Page 213 of 229 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 5720

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I'll agree that it may foreshadow the Mera-Mera no Mi's appearance, but I'm not convinced that it means he'll eat the fruit.

It's not like Blackbeard's entire body negates the power of the devil fruit. Blackbeard's body is still prone to taking damage, since Yami-Yami doesn't cover all of his body. Also, Blackbeard has to touch Luffy for an extended period of time. That is not efficient considering how much faster Luffy has become. Plus, Luffy does have Haki, and that is surely going to be developed as we move through the arcs, so it's not like he can't defend himself other than the use of the Mera-Mera no Mi. And if anything, he probably wouldn't eat it, and would rather keep it as a tribute to Ace.

Luffy wasn't even fazed by Red Hawk's drawbacks. I re-read the manga pages right after Red Hawk happened, he went right away, took damage from Hodi's shark attack and punched Hodi with Elephant Gun. And then decided to Elephant Gatling not only Hodi, but also Noah. If anything, it's the combination of moves coupled with Luffy pushing his body to the limit to save Fishman Island, rather than Red Hawk as a standalone cause. So you can't even argue that Mera-Mera would help when it was a multitude of factors that took a toll on Luffy's body.

Uh...because, he's the ONLY character in the manga proven thus far that is able to use two devil fruits? I don't think Oda would back down on the rule that two devil fruits being eaten would equal death. Plus look at BB's Jolly Roger, If you're going to foreshadow Mera-Mera no Mi's appearance through Luffy's arm being fiery (as opposed to Red Hawk), then I'm gonna argue that BB's Jolly Roger is foreshadowing that Blackbeard may have the unique ability to possess at least 2 devil fruits (3 max). Where he will have a Logia (Yami-Yami no Mi), Paramecia (Gura-Gura no Mi), and a Zoan fruit.
    I never said that I believe that he'll eat it, per se, as well. I just said that it might foreshadow it. The keyword being might, giving a small opening for such an event, not stating that it 100% has to mean that. And anyway, forshadowings can always be interpreted in multiple ways until the event they foreshadow actually happens.

Okay, I'll agree that it might not have a direct positive effect on the 'toll taking'-factors, but it might power it up. That's a plus in my eyes, but I can see the standpoint from the 'purist'-perspective.

Yeah, the BB Jolly Roger.. That's the one thing, but we still don't know the reason why he is able to go there. The one thing we know is exceptional about BB is his body, and that he is a D. This alone sets him apart from the vast majority for whom the 1DF-rule counts, as the D is still a rare trait. If the D allows for multiple DF's, then Oda wouldn't be backing down on any rule he specified, as it would still have meant that the vast majority of double fruit eaters would simply die, while the D's would just live on, but haven't ever tried to eat two: until BB.

We're in the NW now, the big difference so far is that DF's are going to become a bigger part of the storyline then ever before.
    - Smile production
    - Zoan armies
    - Mera-mera no Mi becoming a critical plot point
    - BB going around murdering DF users as if he's some Sylar rip off (Heroes).

Sure, DF's were present in the first part, and got slightly touched upon during CP9 (with the Giraffe and Bubble fruits), and the Marineford arc being the catalyst for BB, but the NW-arc is taking it far further then ever before.

My speculation is that if Oda wants to make an amendment to that rule he created more then 13 years ago, then he can at this point, if only for D's for example.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Oh look, a tournament arc.

That's a new one.
    It is probably just there to lure Luffy in, and then crush him.. That's what Mingo said, and that's what likely is going to happen. He's no idiot.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Can't really see the tournament being an actual tournament, since none of the Straw Hats are gonna be purposely fighting in it. More likely, it'll be interrupted into a free-for-all. Good chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I hope this new tournament doesn't last too long; I've never been much of a fan of those types of situations and I'd rather have a chaotic melee instead, as that's one of the things that I like most about the manga. Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait until the next chapter to really see Luffy's reaction to his brother's fruit being replicated, although I'm sure he'll enter the tournament regardless.

I'm late in posting in my review...Sorry!

Ok, first off let me say I'm excited for this new tournament, will all of Luffy's team be in it or just Luffy and Franky? Why Oda felt the need to split the gang up at this point is strange, you'd think Zoro would be perfect for this HA. I can't wait to see Luffy's reaction to Ace's devil fruit, thats some thing I've been dying to see since we've known about it. I wonder when Dof will come in? At the end of the tournament I guess, the tournament could be to distrack Luffy's team from helping Law's team when things go down with that cuz Dof is no push over, I don't see things working out for Law this time. Team Nami will get caught first or second, team weakling won't get any good out of this, it will be Thriller Bark all over for them again :P

Over all, good chapter and can't wait for the next one, Oda you are on a role here.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I wonder if Violet will betray Sanji.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Congratulations, Sanji. After over 700 chapters of being turned down and being chased by transvestites, you finally got someone.

Great way to introduce yourself at the Waiting Room, Luffy. I wonder if the blind gravity guy is going to be in the tournament as well. Wouldn't it be fun if they met up in the finals or semis? I can't believe I'm getting so excited over this tournament. Then again, it's been forever since I've seen a tournament arc in manga.

Waaaay to short of a chapter!

What we basically saw:
    - Little chitchat about DF's, which we already knew mostly.
    - The group spliting up further.
    - Sanji getting manhandled by a woman that will likely distract him from their real purpose on the island.
    - A bit of exposé on the Dresrosa-law.
    - Luffy entering the tournament.

We didn't need this to be an entire chapter! Oda did a bad job on 703. For example, where was Kinemon? Yeah, poofed into thin air because of the writing being subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I hope this new tournament doesn't last too long; I've never been much of a fan of those types of situations and I'd rather have a chaotic melee instead, as that's one of the things that I like most about the manga. Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait until the next chapter to really see Luffy's reaction to his brother's fruit being replicated, although I'm sure he'll enter the tournament regardless.
    Apparently not 'replicated', just regrown.

You like chaotic fights? But not many of them have ever been that way? Just look at Arabasta, CP9, FI.. It's always a few vs. a few and from that point on the fights are pretty much set.. For example, if Brook fights Zeo, Zoro fights Hyouzou and Luffy fights Hody from start to finish, then I don't find that being part of a 'chaotic melee', even if there may be random fights surrounding them..

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I wonder if Violet will betray Sanji.
    No doubt, though I don't think 'betraying' is the right word for it. Leaving him with a knife in his back because things got 'complicated' is a far more likely way of calling it. She's already using him, so it isn't as if she's 100% on his side eitherway.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Congratulations, Sanji. After over 700 chapters of being turned down and being chased by transvestites, you finally got someone.

Great way to introduce yourself at the Waiting Room, Luffy. I wonder if the blind gravity guy is going to be in the tournament as well. Wouldn't it be fun if they met up in the finals or semis? I can't believe I'm getting so excited over this tournament. Then again, it's been forever since I've seen a tournament arc in manga.
    And more importantly, got some.. :P

I'm not excited about this tournament arc, I don't think it will last past two rounds regardless. Because Luffy is Luffy.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

@Locormus

Well, if what happened in the waiting room just now is any indication, I'm sure a few more people will be KOed before the first round even begins; besides, most huge arcs last for about 100 chapters at least, so we're probably going to have a few good one chapter fights. We also need to see the blind gravity guy in action at some point and figure out who's going to eat the Mera Mera no Mi. There's no way that Luffy is going to let someone lame get their grubby fingers on it.

i actually am going to enjoy this tournament even tho its going to be short :P we all know luffy going to be luffy and just fight anything to get that fruit. i just wonder if hes going to keep it as a memento or if someone will eat it . i doubt any crew member are going to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Then again, it's been forever since I've seen a tournament arc in manga.
    i assume you don't read fairy tail.

But this tournament should be pretty cool, if luffy ends up winning(probably will happen) I wonder what will happen with the fruit.

It's amusing how some people think that this "tournament arc" is a jab at Fairy Tail.

"Lucy" isn't hurting those theories, though.

Hopefully if it's a tournament arc, it'll be done better then in Fairy Tail.

Seems like a short chapter, but we got introduced to several interesting characters. Didn't think Luffy was so strong to flip such a guy without bulking up. And I wonder why Franky didn't enter, even if he didn't want the prize, it would have double their odds.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Hopefully if it's a tournament arc, it'll be done better then in Fairy Tail.

Seems like a short chapter, but we got introduced to several interesting characters. Didn't think Luffy was so strong to flip such a guy without bulking up. And I wonder why Franky didn't enter, even if he didn't want the prize, it would have double their odds.
    Oh, you're just saying all that because you want to see a concluded fight between Zoro and Sanji and find out who's stronger.

Fun chapter guys, fun chapter. Looks like some of us were right in Luffy actually caring for Ace fruit, or at least to the point that he doesn't want to fall into the hands of some one he doesn't like or trust, which I admire.

So far the tournament is starting off great, way to introduce yourself LuffyXD I love how he isn't using that devil fruit ability of his this one, that should be fun.

Zoro lost, poor guy has the worst sense of directions ever! Oh well, I'm sure hey'll get himself lost right into a powerful enemy to fight :P

Sanji, Sanji, Sanji *Sigh* I hope you know what your doing here.

Franky, this arc is making me love you more and more.

Glad it will be a while till Law appears, while I'm curious how Usopp and Robin will do against these guys with Law's ideas I've had my full fill of Law of the last arc. A Little break from the guy is nice, I hope Dof sees through Law and gets him before things go down, he needs this lesson in life.

Weakling crew, have no idea whats up with them. With all these plots, should be fun and intresting.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Lol @ Zoro getting lost. I also liked the scenes with Sanji and Violet since they were funny and I definitely liked how Luffy showed off his strength without really trying before the tournament even starts. Not much else to say about this chapter tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    What we basically saw:
    - Little chitchat about DF's, which we already knew mostly.
    - Sanji getting manhandled by a woman that will likely distract him from their real purpose on the island.

We didn't need this to be an entire chapter! Oda did a bad job on 703. For example, where was Kinemon? Yeah, poofed into thin air because of the writing being subpar.
    really? because the way i see it if you did one piece your way it would have more holes than swiss cheese.

-the little chitchat about DFs was there for luffy's sake. it's even drawn as a diagram and contained in one panel too. it's to prevent plot holes when luffy will encounter this knowledge somewhere down the road. oda has to mention this so as to not suffer inconsistency and bad writing.
    -branching plots that seem so far out are always welcome.

the chapter was this long because oda cares for side characters. you know, toy soldier, violet, sparta, random doflamingo mook, etc. he's trying to build a world. what you want is a newspaper. kinemon's location will be covered soon enough, don't fret. you should have torn your hair apart when the other two groups weren't mentioned last chapter. blind samurai guy wasn't mentioned this chapter too, is it bad writing?

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    really? because the way i see it if you did one piece your way it would have more holes than swiss cheese.

-the little chitchat about DFs was there for luffy's sake. it's even drawn as a diagram and contained in one panel too. it's to prevent plot holes when luffy will encounter this knowledge somewhere down the road. oda has to mention this so as to not suffer inconsistency and bad writing.
    -branching plots that seem so far out are always welcome.

the chapter was this long because oda cares for side characters. you know, toy soldier, violet, sparta, random doflamingo mook, etc. he's trying to build a world. what you want is a newspaper. kinemon's location will be covered soon enough, don't fret. you should have torn your hair apart when the other two groups weren't mentioned last chapter. blind samurai guy wasn't mentioned this chapter too, is it bad writing?
    Sigh.. If you're going to quote me, don't cut half of my lines out.. I just gave an honest summary of what we saw in the chapter, and you make it look (in your post) as if I thought that this chapter only contained TWO things..

I'm not saying that I can do it any better though.. I know what Oda's strengths are. We know where Fujitora is, he's in the stands in the colloseum. Oda is known for focusing on one group at one point, and then on another.. But I find it odd that in the last chapter, we still saw the entire group, leaving the café, and suddenly no more attention for Kinemon this chapter, while this chapter showcased the 'factory group', splitting off in several directions on the island.

So yeah, considering how Kinemon was a part of that group, I do find it slightly odd that Oda leaves him out. I'm sure that he'll pick it back up in the next chapter with a text along the lines of "Jeez, I sure lost track of the group", but if you're going to do a chapter about a group splitting up, then do it consistently. That's what I found lacking. I don't want a newspaper, I just want some structure.

Unrelated, I think we'll see Sabo on this island. I'm 50% sure! However, I'm only 0.01% inclined to believe that Sabo is alive and interesting enough. What I'm actually hoping for is that Coby gets to eat the Mera Mera-no Mi.
    Last edited by Locormus; 2nd April 2013 at 1:59 PM.

BELLAMY IS ALIVE!(Even though I thought he would've survived and that it was hinted at with his bounty being active)

AND JESUS BURGESS IS HERE!

I DON'T EVEN...

*dies*
    Last edited by playerking; 3rd April 2013 at 6:06 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Very interesting chapter. I kinda like this tournement idea. Makes me think of Dragonball for some reason.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Bellamy is the thing that caught me most off guard. Jesus...
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

only thing that got me excited is seeing bellamy again i really wanna see luffy destroy him again

What a great chapter, so many new fun looking characters and ontop of that one of BlackBeard's men is in this thing, wonder if Luffy will actually fight him? Or will Dof get in between the fight and take that chance to take Luffy? I hope, out of any one Luffy gives the fruit to this new girl Rebeeca, she seems like a person he can trust and she wants revenge against, I hope she joins the crew for a bit due to them going after the same person, it'd be great if she joined but I've had my hopes up before about some one and that did not happen, I don't think will ever have any one join again, which is fine by me cuz I love the crew the way it is but this girl looks awesome, however if she gains a crush on Luffy at the end of the arc than we won't be able to add her, no one of Luffy's harem ever gets to join *Cries* It'd be a funny situation though, Sanji would be ticked off all the time at himXD

This tournament is looking great so far, Bellamy coming back is shocking to me, I'm not one of those who thought he was dead but did think he was out of the story. I can't wait to see his reactions when he sees Luffy is in this thing, should be priceless HA.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    only thing that got me excited is seeing bellamy again i really wanna see luffy destroy him again
    I was quite surprised when I saw Bellamy. I honestly thought Doflamingo took him out. It will be fun to see the part he plays in all this, and how strong he has become. He seems like he will put up a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    What a great chapter, so many new fun looking characters and ontop of that one of BlackBeard's men is in this thing, wonder if Luffy will actually fight him? Or will Dof get in between the fight and take that chance to take Luffy? I hope, out of any one Luffy gives the fruit to this new girl Rebeeca, she seems like a person he can trust and she wants revenge against, I hope she joins the crew for a bit due to them going after the same person, it'd be great if she joined but I've had my hopes up before about some one and that did not happen, I don't think will ever have any one join again, which is fine by me cuz I love the crew the way it is but this girl looks awesome, however if she gains a crush on Luffy at the end of the arc than we won't be able to add her, no one of Luffy's harem ever gets to join *Cries* It'd be a funny situation though, Sanji would be ticked off all the time at himXD

This tournament is looking great so far, Bellamy coming back is shocking to me, I'm not one of those who thought he was dead but did think he was out of the story. I can't wait to see his reactions when he sees Luffy is in this thing, should be priceless HA.
    If any female joins, it better be Hancock. SHE IS THE ONLY WORTHY ONE.
    >is totally not biased because I loves Hancock pft~
    xD But, if Luffy does win the Mera Mera no Mi, I hope he doesn't give it to anyone. Unless said person has shown themselves to be the most awesomest person ever in existence. Maybe, just maybe, Luffy will sleep eat it. I mean, I know a person can't have more than one Devil Fruit power(Blackbeard being the onky known exception) but, I mean, he's Luffy. He could probably have two. I really wouldn't want him to eat it though. Because, he'd be way too overpowered. And it'd take the fun away from him being a rubber man.

I actually think he won't win the Mera Mera no Mi back.

Anyway, I sure can't wait to see what happens next.

add my 3ds fc maybe
    3DS FC: 0490-5626-2642

I'm kind of one of those people who doesn't want Luffy to eat it, I say just let him put it on Ace's grave as a last good-bye to him. To me, that'd be a touching way to end the Dof arc.
    For the anime, it'd be cool if they had opening 14 for a scene like that.

I wanted Hancock to join tooXD I can't imagine things would go well though *Sigh* She'd keep turning Sanji to stone and would go nutts any time Nami or Robin would talk to him or spend alone time with him. Maybe, would love it if she stayed with them for a week or like what happened with Vivi but.

Great chapter. I loved all the new character introductions and Bellamy's return. I was also surprised to see that a member of Blackbeard's crew had entered the tournament. Things are definitely getting interesting.

Page 213 of 229 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast