Page 220 of 229 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 5717

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

  1. #5476
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Doflamingo's relation to the Celestial Dragons is confirmed.

    I like that Vivi's family was brought up.

    Jora's an idiot.

  2. #5477

    Default

    I'm liking Dof's past, if Luffy defeats him alone like that the Government will even more eager to catch him, that's a big sin they consider and as it is he already knocked a few I the past, things are going to get bad for them when he gets defeated. Honestly, could see the ending playing out like Thriller Bark's, you know? Having to deal with a War Lord after defeating Moria? This is a big thing Luffy is messing with here, I mean big.

    Every things coming together now, wonder when the tournament will connect with the other plots? Guess soon now that Law's been defeated, Luffy was next on that list right?

    Finally we see Brook in action, was starting to worry about that guy, almost considered him a replacement for Usopp in the weakling trioXD

    Disappointed in Nami, hopefully gets redeemed later on but...Over all, pretty good chapter. Glad we don't have a break next week " Few "
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  3. #5478
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    I laughed at how easily Jora trusted Brook. I knew Brook wouldn't really switch sides, and I loved his comment about him not understanding art since he doesn't have eyes. I also liked Cavendish a little more after the way he defended Rebecca, and his reaction to being popular was funny. I love that Doflamingo's background was revealed a bit more. It's interesting that even with his connections to the Celestial Dragons he still became a pirate. I guess he really can do whatever he wants.

  4. #5479

    Default

    Lets just hope that the Battle between Luffy and Doflamingo will be a good Battle and not a push-over battle like those Battles With Cesar and that fishman(have forgotten his name) Btw I also wonder which character will be eating the Fire Fruit. I know that Luffy can't unless there one of those man- made devil fruits. It would have most fear if Rebecca got it, but I would also like Jesus to get it. But that depens of how strong he is. He isn't shown in a real battle yet.
    TO THE STAFF
    I found an error in my username, the letter w.
    Could I please change my name to Shiny Pokemon Lover? P.S I replase this text with a thank you line to the staff member who does it.

  5. #5480

    Default

    Unlike the past villains of the Time Skip, Oda has been hyping this guy up since pre time skip, power wise and plots. I don't see him being a push over, think hey'll be the first actual fight for Luffy. Finally Luffy will get to go all out and show us what he can do.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  6. #5481
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    Yeah I think Luffy will have a hard time against Doflamingo when they eventually fight. I mean we're talking about an extremely hyped villain here. Doffy's a Shichibukai which already makes him powerful, and even Kuzan said that Doffy is an exceptional pirate. That mysterious string power that he has seems to be more than enough to give Luffy a hard time and he also has Haki.

  7. #5482
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Just wanted to say that Sanji was epic in this chapter. Looking forward to Sanji versus Doflamingo.

  8. #5483
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Black View Post
    Just wanted to say that Sanji was epic in this chapter. Looking forward to Sanji versus Doflamingo.
    Agreed. Sanji being my favorite character, I want to see him do good for as long as possible. Zoro had his Shichibukai moment against Kuma, when he took all of Luffy's damage, or something. Now it's Sanji's turn.

    Aside from that, I'm hoping that that freak is going to construct a 'Barrier ladder' for Zoro and Kinemon.. Would be fun to see! xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  9. #5484
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    I loved this chapter because it was so chaotic and focused on several different events. I loved that Violet revealed that more Marines had entered Dressrosa; I'm starting to warm up to the idea of her joining the crew 'cause her ability is useful. I also liked seeing Baby 5 and Gladius in the palace. Also loved that Law managed to escape from Doflamingo and Fujitora with CC. I laughed at the heart switch too, which was predictable but still cool. Sanji vs. Doflamingo shall be interesting.

  10. #5485
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I really liked the part with Bartolomeo,it made laugh so much
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

  11. #5486

    Default

    I can't wait for Bart to finally meet the crew, that should be a good laughXD
    I'm not too thrilled about Law getting away like that, was kind of hoping for more damage on him, it's kind of annoying in my opinion.
    Poor Sanji, while I'm looking forward to the fight and hope he gives us a good one and shows us why he's apart of the Monster Trio, lets face it the guys not gonna win, that seat is reserved for Luffy but still nice to see I guess.

    LOL Zoro still hasn't done much this arc besides running around and getting himself lost, my guess is him and Luffy will finally fight some of Dof's men once Zoro tells Luffy's what's happened. Poor Luffy though, hey'll have to give up his brothers devil fruit to help his friends, what the heck was Nami training for those past two years? It's not helping her in right now :/

    Well, any ways pretty good chapter. I think every one will be knocked out by the time Luffy and Zoro arrive, I could see Dof trying to use this against Luffy some way calling him an awful captain for that, pish mind tricks seems right up his sleeves. I'm thinking this could be like Thriller Bark and have Zoro face what's his name who came for Law and Luffy's heads, kind of random but it'd give him an actual fight now and maybe show us that he's much stronger since than and win this time
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  12. #5487
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    I did think Bartolomeo was funny in this chapter but I kind of hope that his fanboy-ish behavior doesn't end up overshadowing his other traits. And as for Sanji vs. Doflamingo; I think Sanji's gonna go down easily. Doflamingo could probably cut Sanji to pieces without breaking a sweat and the fact that he blocked Sanji's kick in mid-air says something about his combat skills imo.
    Last edited by Lorde; 3rd October 2013 at 9:00 PM.

  13. #5488

    Default

    No, the fight With Doflamingo most likely won't be a puchover. And like some of you says, Sanji will probably lose the Battle With Doflamingo so Luffy can take him. Let us hope Luffy don't need to go away from the tournament, but sadly, it IS a big possibility he have do that.

    I hope one of the sentral women will join the Strawhat Crew. The One Piece cartoon needs more females to Balance it out. I would like both Rebecca and Voilet to join, but since they can't add two members at the same time. I'ts probably Violet, since Rebecca have no spesical skills or Powers, but I hoped for Rebecca, since Voilet looks a bit similar to Robin after my thoughts. But the strawhats probably won't get any new members now. We can forget the Idea of the Samurai to join their team because of his child.
    TO THE STAFF
    I found an error in my username, the letter w.
    Could I please change my name to Shiny Pokemon Lover? P.S I replase this text with a thank you line to the staff member who does it.

  14. #5489
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I think Bartolomeo is going to open the gate for zoro from the inside
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

  15. #5490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahazugiri7 View Post
    I think Bartolomeo is going to open the gate for zoro from the inside
    ??? I think Bart is going to help the crew in a lot of ways as the arc goes on, I have a feeling Luffy will have to leave the devil fruit behind in order to go help his friends and hey'll grab it for him, that will make Luffy so happy

    Honestly, wish more than one character could join the crew this arc, they've made so many fun characters, can't they have Luffy change his mind about that?

    Luffy and Sanji could get into a fight about that, over Bart or Violet joiningXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  16. #5491
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sugarcube Corner, Ponyville
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Sanji! Oh my! You are so awesome! *___*
    *Fangasm*

    Even though Sanji is my fave character in One Piece, I really doubt that he will be able to win against Flamingo. Luffy will defeat him, obviously. >.>
    Though I am expecting Black Leg to deal some serious damage.

  17. #5492
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Like Pie! View Post
    Sanji! Oh my! You are so awesome! *___*
    *Fangasm*

    Even though Sanji is my fave character in One Piece, I really doubt that he will be able to win against Flamingo. Luffy will defeat him, obviously. >.>
    Though I am expecting Black Leg to deal some serious damage.
    How awesome would it be if one of the competent supporting characters took down a main villain, though? I don't remember if that's ever happened, but I would love to see it.

  18. #5493
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    How awesome would it be if one of the competent supporting characters took down a main villain, though? I don't remember if that's ever happened, but I would love to see it.
    Zoro took on Kuma's brunt force/damage when the rest of the crew was down, whatever, but didn't defeat him obviously.

    I think Sanji will hold his own for a while until word comes from the mainland that the dwarves are revolting. Is DD seriously going to fight Sanji while his country is in turmoil? Maybe, but it would be best if he let the fight sizzle down.

    Sanji has one big advantage though: They're fighting above the water. DD isn't particularly frightened by the ocean, but one well placed kick while DD's not looking DD is drowning.. Sanji can then get away, and Fujitora can reverse the gravity to get DD out of the water.

    Talking about water, I've started to think that Bart is going to eat the fruit at some point, killing himself for the Strawhats. He's exactly like Mr.2, sort of. The main argument for this is the following:
    - Luffy will probably have to back out of the tournament at one point, probably because Kinemon and Zoro tell him what's going on, as well as the dwarves starting to attack.
    - Bart will say that he'll win the fruit FOR Luffy.
    - Luffy says that he's grateful, considers him a friend now, blabalabla.
    - Bart does extremely well in the following rounds and gets to fight Diamante.
    - But before the fight can finish, Diamante is called out of the tournament by the family
    - Because: Luffy isn't in the tournament any more, the ruse is over, and the real fighting has begun elsewhere and thus they need him.
    - This leaves Bart as the winner of the fruit, the crowd boos, but he takes the fruit anyway, wanting to deliver it to Luffy.
    - However, when Bart gets to the battleground, DD notices him with the fruit!
    - He gets pinned down by DD, blackmailing Luffy with the guilt-card, saying that if they don't stop, the fruit of his brother is going to be destroyed by him.
    - Luffy is obviously more worried about Bart at this point, or at least equally.
    - Bart says not to worry, that DD won't get the fruit, and swallows the fruit whole!
    - Bart loses consciousness.. And DD is annoyed as hell and throws Bart across the entire battlefield in a fit of rage.
    - Everybody is in shock! DD groans! Luffy immediately punches DD in his own rage.
    - The battle continues on. Law arrives at the field with the formerly imprisoned fighters and the Strawhats overpower the Family forces.
    - And THEN:     Spoiler:- Epic!:
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  19. #5494
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Finally we learn Doflamingo's fruit. String String, as expected.

    I do wonder what happened to Law. Maybe we'll find out next time.

  20. #5495
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nuvema Town, Unova
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Zoro took on Kuma's brunt force/damage when the rest of the crew was down, whatever, but didn't defeat him obviously.

    I think Sanji will hold his own for a while until word comes from the mainland that the dwarves are revolting. Is DD seriously going to fight Sanji while his country is in turmoil? Maybe, but it would be best if he let the fight sizzle down.

    Sanji has one big advantage though: They're fighting above the water. DD isn't particularly frightened by the ocean, but one well placed kick while DD's not looking DD is drowning.. Sanji can then get away, and Fujitora can reverse the gravity to get DD out of the water.

    Talking about water, I've started to think that Bart is going to eat the fruit at some point, killing himself for the Strawhats. He's exactly like Mr.2, sort of. The main argument for this is the following:
    - Luffy will probably have to back out of the tournament at one point, probably because Kinemon and Zoro tell him what's going on, as well as the dwarves starting to attack.
    - Bart will say that he'll win the fruit FOR Luffy.
    - Luffy says that he's grateful, considers him a friend now, blabalabla.
    - Bart does extremely well in the following rounds and gets to fight Diamante.
    - But before the fight can finish, Diamante is called out of the tournament by the family
    - Because: Luffy isn't in the tournament any more, the ruse is over, and the real fighting has begun elsewhere and thus they need him.
    - This leaves Bart as the winner of the fruit, the crowd boos, but he takes the fruit anyway, wanting to deliver it to Luffy.
    - However, when Bart gets to the battleground, DD notices him with the fruit!
    - He gets pinned down by DD, blackmailing Luffy with the guilt-card, saying that if they don't stop, the fruit of his brother is going to be destroyed by him.
    - Luffy is obviously more worried about Bart at this point, or at least equally.
    - Bart says not to worry, that DD won't get the fruit, and swallows the fruit whole!
    - Bart loses consciousness.. And DD is annoyed as hell and throws Bart across the entire battlefield in a fit of rage.
    - Everybody is in shock! DD groans! Luffy immediately punches DD in his own rage.
    - The battle continues on. Law arrives at the field with the formerly imprisoned fighters and the Strawhats overpower the Family forces.
    - And THEN:     Spoiler:- Epic!:
    That'll be crazy if everything plays out as you think it will or at least somewhat similar to this. I actually like it.


    White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

  21. #5496
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    I absolutely loved this week's chapter. It was so action-packed. I'm glad Sanji put up a decent fight against Doflamingo, but as expected, he was at a disadvantage. Law coming to the rescue was expected, but it was nice learning the true identity of Doflamingo's devil fruit; that whip that he created was really powerful and had a long range, which was awesome. And I guess Law really did have a personal vendetta against Doflamingo. I sense a flashback in the works.

  22. #5497

    Default

    I was kind of hoping Sanji would get a better job in his fight with Dof but that guy is a tough one though, Luffy's going to have to pull out all the strings to beat this guy, HA strings. Speaking of which, knew Dof's power had some thing to do with that, Luffy's fight with him should be more interesting. After Luffy defeats the guy, no one will ever under estimate him again muhahaha!!! Looks like we are scattered again, thought the crew would meet up finally once Zoro gets the news out to Luffy but off they go again on a new mission LOL. Wonder when Luffy's group and Sanji's will meet up? Luffy's group won't know where to look for them now, Law dying? Well, guess its possible. Just cuz the guys popular means jack, look at what happened with Ace...Guess will see. I'm getting a bit sick of Law right now, after his flashback in next weeks chapter lets move onto some thing k? Over all, pretty good chapter.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  23. #5498
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Oda is most likely going to spend the entire next chapter establishing what the connection between Law and Doflamingo is, because it was left on a cliffhanger on that note. I'm not too enthralled with the idea of a plot point chapter, but it needs to be done. On the same token, I wonder how Doflamingo was taking those hits from Sanji. I know he's not so strong that he could just take those hits, so I assume his DF had some way of softening the blows.

    Waiting to see what happens to the fire devil fruit. I don't want Zoro to get it, but think about it: if he does, then Luffy, Zoro and Sanji could use fire attacks. Boom.

  24. #5499
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Luffy, Sanji, Usopp, and Franky can all use fire attacks. We do not need a fifth person.

    Let's not give the fruit to any of them.

    ...Rebecca, maybe?

  25. #5500
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    Still can't believe it took almost 500 chapters for Doflamingo's devil fruit power to be identified. And re-reading the chapter, I'm kind of disappointed with Chopper and the others. They acted so helpless when they saw Doflamingo coming instead of trying to defend themselves. Oh well. I liked that Jora was prepared to die at Law's hands for Doflamingo though. His crew is so loyal to him.

Page 220 of 229 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •