Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Signature Rules

I don't mean to sound like a rule breaker but... will there ever be any plans to increase size of banners and images???
    Credit To Me For The Banner and TC. PM me or click on the banner to go to my request shop. Dante is my Bishie KEEP AWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by ř®??G? ??* View Post
    How many pixels is two banners, and how many pixels is a banner and two pictures, both at max size?
    Read the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by prince_of_persia View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a rule breaker but... will there ever be any plans to increase size of banners and images???
    No.

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

okay. Just checking ;D
    Credit To Me For The Banner and TC. PM me or click on the banner to go to my request shop. Dante is my Bishie KEEP AWAY!

It's stupid if mods can have sigs breaking rules. Same sig rules for everyone I say. It's not like "I'm mod so I must have better sig!!1!1one"
    LATIAS>LATIOS, LATIAS>YOU, GOLEM>LATIAS
    I'm getting so freaking annoyed of all the LOL LOOK I CAN EDIT MT TEXtXORS freaks I am leaving for a while. don't except to see me for some time. BTW why do you even have show signatures on?

Magikarp is good.
    CLONING POKEMON OR ITEMS IS CHEATING.

Mods aren't allowed rule breaking sigs. I've deleted mods sigs in the past. The fact that sigs are 7 lines ISN'T a rule, it's some thing that Serebii added without consulting or telling anyone. The fact that his sig breaks the rules is in regards to his "my site, I'll do what I want" attitude.

I'm still sorta new here, so I was wondering if I could add a banner and link to the shop I work for in my sig without breaking a rule

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Friend Code: 3523-1844-5527
    only use AR for playing with different pokemon as a starter when i get bored of the same three types on pearl (Hey, sometimes it's fun playing pearl with the choice of raising a spheal or misdreavus early on and ditching the piplup I've used for the 20th time!)

Okay, I need to ask. What about all these trainer cards? They don't fit the 2:1 ratio of banners, but the cards slightly exceed 200 pixels... How would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by M. Espeon View Post
    Okay, I need to ask. What about all these trainer cards? They don't fit the 2:1 ratio of banners, but the cards slightly exceed 200 pixels... How would that work?
    It's a 40,000 pixel total.

Standard trainer card = 228 x 148

228 x 148 = 33,744

33,744 < 40,000

----------------------
    {Bishie} Shinichi Kudou {Twin} Shigeru-Kun {Pair} Edward Elric

You know, I think the maximum height ought to be reduced slightly. It's still a bit too long. Most of the time, the sig would be twice the length of the post and that gets annoying, real fast.

Not to be disrespective to a staff member, but I'll pick an example. RaZoR LeAf's sig a few posts above. I see a lot of those from merely browsing around randomly.
    Last edited by Rashdan; 13th October 2006 at 4:26 AM.

Keep pictures 200x200 pixels or Smaller.
    can the picture be 400x100 or vis versa?

i can't see why it can't because they would have the same amount of pixels

Quote Originally Posted by Rashdan View Post
    You know, I think the maximum height ought to be reduced slightly. It's still a bit too long. Most of the time, the sig would be twice the length of the post and that gets annoying, real fast.

Not to be disrespective to a staff member, but I'll pick an example. RaZoR LeAf's sig a few posts above. I see a lot of those from merely browsing around randomly.
    >.> and you know my sig is as long as Dan's. And I have seen worse than just a banner and an image stacked. Try A WALL PAPER IN A SIG :/ you know if you hate viewing sigs so much use the turn sigs off option.

And I have ONE DARNED GOOD QUESTION- I have seen upteen+ rule breakers of this '7 line limit' rule and people having images way, way over the limit, or even breaking the hieghtlimit.

Who the heck do I go to point this out? I've tried telling a couple SMods but they can't edit sigs or something for some reason.

:/

^Just relax, if you like you can report the post and mention the sig. Calm down. And please don't flame me.
    Anyway, I agree wih the rules, if you have too much stuuf to put in your sig, just regularly change it.

~sandos
    Dog sex at noon taxes God.

Mines Is Horrible!! Ineed To Fix

^Meet Mistrini Credit To bert,The S.s Shop for the awsome banner.And The almost everything shop for the TC

This will help when I finally get off my lazy butt and make a siggy. =P

thats why one thing in my sig got deleted well now i've read them clear...
    i had 4 outside images T_T so i decided to take the 2 mew's away
    sorry for being a pain Mod's
    Skyward sword

diarugia is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

would i be able to put this in my sig i will take out the other ones if i can
    Last edited by diarugia; 26th October 2006 at 12:26 AM.

hey is my signiture ok? if not i can change it

My future Pearl team!

Credit to Arbok for the team picture!

Ask in the sig check thread, not here.
    http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=147357

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Quote Originally Posted by Yami Ryu View Post
    >.> and you know my sig is as long as Dan's. And I have seen worse than just a banner and an image stacked. Try A WALL PAPER IN A SIG :/ you know if you hate viewing sigs so much use the turn sigs off option.

And I have ONE DARNED GOOD QUESTION- I have seen upteen+ rule breakers of this '7 line limit' rule and people having images way, way over the limit, or even breaking the hieghtlimit.

Who the heck do I go to point this out? I've tried telling a couple SMods but they can't edit sigs or something for some reason.

:/
    When we make our sigs, it's supposed to promt us if we go over the 7 line limit. People in some usergroups, such as Fizzy Bubbles, do not ge prompted. I myself made a joke sig that said:

I'm Special. :o
    It's not neccesarily our fault. The 7 line rule is supposed to be automatically enforced by the forums, and it isn't always. :/ You really can't blame us for overlooking that little loophole that YOU get enforced without your knowing. Besides, it's not necesarily bad. From my sig's appearance, it only takes up 4 lines. (Text - Image -Text - Text), but in the coding it takes up more like 8/9 lines because of the BBC code.

But I go back to my point. It either needs to be forcefully enforced for everyone, or left up to everyone to judge for themselves (since it doesn't really take in to account things like font size, which though the text may wrap to two lines in the code, might only take up have a line in the actual sig.)

I've noticed a problem with uploading trainer sprites when i put the img200 tabs around them they change from this size http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...inersprite.jpg to this size

The IMG200 tag is only when you're resizing pictures to make them smaller.

Otherwise you just need to use [IMG]

I don't know if you can see it but it comes up as a box with an x on my cpu

Because it's an incomplete link. You've copied it directly off the page by highlighting it like text instead of copying the URL by right clicking or oepning it. It's go the tell tale signs of being shortened.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...inersprite.jpg

See those dots? They aren't supposed to be there. Half the link is missing. You need to go back to the original source and get the full link. You've posted it here once, and posted it correctly because we can see the image. Right Click on the URL, and click Copy Link. THAT is what you use.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f398/Demonday17/Jacobtrainersprite.jpg

Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 27th October 2006 at 11:27 AM.

Huh? howcome when I try to put a picture in my sig, the picture doesnt show! I put the correct URL, but I don`t know why.

If you are trying to use the "Upload an Image" feature, don't. That doesn't work. Put the image between img tags [im][/img] and it will work.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast