Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: "This Site has stolen from Serebii.net" That what you're going to say? Post Here

Quote Originally Posted by TheFatJamaican View Post
    This is pathetic, unless you have it copyrighted or trademarked then you can't say it's yours. Like a layout for instance, you can't say it's yours Joe because it's just a fricken layout.
    Nobody is saying Serebii owns it.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by tomthepom View Post
    Nobody is saying Serebii owns it.
    The it can't be stolen then can it?
    "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TheFatJamaican View Post
    The it can't be stolen then can it?
    Are you refering to the Pokecommunity posts or this thread in general?

Are you refering to the Pokecommunity posts or this thread in general?
    In general. What does it matter if a site has taken something? More fall them if they can't do it themselves.
    Benjamin Franklin

Sorry if this is counted as spam.

But if you put time and effort into something and someone came, ripped it off of you, said they wrote it and never gave you any credit. You wouldn't be annoyed at all?

Sorry if this is counted as spam.

But if you put time and effort into something and someone came, ripped it off of you, said they wrote it and never gave you any credit. You wouldn't be annoyed at all?
    No, because I would know that I had worked for it, and that person is just cheating themselves.

And I mean't the internet in general, not life.
    Benjamin Franklin

In reality, NO ONE except Game Freak, TPCi and any other affiliate of the pokemon franchise own this information.

So why is it wrong if someone takes information from Serebii if Serebii has no legal right to it?

The writeups and images are legally owned by me. While the characters, games etc. are owned by Nintendo, they do NOT own my writeups and THAT is the issue

http://www.pokebeach.com/

has stolen pictures no credit

EDIT sorry Wild cherry I dint see you had posted about the same site , I only looked closely at the sites after
    Last edited by Ninetale; 8th May 2011 at 7:13 PM.

-----

Credit to thaBlob for the awesome team pose ad Fear the cuteness
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetale View Post
    http://www.pokebeach.com/

has stolen pictures no credit

EDIT sorry Wild cherry I dint see you had posted about the same site , I only looked closely at the sites after
    What pictures have been stolen though? Because if you're talking about card pictures, then you'd hopefully noticed the 'Pokebeach.com' logo in each of the card picture's corner.
    Last edited by tomthepom; 9th May 2011 at 10:44 AM.

You know, it's not actually "stealing" but rather plagurism. Stealing means to take something so the other person no longer has it. The thieves actually just wrote down what you posted on the site, yet you still have the work.

Plus, whats the worst that can happen when someone, let's say copies, the work into their own site?

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You know, it's not actually "stealing" but rather plagurism. Stealing means to take something so the other person no longer has it. The thieves actually just wrote down what you posted on the site, yet you still have the work.

Plus, whats the worst that can happen when someone, let's say copies, the work into their own site?
    It's not about what can happen, it's about the fact that they are benefiting from something that Serebii and his associates did, while the other party did absolutely nothing. It's wrong, it's illegal, and if you do it, you're a prick.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Actually, serebii is so popular that if another site steals content, it isn't a diffirence, just my opinion.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova

The picture captioned as "In-game map of the Unova region from Black 2 and White 2" was copied from the Pokéarth picture of the Unova region and altered to remove the Challenger's Cave and Route 10.

I know this because in the actual in-game map of the Unova region in Black 2 and White 2, Undella Bay doesn't have a green square - it's just the yellow line connecting Undella Town to the Seaside Cave.

Edit: Never mind this. Apparently, some squares on the B2/W2 Unova ingame map only show up once you've been there.
    Last edited by CharizardFire6; 2nd February 2013 at 10:37 PM.

http://www.collegedj.net/2013/03/07/...t-blue-stream/

http://www.facebook.com/CollegeDJ/po...51476436904378

Did they ask to use this line of pictures from here?

http://www.serebii.net/manga/characters-new/green.shtml

I have the feeling they didn't, considering for one thing that they called the guy Gary instead of Blue/Green from Pokemon Adventures. I happened to see this on Facebook and so I began wonder.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

These Forums:

The PokeYami Forums.

They have copied the The Infraction Points System.

They have quite cleverly copied and pasted, then just made minor edits to conceal them. For example, everything related to "Serebii Forums" is "PokeYami" there.

Note: They had also copied other things, but a certain member (I am not taking names.) saw this post and edit the "Rules" and "Trade Forum Blacklist" sections there to include "Started by SPPF" and "Taken from SPPF".
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 15th September 2013 at 2:03 PM.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    These Forums:

The PokeYami Forums.

They have copied the The Infraction Points System.

They have quite cleverly copied and pasted, then just made minor edits to conceal them. For example, everything related to "Serebii Forums" is "PokeYami" there.

Note: They had also copied other things, but a certain member (I am not taking names.) saw this post and edit the "Rules" and "Trade Forum Blacklist" sections there to include "Started by SPPF" and "Taken from SPPF".
    Credit has been given and I have permission from serebii if I give proper credits.
    So stop this please.

Quote Originally Posted by bleuumbreon View Post
    Credit has been given and I have permission from serebii if I give proper credits.
    So stop this please.
    yes. we apologise if PokeYami has stolen from serebii in any way, shape or form. if we have, and no credit is given, please inform me, FennekinBlazes, or bleuumbron through pm/vm, and credit will be given. thank you.

~Yami.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Pokemon Online has stolen content.

There XY images used on the game are all from serebii.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678