Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pace - The Final Frontier! (466)

Default Pace - The Final Frontier! (466)

Decisive Match! VS Regice!

After Charizard's loss to Dusclops, Ash is faced with being at a disadvantage in his rematch with Brandon. With only Pikachu, Squirtle & Bulbasaur left, he has to face Brandon's Ninjask & Solrock. However after they have been subdued, Brandon reveals his trump card...the legendary Golem Regice. Will Ash manage to defeat Regice or will he suffer his 3rd loss against Brandon?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

weeman342 is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

I dont think he'll loose since theres only like 3 eps left..its gunna be close though..

SEE MY TRAINER CARD!^^
    Thanks Evil Pikachu!

For the sake of Serebii not having to do it, these threads are for people who have already seen the episode.

Thank Blissey Ash won! 'Bout time too, Brandon smells... where'd u watch it Benmeister? I guess Leeds!

Black 2 Friend Code: 3826 7258 2131

We see a return of Bulbasaur's Leech Seed (which it used against both Dusclops and Solrock). After Charizard was beat by Dusclops, Bulbasaur mashed it up with a Solarbeam to the face.

Ash showed his innovative thinking when Squirtle went up against Ninjask. Brandon commanded Ninjask to whip some dust into Squirtle's eyes. Ash had Squirtle use Hydro Pump to drench itself (and dissolve the sand out its eyes), fainting Ninjask with a Skull Bash.

Brandon's Solrock had a nice entourage of psychic attacks (Psybeam/Confusion), finally knocking Squirtle out with Solarbeam. Ash summoned Bulbasaur again, but both it and Solrock knocked each other out with their clashing Solarbeams.

Regice VS Pikachu was an interesting battle to see. One would think that a Focus Punch from a Legendary Pokemon would knock out (or severly damage) any Pikachu, but we all know better.

This has to be the first time we've ever seen Pikachu use Iron Tail twice in one attack (that was impressive). Pikachu's final dash using Volt Tackle was real tight to watch, as it ran through and broke blocks of ice to pieces. The sheer force of the attack knocked Regice back into the wall, and it was all over.

-sCiZoR

Wow. It sounds like it was one pretty physical battle from both sides. Ash's strategies certainly sound interesting and it's nice to hear that Pikachu had a tough ride (Regice is a legendary after all, so it wouldn't be practical to have a battle, to that degree rushed). I can't wait to see how that double Iron Tail move was executed.

It will be interesting to see the scenes away from the battle, ie: Hall of Fame, Frontier Symbol scene. It certainly sounds like an episode to remember.

It seems like an interesting battle, (I have yet to see the episode) though it seems like Ash got spared, if the three Regis had been used at once, he might not have won. Do you think Dusclops, Solrock, and Ninjask are on equal level with Brandon's Regi's or not?

We have pics

First person to point out the errors in flashbacks gets a cookie

Is it, by any chance, that May and Max are in the background as Bulbasaur is facing Arbok despite the fact that they obviously wouldn't have even existed at the time?

Or that Ash is wearing his Advanced Gear and in a closed Stadium fighting a Meganium, when he fought Jackson's one it was open arena and he was wearing Johto gear.

I know one error in the flashback

-In the flashback, it shows Ash and his Hoenn outfit. It also shows that he is fighting a Meganium using Bulbasaur. But Ash never battled a Meganium in Hoenn and Bulbasaur only battled Team Rocket when Bulbasaur was transported to Hoenn, and Team Rocket doesn't even have a Meganium
    Edit: Beaten

Me miss May and Max
    I was formely known as ~Elite Frontier~

Theres more

I know! In the other scene, it shows Ash's Bulbasaur battling Arbok ( and May in the side of the image ) but when Ash's Bulbasaur was transported to Hoenn, Jessie did NOT have Arbok, instead, she had a Seviper. You can tell this image is from the Hoenn saga cause May's in it.
    Last edited by ~Battle Frontier~; 1st September 2006 at 9:07 PM.

Me miss May and Max
    I was formely known as ~Elite Frontier~

Since from pictures you can't see every pic of the scene, i'll have to watch the episode somewhere to spot every single error.

Likewise, but I'm assuming it has something to do with Pikachu using Volt Tackle on something it has fought prior to it actually learning Volt Tackle.

Gonna take a looooooooooooooong time to bring it on US.

Seen the pictures... Awesome fight.
    I can't remember of any more flashback errors... =/

Simply loved this ep, can't wait for the dubbed version :O

Now no one can say that Ash is a n00b. He has beaten Brandon, one of, if not the strongest, trainer in Kanto.
    Noteworthy things:
    *Ash seems to overuse Leech seed during the battle, and thank goodness it's not like in the Indigo leuge were it took a Beedril out with just one of this over-power full attack in the Anime.
    *Almighty Psychic rock Solrock enter the stage, and goes flashy with all it's psychic attacks. Come on, it has already had a big battle with Tate&Liza vs. Ash. And it goes back to the start of the series, where nothing could hit Psychic becuase they just send the attacks back.
    *TR digging? AGAIN? They have done it already during almost all of Ash biggest battles since Hoen, yet this time it was a little batter when they meet some real guards. Though I would really wanted to see them in the battle rather than just blasting of TR...
    *Does the writers know any other ice attack than Ice beam? Just that and Focus Punch, big movepool for a legendary...
    *LOTS of faulty flashbacks, these new animators has propably never seen a pokemon episode before.

Overall, a big disapointment. In my opinon

So did Ash turn down the chance of being a battle head or is the offer still habging for anytime in the future?
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

He declined it

How come Squirtle doesn't get any flashbacks?

The battle with Ninjask seemed a little too short to me. The Regice battle looked cool, can't wait to watch it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Where was Wobbuffet in this ep?

Its awesome how Ash won, I saw the images so cool! Ash is def turning pro, I mean he's even having a tie with May in a contest ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Theres more
    I've got one--the flashback with Bulba and Meganium has Ash in his Hoenn garb when they should be Kanto. Also, that fight(I believe that was the only Bulbasaur vs. Meganium fight--Johto League tourney) was a tie(the shot has Bulbasaur clearly pwning Meganium).^^

Looks like Ash has a new shiny plaque to show his mom!^_^

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast