Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pace - The Final Frontier! (466)

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak5034 View Post
    Saw the ep but i was wondering, what that recover that regice was using everytime pikachu was stuck between ice, cause no one seemed to mention it
    Rest, if I'm not mistaken.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

They HAD to make Ninjask lose his first fight.

They HAD to make Pikachu defeat Regice.

I wish Bulbasaur could've defeated it.

BTW, the flashback errors happened even in the episode before!(It appeared Ash with his original clothes in the battle againts Noland)

But is may going to johto now?

We still dont know anything about that and THIS EPISODE had nothing to do with May or her choice. This was about Ash battling Brandon and winning the final symbol, which he did. May's future may be revealed within a week or two I think. There are signs pointing towards her staying but also signs of her leaving. we just have to relax and WAIT for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Were you really expecting Ash to take the offer, seriously it's not in his character to accept something like that.
    Ok, yeah. He's humble, but I was just thinking about how big an honor it is for him and his dreams. But also I went back and editted my message. My original included something like 'then again he would want to go to Shinou to get more experience'

Maybe in time when he is older he will take the offer.

a thoughto you think now that he defeated Brandon(Who is one of the strongest trainer in Kanto)...now do you think Ash is strong enough to beat the elite 4?

DANIEL CRAIG BEST BOND!

Made by me ^

I never even thought about that... maybe ash can take on the elite 4. Anyway Brandon didn't use lock on this time, he should've since ice beam kept on missing.

I heard that Ash finally defeated Brandon,and his Regice,a legendary pokemon with his pikachu. Now that's incredible. And now that's done, he conquered the Battle Frontiers.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    I never even thought about that... maybe ash can take on the elite 4. Anyway Brandon didn't use lock on this time, he should've since ice beam kept on missing.
    If none of his pokemon had fainted then he would have been ready but come on, Charizard was beaten Bulbasaur and Squirtle barely won thier fights and as far as i'm concerned Pikachu (while fighting impressively) pulled a cheap win against Regice so i seriously don't think Ash is ready for the E4 yet.

Yes, but remember Brandon is tougher then the average gym leader, and I think Scott said each brain is as powerful as an elite 4 member.

Yes, but remember Brandon is tougher then the average gym leader, and I think Scott said each brain is as powerful as an elite 4 member.
    He's right. A Frontier brain is powerful than a Gym Leader.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Zenigame's battle was too short, but Fudishidane got alot of battle time. I love leech seed. I love his Kanto pokemon, and this is why I loved this episode, and the one before it. It makes me somuch happier that his Kanto pkm are shown as being his strongest pokemon.
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

An excellent episode in general, and a fantastic way to end his Battle Frontier quest.

But damn, if it ain't Charizard then it's Bulbasaur. Can't Squirtle ever be glorifed for once? It is always Pikachu/Bulbasaur/Charizard getting the glory.

Hell, I should be happy Squirtle took out Ninjask at all. I know Squirtle has never been shown to be as strong as the other three, but I kinda wish it took out Solrock instead of Bulbasaur.

Overall though, fantastic.

i just watched the episode on youtube now, it was fantastic, if the animation hadnt been so screwd up in places it could have been a little better. It definately pleased me to see that ash's original 4 pokemon were the final combination to take down brandon and the bit where they go camping and take down team rocket just like the old days i think was awesome to see. I would definately rate this up there in the top 10 pokemon episodes of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    He's right. A Frontier brain is powerful than a Gym Leader.
    Thats right. Charizard already beaten a legendary and pikachu has beaten a legendary and

If Brandon used all his 3 legendary do you think ash could have lost?

DANIEL CRAIG BEST BOND!

Made by me ^

Bah. I didn't think this was as great as people are making it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I thought the battling was decent and all, but it was hardly one of the best fights in the series. The Dome and Palace battles were far better in my humble opinion, and they both raised the bar for any future bouts. I guess thats where part of my dissapointment stems from. I expected the big finalé to kick both of them out of the water :/

-Squirtle and Ninjask's battle was definately the best of the lot, and the strategies employed were pretty interesting. Like Squirtle using Hydro Pump to cure it's temporary visual imparement for example. I thought that was a decent highlight.

-There's one thing that really punched my pretty pickle pale about the battle; What's with Ash being allowed to dive in front of his pokémon, protecting them from harm? I mean, that's all well and good outside of the battlefield where a pokémon could be in some real danger, but this was an official match. What Dusclops did, sending Bulba hurtling towards the wall like that, was a totally legal move, and I don't see why Ash shouldn't be penalised for preventing the attack going all the way :/
    And yes, I'm well aware he did the exact same thing during the tower match. But that doesn't make it any less stupid.

HEY ASH, WHY DIDN'T YOU EVER DO THAT FOR TORKOAL WHEN IT WAS FIGHTING REGISTEEL! OR TREEKO WHEN IT WAS FIGHTING MAKUHITA!
    Thar be Favouritism in them thar hills!

-I also agree with Almighty Zard's opinion concerning Pikachu's victory. Regice used Rest and awoke [i]before[/b] the Volt Tackle hit, meaning all it's energy should have been replenished. So how the snapcracklepop did Pika manage to destroy that thing with a single Volt Tackle?
    I was willing to state that perhaps Rest doesn't completely heal a pokémon in the show, but then realised that such an argument would be ridiculous when you take Regice's overall strength into account and the fact that we've seen Rest fully replenish pokémon before.
    Then I went on to speculate that maybe Regice snapped out of the Rest prematurely, with it's energy having recovered to about half of it's maximum. But still, that shouldn't justify a Volt Tackle taking it out in one hit.
    Unless anyone can think of a decent enough reason as to why it worked, I call bullsh!t. Hey, if people can b!tch about Haruka's wins 'till the cows come home, I don't see why Ash can't be an exception.

-Bulbasaur hogging the spotlight always sucks, and I can only imagine the rage poor Yamato-san felt as it whipped Dusclops and then went on to tie with Solrock. But complaints aside, I did like how Leech Seed was finally portrayed as an attack that gradually weakens the opponent, as opposesed to just outright imoblising them.

Regice drank too much cofee that morning, thus weakening it's rest abilites, and the hot liquid melted it's body some into water which made it more succeptible to a Mouse slamming into it while electrocuted.

I always noticed, Regice? Reg-ice?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    -There's one thing that really punched my pretty pickle pale about the battle; What's with Ash being allowed to dive in front of his pokémon, protecting them from harm? I mean, that's all well and good outside of the battlefield where a pokémon could be in some real danger, but this was an official match. What Dusclops did, sending Bulba hurtling towards the wall like that, was a totally legal move, and I don't see why Ash shouldn't be penalised for preventing the attack going all the way :/
    And yes, I'm well aware he did the exact same thing during the tower match. But that doesn't make it any less stupid.
    Since neither Brandon nor the ref objected, my guess is that it's legal as long as it's well outside the boundaries of the battlefield.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Bulbasaur getting the spotlight, now THAT is crappy.

Not really, Bulbasaur IS strong.

Squirtle should have done more though.

^ I agree, I wished Squirtle had more spotlight. It would've made this episode better if we saw some flashbacks for it like Charizard and Bulbasaur.

Yes, Squirtle deserves the spotlight, but it put up a good fight against ninjask. Compared to May's Squirtle though, it gets squat. Are you sure Regices move was rest and not iron defense or curse?

Are you sure Regices move was rest and not iron defense or curse?
    Jindai ordered Regice to use 'Nemuru'. Which, of course, is the move Rest in english. Though the fact that it just sat there, surrounded by pulsating energy whilst Pikachu was trapped in the ice should be proof enough

I think I'll just give the cop-out answer for Regice's falling and Squirtle's limited spotlight - Rush job. I mean, it wasn't anywhere close to being on the level of the Tyson and Harrison battles, but cramming 3 vs. 4 into one episode is still difficult.

Personally, I thought Bulbasaur vs. Solrock was the best match of the lot.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

My two cents on the Bulby-hogging stuff...only Squirtle and Pikachu got real wins in the match. Bulby took down Dusclops...after it was weakened by Charizard. It tied with Solrock...after it was weakened by Squirtle. Not much to write home about, but it's wins weren't as cheaply and blatantly Bulby-service wins as people are making them out to be.

Nah, my only complaint about the match was that Brock suddenly shifted down next to May after being with his Beautiful-typed Pokemon last episode...and Solrock is now a Noctowl morph. Brilliant.

Oh...and the animation was thankfully better this time.

Cheers!
    ~Bulbs
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast