Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2498

Thread: Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

I think i've brought this up here before, but I reckon that the sections for the older games need bringing up to speed with the more recent sections. I know that they were created when you were just getting around establishing the site, but I think that the RBY, GSC and N64 game sections would look really impressive if they had the professional and user-friendly layout given to everything since the Ruby/Sapphire section. There are also certain details missing from the earlier game's sections that I believe would be really handy to those revisiting the games. The updates given to the Puzzle League and Snap sections due to their Virtual Console release were really cool.

Please bear this in mind for when all's quiet.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 7th September 2009 at 1:56 PM.

I think all SPOILERS should be flagged up on "index2" by having them in Bold Italic Yellow text.
    by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

the name of certain item in some game information like Mystery Dungeon Explore of Darkness need to be change..as some item have completely different name and it's hard to collect them (species item)
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

Default Pokemon Locations

It wood be sweet if u could update with the pokemon locations soon so i can start to think up a team for when it comes out in US and if u cood find out if celebi is obtainable in this game

Default Optimize the Left Column on Serebii net

As more and more pokemon games appear, the left column on serebii net becomes overcrowded. From what I've noticed, some links have also been disappearing due to this. As a result, it becomes rather messy.

What I would suggest is to truncate the various stuff. With Each game having at least 3 characters.

For example:
    Video Games
    4th Gen - D/P ... Pt ... HG/SS
    3rd Gen - R/S ... Em ... FR/LG
    2nd Gen - G/S ... Crys

The dots represent table spacing since I can do that with bbc code.

And if you point your mouse over say R&S, you will see a message:
    Ruby & Sapphire

What used to take up 8 rows or maybe even more due to long names, now takes up 3 rows or maybe 4 if you want to include "Pokemon Main Game Series" above them. And I would like to emphasize on those games with long names.

Another example

Mystery Dungeon Series
    R/Blue Rescue Team
    Explorers of T/D/Sky

I would like to see that when you see a picture of a pokemon, you can click it and go to the pokedex.

for example:
    http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym.shtml
    here you have all the pokemon of the gym leaders.
    It would be nice if you can directly click on the pokemon and go to the pokedex of that pokemon so you can see his weaknesses.

Could you update Dawn's profile and create Kotone's? Your probably working on that anyway.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I tried making this suggestion elsewhere, and it fell on deaf ears for obvious reasons...
    Is there any way you could construct a RibbonDex for the 4th-gen games? It would be nice to have a list of ribbons with their locations, descriptions and in-game sprites (facsimile sprites would be fine as well)... And furthermore, could you include the ribbons from the 3rd-gen as well, with all applicable information? Thanks!

The Game Mechanics section needs updatingerizing.

Badly.

Hey Serebii, can you do a page on Pal Park for HGSS?

Maybe we could have the mini sprites (like in the top right image) of the Persona shown beside the full sized sprites in a conversion table at the bottom/top or sides?

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/multiavatar.shtml

Also, are we going get avatars for r/b/y and g/s/c sprites?

FC: 0475 0331 5081

Sincerely.. This place is very active. which is weird in a way.

You have good activity. But the site looks awful..

you know..this place could use a new look. And a better looking banner. o.o

Don't you guys have graphic Designers or forum designers? to give this place a better look?

The site goes for the simple look intentionally. Too fancy and it detracts from the site

The site goes for the simple look intentionally. Too fancy and it detracts from the site

it would be nice to make a walkthrough for hg and ss for people how went ahead and orderd the japanese one and the site looks just fine like it is lunikat.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it!†
    3DS Friend Code: 0259-0382-9559
    White Friend Code: 0218-1984-0639

It would be nice to have a music forum............

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

How about a trainer index for people who want to look for certain trainers or rematch levels for their pokemon?
    Last edited by 09Murphym; 3rd May 2011 at 12:29 PM.

I was thinking that something useful for the Pickup page (http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pickup.shtml) may be to have the name of the items that can be picked up, either in a list below or when you hold the cursor over each item. Doesn't have to be for every single one, but mainly for the TM's, Stat boost items (i.e. Calcium, Iron etc.) and Restoring items (Super Potion, Ether etc.) As I can never tell which one's which. Being colourblind doesn't help XD

We do have it so that the name comes when you hover over it...

^ It doesn't work when i hover over the items on that page...And also you say that the items are different in HG/SS but they are all the same as DPPt, and do not say what are different between the versions...

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbio View Post
    It would be nice to have a music forum............
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

Entertainment counts as muzac
    Hey, you, over there
    Keep the L up, 'cause I don't care

Yeah,
    L-o-s-e-r
    I can only be who I are!

Actually, I have noticed myself that hovering over the images does not tell what it is in Firefox, but does work in Internet Explorer. Maybe that can be fixed.
    Matt the Drat!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    We do have it so that the name comes when you hover over it...
    Ah right ok. Maybe it wasn't loading properly earlier then...Meh. My mistake. It beign something I hadn't seen before, I thought I'd suggest it. Sorry

::Edit::

Quote Originally Posted by Dratini927 View Post
    Actually, I have noticed myself that hovering over the images does not tell what it is in Firefox, but does work in Internet Explorer. Maybe that can be fixed.
    Maybe that's why I never noticed it. I'm using FireFox. Seems to be working fine now

::Re-Edit::

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pickup.shtml
    Just noticed that the D/P lists don't have the item hover names in FireFox. Maybe that could be fixed when you get some time?
    Last edited by LittleGuy; 29th September 2009 at 10:38 PM.

I really suggest that somebody re-romanizes the Japanese names for the Pokédex.

Though I guess it's an aspect of the site's spirit in a sense, with the terribly butchered romanizations being somewhat notorious, it's actually a pretty big deal. My primary example is when I fought someone using a Swampert nicknamed "Rugaji". He clearly read off the Pokédex and trusted the source, leading him to get the name horribly wrong. And yeah this is actually true; I'm not even making it up. It just happens to perfectly prove my point.

The correct romanization is "Laglarge", or "Raguraaji". Nothing like "Rugaji", which isn't even an easy mistake. Just fundamentally wrong, no less so than spelling "Wrong" as "Roomg" or something. Either way, it needs updating. Especially with the addition of the katakana to the dex recently.
    Last edited by Sarracenia; 29th September 2009 at 11:13 PM.
    Wow I'm in need of an updated signature.

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Not sure how many times this has been mentioned (Search function isn't working for me), but I think some sections need re-organising. For instance, on the main page, the games in the games section seem to be randomly placed. A chronological order would be a good idea. Also, in the games section, there should be some sort of order of the pages. For instance, you could put pages into sub-sections such as Game Mechanics or Story.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast