Page 104 of 229 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5715

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Aside from that most translations and scanlations used haki, So it's understandable for people to use it as such.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

When Luffy used Gum Gum Rain they left Rain as "Ame". Besides, most translations have Iva talking like Dr. Frank N' Furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show, when he doesn't in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    "Ambition" sounds weird when you speak of people mastering it. That's why I prefer the actual word.
    But if "ambition's" what they said in Japanese (as "haki"), and they had no problem with it, why can't it be in English too?
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    But if "ambition's" what they said in Japanese (as "haki"), and they had no problem with it, why can't it be in English too?
    There are several kanji's for ambition, So maybe it doesn't seem strange to them. Or it could be like with me, That they just prefer using the word they were introduced with.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage
    There are several kanji's for ambition, So maybe it doesn't seem strange to them.
    The fact that they used one in general is why I'd still stick with ambition. (And if not ambition, then whatever more appropriate translates from "haki.")

Or it could be like with me, That they just prefer using the word they were introduced with.
    But if that's the case, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Blackbeard used the same word back in Jaya and it was left as it is.
    ... they used "ambition." (Or whatever they translated it as that wasn't "haki.") Unless you didn't read the series in order or something and you didn't read that Jaya chapter first, but you get my point.

I honestly think that if "haki" wasn't thought to be an important term in the future, it would've been translated.

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post

... they used "ambition." (Or whatever they translated it as that wasn't "haki.") Unless you didn't read the series in order or something and you didn't read that Jaya chapter first, but you get my point.

I honestly think that if "haki" wasn't thought to be an important term in the future, it would've been translated.
    They used the same kanji that haki uses, and it directly translates to ambition. They proved that by looking at the untranslated chapter.

Listen it can be said both ways Haki or Ambition. There's no law saying it has be either way either say one way or another but don't get annoyed at others for saying they way they like it. So just move on.

I can't wait for the new chapter next week, I wanna to see what happens next, between Whitebeard and the World Government.

Simple: Whitebeard trashes the Marines, then Sengoku turns out to have some sort of omgwtfbbq Devil Fruit power and engages Old Man Newgate. Luffy and his Baroque rejects/Useless enemy crew will storm the execution during the fight and try to save Ace, but are stopped by a high-ranking Marine (Perhaps Smoker) who Crocodile fights and proves he is even cooler than we first thought

Who the hell ARE all you people

Spoilers are out!

It seems that Marco is a rare crypto-zoan fruit user. He's a Phoenix man. He and Kizaru are equally matched.

Jozu grabs a chunk of iceburg and hurls it at the admiral box. Akainu melts it with his Devil Fruit powers. He's a lava man (spoiler calls him a magma man, but lava is magma that reaches the surface, so I'm calling him a lava man.)

Akainu tries throwing volcanic rock at Whitebeard, but he deflects it with his spear.

Oz has a decendant named Little Oz Junior who fights on Whitebeard's side. He is not, I repeat NOT a zombie like I originally said.

Doflamingo's legs seem to cramp up in the end.
    Last edited by Gentleman Skeleton; 18th August 2009 at 2:08 PM.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

Whoa phoniex man? Thought so! So can we have a dragon man in the near future?

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

So, Akainu's shirt is a pun of his powers after all.
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/24pcwfb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.*******.com/35hmmj4.jpg[/IMG]

Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the sprites.

Too bad Luffy and gang haven't arrive yet, But it looks like things are getting serious.

The best part is that Oz is supposed to be Oars. Who knew?

Akainu is not as sexy as Kizaru or Aokiji.
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/24pcwfb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.*******.com/35hmmj4.jpg[/IMG]

Marco looks like Moltres when he fully transform into a phoniex. It's a pretty cool DF ability. I can't believe Oz/Oars has a descendant. I think either Moria or Doflamingo will take control over him with their DF abilities & turn him against WB & his crew. Let's hope Luffy, Buggy, & others makes it to the battlefield in the next chapter.

WB has all the coolest pp in the planet.
    That means there aren't any good Devil Fruits left if I wanna be a cool pirate too?

The funny part maybe, if Luffy cs arrive, Kuma would be surprised to meet him again since he doesn't want to see his face again.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I have a question. Is luffy the reincarnation of GoldRoger? I know he is Ace's dad so it all boils down to if GoldRoger die before Luffy was born or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I have a question. Is luffy the reincarnation of GoldRoger? I know he is Ace's dad so it all boils down to if GoldRoger die before Luffy was born or not.
    Roger was executed before Luffy was born.

So it's official that Whitebeard has the cool peeps on his side?

I want the Phoenix Fruit. If it does what I think it does, I'll be immortal

Who the hell ARE all you people

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Torterra View Post
    Roger was executed before Luffy was born.
    Yeah so. Roger died before Luffy was born. In order to be a reincarnation of someone, that someone has to die first before being reincarnated. Rayleigh & some guy from Skypiea mention that Luffy has traits of Roger. So it could be possible that Luffy is the reincarnation. But only Oda-sensei knows whether he is or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    Yeah so. Roger died before Luffy was born. In order to be a reincarnation of someone, that someone has to die first before being reincarnated. Rayleigh & some guy from Skypiea mention that Luffy has traits of Roger. So it could be possible that Luffy is the reincarnation. But only Oda-sensei knows whether he is or not.
    I really hope he isn't, just because while One Piece isn't exactly realistic, they don't put in that dumb spiritual bullshit that can hurt other manga.

^ I'm sure Oda would be able to pull it off... not that I want him too. And it would mean that Luffy... is Ace's father...

Chp. 555 spoiler:
    Source: AP
    Verification: Confirmed
    Credits: Aohige_AP

Title: Oars and kasa
    coverstory: Nami's weather report in sky island
    (kasa is a type of buddhist hat)

The story starts out with Oars rampaging through the marines.
    He's about to break through their defence line.
    The giant marines say how they usually fight looking down, they've never fought looking UP
    They charge in to Oars Jr, but can't stop him.

Oars breaks through their defences, and the pirates follow him into the bay
    The first pirates to break through charges at Hancock, but she turns them all into stone
    She attacks with Aroma Kicks (Nja didn't provide with furigana, so we don't know what the
    move is really called, Aroma Kick is from the kanji)
    And the stoned pirates shatter into pieces.
    However, some marines got caught in the fray and shattered as well.
    Marines are questioning if she's going to turn against them.
    Hancock replies, she agreed to fight Whitebeard, but you men are all still my enemies.
    Well, other than "that man". You have to realize that. Forgive me... for my beauty.
    Marines become lovelydovey

The unstoppable Oars comes right next to Whitebeard
    Whitebeard advises him that bravery and wanting to die is a different thing.
    Oars Jr asks him (politely) to understand him, he just wants to save Ace as soon as possible

Whitebeard orders his men to support Oars, but Oars takes focused fire by the marines due to his size
    Still he gets to the square where Ace is held, but Kuma attacks him with Ursa Shock, and Oars is badly damaged.
    He has a huge kasa on his back, but that falls onto the sea.
    Oars stairs at it, as the scene goes to flashback....

Source: AP
    Verification: Confirmed
    Credits: Aohige_AP

second half of Nja spoiler

Ace: Because you're closer to the sun, I'll give you this kasa!
    Ace's crew: Because he's fire, he burned this thing up twice while attempting to make it... take care of it!
    The kasa kept him from getting wet in rain, and stopped snow from gathering around him.

Oars gets back on his feet, to save the gentle hearted Ace
    To at least take out one Shichibukai....
    He attacks DoFlamingo, but DoFlamingo casually dodges it, and flies up in the sky.
    He jumps to around Oars Jr's head, then cuts off his right leg. (with a powerful unseen string?)
    Oars falls down, but he tries to reach out to grab Ace
    Moria: Damn that ******* Doflamingo!! I told him I wanted his corpse, but he goes and cuts off his leg!!
    He creates a long spear made of shadow, and stabs Oars in the heart.

The chapter ends as Oars Jr die.

First part is all Hancock ruleeeeezzzzz
    Second half is all Noooooooo OARSSSSsssssss

Nja
    Sorry to cut you guys off...

Whether Oars died or not isn't clear

Hancock is trashing enemies up, but the only parts that's shattering are the parts that got stoned. There's some pirates and marines still talking as their right arm is crumbling, so it's not clear if they are dead.
    Boa and Doflamingo goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Chp. 555 spoiler:
    Boa and Doflamingo goodness.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

That's all I have to say.

strength with no brain won't win.

Except Luffy I s'pose, lol.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Page 104 of 229 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast