Page 116 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 5683

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

The chapter 0 stuff was real nice and was mostly set up for the movie. At least you get to see Roger's face clearly.
    The new chapter was pretty awesome. Luffy goes to confront the admirals head on while Whitebeard plans something with Oars. Luffy also shows off a gatling stamp move.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Really nice to see all the characters from 20 years ago. Moria actually looks fit. Buggy and Shanks are still awesome. Even Hachi gets a small cameo.

Chapter was nice. I see the conclusion coming soon though.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Oars return from the blink of death and Luffy distracts the Admirals. Can't what to see Whitebeard has plan. The cameos by the other rookies were nice too.

All I can say about Chapter 0 is that it's Pure Win. The movies gonna be great.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Chapter 565 was AWESOME!!! Chapter 0 was TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Man, I can't wait to see Strong World when it comes out!!!

Hmm I've been pondering if it's possible for luffy to sneak behind the admirals using gear 2 or will he wait for the big plan by whitebeard. He already has the keys I'm sure with gear 2 he can free Ace in less then a second.

Xanga |Last FM

Hey guys, looks like One Piece just broke another record. Volume 56 which is set for reease on December 4th is going to have the largest first printing of any other manga in Japan. They are expecting to ship 2.56 million copies to stores around Japan.

It was also confirmed by Oda that the series plot-wise is only halfway finished. Whether we can expect another 13 years of One Piece or not is still in the air.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

13 years?!? Seems a bit long. Not that i'm complaining if it happened.
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

Imagine how silly we'll look to still be reading/watching One Piece after so much time.
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/24pcwfb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.*******.com/35hmmj4.jpg[/IMG]

Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Skeleton View Post
    Hey guys, looks like One Piece just broke another record. Volume 56 which is set for reease on December 4th is going to have the largest first printing of any other manga in Japan. They are expecting to ship 2.56 million copies to stores around Japan.

It was also confirmed by Oda that the series plot-wise is only halfway finished. Whether we can expect another 13 years of One Piece or not is still in the air.
    He always says that. In fact, I think one of the times he said that was half the series ago...

Anyways... speaking of Volume 56...
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 1st December 2009 at 1:55 AM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Skeleton View Post
    Hasn't Oda been saying that exact same statement since around the time of the Skypeia arc?
    It should be taken as a grain of salt.

Or maybe, Oda is trying to tell us that the whole time he has been telling us that is just the middle of the series. One can only hope.
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/24pcwfb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.*******.com/35hmmj4.jpg[/IMG]

It's probably that he just keeps getting ideas, So the plot in his head never gets closer to the end.

I hope it won't be like Inuyasha or the likes that never really have ending.
    It's kinda make sense if it takes longer time consider the new characters need to be explored more... of course it needs to come w/ a neat story or otherwise.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Credit to FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the userbar
    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Short spoiler for chapter 566
    Luffy is attacked by Kizaru, while Aokiji uses his ice saber which nearly takes him out, Marco intervenes blowing Aokiji away with a kick. Meanwhile, the blades are finally turned on to Ace in preparation for his execution, but Crocodile blows away the two executioners with his ability. Sengoku appears to be fine(?) Crocodile shouts "I can take you down in your weakened state any time, Whitebeard". The situation changes, and pirates are retreating in the bay. The black Moby **** support ships re-emerge from the sea and the pirates take refuge. Whitebeard somehow launches earthquake attacks from his halberd at marines, who are instantly blown away. Finally Garp and Sengoku begin to move into battle end.

Hohoho we finally got to the main point in the fight. Even Sengoku seems ready to go all out.

Xanga |Last FM

ZOMG I cant wait to see Sengoku's powahs!

See, this is the kind of chapter that Tite Kubo would take 20 chapters to write.

YEAH!!! SENGOKU IS ON THE MOVE!!!

If he has a DF, I want him to have a Zoan one, but it'll probably be Logia.
    Last edited by Yellow Torterra; 4th December 2009 at 4:57 AM.

I would be real cool if Sengoku was a beast in battle without any DF power. Last time he and Garp fought together, They destroyed half of a city. Can't wait to see what happens this time.

This just in, One Piece is the top selling manga of 2009 in Japan, outselling Naruto (which is #2 on the list) by more than double.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

Sengoku's goat looks so mean. I think he'll just step back n let his goat fight, lol. j/k.

I don't think I will be surprised w/ whatever power he'll use later.
    And I dunno, Garp should be powerful too, shouldn't he?
    Last edited by Cutty; 5th December 2009 at 4:38 AM.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Credit to FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the userbar
    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Sengoku's goat looks so mean. I think he'll just step back n let his goat fight, lol. j/k.

I don't think I will be surprised w/ whatever power he'll use later.
    Dude, he's been seen chucking cannonballs more than double the size of the Thousand Sunny and getting rather good distance out of them. He has been shown to be ungodly strong, though I expect him to show at least an ounce of mercy toward his grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Garp's most likely equal in strength to Sengoku, Shiki, and Roger. I'd say he's powerful.

Well, a bit of news on the English One Piece front. It seems stickers will be available with the purchase of certain volumes which also revealled another little tidbit. The list is as follows:

Luffy: Vol. 24
    Zolo: Vol. 32
    Sniperking (WTF mate?): Shonen Jump #88
    Nami: Vol. 36
    Sanji: Vol. 41
    Chopper: Vol. 46
    Robin: Shonen Jump #90
    Franky: Vol. 50
    Brook: Vol. 54

Spoiler:- Spoiler for Chapter 567:
    Last edited by TsukiMirage; 9th December 2009 at 5:23 AM.

That's a fake spoiler, the real spoiler is essentially this:

[spoiler]
    Whitebeard vs Aokiji. Aokiji freezes WB, but it has no effect on him.
    Next, Whitebeard enchants his bisento with haki and attacks Aokiji, but it doesn't work on him.
    (Apprentice might be just guessing here? It could be just the earthquake power enchant like last time?)
    Joz tackles Aokiji, blowing him away. Aokiji's bleeing from his mouth.
    Whitebeard looks very weakened.

Meanwhile, Luffy is fighting Momonga and another Vice Admiral? (Apprentice isn't sure)
    Both the VAs are Rokushiki users. Luffy is getting pummeled.
    Kizaru follows up with his attack also, and Luffy is blown away to where Whitebeard is, and his eyes turn white.
    Whitebeard comments to him "You did a good job"
    Akainu appears. WB vs Akainu. Marco heads to Ace, but recieves Garp's fist.
    Garp: If you want to save Ace, you'll have to kill me first! [/spoiler]
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Page 116 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast