their thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door, where Max walked over and opened it to reveal Wallace standing in the doorway, holding a magnificent bunch of red roses.

“My most humble regards to Misty’s health.” He explained and bowed profoundly.

Brock turned on the kettle as he asked Wallace if he wanted sugar in his tea as he sat down on the sofa next to Professor Oak.

“Is there any more news on her condition?” Wallace asked politely.

Professor Oak shook his head and explained that Misty had been asleep for over a day but they didn’t want to interrupt her slumber in case she had faced horrors that she would rather loose in sleep. Wallace nodded his understanding and gratefully accepted the tea Brock had made for him. He quietly sipped it while surveying the group, observing how Ash was in deep concentration at the breakfast table with May and Pikachu watching him with concern, to Delia involving Max and Brock in a conversation about their respected gyms.

“Perhaps, a little outing would do you all good.” Wallace stated knowingly and took another sip of his drink. “It would do you all good to clear your heads of the previous events.”

“We could go and get some supplies.” Delia proposed cautiously. “I’ll make everyone a special treat!”

She clasped her hands together at the thought of her idea as Max jumped up and down in front of her with pronounced, excited eyes, pleading for her to make her famous chocolate brownies. Brock also appeared to be mesmerised by the idea; nominating himself to be her personal assistant as Professor Oak lifted himself from the sofa in agreement with the plan.

“C’mon May! Mrs Ketchum said she would make you a treat too!” Max exclaimed excitedly and tried to pull his sister off her chair.

She fought to get her arm back and explained that she would rather stay with Ash to keep an eye on Misty.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, May.” Wallace interrupted her calmly. “Both Ash and you should go out for a while and get some fresh air. I will gladly keep an eye on Misty in your absence.”

Max nodded in agreement and grabbed his sister’s arm again.

“See, May? It’s fine! We won’t be gone long anyway, so you can come too, Ash.”

Ash shook his head determinedly and took a sip of his drink.

“I’m gonna stay here with Wallace in case Misty wakes up.” He replied as Pikachu hopped playfully onto his shoulder.

Wallace watched him carefully as he sipped his tea.

“I assure you that Misty will be more than safe under my surveillance whilst you step outside for some fresh air.” Wallace assured him calmly but firmly.

Ash nodded gratefully and smiled.

“I know but I really want to be there when she wakes up.”

Wallace glared at him sternly before bowing and indulging in conversation with Professor Oak. Max tugged on his sister’s arm to encourage her to follow as May continued to protest.

“Really, I don’t mind staying!” May assured her brother but Ash insisted that she go.

She turned to face him in surprise as Max jumped up and down, trying to steal away her bandana.

“But Ash, I really want to stay with you and Misty.” She pleaded feebly and looked up desperately into his eyes.

Ash blinked unsurely but smiled at her reassuringly as he stood up from his chair to face her properly.

“You’ll have a great time and it’ll do you some good to get out and distract your mind. And like Max said, you won’t be gone too long.”

“Come on, May!” Max shouted from the doorway as Mrs Ketchum, Brock and Professor Oak walked passed him.

May ignored him and continued to look at Ash with pleading eyes. She stood in front of him with her hands clasped by her chest as Pikachu jumped down from Ash’s shoulder and bounded over to Wallace, who petted it affectionately as it leapt on to the sofa beside him. Ash watched his friend go and then turned his gaze back to May. Her cropped hair seemed to fall more gracefully above her shoulders and soften her already delicate features. She kindly smiled at him and took a step closer.

“Please, Ash.” She began politely. “Can I stay with you? I want to keep an eye on Misty too…”

“MAY!” Max shouted loudly and caused them both to jump.

He marched towards her, grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the door. In a panic, she grabbed hold of Ash’s wrist and too him by surprise as he too, was drawn across the room. She held on to the doorframe to prevent Max’s persistence so that she could talk to Ash.

“Just… just be careful, OK?” She asked him sheepishly.

Ash watched her perplexed and she bowed her head from his gaze.

“Is something wrong, May?” He asked her curiously.

“I’ve just got a bad-”

“Ha! Gotcha bandana!” Max yelled victoriously as he ran down the corridor with it, laughing at May’s attempts to follow him in full pursuit.

Ash watched them disappear out of sight with confusion at May’s unfinished sentence and turned around to see Wallace averting his gaze away from the scene. He beckoned Ash towards him without making eye contact and indicated that he wished Ash to sit next to him on the sofa. The teenager’s face expressed his further confusion as he moved across the room and obeyed Wallace’s gesture by sitting down on the pale blue sofa. He contently observed how he was tickling Pikachu’s stomach as the satisfied Pokemon began to fall into a pleasant slumber.

“I have a plan concerning Misty.” Wallace stated and continued to sooth Pikachu. “I have thought of a way that could perhaps reveal what happened to Misty before she collapsed. I’m sure you’re eager to know what has caused her so much distress…”

“But how…?” Ash questioned after nodding eagerly to find out about his friend’s excursion.

Wallace set down his cup on to the coffee table and moved closer to Ash.

“I need you to go down to reception and retrieve me several towels, soap, some cotton and a needle…” Wallace replied in almost a whisper.

Ash looked alarmed and incredibly confused.

“Errr… what do you need all those for?” He asked perplexed.

“They are all needed for the ritual I will perform to release her memories.” Wallace explained and bowed slightly.

Ash nodded his understanding but still expressed his uncertainty.

“It won’t… it won’t hurt her, will it?”

Wallace shook his head and assured him that no harm would befall Misty in the process. As Ash questioned Wallace whether he could perform genuine magic, Wallace’s eyes gleamed with mystery. Ash’s features lit up with hope as Wallace assured him that he would watch over Misty while he quickly disappeared. Ash stood up determinedly and clenched his fist.

“All right, Pikachu! Let’s get that stuff to help Misty!”

The bounding of his friend to the familiar perch of his shoulder didn’t arrive and he looked down at the sofa to see Pikachu flat on its back, softly snoring. Ash chuckled quietly, ruffled his sleeping friend’s fur and assured Wallace that he would be as quick as he could.

“Take your time.” Wallace insisted as Ash closed the front door behind him.

Wallace abruptly stood to his feet as soon as the door clicked shut and swiftly moved towards Misty’s room. He carefully opened the door as the peaceful atmosphere floated towards him, with Misty dozing serenely in her bottom bunk bed. Wallace silently moved beside her and knelt by her sleeping form as he closed his eyes and allowed his hands to hover above her body. He guided them over the length of her body, still allowing them to hover, as his fingertips emitted a misty white light.

Puella aquae, te ruo!” He exclaimed and opened his eyes at the last words.

Misty suddenly gasped and opened her eyes instantly, turning in her covers and jumping at the sight of Wallace kneeling calmly beside her.

“What… what’s going on?” She asked fearfully and slightly subdued.

Wallace sat on the edge of her bed as she curled her knees towards her.

“I have very little time to explain but you must trust me.” He instructed firmly. “You’ve been having dreamless sleep for the last day or so because I put you under a spell so that you wouldn’t be tormented by what has happened to you.”

Misty edged further away from him as her back pressed up against the headboard.

“You put me under a spell?” She exclaimed suddenly, looking alarmed and then blushed. “You made me collapse on Ash?!”

Wallace shook his head with a grin.

“Oh no, you collapsed from your own exhaustion. I merely put the spell on you to seal your sleep.”

“So that means… you can do magic?” Misty asked in confusion, holding her sleepy head.

Wallace eyes glistened as he nodded.

“As well as my family’s history with art, we also have a descendant line of particular magic. Nothing complicated or elaborate, just the odd ancient spells but you must listen to me carefully, Misty.” His tone changed – once again speaking firmly and gently taking hold of Misty’s hand. “There is more to the legend than what the Shiny Lapras explained to you.”

Misty looked at him in alarm.

“How do you know about that?” She asked him fearfully.

Something from the Shiny Lapras’s words echoed in her head.

You both fit the story perfectly, this is why both Wallace and myself understood that you two were the ones…

“You’ve met the Shiny Lapras, haven’t you?” Misty questioned as she put the pieces together.

Wallace nodded and urged her to change and be ready to follow him if she wanted to find out more, once again reminding her of the little time they had. Misty looked down under the covers to see that she was wearing a similar set of pyjamas to the ones she wore at the Pokemon Centre – a white strapped top and cropped trousers. She nodded determinedly at Wallace’s proposal and confirmed that she would meet him outside her room after she had changed. She quickly discarded her nightwear and put on her familiar butter milk outfit as she fastened the bright blue button over her garnet top. Instinctively, she made her bed and opened the bedroom door to see Wallace leaning back against the frame. He looked down at her and smiled.

“Hurry, we must move quickly.” He said kindly and took hold of her hand as he led her towards the front door.

Misty followed unsurely and came to a halt at the sight of Pikachu on the sofa.

“It’s all right, I put it under a sleep spell too, though only one that will last for about half an hour.” Wallace reassured her as her expression portrayed her concern.

He pulled on her hand once more but she still seemed to resist, watching Wallace uncertainly.

“What’s the matter?” He asked.

“I…”

Wallace did not find out all of the legend that has now been classified as a prophecy as it was said that the occurring events would happen twice.

“The Shiny Lapras told me that you did not find out all of the legend so…”

Wallace grinned at her.

“Until now...” He said mysteriously, his eyes gleaming.

Misty looked surprised as Wallace beckoned her to once again follow. She glanced at Pikachu softly snoring on its back once more before directing her determined gaze back at Wallace and nodded as she followed him out of the door. Wallace took hold of her hand again and quickened their pace down the corridor towards the elevators. He stopped abruptly to see one stationary on the floor below and the other stopped on the ground floor. His eyes widened and he quickly pushed the button to go down as the lift on the ground floor began to rise. A chime sounded to indicate the elevator’s arrival from the floor below and Wallace rapidly ushered Misty into the lift as its parallel drew closer to their level.

“So where are we going?” Misty asked Wallace as the doors closed and they began to descend.

Ash balanced the supplies Wallace had requested in his arms as the doors of the elevator opened on to his floor. He fumbled blindly with the key card to try and open the door and successfully did so as he grinned at the thought of helping Misty. He closed the door with his foot and set down the equipment on the kitchen table. He wiped his brow and looked at the sofa expectantly to see Wallace but saw Pikachu asleep and frowned.

“Hey, Wallace! You here?” He called unsurely and listened to the gentle breeze seeping through the window.

He put his hands on his hips and deepened his frown. He moved over towards Pikachu and shook his friend gently to try and get him to wake up but the little Pokemon only yawned and turned on its side. Misty’s bedroom door was slightly open. Ash observed it carefully and slowly approached it. He opened the door quietly and his eyes widened at the sight he saw.

“Pikachu! PIKACHU!” Ash shouted loudly and began shaking his companion.

“Pi…?” The little electric rat replied sleepily, its eyes still closed.

“Where’s Wallace and Misty? Do you know where they are?” Its master asked desperately.

“Ash?” A voice asked unsurely from the front door.

He looked up immediately and saw May standing with her arms folded unsurely.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“May, Wallace and Misty are gone! I left them here because Wallace wanted me to get him some stuff to help find out what’s happened to Misty!” He explained and motioned to the breakfast table. “Please May, we need to find them! Misty isn’t well and we need to find her!”

May looked surprised as Ash desperately held her by the shoulders and began shaking her in panic.

“Ash, she’ll be fine. We’ll find her, don’t worry.” She reassured him confidently. “I’ve never seen you panic like this before…”

Ash realised that he still had his hands on May’s shoulders and abruptly moved them back to his sides. He looked down at the floor so that his cap covered his face and clenched his fist tightly.

“I just…” He began but couldn’t finish. “Why are you back so early without the others?” He asked agitatedly and looked up at her.

Pikachu continued to snore softly on its back and grunted as it turned on its side.

“I convinced the others that I should stay with you and Wallace.” She explained and smiled at him. “And it’s obviously a good job I did, so let’s go find Misty and Wallace.”

“I warn you now that you will not find all of your answers at this location.” Wallace explained as he and Misty ran down the cobbled streets.

He continued to lead her by the hand as they passed the fountain near the restaurant Misty had been to with Brendan and took her down an opposing alley.

“My family has been interested in the ancient mythology of people and Pokemon and after I discovered the legend of the Mermaid and the Prince, my desire to uncover its mysteries grew.” He continued to explain as he directed her down another alley. “I discovered so much about it and expressed my love and ambitions for the legend in some of my paintings. Only yesterday did I receive greater inspiration and made a breath-taking discovery that would leave any researcher in awe. Though as part of my promise, I cannot share this information publicly unless it is given to those concerned and to those who may stumble upon the legend and its stories.”

“Your… promise?” Misty panted as he led her down another cobbled road. “Why am I so special to all of this?”

Wallace stopped abruptly and Misty took the chance to catch her breath. As she stood up to take in her surroundings, she realised that she was now in an unfamiliar part of the island, though it was apparent that it was well-known to the locals.

“This is the deepest part of town that only the local residents and certain individuals are aware of.” Wallace clarified. “It’s not open or even made aware to the tourists.”

The humble square consisted of numerous little shops, each apparently a self-made business such as a bakers, a cake shop, a few quaintly scattered cafes, a small tailors and clothes shop, a grocers, and dozens of little terrace houses. Wallace beckoned Misty up the street towards a large stone building that appeared to have been renovated in order to support the crumbling old bricks. Above the wooden door was a matching old engraved sign, which had unfortunately faded so that Misty could only read ‘Lib…y’.

Wallace jumped up the three stone steps towards the door and ducked down as he pushed it open and walked inside. Completely perplexed, Misty followed him in.

“Now, Misty, I finally want to show you this...” He stated with a strong depth in his voice as he closed the door behind her to leave them in total darkness.

“Where could they be?” Ash exclaimed through gritted teeth as he ran up and down the streets with May.

Pikachu dozed in Ash’s open backpack as May gazed at it while Ash stopped in front of her.

“It’s a shame we can’t get in contact with the others to let them know what’s happened.” May remarked downheartedly.

Ash gazed round the familiar cobbled streets and sat down on the side of the water fountain, opposite the restaurant he has visited with Macey. He took off his backpack and looked down at Pikachu, curled up in a ball and twitching its ears occasionally in its slumber. May let out an exasperated sigh and heavily sat down next to Ash.

“I wonder why Pikachu won’t wake up?” May pondered out loud.

“I bet it has something to do with Wallace.” Ash replied bitterly as he played with Pikachu’s ears.

May watched his reaction with sympathy and looked up at the darkening clouds above. She felt Ash shift beside her and as she directed her gaze to him, she was shocked to see her friend attempting to restrain a struggling Pikachu, who seemed desperate to get away. May attempted to help hold the distressed creature but it wriggled free from Ash’s grasp and resulted in knocking him back into May and falling into the fountain. Ash gasped from the chill of the water and caught sight of Pikachu bounding up an alley.

“Pikachu! Wait!” He cried desperately after his Pokemon and looked around to see a trail of bubbles emitting from his backside.

Confused, he watched them intensified and realised that he was sitting on May’s chest and immediately jumped off her as she gasped for air.

“What are you trying to do? Kill me!” She struggled to say.

Ash grabbed hold of her wrist and dragged her out of the fountain before she could continue her rant.

“Come on! We’ve got to follow Pikachu!” He shouted as they ran up the alley and watched the swift Pokemon dart round a corner.

Wallace lit a lantern hanging from the wall that shone a dim glow over the extraordinarily large room. Misty looked around uneasily as Wallace lit another flame torch to see a maze of tall bookshelves towering to the ceiling. Misty watched the flames danced over them in awe and jumped as a petite old woman dressed in a long flowing gown covered by a baggy shawl appeared behind her.

“I remember her hair being longer when I saw her last.” The old woman croaked to Wallace as she poked Misty’s side. “And with a tail instead of these gangly legs.”

Wallace chucked and introduced the old lady as ‘a good friend of the family’ called Augera. Augera surveyed Misty’s once again with her beady eye, shrugged and pointed through a bookcase before she made her way out of the front door. Wallace urged a reluctant Misty in the given direction and weaved his way in and out of the maze whist holding Misty by the wrist. He stood before a bookcase covering a stone wall and began fumbling with the books, picking them out and replacing them. Misty watched him uneasily and began to back away.

“Wallace, what’s going on and why have you brought me here?” She asked him in a panic and tried to remember which way he had led her through the maze.

Wallace sighed and turned around to face her with sincerity.

“What was the Pokemon you wanted above all as a child?” Wallace questioned her as if they were in mid conversation.

She watched him with perplexity as she folded her arms defensively.

“A Vaporeon, why?”

Wallace turned back to the bookcase and began searching again. He grinned as he saw a small blue book near the bottom shelf labelled ‘Misconceptions of Vaporeons’ and pulled it. He backed away as something behind the case clicked and the bookshelf moved away to reveal a dark underground tunnel. Wallace took a match and lit one of the open torches fitted on the wall.

“Is it not amusing that you favourite Pokemon is that which is frequently mistaken to be a mermaid?” He asked her with a grin and turned to face her. “Ladies, first.” He said politely to Misty and bowed to let her determinedly walk passed him and descended down the stone steps.

Pikachu sniffed the cobbles in front of it and bounded off down the alley once more. Ash and May stopped briefly to catch their breath as they watched the Pokemon dart down the alley towards a quaint square. They walked towards it in awe and watched the bustling street life, surrounded by old fashioned shops and boutiques. Ash marvelled at the secrecy of the town until he realised that Pikachu was bounding up the cobbled streets.

“Hey! Pikachu, wait up!” He yelled as he dodged a man carrying a crate of apples.

“Ash, wait for me!” May cried out as she attempted to follow him.

Pikachu stopped outside a large renovated old building where a plump old woman was sitting on the steps. She looked down at the Pokemon barking at her and grinned mischieviously.

“Yes, I know you, too.” She whispered to the agitated Pokemon.

She looked up to see two young teenagers running towards her and her eyes widened as they approached her.

“The Prince…” She whispered as they stopped before her and the boy picked up Pikachu.

Ash directed his gaze to the woman starring at him and looked perplexed. She erased her facial feature and nodded her awareness of them, before quietly whispering into her cupped hands and throwing it up into the breeze. She then glared at May.

“You shouldn’t be here.” She said to her darkly.

“Excuse me?” May replied in confusion. “Do I know you?”

The woman laughed.

“Umm… I don’t suppose you’ve seen a girl with red hair around here have you?” Ash asked whilst trying to restrain Pikachu.

The woman closed her eyes and chuckled.

“You’re looking for the mermaid…” She replied mysteriously.

May and Ash focused on her with suspicion. She continued to remain motionless on the step as if in deep meditation. Pikachu broke free from Ash’s loosening grasp and leapt at the woman with its teeth bared. It froze in mid air, in front of the old woman’s nose, surrounded by a blue aura. The two friends gasped as they watched the scene and the blue aura placed Pikachu on the ground in front of the woman, though it remained motionless. The light faded and Pikachu remained panting below the cobbled step, glaring up at the lady, whose eyes were closed.

“It is amusing how you have no idea of what is going on and it is likely, that you will never find out unless…” The woman’s piercing eyes shot through Ash. “she tells you…”

Pikachu bounded over to Ash and began tugging on the cuff of its master’s jeans. Ash and May looked down at it curiously as it yelled for them to follow it. When they looked up at the stone step, the old woman had disappeared. Feeling uneasy, they quickly followed the agitated Pokemon into the dark building.

Wallace and Misty progressed down the tunnel as they followed the glow of Wallace’s flame torch. Misty traced her hand down the side of the damp stone wall and cautiously made her way down the slippery steps. She could hear the drips of water further ahead and Wallace stopped at the base level to help her down. She looked around in amazement at an underground chamber, where around the sides were collapsing bookcases, filled with scrolls and other aging documents. Directly in front of them, Wallace held the torch higher to reveal a murky green pool, whose still surface was broken by the gentle trickling of falling water from a stalitite.

“This was a room that the old palace used as a cellar.” Wallace explained as he moved towards a rotting table near the book cases and lit the candles. “I miraculously found it yesterday after I received a call from my dear old friend after explaining that I was deeply intent on discovering the mysteries of the legend. She can even recall to me the events that happened so clearly, as she has been guarding this place for centuries.”

“Centuries?” Misty asked perplexed.

Wallace’s eyes gleamed with mystery.

“That pool over there links to the ocean by a tunnel and the temperature of the water was used to keep the contents in here cool.” He continued. “The Prince, who was mentioned in the legend, lived in the castle on this island, though his other home was a place, in Latin, called oppidum caeruli in the region now known as Kanto. He often spent his summers here and his winters training in the home of his birth.”

“I’ve never heard that name before.” Misty pondered thoughtfully and sat down on a rock next to the pool of water, her legs tucked behind her.

Wallace stared at her in awe for a moment and shook his head.

“Trust me, you have. The story goes that the Prince came down to this very cellar to retrieve some bottles of wine to celebrate his victory with his comrades. It was a long, tedious battle between the regions of Houen and Kanto. You may ask, why would he be fighting for Kanto, when this castle would have been situated in Houen? Well, at that period, this island was part of the Kanto region and they were fighting over what is now known as my home city, Sootopolis. The Kantonians eventually signed a treaty with the Houenians to join both the regions together as one and that this pact would be sealed by a joining of hand. Unfortunately, I haven’t discovered what this means but I presume that it meant that the two leaders would rule as one.

But continuing with our main story: this young Prince came down to the cellar and as he was picking his choices from the wine rack, he heard the water stir behind him. He turned around defensively with his sword drawn, only to be dazzled by a beautiful young woman hiding from her neck downwards in the water. Slightly embarrassed, the Prince covered his eyes and apologised for walking in on her whilst she was having a bath. He heard the woman giggle and the sound of water rushing off her body she got out of the pool. She calmly told him that he could open his eyes and as he looked, he saw her combing her long red hair, a glistening green tail falling from her waist down and her chest covered by deep blue shells…”

Wallace watched Misty watching him intently and breathed in deeply.

“…On that very rock that you are sitting on.” He finished and watched her jump off it as if she had received an electric shock. “The Prince moved cautiously towards the beautiful mermaid and in his trance, slipped on the wet rocks beside him and fell into the pool. The mermaid quickly dived after him and pulled him to the surface, intently staring into his eyes. She told him that his eyes reminded her of deep black pearls her sister wore, found at the bottom of the sea and demanded to know his name. In return he asked for hers.

All I know now is that he heard a sound behind him and as he tried to shield the mermaid from sight, his friend, Silex, entered and asked if his comrade had got lost on his travels. When he saw how wet the Prince was, he laughed and told him that he must have had too much to drink and urged him out of the cellar, as the Prince desperately tried to look behind him and saw that the mermaid was gone. The rest is unknown apart from that the Prince tried to see the mermaid as much as possible and ultimately met his doom or his haven: His body was never found but sailors say that he drowned in his stupidity. No one ever knew if he found the mermaid whom he cherished so dearly or whether they lived happily ever after.”

Wallace picked up a scroll from the table and handed it to Misty.

“My mission to discover the mysteries is now over, for it is now your destiny to discover its hidden mysteries.” He explained to her more urgently. “All your answers lie in oppidum caeruli. You must remember everything that the Shiny Lapras told you at the waterfall and analyse it carefully. It will prepare you for the future and for the hardships in your life to come. History is already repeated itself – or so it seems…”

A swift breeze rushed through the tunnel and surrounded Wallace and Misty.

Ite celer… It whispered.

“Misty, listen to me carefully.” Wallace said forcefully as he walked over to her and held her by her shoulders. “You must not repeat anything that you’ve heard to anyone – not even your friends – until you have completed your task. I know that this will be difficult but you must trust me. If you do confide in anyone, it could jeopardise your life. Do you understand me?”

Misty nodded unsurely.

“Promise me that you will do this? It’s for your own good. Everything that has happened to you is for a reason that will later add up in the bigger picture. Your starting point is oppidum caeruli. Find it and search its ancient libraries.”

“But I don’t know where…”

“Promise me! It is also know as the Birth Place of Water Trainers…”

“I… promise.” Misty replied unsurely and clutched her scroll.

Wallace loosened his grip and smiled at Misty. He walked behind her and looked out over the pool.

“You’ll be fine.” He replied calmly and bowed his head.

“Wait! What were the names of the mermaid and the Prince?” Misty asked curiously.

“Check your scroll.” Wallace replied with his back still turned to her and his head bowed.

Perplexed, Misty held the scroll in front of her and began to open it, reading the first line.

Oh, my wonderous stars! I have seen Venus sent down on mortal lands in the name of Nebulosa…

“MISTY!” A voice cried loudly in front of her and she instantly hid the scroll behind her back to see Ash looking angrier than she had even seen and panting on the last step of the tunnel.

“Ash?” Misty replied, having difficultly finding her voice.

“Where is he?” Ash asked grumpily and stomped passed her to look behind her.

Misty turned around fearfully and breathed a sigh of relief to see that Wallace had disappeared. She looked at the staircase again to see May leaning against the wall trying to catch her breath. Ash stomped towards the pool and looked into it with disappointment and then took the opportunity to take in his surroundings.

“What is this place?” He questioned in awe and finished his observation by looking at Misty expectantly for an answer.

Misty chose not to reply.

“What’s that you’ve got behind your back?” May managed to finally question and pointed to the scroll.

“Whoa!” Ash cried out as he slipped on a rock to move towards Misty and fell back into the pool.

Misty cried out his name and hesitated, before dropping the scroll and leaping into the pool after him, pulling him to the surface. He coughed and spluttered as she desperately tried to haul him to the side as May helped to drag him out. Pikachu shouted words of encouragement beside May as the all sat panting to regain themselves.

“Why are you here, Misty?” Ash asked her seriously as she went to retrieve the scroll.

Misty avoided his gaze and sorrowfully looked at the stone floor.

“I don’t know.” She replied unsurely. “I remember Wallace bringing me here, handing me this scroll and disappearing as soon as you arrived.”

May asked her what the scroll said but Misty refused to let her have it. She explained that she wanted to go to bed to rest her head and then they would talk about it when she’d managed to get some rest. Not wanting to push her after her unknown ordeal, they agreed to obey her wishes.

“You still haven’t told us what happened when you left before my match.” Ash questioned her unsurely. “Are you sure that everything is all right, Misty?”

She nodded and assured him that she would explain everything to him when she’d had a good rest to try and clear her head and make sense of everything that had happened to her.

They left the old shop as Misty looked up to the paling sky, uncertainty of her future written across her face and pondered Wallace’s words and the troubles of fate, yet to come.

As they reached the hotel after barely any conversation, Misty quietly disappeared to her room and eagerly opened the scroll to read the rest of its contents:

Oh, my wondrous stars! I have seen Venus sent down on mortal lands in the name of Nebulosa! She is of the mythic oceanic race, where her beautiful tail glistens with artistic perfection and her slender form is complimented by her bold shade of locks. Because of this meeting, I wish to write all my encounters with her on parchment so that I may always have an account of my memories.

Oh! How I love her deep azure eyes! They illuminate her dazzling smile and shine with the colour of the aura that surrounds her! I saw her in the pool of the cellars as I went to fetch more wine for our celebrations and she saved me from drowning as I was entranced by her beauty. She is Venus, I tell you! Silex will not believe my words and believes that I have had too much to drink! I will prove him wrong! I will show him this beautiful creature and make him believe that the oceanic race does indeed exist! She is not a myth as the stories foretell! I will visit the cellar again in the hope of seeing her once more.

Until tomorrow, when I will write again.

Cinereus

Misty sweat dropped.

“This is way too weird.” She muttered to herself and threw the scroll into her backpack.

She contemplated the poetic nature of ‘Cinereus’ and how he had described the mermaid, concluding that his friend must have been right that he had had too much to drink to write such things. Still, it would be interesting to see what else the Prince wrote about his encounters, seeing as what had started off as a legend, now had proof of existence. First she had to find oppidum caeruli, where ever that was. She lay back on her bed and stared up at the bunk above her. How was she going to keep this from her friends? She already owed them a lot to tell, with the events with the Shiny Lapras and Wallace taking her to the library but what would she say?

Someone knocked on the door and it opened to reveal Mrs Ketchum beaming at her from the doorway. Misty looked startled to see her but returned the smile and sat up on her bed to make room for her.

“I bought you some chocolate cookies while we were shopping.” Delia said kindly as she sat down and handed a plate with a few little cookies to Misty. “How are you feeling?”

Misty took one of the cookies gratefully and nibbled on the side.

“Tired.” She replied wearily.

Delia nodded with a smile of understanding and gave a small inner giggle as she drew one of her legs to her chest and looked up at the ceiling as if recalling a memory.

“It must be nice to travel around the world with your friends.” She said dreamily.

“Didn't you ever travel?” Misty asked her in surprise.

Delia shook her head and directed her smiling gaze at Misty.

“No, I was born in Pallet Town but my family moved to a village and I grew up there for my childhood. Only the boys travelled to become Pokemon Trainers and the girls would be able to keep Pokemon as pets but not travel. If we were really lucky, we could train to become apprentices at the gym of the village but my cousin achieved that post. When I was a little older than you, I met Ash’s father and moved with him back to Pallet and left my village behind because all my family had died.”

She took out a picture from her skirt pocket and showed a picture of herself with a strikingly handsome young man with dark scruffy hair and creamy hazel eyes. The man had his arms lovingly around Delia, whose hair was put into two pigtails as she gave a peace sign to the camera.

“His dream was to become a Pokemon Master, just like Ash, so I rarely see both of my boys nowadays.”

Misty admired how happy Delia looked with her husband and handed the picture back to her.

“But Ash is really worried about you, Misty.” Delia explained as she put the picture away. “He doesn’t know what has happened to you for the last few days and he’s extremely concerned for your safety and welfare. Are you going to talk to him about it?”

Misty brought both her legs up to her chin and looked at the carpet.

“I really want to. He’s my best friend but I’ve been told that I need to keep this a secret, especially from my friends.” She replied solemnly.

“By whom?” Delia questioned.

Misty didn’t reply and continued to look at the floor. She tensed her body and let out a moan of despair whilst standing up abruptly.

“This is hopeless! There’s got to be an easier way of figuring all this out…”

She folded her arms thoughtfully and looked at Delia smiling at her from the bunk.

“Mrs. Ketchum, if I tell you something… can you please keep it a secret and not tell anyone else?” She asked hesitantly.

Delia nodded in agreement and made herself comfortable on the bed. Misty sighed deeply and slowly began to explain what had happened over the last few days. She was grateful that Delia listened intently and didn’t interrupt her story as waves of relief washed over her to be able to finally talk to someone about her problems.

“So even after speaking to the Shiny Lapras, I found out from Wallace today that there’s even more to this legend than a painting and an old myth.” Misty continued annoyed and moved over to her backpack to take out the scroll. “He gave me this, which tells me the names of this mermaid and Prince, so it must mean that the people, if not the legend, are at least true. But I don’t know what to do! It’s another mystery but this is apparently all part of my ‘destiny’.”

Delia pondered thoughtfully on the bed with the scroll in front of her.

“It sounds exciting.” She replied happily and looked up at Misty’s agitated face. “It seems that there is something that happened in the past that’s happening again, according to the legend, and you and Ash are part of it! By finding out what happened before, you’ll have an idea of what is expected to happen in your own future.”

“But that can’t be!” Misty protested. “The events that happened so long ago couldn’t be the same as now because our worlds are completely different! I’m not a mermaid and Ash isn’t a Prince or a soldier, so how can we possibly fit the legend just because of our appearances? It doesn’t make sense! What is the point of discovering a legend that has no purpose to me at all? If it were true, then that would mean that my destiny should exactly fit that of the legend and everything that happens in my life would be the same. Our personalities don’t match these people. Ash couldn’t write poetry if it were staring him in the face. That’s Brock’s department.”

Delia looked at her suddenly as she said this and read the scroll once more.

“Perhaps you’re right, Misty.” Delia replied and set down the old parchment on the bed. “But I never said that you and Ash were the parts in the legend. I was just saying that something that happened to those two must be going to happen to you as well…”

Misty looked surprised and embarrassed at her wrong interpretation.

“Maybe that’s what your mission is – to see who exactly fits the legend because judging by what you have just said, that would mean that Brock would have to be the Prince.”

Misty looked alarmed as her cheeks tinted a soft pink.

“That’s crazy! Brock can’t be the Prince if I’m supposed to be the mermaid!” She yelled loudly from her frustration.

“Why not? You’d make a cute couple! Except that he’s now with Cassie…and besides you need to stop thinking that you’re supposed to be the mermaid and Ash might be the Prince. I don’t think that’s what these messages are trying to tell you – it’s what happened to them that’s important and that’s what you need to find out.”

Misty irritably took the scroll and threw it back into her backpack.

“I think you need to analyse all the facts that you have, Misty, and try and piece them together.” Delia said seriously. “If you want to do it on your own then that’s fine but you’re going to have to be discreet about it. I’m sure you’ll find out what the purpose is of you discovering this legend soon enough.”

She stood up to go and took the plate with her.

“I’m here if you want to talk again.” She said with a smile and closed the bedroom door behind her.

“I don’t believe it.” Brian Powell said calmly though undeniably surprised from his commentator’s box. “He’s done it.”

He looked over the battlefield before him to see the crowd going wild for the new Houen League Champion with the referee holding his flag up high to indicate the winning side. Ash collapsed down on to his knees with his cap covering his eyes and picked up a badly shaken Pikachu. His opponent walked across the field, hugging a beloved Blaziken before returning it to its pokeball.

“Are you ok, Pikachu?” Ash asked his friend in a whisper and watched the little creature nod before falling asleep.

Ash smiled broadly at it and tensed his body with excitement.

“WE DID IT!” He shouted loudly and punched the air with the tremendous support of the crowd.

“You did a fantastic job, Ash!” The girl congratulated him and shook his hand warmly as her blonde pigtails moved around her. “Thanks for a fantastic match!”

He beamed at her and returned his gratitude and held up her hand with his to face the crowd. He watched his friends and his mother run down from the stands to congratulate him and share the celebrations. Brock patted him forcefully on the back and ruffled his hair as Mrs Ketchum took a firm hold of her son in a hug and wouldn’t let him go.

“Oh, I’m so proud of you!” She cried out happily and attempted to squeeze the life out of him. “Just think how happy everyone is going to be back at home to see someone from Pallet win a League Championship!”

Professor Oak had to pry her away from him so that he could regain the air from his lungs as both May and Misty pounced on Ash at the same time to give him congratulatory hugs. The crowd continued to roar their approval and excitement as a plump old man came bobbing across the field with a tall butler carrying a large gold plated trophy with a pokeball engraved on the front. Two assistants came running from the sidelines with a podium for Ash to stand on as the excited crowd was eventually hushed.

“Well that truly was a spectacular match!” The old man squeaked through a microphone. “And it is now my privilege to announce Ash Ketchum as the winner of the Houen League Championship!”

The crowd thundered their approval as Ash shakily took the trophy from the man, his face gleaming with excitement. Misty took Pikachu from him as he stood up on to the podium and triumphantly lifted the trophy above his head. The stadium shook with the cheers of the audience as photographers and media crews swarmed into the area to take pictures of Ash.

“This is so exciting!” The woman who had interviewed Brendan previously, squealed to the cameraman. “We are now witnessing the ceremony for the new champion! Ash! Ash? Can we have a word with you a minute?”

Before he could answer, the woman had dragged him off the podium and in front of the cameraman.

“So how does it feel to be the new champion?” She asked him enthusiastically while he was staring at her bewildered.

“Huh? Err… oh! I feel great!” He exclaimed as a weakened Pikachu hopped onto his shoulder.

The woman smiled and looked over to May and Misty standing behind him.

“Ahh… I take it that this lovely lady is your girlfriend!” She beamed brightly and motioned to May.

Misty looked at May in shock, who looked at the ground with her cheeks tinted pink, whilst Ash gazed on with uncertainty.

“She’s not his girlfriend!” Misty blurted out, causing everyone’s attention to focus on her. “She’s just a friend!”

“Oh, is this true?” The commentator asked May, who nodded sheepishly.

“Who cares? Let’s go celebrate!” Max yelled joyfully and led the way off the battlefield with the rest of the gang following him and the commentator looking extremely confused.

Last edited by Water Spirit; 14th March 2007 at 3:10 PM.

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Default (Part 2)

“Can everyone hold up your glasses please?” Professor Oak announced clearly and held up his glass. “To Ash, the new Houen League Champion! May his success continue as his journey to become a Pokemon Master broadens!”

“To Ash!” The rest of the crowd chanted in unison and took a sip from their drinks.

The after party had become a busy event with many of Ash’s friends, supporters and League Staff attending the celebrations. Brendan and Aurora had congratulated him on his success as soon as they caught sight of him and were dressed, like everyone else, for the special occasion. Delia walked over to the buffet table in a beautiful royal purple gown and helped herself to some nibbles as Professor Oak moved beside her in a white tuxedo to do the same. May, Max, Misty and Brock were gathered round a small table draped with a silk white cloth as the band started another tune for those on the dance floor. They watched as Ash, wearing a smart traditional tux with scruffy hair, was greeted by even more congratulators and smiled to see him so happy.

“I wonder where Cassie is?” Brock pondered out loud and continued to look around the large hall for her.

“Excuse me.” A young woman, no older than Misty, began to ask as she approached them. “Do you know where I can find Ash?”

She was slightly taller than both the girls, though her appearance was similar to a fashion model. Her long golden hair reached down to the middle of her back as she wore a revealing red dress that emphasised her cleavage. The dress stopped at her mid upper thigh, exposing her slender tanned legs and finishing with matching heeled shoes. She smiled politely at them, though both May and Misty glowered at her and Brock formally pointed out Ash amongst the crowd. She bowed appreciatively to them and walked off in Ash’s direction, which caused Misty to give an irritated sigh and then looked surprisingly at Brock.

“Hey, you didn’t even go into one of your trances when that girl approached us.” She said in puzzlement.

Brock shrugged and took a sip of his drink.

“I’m not interested in other girls anymore, I’m only interested in Cassie.” He replied simply.

“So, does that mean, you’ll never go ‘googily eyed over a girl again?” May teased and caused Max to giggle.

Brock looked in May’s direction as hearts formed in his eyes and his smile widened.

“My sweet angel! You light up the room with your elegance and destroy the aura of every other woman on this planet!” He chanted dreamily.

“HUH?!” May cried out in alarm and backed away from him, dragging the bottom of her long pink dress with her.

Brock leapt towards her and knocked her out of the way to show that Cassie had arrived at the party behind her and his attention had automatically diverted to her.

“Guess we’ll see the dreamy eyed Brock after all.” Misty chuckled and helped May to her feet.

She brushed down her short turquoise dress and smiled at May, with Max in hysterics behind them. They watched as Brock led a blushing Cassie on to the dance floor and began to dance to a slow waltz and sighed enviously that they had not been asked to dance also.

“Misty, it’s so good to see you again!” A voice called to her and she turned around in surprise to see Rudy walking towards her. “I see you don’t have a partner to dance to this pretty song with. May I ask for this dance?”

Misty blushed at his outstretched hand and May encouraged her to dance with him whilst trying to hide her grin. Misty smiled and accepted his hand as he led her onto the dance floor and began to lead her to the calming melody.

“You think we should tell Ash?” May asked her brother with mischief gleaming in her eyes.

Max nodded at her excitedly and bounded over to his companion, who was in the capable arms of the young blonde woman. She had her arm linked with his and was parading him around the room, talking to guests and announcing herself as Ash’s escort for the evening.

“Look, Miss… err… you’re not my date!” Ash tried to reason with the girl as she dragged him over to a small crowd of guests. “Can you leave me alone already?”

The woman ignored him and seemed annoyed to have Max jumping around in front of her attempting to talk to Ash.

“Hey, Ash! Misty’s on the dance floor with Rudy! Maybe you should go too!” Max said childishly and laughed.

“WHAT?!”

“Oh, that’s a wonderful idea!” The woman squealed and clapped her hands together. “You can dance with me and show off how much of a couple we are!”

“But I don’t even know your name!” Ash yelled as she dragged him towards the dance floor.

“Oh, you’re so funny! I told you earlier! My name is Nebulosa!”

“What kind of weird name is that?” Ash asked perplexed as she swung him round to face her, though he was embarrassingly thrown into her large chest and looked as if he was about to pass out.

“ASH?!” Misty screamed in alarm as Rudy twirled her on the spot. “What are you DOING?”

Ash came up for air, looking dazed as he was helplessly flung around by Nebulosa. Misty and Rudy watched him with disgust as May and Max watched uncomfortably from the sidelines. Nebulosa continued to dance with Ash as if nothing was wrong and apologised when she bumped into Brock and Cassie during the song. The pair watched Ash and his partner unsurely and looked over towards Misty and Rudy, who were blatantly ignoring him. As Ash was continuously spun around by Nebulosa, a young lady stormed up to the pair and threw Ash’s partner away from him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” She bellowed at Nebulosa as fire burned in her eyes. “Ash is already taken so keep your hands off him!”

Nebulosa looked at her with shock and anger and shouted at her for interrupting their dance.

“Well I am Macey, Ash’s personal protector when it comes to competition against his destined one, so get lost before I make you really sorry!”

Nebulosa burst out laughing, which naturally proved to be the wrong thing to do as Macey pounced on her and resulted in them both fading into a cloud of dust. Security jumped in on to the scene and separated the two fighting girls, though Macey was evidently up for more as she caught one of the bouncers on the chin. They escorted the pair out as Ash rubbed his head and Macey cooed to him of how she would continue to protect him as it was the least she could do. The rest of the party sweat dropped at the random scene but the band started up a new song and the crowd returned to their previous activities. Ash shook his head to try and relieve himself from his awkward experience and happily moved towards Misty, who was still dancing with Rudy.

“Hey, Misty, are you enjoying the party?”

She looked away from him angrily and asked Rudy if he would kindly escort her to the drinks table so that they could obtain some refreshments.

“Of course, Misty.” He replied and smiled at her as he held out his arm so that she could link it with hers.

Ash watched them go in confusion and walked over towards May and Max.

“What’s wrong with her?” He asked annoyed but May and Max chose not to answer.

“Oooh! Arrren’t you twwo so cuuute!” A large balding man commented from behind May and Ash with a strong German accent, causing them to jump in surprise. “Why don’t you dance together, ja! It will be so cuuute! And I’ll take lots of photos, ja!”

“Oh, that’s very kind of you to say but we’re not going out.” May said politely to the man who was now ushering them on to the dance floor.

“Dance! Dance together!” He yelled gleefully and pushed them together and put their hands in the correct positions for dancing to another waltz.

Ash looked at May unsurely and began to slowly walk backwards with her. The German man barged between them and scowled Ash angrily for not leading his charming partner correctly and demonstrated how to move around the room properly with her in time with the music. Trying his best and also to please the German man, he slowly moved around the room with May to the rhythm of the music. The German man hopped around them excitedly with a camera, bumping anyone and everything obstructing his way with his weight.

“I’m really not sure what I’m doing…” Ash commented quietly and sweat dropped at the sight of the man taking pictures. “I really don’t do dancing.”

“Me neither, but I guess this is kinda fun.” May replied and frowned as a woman screamed whilst she was bounced out of the way by the German man. “At least I can do it with a close friend like you.”

As they began to grow familiar with the steps, the German man encouraged them to include twirls and spins, which he demonstrated once again on his own with surprising security. Ash hesitantly span May away from him and back towards him, though he missed her hand and resulted in her landing heavily against him. A glass smashed behind them and they turned to see Rudy standing next to the broken pieces and a large crowd gathered around them, watching. The song finished and the German man forcefully pressed down on May’s and Ash’s backs to submit them to a bow and congratulated them on their beautiful dancing skills.

They quickly moved towards Max at a side table and rubbed their sore backs as the next song started. They sat down at the table as Max congratulated them on attracting everyone’s attention in the vicinity. Brock and Cassie approached them calmly and also complimented them on their dancing. Rudy walked over to them and congratulated them for their dancing and also for being tomorrow’s front headline.

“That guy’s from the island’s newspaper.” He explained to the surprised pair in front of him. “Your dancing will be headline news along with Ash winning the tournament.”

“Pika?” Pikachu questioned unsurely as it sat on Max’s head.

“Well I guess they’ll be saying that I’m a multi-talented person who can win Championships and dance.” Ash replied smugly and grinned at his inflating ego.

“Yeah, you’ll be a ladies’ man with the crowd soon to follow.” Rudy replied sarcastically and put his hands in his pockets.

“What do ya mean?”

“All I’m saying is, I told you once before that you were a very lucky guy, well don’t let that luck run away from you again, Ash.” At this point, Rudy was looking at him with disgust. “If you abuse your luck, it’ll have the sense not to come back to you again.”

“Argh! I can’t deal with these riddles! That’s Misty’s department!” Ash complained and took a sip of a glass in front of him. “Hey, where is she anyway?”

He looked around the room for her and back to Rudy, who shook his head and walked off. He asked his friends whether they’d seen her but to no avail, until Professor Oak remembered seeing her run out of the front doors earlier. Perplexed, Ash went to the front door to ask the bouncers if they’d seen her leave and told him that she seemed to have headed towards the Romantic Gardens until they were interrupted by Nebulosa forcing her way towards Ash.

Misty sat in front of the pool where the Shiny Lapras was said to appear with her knees up to her face and arms draped around her head. Her dress fell elegantly around her, exposing her glittering shoes and her lower legs as she tried to huddle herself into a tighter ball. She shivered from the cold and eventually lifted her head to look over the serene lagoon. She heard soothing chirps and the rustling of the trees as a soft breeze waved over her and played with her ponytail. The stars shone brightly overhead and she lay on her back to gaze at the wondrous mysteries of nature and life above her. A flock of Taillows moved across the sky, their shadows distinctive against the illuminated darkness.

I told you before, there will be many hardships ahead of you that will lead you to Ash’s and your own destiny…

“But does that mean a destiny together or our own separate destinies?” Misty asked quietly.

The voice did not reply and Misty sighed on the grass.

“I don’t understand why I have to find out about this legend.” Misty asked out loud. “I’ll find out about it but I still don’t know where this Latin place is.”

The legend is the key to your destinies. The voice whispered on the winds. Part of your destiny is to uncover the true story of this legend. The other is to realise your destinies and eventually, that of others…

“That of others?” Misty asked perplexed and sat up. “So it’s true that I’m not the mermaid in the legend? And that there are other people involved?”

“Who are you talking to, Misty?”

Misty span in horror on the grass and jumped to see Ash standing behind her.

“Don’t sneak up on me like that!” She shouted at him angrily and stood up to stomp away from him.

“Hey! I was only coming to find you to see why you ran away!” Ash shouted at her and followed as she walked off.

Misty span around and started walking towards him.

“Since when do you care about anyone else but yourself?” She shouted in his face and poked him in the chest. “All you do is what’s best for you and you never care about anyone else’s feelings!”

“That’s not true! If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t have come looking for you, would I?”

“But you don’t care!”

“Yes, I DO!”

Misty fell silent in shock as he looked at her aggressively.

“I wanted to make sure you’re all right because you ran away and then you’d been taken away by Wallace. Now you’re running away from me again. I just want to know that you’re OK.”

He sat down on the grass and invited her to sit next to him. She did so and pulled her dress over her legs.

“Rudy said something to me before I came looking for you.” Ash began and seemed frustrated. “It’s some kind of riddle, he said: ‘I told you once before that you were a very lucky guy, well don’t let that luck run away from you again, Ash. If you abuse your luck, it’ll have the sense not to come back to you again.’ Any ideas?”

Misty thought about it for a moment and then smiled.

“It’s a metaphor.” She whispered quietly to herself.

“Huh?”

“Oh… I dunno what he means.”

Ash frowned and lay back on the grass.

“So why did you leave the party?” He asked her as he looked at her leaning on her side.

Misty glared at him then looked away.

“Who was that girl you were dancing with before May?” She asked bitterly.

“Oh, Nebulosa…” Ash cringed. “She’s really forward.”

“Nebulosa?” Misty questioned abruptly and looked directly at him.

“Yeah, I think she said that she trained water Pokemon like you do…” Ash recalled and sat up to face her. “She tackled me at the door way as I was trying to find you to give me her number.”

“Can I have it?” Misty asked urgently.

Ash watched her awkwardly.

“I need to talk to her about… Water Pokemon. She’s umm… really famous and in all the Water Trainer magazines.”

“Oh, sure.” Ash replied and handed her a piece of paper. “So are you going to tell me why you left the party?”

Misty looked away from him again and tucked the piece of paper into her handbag.

“I just figured that you were dancing with so many girls that you didn’t need my company there any longer.” She replied coldly, though she realised that this was perhaps the most subtle way she could put her true feelings.

Ash laughed and rolled on his back.

“You actually think I wanted to dance with them?” He questioned in disbelief. “I don’t do dancing! I mean sure, it was fun dancing with May but Nebulosa was just weird!”

Misty watched him unsurely and shrugged. He took the opportunity to ask why she’d left without telling anyone a couple of days ago but she didn’t seem to want to answer.

“And what was with the weird message at the end?” He asked her and took the letter out his pocket.

P.S. I leave LuvDisc to you, Ash, because only you couldn’t understand its true intentions. Perhaps it can help you on your journey. Though do remember one thing, te amo – iam et pro semper.

Misty froze and took the piece of paper from him. She read it carefully and noted the imitated handwriting that wasn’t her own.

“I didn’t write this…” She said in disbelief and looked at him. “May must have written it after I gave her LuvDisc’s pokeball.”

“Really? Why would she do that? Well, I need to give LuvDisc back to you when we return to our room so make sure to remind me. So what does this Latin mean?”

Misty looked sheepishly away and muttered its meaning.

“It means ‘I love you – now and for always…’”

Ash continued to stare at the paper.

“That’s the quote on the statue of the Mermaid and the Prince, isn’t it?”

Misty nodded.

“Maybe she wanted me to remember the statue for some reason. I’ll ask her when we see her next.”

“Maybe it’s best if we don’t ask her.” Misty began slowly. “If she wrote it pretending to be me, then she has her reasons for not admitting that she wrote it.”

Ash nodded his understanding and looked at Misty’s sorrowful expression.

“Misty, I’ve been thinking about that argument we had before you left and I’m sorry for losing my temper at you.” He started sincerely as she looked up to meet his eyes. “But I also want you to know that something you said has been playing on my mind a lot…”

Misty’s heart skipped a beat and she felt the colour rise in her cheeks.

“You told me that you liked someone else… who wasn’t Brendan…” He continued. “And that this person never showed any feelings towards you… well…”

Misty felt her heart trying to jump out of her chest from fear and anticipation. Ash wouldn’t look at her and continued to stare at the lagoon in front of them.

“This guy is a complete idiot for not realising your feelings.” He looked at her and smiled positively. “He must be totally clueless! I mean what kind of airhead can’t see that a girl really likes him so badly that it’s staring him in the face?”

Misty sighed heavily and decided not to reply.

“I guess what I’m trying to say is that I felt angry that this person hadn’t repaid your feelings and saw how it had upset you that I couldn’t think of anything to say. I really didn’t know how to show how I felt at that point. I didn’t want to follow you because I figured you wanted some time alone but I couldn’t stop thinking about how upset you’d been over this guy and how much you must deeply care about him. But no matter what happens, I’m gonna support you no matter what, coz we’re best best friends!”

Misty smiled unsurely and felt a heavy weight in her chest. He really didn’t have any idea and it seemed apparent that he didn’t have any feelings for her either. The tears she’d shared in admitting her feelings had resulted in him misinterpreting them for someone else. Just like he said, he really didn’t have a clue.

“You’re right, Ash. That’s what we are, aren’t we? Best best friends…”

“Yeah!” Ash cried out happily to see that she’d cheered up a bit. “See! I do care about you!”

Misty tried to hold her smile. She contemplated how for a moment, she’d misinterpreted Ash’s meaning of ‘care’ for something else but she now realised that everything she’d held in a different light with him had only ever been friendship. He cared for her welfare but not for this feeling inside of her. She decided that she would discover this mission and find out what the Shiny Lapras meant by it being ‘the key to their destinies’ and probably go back to Cerulean to finally move on.

“So how about it, shall we go back to the party?” He asked her.

She looked up at him when she realised that he was hovering above her and smiled. He offered her his hand to help her up, which she took happily and he lifted her up off the grass. It dawned on her how he had barely overtaken her in height now and she smiled at the thought how he’d grown up since they’d first met. She sighed heavily and looked up at the stars above her with Ash and saw one shoot across the sky, causing her to smile at the thought that tomorrow would be a new day with a new beginning…

The days following Ash’s victory became a period of rest and relaxation, when Ash wasn’t being chased by the media or being called up for interviews. Delia bought the local paper the day after the party so that she could frame her son’s success when she got home. The article consisted of a detailed account of the battle and Ash’s reactions, also accompanied by a picture of Ash and May dancing together and from the angle, looking intensely into the other’s eyes. Misty forced a smile as Max showed her the article and distracted her attention from looking at the picture of the two friends and busied herself with helping Brock make pancakes.

As the days progressed, the attention quietened and Ash could freely move around the town without being harassed or jumped on by the media. The group were getting ready to go down to the beach as the Telecom phone rang. Max answered it to find Daisy at the other end asking for Misty, who greeted her sister warmly and asked about how she was feeling after they had spoken earlier in the week about why she had left. Misty hadn’t given Daisy all the reasons why she had left though she’d been able to come up with a story so that she wouldn’t be badgered by her sister’s lectures and worries.

“Well, anyway, I like, totally wanted to talk to you about this amazing new idea I had for a water ballet!” Daisy began excitedly and held a script in front of her. “Tracey took me to the library and I found all these really cool books and some really cool folklore and I like, totally fell in love with this story I found and wrote a script. The only bummer was like, there was no middle or ending, so I like, came up with the end myself and now I have this really cool script!”

“That’s great news.” Misty replied happily. “Does this mean that you want me to come home to be a part of it?”

“Totally! I mean, you are the Magical Mermaid and you like, totally need to be the mermaid again in this play!” Daisy replied excitedly as Lily and Violet waved in the background.

“Hey, Misty! Who’s on the phone?” Ash yelled and walked over to see Daisy on the screen. “Oh hey, Daisy! How are you?”

“Like, I have to go now, but anyway, let me know soon, Misty! Cya later!” Daisy said rapidly and click off her line.

Misty replaced the receiver, smiled at Ash and walked towards her room to get her beach things. Ash frowned as she went and followed her into her room.

“Misty, are you OK?” He asked her from the doorway.

“Come on, Ash! We’re missing valuable time at the beach!” She cried happily as she grabbed his wrist and raced out the front door with him.

The group set up a spot on the sandy shore and began a game of volley ball, with Delia and Professor Oak watching from the blanket and shade of the umbrella. Ash and Misty were on one time with May and Brock on the other. Both the girls were wearing similar bikinis, May’s green and Misty’s blue with the boys wearing the respective colours with the girls. The ball darted back and forth over the net until May tripped and resulted in the ball rolling towards the sea, where it began to be carried out across the waves.

“I’ll get it!” Misty shouted and darted down the beach after it until she was knee high in the water.

The ball continued to move away from her and she began to swim towards it until she was able to reach it and grabbed hold of it and began to swim back to shore. She screamed as she was pulled under the surface by an unknown force and choked on the water filling her lungs. She let go of the ball and felt it shoot out of her arms up to the surface, as she was rapidly dragged under and into deeper waters. She looked down at her ankle to see a type of vine wrapped around it and desperately tried to break free until the vine loosen and left her floating in the water. A shadow circled around her and she looked down to see a Tentacruel holding her in place in the water but her attention was focused on the glowing eyes of the shadow in front of her.

You must not loose hope, Misty… A voice echoed around her. Remember what I told you in the Gardens when you ran away: “Ash will discover what he does not know and you must have faith that he will do so but you must remember that you cannot do anything to help him. He must discover all of this on his own…”

“But it’s clear that his feelings aren’t for me anymore!” Misty tried to say through a stream of bubbles but heard her voice echo around her. “He doesn’t think of me in that way! Why should I keep believing he does?”

I told you that both Wallace and I recognised that you fitted the story perfectly and your strong resemblance to them. Perhaps none of what I or Wallace say makes sense to you or seems to fit. You might have once believed that I was referring to you as the Mermaid and Ash as the Prince… You might also have believed that someone else was the Mermaid and Prince like Nebulosa, seeing as she has the same name as the Mermaid. The courses of fate have changed since we last spoke. I am not the ultimate decider of your fate and destiny – they are the deciders of themselves. I know that it is your destiny to uncover the legend and its secrets – that has been prophesised. I know that both you and Ash have a great similarity to those of the past and I know that Ash has yet to discover what is inside him and particularly how he truly feels about you…

Misty looked curiously at the shadow but felt her heart pulsing with hope. Maybe there really was something in this legend of valuable importance to their relationship.

Good luck. I’m sorry for what will happen to you now, Misty, but this is the only way it can happen without arousing suspicion… and with that, the shadow disappeared and the Tentacruel tightened its grip and pulled her nearer to the surface.

It launched a poison sting at her, which caused her to scream a stream of bubbles and pass out momentarily before she felt the Pokemon’s grip leave her ankle and a pair of arms circle her waist. She coughed as they reached the surface and heard Ash’s voice reassuring her from behind.

“It’s OK! I’ve got you!” He comforted her and turned her around to face him.

She looked weak and dazed and he noticed that her eyes were dipping in and out of focus on him. He clenched his teeth and hauled her on top of Staryu and held on to Corsola as they sped them along the surface. He couldn't comprehend how the Tentacruel had managed to drag her out so far and so deep and when he’d seen it use its Poison Sting on her, his heart had raced with fear and adrenaline. He carried her up the shore as the group huddled around her and Professor Oak checked her over for any signs of poisoning. He clarified that it appeared that she had just been shaken and could find no signs of the poison entering her body. Ash shook her vigorously to try and bring back her consciousness and when she eventually looked up at him, she saw his wet figure surrounded by the aura of the sun.

“Ash…” She said weakly and tried to sit up.

He told her that she needed her rest but she ignored him and looked down at the sand beneath her legs.

“Daisy wants me to go back to Cerulean to be part of a play that she’s created.” She said heavily. “So I’m afraid, after you leave Ever Grande City, I’ll have to go back.”

Ash watched her expression and smiled happily at her.

“We’ll go with you!” He proclaimed happily and watched as she looked up at him with surprise. “We haven’t been to Cerulean for a long time and May and Max have never been and I fancy taking a nice long vacation before I start another Pokemon journey! So why don’t we go with you for a while and help out?”

Misty looked up at him in disbelief until a smile broke out across her face. She leapt up at him in a hug and resulted in falling on top of him as he lost his balance. She blushed furiously and moved off him, only to find Ash chuckling at her happiness and punching the air at the thought of their next destination.

As the day drew to a close, Misty had tied a pale yellow wrap around her waist to cover her bikini shorts and walked across the beach to admire the sunset. She let down her hair and allowed it to dance with the off shore breeze and smiled at the beauty of the sunset.

“Hey, Misty! We’re heading back now! Are you coming?” Brock called down to her from the top of the beach.

“I’ll be with you in a sec!” She shouted back and turned to face the sunset once more.

The words of the Shiny Lapras echoed in her mind and confusion of the legend, what she had been told and Ash’s feelings buzzed around her head. A comforting smile broke across her face as she thought of how her new quest had begun and that whatever happened in the future, she would fulfil this task that had been set for her. She thought of Ash once more and what he had said about their friendship. She held her hands up to her chest with a smile as her hair billowed behind her and her buttermilk wrap flapped around her legs.

Maybe there is hope after all… She pondered as a Lapras jumped out from the sea and the droplets of water glistened in the sunset.

End of Chapter 30

Well, there you have it. 31 pages later, I hope this was worthy of your time. ^_^

I would also like to re-post a song I wrote and have dedicated to a very dear and close friend who has suffered a disappointment that he assures me he is fine with.

I wrote these lyrics for FADOF about dreams, friendship and love as maybe the end credits and I want to dedicate them to him parce que je sais dans mon coeur, il est destinee pour le mieux:

Once upon a time you said to me,
    That you wouldn't stop until you reached your dream,
    You saw my smile and my eyes danced with belief,
    And your determination ceased to bring you relief,
    You travelled through the mazes of the lands,
    To reach your goals and your plans,
    As we've stood together side by side,
    To release this magic hidden inside.

(Chorus)
    As the wind catched the ripples of the waves,
    As the melody of my heart dances to your ears,
    As the sand meets the sea,
    As we stand, you and me,
    We'll fulfil our dreams together,
    And break the barriers of the world.

Even when the sky delievers a cloudy day,
    Where the shadows throw your cares away,
    If ever you need a helping hand,
    You know I'll be there, by you I'll stand,
    When you feel the rain fall down on you,
    And your tears fall down upon the truth,
    Don't shrug your shoulders and say that it's OK,
    I'll be the one to bring you a sunny day.

(Chorus)

Once you've reached the top of the mountain,
    There is no way but down and doubting,
    Whether inside really is that spark of talent,
    That is driven on by the spurs of your ballard,
    Your song becomes a whisper, a faint gentle breeze,
    And I know that I will use my gentle way to please,
    As I know that when I look into your eyes,
    There is that burning ambition that you can't disguise.

(Chorus)

The obstacles may seem bleak but your courage lies within,
    These blockades only test your endurance to win,
    So stand up tall and take pride in what you have achieved,
    For there is no one who in you does not believe,
    That you will swell with pride to reach your goal,
    For that is what fate and destiny have entold,
    Everything happens for a reason and what will be will be,
    So remember to always be happy, take the good with the bad, just like you and me.

~ Water Spirit

My best wishes and faith are always with you. <3

Anyway, I'm off to do that long PM list. XD Hopefully people are still interested.

Please let me know what you think about it because I'm dreading the fact that I'll have disappointed everyone.

Take care and speak to ya soon!

Love

WS
    XxX
    Last edited by Water Spirit; 14th March 2007 at 3:41 PM.

¦Honoured PDA Member¦

O_O O....M....G!! This is one of the best chapters you've written so far, IMO! (for lack of a better thing to say) That new writing style of yours seems to be working out for you! This just seemed more descriptive for you, and it was hard for me to turn away until I finished reading the chapter, i was so captivated by it!...Well, more captivated than usual, anyway.

Ack, i wish I could write a proper review, but I'm no good with quotes mid-post, so this is the best I could do. Great job! KUTGW! (that is, Keep Up The Good Work!)
    Name: Brett
    FC: 2492-0613-4491

Thanks to shinylatios for the Trainer Card!

Thanks to shinylatios, a.k.a ~*Ratiosu*~, for the banner!

Well, I finally finished the chapter and I must say Water Spirit, you have me literally speechless! This was by far your best work ever! Here are a few of MY discoveries of uncovering the truth...

Oh, my wonderous stars! I have seen Venus sent down on mortal lands in the name of Nebulosa…
    Okay, we know that shes a girl...and for some reason I think that she is from Venus. Or Venus could be the other Prince, it could be either way! God, I am dying to know!

Ash is the Prince and Misty is the Mermaid, that was expected. Actually, there is a fan-art of your fic.

The underground chamber was an idea that could only be pulled off by a great genius. I could easily visualize the chamber. The story of the Prince and the Mermaid was pulled off excellently! There are a million things I wrote down on a piece of paper so that I have a chance of understanding the mystery...The Shiny Lapras is very weird, you know...

The mission that Misty has to do will be a dangerous one, I think. I am veeeery excited for the next chapter! Chapter 31 will be up in about half a year, right?

First of all, you need to stop saying such negative remarks about yourself and your writing, or else I'll start thinking it's true...(which, we all know, is not ^_^)

The immediate celebration after Ash wins the league (Misty and May hugging him) kinda snapped me out of the trance and mysticism of the rest xD made me laugh

well...you really are making Ash dense beyond belief...

...that's another thing that unglued me from my screen, in order to type this

As I said : mystery, tragedy, drama, romance...everything you need, want and more ^_^

no, you didn't disappoint me...in fact, I was glad, because now, we are going to have a change with the plot xD

in the "quality" department : As I said, the two times I was unglued from my screen were the two times which made me laugh ^_^ so congratulations on that !

plot : perfect, as I said, now, the action I feel is going to change.

Oho, when I posted my first review here, you said we were nearing the "3 year old" mark in May I think...meh, it doesn't matter to me how long I have to wait, but we're nearing to the end !!
    at least, that's what's written in your first post, 35 chapters announced...

How will this unfold ?
    Only you will tell us
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Hee! Thanks for the PM!! Really appreciated it! (I died from the lack of fics that has these kinds of qualities =<!!!)

This is an incredibly SWEET chapter! X3 I suspect that the latin words might have something to do with the special meaning? =O I might have to re-read it, and see if I can find it again, but then again, I never really found out hints from JK Rowling's books that's supposed to uncover some things for upcoming books. lol

The suspense, the humor, the tensions! Gawd, you really made it worth everyone's time to read it. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EEEEND YET!" When I was reading half-way through the first post. XD I have to laugh about Ash dancing with Nebulosa. The poor kid had to be swung into oblivion (almost).

I think I was a bit confused about the part that was after Misty being stung by the tentacruel, until I read it 3 - 4 times over again. :x

As to my hypothesis, will the little play Daisy has in store help Misty on her quest? It seems like it though, like re-creating some scenes from the legend.

And trust me, WS, you will not get shot that much as you expect, because this chap is well worth it. (Even though I'd wish for the next chap! XD)

I don't think anyone's going to agree with you Water Spirit. This chapter was written WAY too professionally to be considered "disappointing." In fact, I would consider it to be inspiring. To be honest, the main reason I took up fanfiction was because of this fic.

Anyway, all of that kissing up aside, after having read the final paragraph of this chapter, I realized how hard it is to write a review for a chapter 32 pages long! So many favorite moments so I'll keep it generalized:

I loved the mystery and introduction of this new quest in Part 1. It left me in suspense and my heart was beating rapidly the whole time as if I was watching a movie!

The Second Part, I really enjoyed the party and how you described it! Also, the part with the Tentacruel only added to the mysticism and importance of their return to Cerulean. I can't wait for the next chapter!

One more thing: I have a speculation towards the names in the scroll.

Cinereus: I think it is an old Latin way to say 'Ash' because of the root of the word which sounds like 'Cinder,' a synonym for Ash.

Nebulosa: I speak Spanish and the word for cloudy is 'Nebluso,' very similar to this name. And cloudly in turn could stand for 'Misty,' therefore accurately representing Ash and Misty in the prophecy! I think you put Nebulosa in there just to throw us off...

I hope I'm right, I would be pretty proud of myself for solving a small part in this grand mystery!

Anyway, overall, I love the description and the new plot twist and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next even if I have to wait 3 more years!

EDIT: Oops! Yeah I can see your right misty_aquamaster, 'Nebluso' isn't a word in Spanish! I guess that's one of the disadvantages of being away from your country for so long! (I'm Colombian btw)
    Last edited by el_toro; 16th March 2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Spanish mistake...
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss
    Currently Posted: Chapter 18-The Venox Vanishings
    Currently Working On: Chapter 22

That is an excellent discovery el_toro! Wow, that's excellent! Yeah, I cant speak Spanish...I speak French!

Anyways, so Ash is Cenerous means "Ash" and Nebulosa is "Misty"....

In my opinion, there will be a very suspensful battle between Misty and Nebulosa, which is gonna happen in Cerulean City...wow, I am literally in shock...

Cinereus is probably the guy who fell/falls in love with Nebulosa...It makes sense, doesnt it? No? I thought so....Yeah, our fics are WAY different for the plot..

So Misty will go to the waterfall because something will prepare her there...I literally am in shock for how well you portrayed this chapter! I am betting Misty will find the Ancient Library...Will she find another scroll? I dunno, but this is getting veery exciting!

OMG great chapter =D you need to keep writing!! I need AAMl to kiss very sooN!! YES!! =D 'Tu Amor' = your love in spanish =] It helps being Cuban and knowing the song Tu Amor - RBD.
    Last edited by XxM!styxX; 21st March 2007 at 1:47 AM.
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

OMG, it's finally here! *squals* I'm so excited and happy! ^__^ (Probably a bit hyper, too, but whatever!) That was such a great chapie, really. I don't care if it takes you a whole year to write a chapter or more as long as you continue writting. I'm your fan.

Nebulosa: I speak Spanish and the word for cloudy is 'Nebluso,' very similar to this name. And cloudly in turn could stand for 'Misty,' therefore accurately representing Ash and Misty in the prophecy! I think you put Nebulosa in there just to throw us off...
    I speak Spanish, too and I accidentally realized that. Yeah, 'caused I was reading really fast and I read Nublosa - cloudy. I had never heard of Nebluso before, I guess it depends the country and place, too.

EDIT:
    I was so excited yesterday that I forgot to write about the chapie. ^_^U Silly me. When I was reading it I just couldn't stop, well I did 'cause I was at school. Gosh, I practically ran back home to continue reading and it was in the most interesting part too (at least for me). The part when Misty and Wallace are talking and then Ash comes with May, I loved it.

I also noticed Misty is not going to have to do so much research since her sister found the books that talk about the story of the Mermaid and the Prince. That's great. I hate the part of Latin 'cause I can't remember what the words mean. I can identify a few but some other I just can't. It's frustrating! But I guess you gotta keep the mystery and that's great; just kinda frustrating for the readers who want to know what it means.

EDIT: Oops! Yeah I can see your right misty_aquamaster, 'Nebluso' isn't a word in Spanish! I guess that's one of the disadvantages of being away from your country for so long! (I'm Colombian btw)
    I know it's because we lose practice. That happens to me too, sometimes I confuse words. Except that for me was hard 'cause I was forgetting spanish and didn't know much english. lol.
    Last edited by misty_aquamaster; 16th March 2007 at 5:38 PM.
    Please read & review my Fanfiction:
    Friendship, Love, Rivalry and Misunderstandigs
    Now on Chapter 19 !!

I know this is very weird coming from me, but please consider it and I hope many others will too.

As you very well know, this is one of the (if not the biggest) Pokemon Fan-Fic in the world. And dont try to wiggle yourself out of this one, it is extremely successful and has an amazing plot and story-line. So, I was wondering, the only person that is ever capable of publishing this fic is Nintendo. (Yeah, sounds cheesy. I was hoping Scholastic) Well, if it did, then you have published the first ever fan-fic from Pokemon. Shippings would be much more popular. More people would like Pokemon. And if youre emberassed that it is a POkemon fan-fic, the author would be Water Spirit instead of your real name. I mean, come on, this is a chance you dont want to miss. I will check through some of the Nintendo's site to see if I can send an e-mail to the owner of Nintendo. And I have a feeling that he would need a petition with at least 1,000 signatures. But would the amount of views change his mind? Maybe. I hope you are in for it, because this fic is not deserved to be stuck on Serebii for eternity, it needs to spread. So whaddya say? Who's with me? If anyone has any information, then please PM me.

I will only start this mission/petition if Water Spirit agrees. Whatever descision you make Water Spirit, we will be happy with it no matter what. I dont want to force you into doing something you dont want.
    Last edited by MistyLover; 16th March 2007 at 6:33 PM.

A petition do publish this fic to Nintendo? It would be a good money-maker, but it a fan-fiction *puts emphasis on fan*. I doubt Nintendo will do that.

I think the last chapter was not dissapointing at all, it is suspenceful and I am interested about Misty and Nebulosa. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

I've been reading this fic for a while, and this chapter has everything I wanted. Mystery, suspense, and romance! I really want to know what in Cerulean with the mermaid show. I'm looking very forward to the next chap!

Banner by ali340
    My Pokeshipping One-Shot: Lakeside Mischeif

Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast