Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pace - The Final Frontier! (466)

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Theres more
    Well,Bulbasaur has never battled a Zangoose.

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

-------------------------------------

My Fave Duel - Atem VS Raphael II (YGO! DM Episode 174 -176)

Thats it! No trophy. No medals. No money. No Final ultimate frontier badge of somekind. Just a plaque!

Anyways i think its one of the best epi yet in my opinion.

I wonder what would happen if he agreed to the offer of becoming a frontier brain. What symbol would he get? If he agreed he will be the youngest and the strongest in all the frontier brains.

But i guess his journey is not over. I hope he will be a frontier brain in the future. I am quite sure that he will be on the DP episode. Maybe he will start again from only taking Pikachu like on Hoenn.

Does anyone know if Ash is the first trainer who has beaten all the frontier brains?

DANIEL CRAIG BEST BOND!

Made by me ^

At least this episode shows that Ash won't leave. Why else would he decline being a brain. Overall this episode was pretty good. I am disappointed that the writers (or animators??) had continuity issues (like Bulbasaur battling Arbok while May's around, or battling Meganium in a non open area). I'm glad to see Leech Seed and Skull Bash back...so classic and nostalgic. But as I always say...the former possiblity of having a 6 vs. 6 battle should've been used for a more grander ending to the Battle Frontier...

So, what happened to the hall of fame rumor? Hmm...?

I agree that merely a plaque is pretty lame, though I think the key problem was wasting so much time in the previous episode. No time for a big send-off. Could this be the end of Scott, by any chance?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

^ Scott could still appear in the final AG episode.

But yeah, I think Scott's done when AG ends. He has no reason to return unless D/P has another Battle Frontier.

Seems like a really good episode,

I'm not checking pics until I get the episode online - whenever that is.

Anyways, yeah - Enishida is done.

He is the man of Frontier. There is no reason for him to go millions of miles to Shinou and do what? Stalk Satoshi some more?
    Koshiyo Tatoyo i O suYA Fool YO! YO!

Mleh, it was good with Scott around. Who knows, we may seem more of him again.

Yeah, I'm upset about the continuity errors as many of us are. It's like the animators just decided 'Oh, to save the effort of recreating every scene as it was, let's just paste images on top of scenes originally from Hoenn and no one will notice!'

Of course, we did notice.

Aside from that, despite the fact that I was originally moaning about the episode and its unrealisticness, the battle was very good. And of course, it's always good to see my little Bulby wulby in action. This will definately be an episode to remember when the time comes and we start to reflect on the Battle Frontier saga. Then again, you could say that with many episodes of this saga.

Did Bulbasaur use Frenzy Plant?

-Judai

The episode was pretty good, at least I finally glued my eyes to the screen because of a battle.

Hmm, a plaque? A PLAQUE? Well better then getting just a handshake and getting a congrats.

W00t for flying Pyramids. :O
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Wait, how have half of you watched the epiosde. Pocketmonsters tracker is down and the other raw place doesn't have it as well.

Am I mising something, or you just saying you watched the pictures?

Yeah, stupid question.
    Koshiyo Tatoyo i O suYA Fool YO! YO!

A plaque is better then a berry so I wouldn't complain.

How dare you doubt the almighty berry?!

-Judai

Did Bulbasaur use Frenzy Plant?
    No. That was Leech Seed, which it hasn't used in a while.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Pics from filb.de show more flashback blunders such as Ash in AG clothes sending Bulbasaur against an Exeggutor. I mean, as cruddy as the animation team was last week, at least they used Ash's original clothes in the retouched flashbacks. This team was a fair bit more competent, so the extreme disregard of continuity is surprising. Glad we got to see the other two Regis again, though. Lock-On is an attack that makes me very glad 4Kids is outta here.

For those who have seen the episode in motion, how was Regice's voice in comparison to his Movie 8 one?

EDIT: Now that I've seen the episode, I can confirm that it was completely different. That makes me sad. Solrock's voice was also a whole lot different than his appearances in Hoenn. It sounded like Noctowl.

Another thing I noticed - Unlike in the past when Leech Seed was shown, this actually showed the gradual sapping of a Pokemon's energy over time instead of all at once.

EDIT2: Just realized they used the Regi's BGM theme from Movie 8. Bout time they used that. Aaron's theme was also used again at the end. Now if only we could get "Retaliate" to play.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 2nd September 2006 at 6:05 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Ash turned the offer down? Did he give a specific reason why he didn't take it? I'm just suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyami View Post
    Ash turned the offer down? Did he give a specific reason why he didn't take it? I'm just suprised.
    Were you really expecting Ash to take the offer, seriously it's not in his character to accept something like that.

Saw the episode and have to say it was really good.
    Both Bulbasaur and Squirtle were great. When Squirtle used Hydro Pump in the air and then let the water splash on itself to get the dirt out of its eyes Nurse Joy was very impressed by the strategy and took notes (literally).
    Squirtle and Ash flexing was funny and awesome.

Bulbasaur showed again why it doesnt need to evolve.
    Solrock was impressive, it had psy wave (when was the last time we saw that).

The spotlight and the greatness obviously goes to Pikachu, really this battle is just one of the many reasons why pikachu is my FAVORITE pokemon. The little rat is god there is no question about it. I have to say the double Iron Tail was mad nice, really you have to see it to believe how great it looked.
    Regice knew Rest, I really liked the music they had playing when regice was battling pikachu.
    Pikachu got trapped in the ice and then Ash had the flashbacks and ordered a Thunderbolt. Pikachu doesnt respond and the referee is about to declare brandon the winner but THEN pikachu starts to gather up electricy and breaks through the ice and the attack hits regice and we get the 1st battle frontier intro song playing (my favorite). Now someone has to confirm this but it looked like the attack paralyzes regice. Regice still uses focus punch and pikachu goes bouncing around the ring (covered with ice so its obvious) and then it bounces of the wall and uses the double iron tail attack which was awesome. Regice uses Ice beam pikachu dodges but the attack just traps pikachu, and regice is uses rest.
    Pikachu breaks through using iron tail and uses volt tackle, now while its running it breaks a pillar of ice in the way which looks great. Regice uses Ice beam but pikachu moves away to the side and gets back on track sending regice blasting into the wall. Pikachu wins and Ash leaps with happiness.

Ash refuses the brain position and then says bye to his trio. Everyone just waves bye to them and thats that.
    Overall an excellent episode, Pikachu's best battle so far. It deserved to win its been with Ash forever and has more then enough experience to win battles like this. I give it a 10/10.

Even if Ash accepted the offer, he would have his work cut out of being a Frontier Brain.

Look at all the contunity errors in the flashbacks.

I find that so funny...

Too bad Ninjask didn't win a round, at least Squirtle and Bulbasaur each got a win.

Anyone else has already complained about the flashbacks mistakes, so I won't add into that. Awesome battles, yeah, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed that Pikachu has only slipped ONCE while RUNNING ON A FIELD COVERED IN ICE during the WHOLE battle. I mean, it was OBVIOUS that Jindai's strategy included making the battlefield completely icy and slippery to stop the little rat from running and such.

Still, Satoshi's almighty electric rodent can apparently levitate while running on ice, being able to perform Volt Tackle to destroy Regice. This is what disappointed me most. Everything else was ok, but this one thing just doesn't go past me. Sorry.

By the way, who was the newly got Pokémon of Jindai's that was mentioned before? Regice? This would explain why the poor thing lost. It's probably not able to create slippery ice yet XD

By the way, Ice type legendaries have the worst luck in the anime. At least this one wasn't owned by Lizardon D:

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Saw the ep but i was wondering, what that recover that regice was using everytime pikachu was stuck between ice, cause no one seemed to mention it

Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    Anyone else has already complained about the flashbacks mistakes, so I won't add into that. Awesome battles, yeah, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed that Pikachu has only slipped ONCE while RUNNING ON A FIELD COVERED IN ICE during the WHOLE battle. I mean, it was OBVIOUS that Jindai's strategy included making the battlefield completely icy and slippery to stop the little rat from running and such.

Still, Satoshi's almighty electric rodent can apparently levitate while running on ice, being able to perform Volt Tackle to destroy Regice. This is what disappointed me most. Everything else was ok, but this one thing just doesn't go past me. Sorry.

By the way, who was the newly got Pokémon of Jindai's that was mentioned before? Regice? This would explain why the poor thing lost. It's probably not able to create slippery ice yet XD

By the way, Ice type legendaries have the worst luck in the anime. At least this one wasn't owned by Lizardon D:
    I was just about to mention all of that XD. Wow, you beat me to the punch. Poor Regice.

Where do people watch the new episodes?
    I always wait till it comes out on pocketmonsters but they,re
    having...difficulties.

That was a good episode. Besides the fact that Regice lost to pikachu by itself (thought Charizard should've weakened it a little first), the battle was good. Bulbasaur and Squirtle had the spotlight I wanted them to get, the battles were intense. Quite honestly, I thought they should've combined this battle with the other two fights with Brandon and made it a 6 on 6 battle. Thought Pikachu's victory was a little cheap, but I can't say we haven't seen worse in the anime. Anyway, good battle and good ending to the Frontier. The plaque was as nice as the tiny orange league trophy anyway, so its not a big deal that that was all he got.

I just saw this and i gotta say that while the battle itself is great there are a few things i've got to call foul on, and no Charizard losing to Dusclops is not one of them.
    First of all why do they always have to load up every Solarock with Solarbeam it made the outcome of it's match with Bulbasaur way to predictable, (come on you know the writers love thier Solarbeam shootouts)
    and second while Pikachu did do incredibly good against Reigice, there is no way in heck you can convince me that how he won wasn't cheap, if that was Rest that Regice was using, then i fail to see how Pikachu could possibly knock Regice out with one Volt Tackle considering all the attacks it had to inflict after the previous rest, i find that retarded, i also don't like the fact that Regice never made the effort to get to it's feet, i mean come on they could of least made it try to get up, but no it just lies there like it has a hangover, basically Regice got screwed over and while it was high time Brandon lost, they could've handled that alot better. In conclusion, the battle was one of the best in the series, but the ending completely sucked.
    Kabuto i actually wouldn't have minded a six on six now anyway cause then Donphan and Snorlax could've joined the party.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast