Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pace - The Final Frontier! (466)

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post

The animation wasn't that bad. Granted, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad.
    The animation was sub-par at best, actually.

They also screwed up flashbacks... AGAIN.
    They also reused move animations a lot. Like ash commanding his pokemon. Dusclop's will-o-wisp..etc. They did that whole "To be continued art" before every commercial break so they didnt have to animate it. Lazy artist.

I'll say it again, it seems like the animators were mad at their low salary and took the piss out on the episode.
    They did that whole "To be continued art" before every commercial break so they didnt have to animate it. Lazy artist.
    Why did the writers hire people like this for one of the most important battles in this saga?
    Why? Pokemon is a RICH franchise and I'm pretty sure they have enough money to get some GOOD artist.

Oh wow...I'm ranting about a kid's show..new low RC.
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Kitty_Umbreon View Post
    I don't like that ep. ash shouldn't have won...
    If he didn't win, he would never be able to beat him. It said it was his last chance, so he HAD to win. Besides like many people said, the Anime is a whole different thing from the games.

Besides, if he lost to all 3 Regi's, and he had more ubers on his team (even though he wouldn't), how would he win then?

-BoF

Meh, it was a good episode. Not great, but not horrid.
    What bugged me the most was that they pronounce Regice "Reg ice". I thought it was pronounced Regi Ice.

Also, the flashbacks of stuff that never actually happened. & Wil-o-wisp as an actual attack. Thats just stupid.

As a side note: I can't belive that PUSA kept not only the bullseyes on TR's FORHEADS, but also the japanese text on teh Battle Frontier Plaque. Purists must be happy(u).

Why are people complainging about the pronouncing of Regice's name, for it to be Regi-ice there would have to be two I's instead of one.

I still hold firm that Pikachu's win was rather cheap, but the rest of the battle was great.

Okay, it is not just in that ep, they cheat for ash ALL THE TIME. And if you ask me, i don't think ash should ever win. i hate him no offense to anyone.
    I'd chalk that one up as blatant character bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomCharizard View Post
    The animation was sub-par at best, actually.
    Especially when compared to the previous episode (which may rank as one of the Top 5 most hideous episodes in the history of the anime.), this show has certainly done worse in the past. And they've certainly done better also. Hiromi Funantsu is completely middle-of-the-road.
    They also reused move animations a lot. Like ash commanding his pokemon. Dusclop's will-o-wisp..etc.
    Stock footage. Money-saving tactic that's nothing new for this series. Especially when a Steelix is involved.
    They did that whole "To be continued art" before every commercial break so they didnt have to animate it. Lazy artist.
    Assuming you're referring to that "sketchy" freeze frame style, then again, happens all the time, even when not "To be continued". It's more of a style method than "laziness".
    Why did the writers hire people like this for one of the most important battles in this saga?
    Why? Pokemon is a RICH franchise and I'm pretty sure they have enough money to get some GOOD artist.
    Honestly, I think it's just where the cards happen to fall. There's numerous important episodes that have been really well-animated, like the Battle Dome and Kanto GF Part 3, and those same directors also get pegged for some totally pointless fillers. Works that way with the mediocre teams also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    What bugged me the most was that they pronounce Regice "Reg ice". I thought it was pronounced Regi Ice.
    Well, it makes more sense in a way, considering the spelling and all.
    Also, the flashbacks of stuff that never actually happened. & Wil-o-wisp as an actual attack. Thats just stupid.
    Eh, not the first or last time an attack that's normally non-damage-dealing has dealt damage. I'd imagine that flames would hurt, anyways. As for the flashbacks, yeah...
    As a side note: I can't belive that PUSA kept not only the bullseyes on TR's FORHEADS, but also the japanese text on teh Battle Frontier Plaque. Purists must be happy(u).
    I don't believe that was real Japanese text, but rather random scribbles. The kind 4Kids always confused for foreign text. PUSA hasn't painted away any text or bull's-eyes (see Regirock and Registeel battles, and the bull's-eye was on Torkoal's forehead) this season.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

DAMMIT!

dammitdammitdammitdammitDAMMIT!!!!

I f*&#ing HATE my goddamn VCR. Just like last week, it taped WITH NO FRIGGING SOUND AGAIN!!

Now I've lost the Charizard/Dusclops part of the battle, and have to hope and pray that the damn VCR works next week...

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

It's not character bashing. I was simply stating my opinion.
    [IMG]http://i10.*******.com/4pmw6pt.png[/IMG]
    The wonderful kitsune Shippo, is my bishie! Hands off!
    "Why would we pass up a chance to break into a place where delusional mass murderers were targeting creatures just like us??"
    -Max, Maximum Ride Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

Well, i think it does, and remember when they were talking about shadow punch, and how it never misses? Well, what about aireal ace? The writers cheat for ash, i tell you, and i hate it.
    I'll go along with one part of that, at least. Aerial Ace isn't supposed to miss. Maybe Ninjask only just learned it?

But of course the writers cheat for Ash when convinient. He's the main character after all.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

That's my point. I hate it when they do that. I think i will e-mail nintendo and complain.>
    "Why would we pass up a chance to break into a place where delusional mass murderers were targeting creatures just like us??"

That's my point. I hate it when they do that. I think i will e-mail nintendo and complain.>
    Complaining is nothing but wasting your time. Blame the writers, not nintendo. And he gets a decent losing streak once he faces Gary anyway.

Seriously, that's nothing but character bashing and you know it.

Ok episode for the most part. Except Solrock. SOLROCK ISN'T A BIRD!!!

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that head of theirs?

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Oh, i don't care if i am wasting my time. It's not like i have anything better to do.

Wow, just a great episode. One that truly marks a grand finale for Ash's Frontier quest.

A few things I want to say.

Bulbasaur vs. Dusclops. Very good. It was great of how the battle was done, and it seems like forever that we have yet to see Ash actually beat anything Brandon uses. I also liked that when Bulbasaur was confused, it actually hurt itself, just like the game. Even if it was something minor, im still glad. Makes it that more gamelike. Leech Seed having a similar "ingame" effect was also great. Granted they made it fair by not having it give Bulbasaur extra energy. Nice to see this kind of stuff being used like so and yet have a "realistic" approach.

Ninjask vs. Squirtle. Pretty good. I want to know this, is it possible that they got the guy who voices Munchlax to voice Ninjask aswell. Listen carefully. Anyway, a well done fight. I would have preferred Ash telling Squirtle to use Hydro Pump for Double Team, but as long a Water Gun worked well, then I'm satisfied. I also forgot that it knew Skull Bash, probably because I'm so used to May's Squirtle's moveset. Sand Attack, actually did what it was supposed to. Yes, it blinded it, but that still sorta goes with Accuracy. Even if only a little bit. I found it funny that Joy wrote down the use of Hydro Pump to clean the sand, neat.

Solrock vs. Bulbasaur. Why did PUSA think a meteorite should sound like an owl. Not that it's a problem, but it doesnt fit Solrock. Yes we probably wont be seeing it for a long time, but that doesnt mean we can do this to it.
    The battle itself was quite good, and it was neat that Psywave's varying effect actually happened. Solarbeam taking out both was sort of a weird idea, but it makes it more worthwhile so that Pikachu can finish it off(not that Bulbasaur could of taken out Regice, but...).

Regice vs. Pikachu. Again with the robotic voice, and it's pronounced Regis(i suppose i high voice for Regice in Pokemon: LatMoM doesnt really fit it that well anyway). Now, IMO the only reason Ash was able to beat Regice was for the fact that it was the only Regi not to have Lock-On. If it did, part three(yeah I think it's a semi-cheap attack).
    Dual Iron Tail was quite cool to see, but did anyone else notice this: when Pikachu used Volt Tackle, it gives you the impression that the stage is at least 4x the size than what it really is. And apparently, Pikachu gave it everything it had when it slammed into Regice. Having Regice know Focus Punch was a bit overused, but Rest was a nice change.

Overall, this episode did what it had to do, and presented us with the kind of showdown your expecting from something like this. I enjoyed it, and I think this really does give us the real "Johto League-esque" ending we were all wanting to see. IMO, the next episode: Once more, with Reeling will be the equivalent of "Gotta Catch ya later!" and the last AG episode will be the equivalent of "Hoenn Alone".

2 episodes left till you guys are faced with dreaded reruns. By that time, AB here in Canada should be about near the Hoenn League, if not passed there. Unless us Canadians do infact get BF, which i somewhat doubt at this time(and despite this, i was still able to watch it).

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Oh, you'll love DP if you want Ash to lose. A lot. A lot, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    I'll go along with one part of that, at least. Aerial Ace isn't supposed to miss. Maybe Ninjask only just learned it?

But of course the writers cheat for Ash when convinient. He's the main character after all.
    I'm pretty sure Swellow's Aerial Ace has missed in the past. Did the anime ever establish it as a guarantee-hit attack in the first place?
    Yeah, good luck with that. Especially since Nintendo has next to nothing to do with writing the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Solrock vs. Bulbasaur. Why did PUSA think a meteorite should sound like an owl. Not that it's a problem, but it doesnt fit Solrock. Yes we probably wont be seeing it for a long time, but that doesnt mean we can do this to it
    Solrock had the exact same voice it had in the Japanese version. PUSA did nothing to it. Lemme cue you in on something - If a Pokemon doesn't say its English name and just uses some grunt or noise, chances are it's not a dubbed voice.

Besides, Solrock sounded like Electabuzz in its previous appearances.
    IMO, the next episode: Once more, with Reeling will be the equivalent of "Gotta Catch ya later!" and the last AG episode will be the equivalent of "Hoenn Alone".
    Not really. "Hoenn Alone" was basically a pointless and dreadfully boring filler that served no purpose other than setting up Pikachu's illness for AG01. "Home is Where the Start is" is more the equivalent of "Gotta Catch Ya Later", with the whole goodbyes taking place and all.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

It was pretty weired at the end. How does ONE volt tackle from Pikachu take down Regice? He just got out of the rest... I thought that was weired. I also thought Brandon would turn into one of those Confuse Ray spammers... and you guys know the assistant? Yeah his hat reminds me of Wobbafet (sp?) at times and sometimes it reminds me of > _<
    I'm looking for the following legendary Pokemon:Tornadus
    If you have one for trade, please PM me and maybe we can make a deal. Must be legit, not nicknamed and English.
    I'm also looking to collect shiny Pokemon, the Charizardite Y, as well as EV trained Pokemon (looking for Aegislash specifically)

Team Devious
    1332-7805-8539

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Me two!!! But I get used to Pokemon names really fast, so it is already in my vocabulary as that. I hated it for about 5 minutes then I got used to it. Same with Turtwig. When the episode aired I tryed to pay attention because I was confused on how it was pernounced.
    I'm looking for the following legendary Pokemon:Tornadus
    If you have one for trade, please PM me and maybe we can make a deal. Must be legit, not nicknamed and English.
    I'm also looking to collect shiny Pokemon, the Charizardite Y, as well as EV trained Pokemon (looking for Aegislash specifically)

Team Devious
    1332-7805-8539

Solrock had the exact same voice it had in the Japanese version. PUSA did nothing to it. Lemme cue you in on something - If a Pokemon doesn't say its English name and just uses some grunt or noise, chances are it's not a dubbed voice.

Didnt see the Japanese version. Okay that solves that.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    Not really. "Hoenn Alone" was basically a pointless and dreadfully boring filler that served no purpose other than setting up Pikachu's illness for AG01. "Home is Where the Start is" is more the equivalent of "Gotta Catch Ya Later", with the whole goodbyes taking place and all.
    I meant in the fact of content/concept and of basic idea. I did not mean it by plot. If so i would not have mentioned it. Timeline wise also fits.

Perhaps this will work better: "Pace the Final Frontier" is more similar to "Jhoto Photo Finish", whereas "Once More With Reeling", and the episode that follows, will be the equivalent of "Gotta Catch Ya Later!". Because in P-TFF, Ash has the second part of his Final Frontier battle. JPF is the same basic idea except Ash loses. Also in both, Ash decides to do something after he heads home(not sure about JPF).
    Hopefully it makes more sense now.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Bulbasaur was one of Ash's favorites. I feel that Ash would have been a grass trainer, that's why he got some much stop light. Besides Gary had a squirtle as a starter, so they need to do something else. And Charizard already had is moment in the sun. ANd Pikachu had to be last.
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

Yep, Solrock did indeed keep its original voice. I watched the Japanese version of the episode earlier that week so I should know. Regice also kept its original voice just like the other regis.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Is it just me,or do all the regis sound the same?Anyway,the episode was a bit of a letdown IMO.

i liked tyhis episode alot, seeing charizard get beaten for once was quite amusing.I also liked how pikachu won the match

go pika!
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

this episode rocked!, i liked the fact that we saw Regirock and Registeel again :P in that scene with team rocket, that was funny lol

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

I'm pretty sure Swellow's Aerial Ace has missed in the past. Did the anime ever establish it as a guarantee-hit attack in the first place?
    I hope so, other wise what does it do?

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

I'm sorry, But when Solrock was sent out, Did anyone else think "Pidgeotto?"

Professor Oak was obviously inside a Ninjask Costume during that battle

But uh, This was a good episode, Another good job by PUSA

It's sad that TR didn't get to do much besides dig and climb in this episode.

But, I did like this episode.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I'm sorry, But when Solrock was sent out, Did anyone else think "Pidgeotto?"
    I believe I heard someone say that Solrock kept it's original voice. If anyone can confirm this for me....?

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast