Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Trio Pokemon Club

Cool guys! Here is what I know.

Did you know?

-It is said to be the riencarnation of the north winds.
    -It can instantly pure the filthiest and dirtiest of waters no matter how dirty.

I always enjoy your trivia, Deputy55 . Are we doing a Pokemon for tomorrow? I'm glad you let us do this little activity each day. It's simple, but fun for everyone to enjoy! I'm looking forward to more Pokemon info!

Owner of the Japanese Language Club
    Loyal Member of the Arcanine/Growlithe Club
    Co-Owner of the Legendary Trio Pokemon Club
    Arcanine's Blaze Forums: Another Fun Place to Be

Anything to keep this club alive. I hate it when my clubs just dissapear. *poof* Thanks LA! Well I want to pick tomorrow's pokemon: Zapdos, Evryone got it? At noon tomorrow, go crazy with cool Zapdos facts!

Smile Zapdos #145

Time for today's Legendary of the Day!

Zapdos

Kantodex # 145

Name Origin
    Zap = as in "Zap of Electricity" + dos = spanish word for "2"

Japanese Name: Sanda, which is the japanese "sound word" for thunder (like meow would be the sound word for a cat in english).

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Weight: 116 lbs

Thanks, wel the due date is past for me but who cares!

Did you know?

-It usually lives in thunderclouds
    -While it flies, it makes crackling and snapping noises

That's sadly it. Countdown: 10 Days! Tomorrows pokemon will be whoever posts next!

Lets do Entia!
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer treecko View Post
    Oh, and on topic, I hate people who post annoying one liners that don't contribute to anything. Like Midnight Lucario and his "what is this i dont even"
    Put this in your sig if you think Profesco is hot (started by Ethan)

May i please join, my favourite pokemon of all legendary trio's is Articuno.
    Thanks^_^

Smile Welcome!

Welcome, Legendary Lucario! Great name, I wonder if we're related... . Deputy will have you up as soon as he gets time. I hope you enjoy it here!

Anyways, Entei it will be, pokeman4ever! I hope to see your post for him!

Yep, tomorrow at noon, post what you know on Entei. Welcome to the club Legendary Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy55 View Post
    Ok, welcome blackpearl! Spectacular avatar by the way! So do you want Raikou or Suicune as your avvie? Great job on Regice, LA!
    I would like Raikou as my avvie and can we do Celebi tomorrow by the way thanks for the compliments i usally get insults
    I am the Scyther King No can compare to his almighty power he is undefeated!!!

todays entei right?

I can accept Riakou as your avatar but no Celebi. Sorry but this is for the legendary trio pokemon. Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regice, Registeel, and Regirock.

I'll post my info soon.

Ok, here goes:

Entei (????, Entei?) is one of the 416 fictional species of Pokémon from the Pokémon franchise - a series of video games, anime, manga, books, trading cards and other media created by Satoshi Tajiri. Its main purpose in the games, as with all other Pokémon, is to battle both "wild" Pokémon, which are untamed creatures encountered while the player passes through various environments, and "tamed" Pokémon that are owned by Pokémon trainers. It is a Legendary Pokémon, meaning that it is both very rare and powerful.

Entei's English name is completely derived from its Japanese name. Its Japanese name is ??, which ? means flame and ? means emperor.

Japanese name Entei
    Stage Basic
    Evolves from None
    Evolves to None
    Generation Second
    Species Volcano Pokémon
    Type Fire
    Height 6 ft 11 in (2.1 m)
    Weight 437.0 lb (198 kg)
    Ability Pressure
    Entei is a large quadrupedal beast that bears some resemblance to a lion or a large dog (compare with Arcanine). It has thick brown fur, a long mane, and what appear to be metal rings around its ankles. On each of its sides is a pair of jagged "wings", while on its back is a white streaming pennant-like formation that resembles a cloud of smoke or ash. It has a facial structure between its nose and mouth that is said to resemble a moustache.

Entei is the canine embodiment of fire, being able to launch powerfully searing, hotter-than-lava fire from its mouth. An Entei is bound with pyroclastic fury which even its own, hefty body has a hard time restraining, and as such it looses parts of its extreme power and energy by racing around the land in a sprint. When it barks, volcanos around it are apparently triggered to erupt.Entei is a Pokémon steeped in legend due to its awesome power and traits. The most popular belief is that one is born everytime a new volcano erupts. A more prevalent legend, though, holds that Entei is one of a triad of legendary feline Pokémon that were reincarnated by the Phoenix-like Ho-oh when they perished in the fire at a tower in Ecruteak City (now known as Burned Tower). Like its two alleged companions, Raikou and Suicune, Entei is said to embody an aspect of nature, in its case the passion of magma and the ferocity of volcanoes.

Entei is similar to Raikou and Suicune in that it is a Roaming Legendary Pokémon, making it among the hardest Pokémon to capture. It can only be encountered in the wild after awakening it in Pokémon Gold and Silver and Pokémon Crystal at the basement of the Burnt Tower near Ecruteak City. After that, Entei randomly roams wild grass areas in Johto, not appearing at any sea routes or caves. Likewise, in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, if the player chooses Bulbasaur as his or her starter Pokémon, Entei will be wandering around Kanto in the same fashion after the player beats the Elite Four for the first time and has recived the National Pokédex. Entei is also available in Pokémon Colosseum as a Shadow Pokémon that can be snagged in Mt. Battle from Dakim, a Team Cipher Administrator.

At any rate, once an Entei has been released into the wild in a handheld version, it is completely up to luck whether the player encounters it in any particular wild grass area, like it is with Raikou and Suicune. However, once it is encountered, the Pokédex will show its current location afterwards, allowing the player to strategically track it. Entei will change to adjacent locations on the Johto map whenever the player walks into a new location or a building, following a set itinerary, and using Fly will make Entei change its position completely. When the player ends up in the same environs as Entei, he or she should search the grass thoroughly to flush out Entei.

Once Entei is found, capturing it is also a challenge. The player must attempt to weaken it as quickly as possible, as Entei attempts to run from battle right away on the first turn. In addition, Entei also knows the attack Roar, which allows it to flee from battle if it has be attacked by a move that stops a Pokémon from fleeing such as Mean Look. (However, if Entei uses Roar, it disappears from the map entirely) Fortunately, Entei retains whatever damage or status effects that were dealt on it, so eventually it will have received enough damage that it may be caught more easily. In Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen it is advised that the player uses the Master Ball for Entei instead of Mewtwo (who is also present in the version).

As a Legendary Pokémon, Entei has overall high stats, especially in Hit Points, Attack and Speed. Unfortunately, it doesn't learn many physical moves, which keeps it from its full offensive potential. Obviously, one can capitalise on Entei's Fire-type attacks, but use of Double-Edge or Body Slam (moves learned through in-game tutors) may also prove effective. These add up to a powerful Fire Pokémon effective in battling in-game trainers, though it is generally less effective in competitive battle than Suicine or Raikou. It is rivalled by the likes of Typhlosion and Arcanine, who have the exact same type and similar stats.

Entei also appears in Super Smash Bros. Melee as a Pokémon that can emerge from a thrown Poké Ball item (albeit rarely). It attacks using a powerful Fire Spin move in its area that heavily damages all who get in its way (except the Poké Ball-thrower, of course). Its trophy is also the battlefield for the second Trophy Tussle event match. When it is beaten, you unlock its trophy.
    Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
    Thanks to its legendary status, Entei is featured in the third Pokémon movie: Spell Of The Unown. A young girl, Molly, loved Pokémon, especially Entei. She compared her kind father with the noble Entei. When Molly's father disappeared, Molly unknowingly summoned the Unown. She used their power to wish for a new father. Consequently, Entei was sent to be Molly's new father. Entei then grants all of Molly's wishes, including acquiring a new mother. Entei then kidnaps the mother of the main protagonist of the series, Ash Ketchum.

Ash is later forced to battle Entei. Ash's Charizard returns from the Charicific Valley by his own volition to help Ash gain the upper hand in the battle. Ash then mounts Charizard as Entei engages them, and a spectacular battle erupts. Charizard is more evenly-matched against Entei than Ash's other Pokémon, and the two Pokémon throw everything they have at each other. At one point, Ash tries to talk Entei out of fighting and doing what's best for Molly, but Entei persists. Just as Entei is about to use an unknown, but powerful, fire-based attack at point-blank range (which would have instantly killed Ash and Charizard), Molly stops him, and decides she wants to live in reality again.

When the Unown start to lose control of their combined Psychic powers, Entei is forced to attack the Unown in order to restore peace. Entei then leaves Molly, as the Unown return him to where he was when they first transported it.

Entei has appeared in episode #261 ("Entei at Your Own Risk"), when a trainer tried to capture it. He planned to use his Misdreavus' Mean Look, but that plan failed because Entei countered with Roar (which is what often happens in the video games).

In the movie Spell of the Unown, Entei also left blue crystal-like structures in his wake as he ran. This may be because this was an "imaginary" Entei, created by the Unown, who also began crystallizing the surrounding area of Molly's Mansion.

In Spell of the Unown, Entei was voiced by Dan Green.

In the trading card game
    Entei has appered on many cards, all as fire-type Basic Pokémon in all the expansions listed below:

Neo Revelation
    Neo Revelation
    Aquapolis
    EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua (as Entei EX)
    EX Team Rocket Returns (as Rocket’s Entei EX)
    EX Unseen Forces (as Entei "star")
    In addition, a reverse holographic promotional Entei was distributed at theatrical showings of Pokémon 3: The Movie in the United States.
    Oh, and on topic, I hate people who post annoying one liners that don't contribute to anything. Like Midnight Lucario and his "what is this i dont even"

Smile Entei #244

...Entei is a large quadrupedal beast that bears some resemblance to a lion or a large dog (compare with Arcanine)...
    ^ I like that part best . That's a lot of good info (Wikipedia, right?). Thanks for posting it here, pokeman! O.K. Time to post my information for today's Legendary of the Day!

Entei

Kantodex # 244

Japanese Name: Entei

Name Origin (in japanese)
    En = Flame + tei = emperor

Height: 6 ft. 11 in.

Weight: 436.5 lbs

There were so many words! Good job guys!

Did you know?

-Volcanoes erupt when it barks
    -It is unable to hold it's own poer so it races across the land to get rid of the exert power
    -It is said that a new one is born everytime a new volcano appears

Smile Hi!

I didn't know all that, thanks Deputy!

Who's going to be our next Legendary of the Day?!

I dunno, whoevr says it next. I like to be fair to everyone else.

Let's tackle Raikou head on!

National
    Blissey - Raikou (#243) - Entei
    Johto
    Moltres - Raikou (#238) - Entei
    Japanese name Raikou
    Stage Basic
    Evolves from None
    Evolves to None
    Generation Second
    Species Thunder Pokémon
    Type Electric
    Height 6 ft 03 in (1.9 m)
    Weight 392.4 lb (178 kg)
    Ability Pressure

Ria=Thunder/kou=lord

Raikou (????, Raikou?) is a fictional character of the Pokémon franchise. It is a Legendary Pokémon, one of the three "Legendary Beasts" that are featured in Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Raikou's name is completely derived from its Japanese name. The compound element "rai" in Japanese means thunder (?). The element "kou" (?) translates to lord. The name could also derive from that of Raiju: a Japanese demon whose name means "thunder animal" or "thunder beast", and on whom Raikou is probably based. Raiju is depicted as a demon of lightning in the shape of a cat, badger or a weasel.

Biology
    Raikou is of the three Legendary Beasts (also referred to as Legendary Cats, or Legendary Dogs) of the Johto region. According to legend, the Legendary Beasts were reincarnated by Ho-oh from the spirits of three Pokémon which died in the fire that gave Burnt Tower its name. Another myth maintains that Raikou descended to earth together with a lightning bolt. Each Beast personifies a force of nature - Raikou, in particular, embodies the speed of thunder.

Like many Electric-type Pokémon, Raikou stores tremedous energy inside its body. This grants it extraordinary vitality, allowing it to run continuously across the land while shooting off electricity from the rain cloud that is on its back. Raikou's roar is aptly described as "thunderous": it is loud enough to create shock waves and shake the ground as if actual thunder had struck.

In the video games
    Raikou was first available in Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal. The player must first awaken it in the Ecruteak City Burned Tower, after which it will wander all over Johto, apart from caves and water routes.

After it is encountered in the wild for the first time, the player can track it in the Pokédex. It will follow a set pattern, changing Routes whenever the player enters a new area and moving to a random location when the player uses Fly. Whenever encountered, Raikou will quickly flee, but it will retain any damage sustained, until finally its Hit Points are low enough to be captured. If poisoned it's HP will keep lowering as it moves and it will faint.

In Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green, Raikou will start wandering around Kanto in a similar fashion after the Elite Four are defeated for the first time, provided the player has chose Squirtle as his or her starter Pokémon.

In Colosseum, Raikou is a Shadow Pokémon. It can be Snagged from Ein, Team Cipher's Administrator, in the Shadow Research Institute.

Raikou also appears as a boss in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Raikou also makes an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee, as one of the Pokémon that can emerge from the Poké Ball item. Once released, it will stand in place, surrounded by bolts of Thunder which damage everyone in their path except the character that threw the ball. Raikou also appears as a trophy.

Since it is a Legendary Pokémon, Raikou's stats are generally high, with speed and special attack being the highest, while its defense is the lowest, being similar to that of average Pokémon. Raikou is not very versatile; it mostly learns electric-type attacks such as Spark, Thunderbolt and Thunder. It also learns Reflect, which can serve to boost its defense, as well as Crunch, a powerful Dark-type attack. Because of these stats, Raikou usually attacks using Special Attacks.

An interesting note on Raikou's coloring: In the 3rd-generation games, Raikou's noseplate is white, but in the 3-D games like Colosseum and XD, it is blue. The same is true for its tail.

You can rent him in the Battle Factory in Pokémon Emerald.

In the Anime
    Unlike the other two Legendary Beasts, Entei and Suicune, Raikou does not appear in one of the movies. Instead, it is featured in a special episode called Raikou - The Legend of Thunder that now forms the first three episodes of Pokémon Chronicles. In the special, two Team Rocket agents named Attila and Hun scheme to capture Raikou and three New Bark Town trainers try to stop them.

Raikou has also made a sillouette cameo in episode #182 (Houndoom's Special Delivery).

Three of them happen to appear in "What's with Wattson" and "Manectric Charge". But they turned out to be robots created by Wattson to surprise the trainers.

In the trading card game
    Raikou has appered on many cards, all as lightning-type Basic Pokémon in all the expansions listed below:

Neo Revelation
    Neo Revelation
    Skyridge
    EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua (as Raikou EX)
    EX Deoxys (as Rocket’s Raikou EX)
    EX Unseen Forces (as Raikou “Star”)
    Last edited by Midnight Lucario; 21st September 2006 at 3:58 AM.

Smile

Sounds good to me! O.K. Everyone, the names in bold are the ones you can choose from:

Articuno
    Moltres

Zapdos

Entei
    Raikou
    Suicune

Regice
    Regirock
    Registeel

Edit: Hmmm... looks like I posted too late. Oh well, I'll post my entry of Raikou later . I'm sure Deputy55 won't mind. Thanks for your ambition, Pokeman!
    Last edited by LegendaryArcanine; 21st September 2006 at 3:59 AM.

Uh... I already did raikou.

Smile

I edited that just now. You posted RIGHT before I pressed my button apparently . Anyways, I'll be back later with my entry. Yay, Raikou!

Actually, I pressed EDIT before you posted.

Ok then well Raikou it is!

Did you know?

-It's barks sound like crashing thunder
    -It carries thunder clouds wherever it goes and can shoot lightning bolts at will.

Smile Raikou #243

Hi, here's today/yesterday's Legendary of the Day!

Raikou

Kantodex # 243

Japanese Name: Raikou

Name Origin (in japanese)
    Rai = Thunder, the rest has mixed possibilities (check Wikipedia here)

Height: 6 ft. 3 in.

Weight: 392.4 lbs

How bout we do Regirock next???

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast