Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: To Each A Wild Rose *Contestshipping, one shot* Rated PG

  1. #1

    Default To Each A Wild Rose *Contestshipping, one shot* Rated PG

    Hey there. This is my first contestshipping fic, so please feel free to critique me as much as possible. I was planning on writing a multi-chaptered story, but I wanted to see if I could write MayxDrew first, so what better way to see this then a one-shot?

    A/N: It's been three years since they've seen each other. May is 15, and Drew is 16. And I don't really know what his parents names are.

    ---

    To Each A Wild Rose

    “Where are we, again, May? I’m hungry. I want food!”

    “Shut up, Ash. What is with you boys and food? It’s like you can’t live without it for more than ten minutes.” May sighed. He was only one person, but he whined like a chorus of five-year olds. May was about to yell at Ash some more, when her stomach growled too. Ash laughed. “Don’t say a word.” She growled at him. She was cranky enough already.

    “May, it would be a good idea to stop and rest for a bit. Let our Pokemon out. We’ve been traveling for days, I think we all need a break.” Brock advised. May rolled her eyes and nodded. She couldn’t fight against a trio of hungry guys.

    “None of you answered my question. Where are we going?” She rolled her eyes.

    “Ash, I think you’ve asked this question over a hundred times already.” Max rolled his eyes. “It’s your own fault you can’t remember it. Right Pikachu?”

    “Pi, pikachu!”

    “What did you say, Pikachu?”

    “Pi, pika!

    “That’s better.” Ash seemed content with that answer.

    ---

    “This is really good, Brock. NOW IF ONLY MAY WOULD COME AND EAT WITH US…”

    “Max, I hope you know you’re not very subtle.”

    “I just want to know why she’s been training like crazy, lately.” He was genuinely confused. “I’m her little brother. I should know this stuff. What else can I tease her with?” Max looked in the far away distance at his sister. She was tense and rigid, not carefree and peaceful like she usually was when she trained with Skitty, Beautifly, or any of her other Pokemon. In all honesty, it looked like she was about to blow up.

    “You guys really don’t listen, do you?”

    “And you do, Brock?”

    “Yeah, I do. Ash, we’re going to LaRousse City right now.”

    “LaRousse…Isn’t that where…Oh that’s it!”

    “I still don’t get it.”

    “Ash, that’s where Drew’s from…”

    “Are we going to meet his parents?”

    “Possibly…but that’s not the point…”

    But Ash didn’t hear what Brock just said…He heard the first word though…They were possibly going to meet Drew’s parents…so that had to mean…

    “Is May getting married?”

    “WHAT!!” Ash looked up, startled. Max looked really tall and scary when he was standing and glaring while you were sitting. “My sister is not getting married to HIM! Brock! Stop LAUGHING!”

    “Only you, Ash, only you. But no. Let me take a simpler approach. You like to collect badges, May likes to collect…”

    “Ribbons…”

    “Whenever you finish collecting all eight badges, you go to the final tournaments. May goes to…”

    “The Grand Festival…”

    “And LaRousse is the City that is holding this year’s Grand Festival…So…”

    “May’s competing in it…but I already knew that…what’s this got to do with meeting Drew’s parents?”

    “Brock, just give it up. Mr. I can save the Pokemon world on a daily basis, but can’t figure out a simple answer, is just having a bit of a slow day right now.

    “Tell me about it. It’s not hard, Ash. She’s just really determined to beat Drew, cause he’s going to be there, and she hasn’t seen him in over three years.”

    “Oh. Do you think we should help her out.” He turned to look at May. “She looks frustrated.” And she did. And she also looked all the things that a strict business CEO should look, and not very much like a co-ordinator.

    ---

    “Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?” The parents laughed at her daughter’s surprised face.

    “What, we can’t come to cheer out daughter on?” Her mom asked, feigning a hurt look.

    “Mom!” But May couldn’t help it. She laughed. “But what about the gym?”

    “Closed for three days. With the annual Petalburg festival in town right now, that’s where all the trainers are anyway.”

    May smiled as her friends said hi to her parents. They had come all this way just to see her. She then grimaced. Losing to Drew was not the way she wanted her Dad to see in her first performance to him.


    “What’s wrong with you face, May? Have you just figured how horrible you look in a mirror?”

    Oh no. That voice. She didn’t dare turn around. Too late. She did. Very furiously. Her face was completely red and looked blown up. “Yeah, I have. Maybe someone should give you a mirror to get a scare out of you!”

    Drew flicked his hair. “I’ve already seen myself, and AHHH! Watch it!”

    It took May a minute to recover from the shock. A group of most likely Drew obsessed fan-girls just attacked him. May looked at the girls and Drew longingly. The girls were beautiful. As May cast a sideways glance at her friends and family, she noticed they were watching the scene play out with amusement, too. As she turned back, she saw two police men walk through the door, holding a blow horn. “Alright, girls, get off of him. Don’t make us call your parents again.” Various moans and grumbles were heard from the obviously disappointed girls.

    Drew smirked when he looked at May. She was completely scowling. “Jealous that you don’t have any fans, May?”

    “Yeah, that’s it,” May replied. Then mumbled, “That has to be it.”

    “May!”

    “What is it, Max?”

    “Since, all the hotels are booked for the contest, we’re going to stay here, ok?”

    “No problem.” May laughed. She didn’t notice Drew staring at her, intently. “But this is where we stay anyway! No big change there!”

    Max laughed, too. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

    “No, she’s not.”

    Drew turned around and put on the exact face of shock as May. “Mom, Dad? What are you doing here?”

    “Well, we happen to live here, but we could be mistaken.”

    “Alex! But anyway, this must be May, right? Your parents have been telling us so much about you. Not that we don’t here a whole novel from Drew every time he gets back, though.”

    “Mom!” May suppressed a grin as she looked at Drew. He was literally a tomato.

    “Yes, I’m May. But if Drew has been telling you what a horrible co-ordinator I am, just know that he’s comparing me to himself.”

    “Oh, no dear, he’s told us that you are amazing and, now that I can see you, I have to agree, the most beautiful…”

    “BEAUTIFLY! I said Beautifly, don’t you listen mom? Great, you learned your lesson. Good-bye now!” This was sight May was going to remember for the rest of her life. Drew acting like a babbling idiot.

    “Of course we listen dear. But nonetheless, we wanted to invite May and her family over to spend the night.”

    “Oh we would love to!”

    “Mom? We would?”

    “Of course we would. Now that’s settled, let’s go, shall we?”

    ---

    May sat on a rock in the garden of Drew’s magnificent house. It had an amazing view too it. Much to her disappointment, though, there was no oceans or waters surrounding it. It would have just been simply magnificent if it had. She heard footsteps. Her heartbeat started beating faster. Was it…Drew coming? Her face turned to look behind her. It was…Ash.

    “May, do you want any food?” She shook her head. “Are you sure?” She shook her head some more. “It’s really good.”

    “Yes, Ash I’m sure.” He looked at her strangely, then walked away, confused and wondering what he had done.

    “You really should eat. Can’t have you fainting at tomorrow’s festival, can we?”

    “I missed you.”

    “What?”

    “You heard me, don’t make me say it again.”

    Drew looked at her. He sat down with her on the rock. “Well, of course you missed me. Who else would do anything to just have countless bickering arguments with you. I mean, why would I miss the countless fan-girls when I have you?”

    May didn’t know what he meant by that. But she giggled anyway. He was right. All they did do was bicker. Did, though. She had thought that they had become friends last time they met, but she guessed that time made then go back to their old ways. Drew smiled at her. “I’m glad you’re laughing. I was afraid you would blow up at me.”

    May put on a fake act of surprised. “You? Scared of me? Pinch me, I must be dreaming.”

    “Well, if you insist…”

    “What, no Drew!”

    As they were having their little pinching war, Drew’s father walked on by, looking at the scene with interest. His son and May were rolling on the ground doing something together. And they both had the happiest smiles on their faces. He smirked. May’s mother and his wife were right to make them stay here together.

    Drew rolled May over so that he was on top of her. “Alright, May, since you asked for it.”

    “You know touching my arm isn’t pinching it, right?”

    “It isn’t? Well ,then if you’re so knowledgeable about it, you pinch me!”

    “Fine, I will.” She rolled up his sleeve, so she could touch his bare skin, and placed her fingers on it lightly, squeezing the skin with almost no force at all.

    “That’s pinching?”

    “Well, I don’t want to hurt you!” May blushed furiously, while Drew just gazed at her. He sighed. There were so many things that he wanted to say to her.

    “Here let me show you how pinching is done. Give me your arm.”

    “So you can hurt it? I don’t think so!”

    “May, just trust me.” She was about to comment back, when she saw the look of seriousness on his face. Reluctantly, she gave him her arm. But instead of bringing it to his other hand, he brought it too his face, and kissed the skin on her wrist.

    “Is that pinching?”

    It was now or never. May had never realized how much she liked Drew until this moment in time. He was staring down at her from his position, which May then noticed couldn’t be too comfortable, because he was supporting his body weight with his elbows so he wouldn’t crush her. She rolled over, so that she was on top. She looked down at him. He was beautiful, staring at her with his small version of his trademark smirk on his face. The green grass complemented his hair, so it looked like an emerald. “No, Drew, that’s not how you pinch.”

    “Then enlighten me, oh great one.” He said sarcastically. But then he went to tuck a stray hair out of May’s face, and keeping his hand on her cheek. “I don’t want your hair to fall again.”

    “Well, pinching involves the lips….”

    “It does, does it?” May nodded. She wanted to give him this playful banter so he could stop her before she actually did it.

    “Yes, yes it does. Pinching is when two people that really, really like each other touch each other’s lips with their own.”

    “Really? Then I guessed I’ve never pinched anyone before then.” A surprised look was apparent on May’s face. “Have you?”

    “No, I haven’t.” May could swear that Drew looked pleased when she said that.

    “Then it’s my turn to teach you.” He gently grabbed her face and started to pull it down to his. They both closed their eyes, waiting to see what the ‘pinch’ would be like.

    May shuddered in pleasure. She had never felt anything so, so sincere in her fifteen years of living. His lips were like rose-petals, making her wonder if he used them for his chap stick of something. They gently caressed hers in an innocent kiss.

    Drew didn’t know that this moment would be so phenomenal. They had been kissing their innocent kissing for over a couple of minutes when they both pulled up for air. Her lips were slightly bruised. Her hair was messy. Drew thought she looked radiant. Like a wild rose. He pulled her down for another kiss, this one more needy and hungry. What did one expect? He was a sixteen year old with raging hormones. His tongue asked for entrance into her mouth and she let it go though. The gentleness of the first kiss was gone, replaced with passion and hunger.

    An onlooker would have saw two people, making out, that were deeply in love. Which they wouldn’t admit to each other, yet anyway. But with the setting sun, on the green pasture, it was any romantic’s dream come true.

    ---

    “Welcome to the Grand Festival in LaRousse City!” A thunderbolt of screams answered to Vivian’s announcement.

    Backstage, May smiled at Drew. “You know you’re going down, Drew.”

    “Yeah, right, May. Yeah right.”

    Leaning on the entrance door, Saori smirked at them both, holding a wild rose that she was supposed to give to May.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Well...that's it. Short and sweet. Again...Critiques are very much welcome!

    Thanks for reading it!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, NY
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post

    “Pi, pikachu!”

    “What did you say, Pikachu?”

    “Pi, pika!

    “That’s better.” Ash seemed content with that answer.
    That was funny.




    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    “You guys really don’t listen, do you?”

    “And you do, Brock?”

    “Yeah, I do. Ash, we’re going to LaRousse City right now.”

    “LaRousse…Isn’t that where…Oh that’s it!”

    “I still don’t get it.”

    “Ash, that’s where Drew’s from…”

    “Are we going to meet his parents?”

    “Possibly…but that’s not the point…”

    But Ash didn’t hear what Brock just said…He heard the first word though…They were possibly going to meet Drew’s parents…so that had to mean…

    “Is May getting married?”

    “WHAT!!” Ash looked up, startled. Max looked really tall and scary when he was standing and glaring while you were sitting. “My sister is not getting married to HIM! Brock! Stop LAUGHING!”
    That's Ash for ya.^^

    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    “Brock, just give it up. Mr. I can save the Pokemon world on a daily basis, but can’t figure out a simple answer, is just having a bit of a slow day right now.
    It's true, Ash is saving the world but i probably as clueless than me, I'm pretty clueless


    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    “No, she’s not.”

    Drew turned around and put on the exact face of shock as May. “Mom, Dad? What are you doing here?”

    “Well, we happen to live here, but we could be mistaken.”

    “Alex! But anyway, this must be May, right? Your parents have been telling us so much about you. Not that we don’t here a whole novel from Drew every time he gets back, though.”

    “Mom!” May suppressed a grin as she looked at Drew. He was literally a tomato.

    “Yes, I’m May. But if Drew has been telling you what a horrible co-ordinator I am, just know that he’s comparing me to himself.”

    “Oh, no dear, he’s told us that you are amazing and, now that I can see you, I have to agree, the most beautiful…”

    “BEAUTIFLY! I said Beautifly, don’t you listen mom? Great, you learned your lesson. Good-bye now!” This was sight May was going to remember for the rest of her life. Drew acting like a babbling idiot.
    Buahaha! Attack of the parents' good listening!


    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    “I missed you.”

    “What?”

    “You heard me, don’t make me say it again.”

    Drew looked at her. He sat down with her on the rock. “Well, of course you missed me. Who else would do anything to just have countless bickering arguments with you. I mean, why would I miss the countless fan-girls when I have you?”
    I loved this part.

    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    “Here let me show you how pinching is done. Give me your arm.”

    “So you can hurt it? I don’t think so!”

    “May, just trust me.” She was about to comment back, when she saw the look of seriousness on his face. Reluctantly, she gave him her arm. But instead of bringing it to his other hand, he brought it too his face, and kissed the skin on her wrist.
    That was cute, to me at least

    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    The green grass complemented his hair, so it looked like an emerald. “No, Drew, that’s not how you pinch.”
    Nice description of his hair to the grass.


    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    “Then it’s my turn to teach you.” He gently grabbed her face and started to pull it down to his. They both closed their eyes, waiting to see what the ‘pinch’ would be like.
    That's an interesting way of putting it. Nicely done


    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    May shuddered in pleasure. She had never felt anything so, so sincere in her fifteen years of living. His lips were like rose-petals, making her wonder if he used them for his chap stick of something. They gently caressed hers in an innocent kiss.
    Oh, this was very well written.


    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Juli View Post
    “Welcome to the Grand Festival in LaRousse City!” A thunderbolt of screams answered to Vivian’s announcement.

    Backstage, May smiled at Drew. “You know you’re going down, Drew.”

    “Yeah, right, May. Yeah right.”

    Leaning on the entrance door, Saori smirked at them both, holding a wild rose that she was supposed to give to May.
    So, Saori knows what's going on^^ I loved this oneshot, you did very well. I loved how pinching turned into kissing, a nice flip from the normal.
    "Y'all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die." -Alaska Young (Looking For Alaska)

    Contestshipping
    <3
    Andrew James Vivelo
    eleven.six.oheight

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pluto, in a house of cheese.
    Posts
    21

    Default

    awww!!! so cute!

    Kaega
    My D/P team would be Diaruga, Cherimu, Kureseria, Enteperuto, Masukippa, and Giratina. I'm getting married to a man named Shuu Kimura,
    and yes there is a coincidence about his name being Shuu.
    Fic of the Moment:
    Red Roses and Maple Leaves
    Coming to a thread near you! ^^ If you haven't already noticed, Itachi Uchiha from Naruto IS my favourite character.

    Pic WAY too large, please read the signature rules.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    somewhere....
    Posts
    47

    Default

    It's gd, btw a little confusin, and also kinda funny
    keep it up
    ~Xanga~FanFic~Banner Shop~Request Shop~Website~Forum~



    [Current FavAnime: Law of Ueki]
    <Bishie~Susei Suki of Rozen Maiden>
    -FavMusic~Last Moment by Elf Kingdom-
    xFriends with~ Cecilia, Rainbowislands, FreedomX10A, Flareon etc x
    : Pair~Sneaky/ Twins:ShadowCloud62:
    ~Ships that I support~Contestshipping, Gossipshipping, Pokeshipping~
    *Banners: By Me*

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21

    Default

    *sniffles* Beautiful! A wonderful one-shot. It had hilarity in it, brilliant description and it was positively adorable the way Drew and May got together. =D

    Hope any future stories are as goos as this one.

    <3~ Jirachi_Lily

    Credit to Blue_Rakuen from LJ. <3~ you. ^^

    Read and review my AAML one-shot: "It Was Meant To Be"

    Lily's PokePet

    Skittles the level 32 Mime Jr.!

  6. #6

    Default

    Ahh... thanks!
    I was in a May X Drew mood when I wrote this sooo...I'm glad ya'll like it!!!
    I'm definately thinking of starting a chaptered ficcy though, just cause I love May X Drew.

    <3 JuLi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •