Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Signature Rules

You are allowed to put 2 on top of each other so they look like a full image, but they have to remain seperate imiages. Take my sig for example. Seemingly large image, made up of 2 images and 1 banner.

Hi, i'm new here so i was wondering if my sig. is OK.
    .:~*Steve*~'s Future Diamond Team:. .:Red's Current FireRed Team:.
    |Sun Wukong|Metaperuto|Gaiasaur|_|Auroura |Coconut| Dasher|
    ___|Aztec|Chrono|Egg Bomber| ____|Thrasher|Firebolt|Outrage|

Images in your signature that aren't banners CANNOT exceed 200x200 pixels. The image you had here was over that limit, so 's been removed. Please read the Signature Rules. PM me 2 b buddies! Thanx to lucario_rox and jackass 4 da TCs. Free Diamond/Pearl giveaway! Click da link to win da english gamehttp://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Hi_Hi_Dude17601

Quote Originally Posted by Hi_Hi_Dude17601 View Post
    Hi, i'm new here so i was wondering if my sig. is OK.
    Please post in the sig check thread.
    http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=147357

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

I used to have this 'banner' with a link to my comic series in it. Because they were separate images looking like 1 long banner so that you click on the end for the link, does that count as 1 or 2 images?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reno on MSN
    I Stepped Out And I Stepped In Again says (23:04):
    tbh I quite like the ting tings

Can you check if mines alright?
    —Ziakra

Quote Originally Posted by parasectdude View Post
    I used to have this 'banner' with a link to my comic series in it. Because they were separate images looking like 1 long banner so that you click on the end for the link, does that count as 1 or 2 images?
    2 images count as 2 images, it doesn't matter whether they just look like one or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziakra View Post
    Can you check if mines alright?
    It isn't alright, but please use the sig check thread: http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=147357

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News

ok. after analyzing the signature and of that of my signature, my question is:

i can have a 400x400 picture in my signature BUT in 2 parts of 200x200+200x200 and/or a very large banner consisting of 2 468x100.

In that case, my 500x200 banner MUST be split into 2 468x100 pictures and just stuck them together. Is that it?

If so, I'll be considered to have 2 banners. Can I still put sentences in to my sig?
    Last edited by Raine_Skylock; 17th September 2006 at 6:58 AM.
    "You think Life is that Easy? Think Again"

©2000-2009 club 「ECGR」, Chris Claveria.
    www.clubecgr.deviantart.com and www.friendster.com/destinycall

sweet! mine's ok
    Will trade cloned (but legit) Mews, Lugias and Ho-ohs in DP (the lugias and Ho-ohs are about 1 to three levels higher than when you would get them because i forgot about cloning till then)

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

yay mine's ok
    xXl Banner Made by Me lXx

[QUOTE=RaZoR LeAf;4167157]
    2a. Give Credit Where it is due

Art Theft is no longer tolerated on the boards. If you have images in your sig that you are taking from web-sites, that are not made by yourself, you must give credit to whoever created them. This includes any images that you have been made in the Fanart forums. [QUOTE=RaZoR LeAf;4167157]

what if we dont know the source?

Quote Originally Posted by yutss View Post
    what if we dont know the source?
    Then just don't use it...

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf
    Strike 1 - Partial sig deletion where the part breaking rules is deleted, and a warning is given
    I said it before and I'll say it again.

I got only one strike, and can only put 7 lines. Others still have big siggys. Why?
    -Sneasel Inferno-

Go Blue

I've said it a million times, but I'll say again. People who have not edited their sigs since the 7 line change took place have not been forced into it's restrictions. if you see a sig breaking the rules then REPORT IT.

:/ the 7 line rule is broken. It's stupid imho.

If you made text this small, like I have in the past, I was able to use 10/12 lines and it took up very little space. I then wouldn't have huge pictures

I have also seen people still breaking the rules. Like 3 banners >.> somewhere in fan art. Fan art still has ALOT of rule breakers. Well, they spawn the most there.

and I've just seen a mod that had WAY MORE THAN SEVEN LINES :/ I'm sorry but, this limit is just, very, very unfair. And if it's going to be still enforced, why don't you have it included in the rules :/ even if it's a forced thing in user sigs now.

Oh and the mod: http://serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=184

:/ yeah my own friend gets to be able to do more with her sig than I can. Not to mention several random users I've seen with personal avatars.

._. why does it feel SPPf has now become even more elitist.

Oh and btw: Myuu says she didn't even know about the limit, didn't get a warning for the limit, and can still do it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Yami Ryu View Post
    :/ the 7 line rule is broken. It's stupid imho.

If you made text this small, like I have in the past, I was able to use 10/12 lines and it took up very little space. I then wouldn't have huge pictures

I have also seen people still breaking the rules. Like 3 banners >.> somewhere in fan art. Fan art still has ALOT of rule breakers. Well, they spawn the most there.

and I've just seen a mod that had WAY MORE THAN SEVEN LINES :/ I'm sorry but, this limit is just, very, very unfair. And if it's going to be still enforced, why don't you have it included in the rules :/ even if it's a forced thing in user sigs now.

Oh and the mod: http://serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=184

:/ yeah my own friend gets to be able to do more with her sig than I can. Not to mention several random users I've seen with personal avatars.

._. why does it feel SPPf has now become even more elitist.

Oh and btw: Myuu says she didn't even know about the limit, didn't get a warning for the limit, and can still do it :/
    See this is exactly my point! The entire rule is broken, it doesn't work on some people yet people are still affected by it! If there has to be some line limit then 10 would be way better.

Some people didn't edit their sigs after the limit has been set, so some might still have more lines.

And just to make you know: I don't think it's fair either that the mods can have longer sigs and I want it to be changed as well.

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Headache View Post
    Some people didn't edit their sigs after the limit has been set, so some might still have more lines.

And just to make you know: I don't think it's fair either that the mods can have longer sigs and I want it to be changed as well.
    What I am saying is there ARE sigs that have been changing ATFER the rule was made and they have MORE than 7 lines.

Those are most likely people who belong to usergroups which don't have these restrictions.

Can you give me an example?

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News

What about chat quotes?

The quote in my sig is about 10 lines long, and I have no images so look how small my sig is.

I'm not posting to get my sig checked, I'm a sig checker myself, I'm just wondering whether there's an exception for chat quotes that are usually are a good few lines long.

-Fatal

I myself am happy about the new restriction on sig size. Before the new rule, I would be scrolling down a topic and some members sigs would be like almost 3 times their post size.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    I myself am happy about the new restriction on sig size. Before the new rule, I would be scrolling down a topic and some members sigs would be like almost 3 times their post size.
    Actually there was a rule for stacking:

NEW - The maximum height allowed is 420 pixels; this should allow plenty of room for whatever you place in your signature. Reference:
    :/ even with seven line limit you can still break it. And as I said- if everyone can't be forced to abide by rules imposed on users, then why have it at all? Hell, Joe's sig even breaks the rules- ie he has two images over the 200x200 pixel limit.

._. the rules are broken and useless if they come off as elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    This is not a Signature Checking topic.

Then why are you allowing posts in it?

Quote Originally Posted by yutss View Post
    Then why are you allowing posts in it?

Because some people might have legitimate questions?

----------------------
    {Bishie} Shinichi Kudou {Twin} Shigeru-Kun {Pair} Edward Elric

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Goddess View Post
    Because some people might have legitimate questions?
    Ah, yes.

(10 char limit)

How many pixels is two banners, and how many pixels is a banner and two pictures, both at max size?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast