Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2502

Thread: Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

  1. #1426
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They aren't a jumbled list. They are sorted
    Oh, I see that now. But it would still be alot easier to find a certain game if they were organized by what series they're in. Or at least by consol.

  2. #1427
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    Oh, I see that now. But it would still be alot easier to find a certain game if they were organized by what series they're in. Or at least by consol.
    I agree, and suggested it before. While it's organized in a sense, it still takes a minute to find what you're looking for. It would defiantly be easier if it were organized by series.

  3. #1428
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Will Pokéarth be updated to the HGSS style? It's remained in the old DPPt style for ages since release. I've found a great tileset online.
    by Leyniar


    Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

    I'm on deviantART!

  4. #1429
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    Na I'm not going to bother. The whole map's going to be redone this autumn anyway

  5. #1430
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Na I'm not going to bother. The whole map's going to be redone this autumn anyway
    True, true. You'll need to add the Black & White region.
    by Leyniar


    Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

    I'm on deviantART!

  6. #1431

    Default

    Extremely minor thing this, but you should specify on the Pokéwalker guide that you can't unlock Hoenn Field before you have beat Elite Four and unlocked NationalDex.
    http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...ker-area.shtml

    Yeah, I realize that this should have been blatantly obvious, but in my exam stressed stage I had to pour all my blonde out somewhere, and I suppose the Pokéwalker claimed the blonde XP
    And I think that maybe other people might have this problem as well. Especially kids that are not Pokémon veterans and don't have full control of how the Pokédex system works^^,

    So yah. Minor suggestion, but in case anyone agree and you've got time^^,

  7. #1432
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    I doubt this will get anything done but it can't hurt!


    Would it be at all possible to get a navigation system better than "gigantic list of links"? The leaning tower of links may have worked in 2000, but it has not aged well as you've added 540 new games and 255 new TCG sets and 4 new anime sagas to it. It also works very poorly on game pages with large numbers of subsections.

    Some suggestions to that end:
    1)Either blatently sort games by gen(as in, have each gen be its own "section" like we have the anime/video games/TCG/etc. sections now) OR seperate main games from side games. I shouldn't have to squint to find, say, Ruby and Sapphire squished between various Ranger/mystery dungeon/Gamecube games. If you sort by side games, try to clump similar side games together(ie. all the Mystery Dungeons would be together, as would all the Rangers, all the Gamecube games, etc.).
    2)Move the movies/Pikachu shorts into the main Anime section. Have a "movies" link, and have that lead to a list of the movies & shorts(ala the lists of episodes in each saga). Or at least move the movies/Pikachu Shorts sections right below the anime section, because it's pretty silly to order things "anime" "video games" "(anime) movies" "Pika shorts".
    3)You know the lists of links in each video game page? For the games with more than, say, ten pages, split their listings up into sections. Example: HGSS is currently a bloody mess that makes it difficult to find anything not at the very top or bottom of the list. Putting graphics with "Pokemon", "Events", etc. to obviously split up sections would make it easier to navigate. Looking at it now, you already have things kind of split into subsections, but making those subsections more obvious would do wonders to make video game pages easier to navigate. And looking at the Ruby/Sapphire page, you actually did this once, and it really did make the sections easier to navigate.


    I know this would take precious time away from Project Mysterious Myster...I mean, Valhalla, and there's so much news now that you legitimately have less time to work on the site itself, but fixing the site's layout NOW will be easier than having to do it later, when you have more info to move around and more pages to update. And the layout has to be updated eventually, right? Right? Right?
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  8. #1433
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    First of all Serebii, I love your site. Definitely the best Pokémon place on the internet. However, I was just looking through your old game pages (before 4th gen) and they're really lacking compared to your new standards.

    Therefore, if there's nothing to do and no news for a while, I suggest you rewamp some of those pages.

  9. #1434

    Default

    I like the custom avatar idea :P But really, it can't be THAT much of a strain on the servers, it's not like people WILL use custom avatars if they're allowed to do so. Also, why hand all the hard work of checking everyone's avatar to see if they don't break the rules to the mods? There's a bunch of active members on here I suppose, so whenever they see something bad they just report the user to the mods and he/she will be banned ASAP. Or at least have the avatar removed.

    Also, name changes. A mod (I can't remember who exactly) told me name changes are only done when you have a typo in it, otherwise the servers suffer. Lies. It's not like 1000 members change their name every day. And even if that were so, you could make a new rule like 'You can change your name x times' or 'You can change your name only once a year, so think about it.' I would love to change this name, because no one knows me by it. Which is retarded because I'm a frequent poster on other forums, which I've seen some of you have account on to.

    Limit signature size to something small, like yours (talking to Serebii). Some people on here have signatures that take up almost my entire computer screen. If they really want to show off their teams/shinies/whatever, let them have a link in the sig, but not the massive images. And most of the times their posts aren't even half as big as their sigs. Which leads me to another idea: your sig can only be as large as your average post. (J/k.)

    Less mods. Seriously. It's like every member here is a mod. You say you need all of them, but that's not true. A forum I frequent is much larger than this one and it has nowhere near as many mods. What you need is about 10-15 real staff members, who do their moderator duties like their life depends on it. From different timezones, of course, so that every moment of the day at least 2 of them are online.

    That's all, I hope you consider my ideas
    Last edited by natie; 19th April 2010 at 8:14 PM. Reason: Bleh, am I really supposed to give a reason?
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

  10. #1435
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    1. The Custom Avatars would be stored in the database. This would cause more issues in the lag until we find the error causing it to happen
    2. Actually it is true. The error that occured when we seperated the forums across several servers actually has the forums slowing to a crawl whenever a name change is done
    3. We have set signature guidelines. I'm not going to force people to go with an even more limited space
    4. Every member here a mod? Wow, we have 110,000 mods. That's awesome. On a less sarcastic note, no we do not need less mods. If anything, we need more. We're not going to force people to spend their lives just searching through these forums considering we get many thousands of posts added each day. We have to have enough mods to try and cover each section so each major time zone is covered with Super Mods and Admins to do any clean up work across forums. We only have a few dozen mods. It's not many at all. Sure there may be bigger forums with less staff, but due to the nature of the franchise this site is based on, we have to tackle more immaturity. I also fail to see how having less mods would actually improve anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalman View Post
    First of all Serebii, I love your site. Definitely the best Pokémon place on the internet. However, I was just looking through your old game pages (before 4th gen) and they're really lacking compared to your new standards.

    Therefore, if there's nothing to do and no news for a while, I suggest you rewamp some of those pages.
    That's the plan. However, the key words there are "have nothing to do". Yes, everything before FireRed/LeafGreen is of poor quality, but it's not a priority.

  11. #1436
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvannia
    Posts
    217

    Default

    hey, Serebii. im not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this, but is it possible to update the Team Rocket Mechas page? i know that will take quite a while, since i believe there hasnt been a new mecha in it since Charizard went to the Charicific Valley (which i believe was about 5 or 6 years ago). if you do, good luck, if you dont, i just thought id mention it

  12. #1437
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    I was actually thinking of scrapping that section. It was fairly pointless, I can't even remember my reasonings for opening it

  13. #1438
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    I was actually thinking of scrapping that section. It was fairly pointless, I can't even remember my reasonings for opening it

  14. #1439
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    When did the moveset checker go live? I don't remember it. It looks great by the way!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  15. #1440
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    When did the moveset checker go live? I don't remember it. It looks great by the way!
    Originally? 2007. However, like most things in Game Mechanics, it fell into the sea of obscurity. Now it's back on the frontburner because I'm sick of people saying we don't go in-depth

  16. #1441
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    0

    Wink

    You could add sources to your news posts. Sources. Ever heard of it?

  17. #1442
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xl100 View Post
    You could add sources to your news posts. Sources. Ever heard of it?
    Yes, and I do?

  18. #1443
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Yes, and I do?
    Examples, please. Just one would be enough, actually.

  19. #1444
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    Ok, from the last week

    Saturday; Credited Filb for the pictures in Pok&#233;mon Sunday and yaminokame for the Movie 13 pamphlet that confirmed Black & White compatibility with Gen IV
    Friday; Credited the OFLC for the Pok&#233;Park news and the official site for the Lost Link details
    Thursday; Credited the official site for the Legendary Beast news and the Black & White screenshots

    I can provide much more if you wish

  20. #1445
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    910

    Default

    So, is Project Valhalla the new Moveset Checker?
    by Leyniar


    Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

    I'm on deviantART!

  21. #1446
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLupineOne View Post
    So, is Project Valhalla the new Moveset Checker?
    No? That was a page that received a long needed update.

  22. #1447
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLupineOne View Post
    So, is Project Valhalla the new Moveset Checker?
    No? That was a page that received a long needed update.

  23. #1448
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    0

    Default

    The thing I'd like the most, which doesn't really seem to be covered anywhere else on the 'net is a mailing list for Wi-fi/Mystery Gift events. I know you have pages up, but for me Pokemon is something I play periodically, and the events always seem to happen when I'm not playing and so not checking the site. So a quick email anytime something new is announced or released would be extremely helpful, preferably tied to each user's registered country so we don't have to be constantly reminded that Japan gets 10 times as many events as anywhere else.

    P.s. sorry if this has already been suggested, didn't want to read 73 pages worth of posts to check.

  24. #1449
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    What I would like to see the most is a TM location guide in the itemdex. All the games have their TM locations but there is no place to see them all together. I like to know if I can get a another TM before I use it and what TMs can be bought in one game are not the same as another...

  25. #1450
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    I've said the before, but I'll say in again: List of HMs and TMs that wiil/could be necessary for each area added to Pokearth. It would be extremely helpful.

Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •