Page 269 of 269 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269
Results 6,701 to 6,715 of 6715

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

The only real problem I have with Big Mom is her crew.

It's hard to get hyped when there's so many, and most haven't really done much at all. Remember how Bobbin was one of the first members to be introduced and he amounted to nothing? And when is Smoothie is going to do anything? Seriously, we don't even know the name of her Fruit, but we know Cracker's and Katakuri's.

But I guess it's fair since this won't be Big Mom's defeat. ...I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    Big Mom is the worst Yonko by far imo. She is dangerous no doubt but her antics make her look utterly ridiculous even for One Piece standards. Kaido has the tendency to become overly emotional when he gets drunk but his background makes him scary since he is someone who has been executed and imprisoned many times but still cannot die. Blackbeard has the strongest Paramecia and Logia fruits and destroyed the Revolutionary Army's base in Baltigo. Shanks well... everyone got scared once he appeared in Marineford with his crew and Whitebeard never took him lightly either. Compared to them, Big Mom looks like a farce in my eyes.
    How, exactly? One Piece at its core is ridiculous.

How, exactly? One Piece at its core is ridiculous.
    Not everything has to be utterly ridiculous though. CP9 weren't neither any other character during Marineford besides the Buggy gang. Big Mom throughout the arc has been doing silly things like dancing and singing with things that she gave parts of her sould like flowers, trees etc and killing flies while she sleeps. Also, she has done nothing thus far to prove she is the terrifying Yonko that she is supposed to be compared to Kaido and Blackbeard and the fact that she mostly gets scary due to her berserk state doesn't help either.
    Last edited by Darthlord7; 2nd September 2017 at 6:28 PM.

Big Mom acting like a whacky fairy tale character is kinda the point though, that's her schtick, that's this arc's schtick. She's introduced properly with a musical number lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    Also, she has done nothing thus far to prove she is the terrifying Yonko that she is supposed to be compared to Kaido and Blackbeard and the fact that she mostly gets scary due to her berserk state doesn't help either.
    I don't get this. What is she supposed to do? She's proven herself to be practically invincible unless under extremely specific circumstances. The only thing I see that's different between her and the other Yonko is that Big Mom controls a kingdom she created, where the people are completely aware of what she is doing and live their voluntarily. Big Mom isn't on some conquest of a kingdom like Kaido nor is she actively attacking others like Blackbeard to gain ground because she isn't new to the pirate world.
    Last edited by diakyu; 3rd September 2017 at 12:06 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I find it impressive how Katakuri stalemated Luffy's Red Hawk with a regular Armament Haki-imbued punch.

I am not buying into Pedro's death here. But even if he did, I will not rule out the possibility that this could actually be Pedro's last moment since it keeps hinting towards he's at the end of his life. Granted his death will serve as potential character development for Carrot. But gosh, Remember Pell? Albeit, Pedro has had more build-up towards his death than Pell. This is also the second giant explosion in the climax of this arc.
    Last edited by BladexFade; 5th September 2017 at 3:49 PM.

after the last chapter, i feel like perospero should have been a sweet commander instead of smoothie (granted, we haven't really seen much of smoothie so it might be too early to judge).

Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    after the last chapter, i feel like perospero should have been a sweet commander instead of smoothie (granted, we haven't really seen much of smoothie so it might be too early to judge).
    Smoothie has disappointed me thus far but till Big Mom Pirates cease to exist I will keep hoping that she will be more relevant and scary opponent.

So Luffy dragged Katakuri into the mirror world for a genuine 1v1. This is going to be good. Though likely a bit asspully given how the Cracker fight went.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Well, it seems that Pedro is truly dead but I'm not convinced yet. Luffy vs Katakuri in the mirror world. I wonder how this fight will go and how Luffy will return to Thousand Sunny.

welp, looks like pedro is dead and perospero is still alive. that's.....kinda disappointing. although luffy vs katakuri in the mirror world hype.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    welp, looks like pedro is dead and perospero is still alive. that's.....kinda disappointing.
    They weren't going to kill off a major hitter like Peros that way, what happens to Pedro is fair game, but Perospero can't go out like that. At least he lost an arm right?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Is this Carrot thing actually happening? I think this Carrot thing is actually happening.. Pedro being alive basically kills the first quarter of this chapter really. Pell 2.0 I pray not.

Does seawater conduct electricity? Carrot could end all this possibly......
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Pedro taking what Roger said to him then passing it to Carrot is definite foreshadowing, especially since it was juxtaposed to Carrot instantly failing to attack Dogtooth. Oda definitely has something planed for Carrot in the future.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

So I guess now we know why Carrot had a green cape like the Guardians despite being a Musketeer. Probably Pedro's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Does seawater conduct electricity? Carrot could end all this possibly......
    Yes, very, very well since it's an ionic fluid.
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

I enjoy writing.

Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

Staying off Serebii on 9/21 until I can watch the episode personally.

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Page 269 of 269 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269