Page 157 of 231 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 5758

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

  1. #3901
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    All you speak of is Shirahoshi being this unstoppable badass because of her ability and that nobody could mess with the straw hats if she joined them.

    The legend never says if the princess will leave the island. Also do you think seakings can be everywhere? There is a reason they are deep under the ocean a majority of the time.

    Also if you aren't putting emphasis on the legend then don't go bolding it in a huge font.

    The ability Shirahoshi has over seakings is only so powerful. Oda would not cheapen the battles the crew fights by having a whole bunch of seakings appear at her command and end the battle for the straw hats by intimidation or numbers. That for the weaker crews who only have numbers to their name.

  2. #3902
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    talking about how strong they would be on the ocean, which they would, only an idiot would doubt that, seakings could swallow ships whole or sink them in like a half a second. its also been said how dangerous her ability is, i dont think im overestimating it one bit

    o yes because im SURE the legend means he will guide shirahoshi to all the fishmen island restaurants /facepalm.

    i put it in bigger font because i wanted to know who he would think would guide her if not luffy

    and i dont expect her to use it all of the time, as said strawhats are small, if they are getting attacked by a alot of ships on the ocean, i would except seakings if they dont want to waste coup de burst or cant use it. plus i could imagine maybe luffy/zoro/sanji riding one smashing ships if the seakings already dont swallow ships whole, it depends who they are facing on the water or how many there are
    Last edited by Fa7e; 13th June 2011 at 1:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  3. #3903
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    hachi's not joining, hes got his little food stand with keimi and pappug and is happy how he is, and once again a cook and swordsman, stuff SH's already have but an incredibly weak one compared to sanji/zoro and is also incredibly useless compared to what jinbei and shirahoshi have to offer, "Shirahosh is a princess with absolutley no real world experience or reason to become a pirate" i will explain all that below
    Considering Hachi spent a year protecting their ship, he's clearly not tied down to anything. And again, just because he has skills in common with the other doesn't mean he can't preform another role. By that logic, Brook wouldn't have joined because they already had a swordsmen and Franky wouldn't because they had Ussop fixing the ship. Hachi wouldn't be limited to only those skills.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    your treating it as if its not going to be any different/more dangerous than the grandline, if she joins the crew she will obvious learn how to control them, she has not idea of the ability, when told. luffy will teach her to control it, or her dad or someone else, its just like some other fishmen can control sea life like jinbei and his whales, shirahoshi has the seakings, she just has to learn how to control them, and once she does.....do u honestly think seakings wont help? if the strawhats had command of seakings they would practically dominate the ocean once she can fully command alot of sea kings. if she cant control them, which she obviously will, then all luffy would have to do is CoC on them when she calls them, but she can control them
    The dangers would be relative. It would be as dangerous as the Grandline was in the sense that they just spent the last two years growing strong enough to singlehandly take out a Pacifista, who is capable of taking out an entire crew. Anyway, we have seen that it takes about a year or so to master Haki. Luffy would be a terrible teacher and the Straw Hats aren't gonna wait around for a year so Shirahoshi can train. And no, I really doubt Sea Kings would be any help for the simple fact that their battles would logically take place on dry land. Look at all their previous battles. How many of those battles took place at sea? Answer, less then four out of fifty some. Not to mention, that considering the Marines have ways to get around wild Sea Kings, obviously they would not be at that much of a disadvantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    you dont know that the majority will take place on land here, and i dont know if alot will be on the ocean, thats something we'll just have to see. and not really, CoO being past down to her daughter would make sense and we have seen before haki getting past down through birth, expecially if she joins them. and honestly i dont think she will fight alot if hardly any, in the water she will use seakings and if shes getting attack, CoO, problem solved, its a perfect match, she doesnt really have to fight herself. if someone like her has strong CoO she will be incredibly powerful with her abilitys and wouldnt need luffys protection
    Of course the majority will take place on land. Not only is that they only way for Oda to show off complete fights, but their entire purpose is land on the various islands inbetween. It would be nearly impossible for them to have individual fights to show off skills while on the sea. It's questionable whether she would even be able to dodge an attack considering her size, much less whether she could use it in battle and if she joins the crew, she would have to fight. Every crew member ends up fighting when they get involved in battles, so her joining would be meaningless if she can't fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    straw hats would have a huge problem against Sanjuan Wolf if he accually is a Wadatatsu and each strawhat will have to fight their own BB Pirate, wolf is hoshi's. im not worried about this at all, they will fight the BB Pirates at the end, and by then shirahoshi will know how to fight, have control over seakings, and have an extremely high CoO, thats a given if she joins, against Wolf i can imagine she will be having seakings help her while using CoO to avoid wolf and hit him when she can, i dont really know whats going to happen thats just my imagination but can you blame me? were not even close to the end.
    Why would they have a huge problem? They were able to handle giants two years ago when they were much weaker and were able to completely own the much larger Kraken while underwater. There's absolutely no reason to think they would require their own giant to fight Sanjuan Wolf when they were shown fully capable of doing so themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    im not just talking about marines, in the new world expecially with their small crew, it is going to be alot more troublesome for them and way more threats, with seakings, none really, and once people learned they can control sea kings, no one would **** with them on the ocean except the topest of the topest of the top tiers
    Because we weren't show that they have ways to get around dealing with Sea Kings, like using seastones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    this is just false, not right away obviously people will think shes just a basic pirate/old princess that turned bad, but once again, we know luffy with the help of the Revolutionaries and probably other allies he will have assembled by the end, will change the world, and with Shirahoshi, fishmen discrimination at the end, luffy has a great gift as said to make everyone his friend and once he gets the one piece, him along with all of his allies are going to change everything. she has every reason to join, she curious about the world, has one of the most powerfull abilities in the world and is not gunna sit her *** at the palace as a princess, and in luffy's crew, is the perfect place to be if you want to change the world: fight fishmen discrimination. and if not luffy, which it clearly is, who do you think is the person that will guide her from the legend? this is the main thing i want you to answer. seriously she already trusts luffy and hes the P E R F E C T match
    You clearly missed the point. You seem to have it in your head that she's gonna be spending time spreading her mothers idea, which isn't gonna be the case if she's on a pirate crew. Instead, she's gonna be spending most of the time fighting and dealing with the Marines and such while normal citizens fear her. So if Shirahoshi wouldn't get around to fighting fishman discrimination until after they find one piece and change the world, what's the point of her joining the crew when doing so wouldn't help her fight fishman discrimination at all? She wouldn't need to be with the crew to fulfill such a goal. In fact, being a part of the crew would be more detrimental then acting on her own. We saw all this with Tiger Fisher, how he was making things worst by being a pirate even though he wanted the same thing. She would have more luck doing so away from the Straw Hats, especially with the much waited Reverie coming up.

    You realize guiding someone doesn't mean you actually have to take them along. You can guide someone simply by pointing them in the right direction. Like what happen with Cody, Vivi, Dalton, and others.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  4. #3904
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Considering Hachi spent a year protecting their ship, he's clearly not tied down to anything. And again, just because he has skills in common with the other doesn't mean he can't preform another role. By that logic, Brook wouldn't have joined because they already had a swordsmen and Franky wouldn't because they had Ussop fixing the ship. Hachi wouldn't be limited to only those skills.

    Brook is a musician, is Zoro? Usopp blows at fixing ships, it has been said, Franky is beast at fixing ships.

    The dangers would be relative. It would be as dangerous as the Grandline was in the sense that they just spent the last two years growing strong enough to singlehandly take out a Pacifista, who is capable of taking out an entire crew. Anyway, we have seen that it takes about a year or so to master Haki. Luffy would be a terrible teacher and the Straw Hats aren't gonna wait around for a year so Shirahoshi can train. And no, I really doubt Sea Kings would be any help for the simple fact that their battles would logically take place on dry land. Look at all their previous battles. How many of those battles took place at sea? Answer, less then four out of fifty some. Not to mention, that considering the Marines have ways to get around wild Sea Kings, obviously they would not be at that much of a disadvantage.

    i think Shirahoshi will already awaken CoO to a high level which has happened to people and luffy will just help her with the basic or nothing, but she'll be fine. Marines have ways to get around WILD seakings, these arent wild, they would be being controlled. im not talking about like Arc boss battles or anything, just battles that will take place on the ocean (obviously, they cant walk) which i do think there will be ALOT more of here. plus u still have to get to islands which is one of the main things and theres ussually a ton of crazy **** that happens durring these times which sea kings would help with

    Of course the majority will take place on land. Not only is that they only way for Oda to show off complete fights, but their entire purpose is land on the various islands inbetween. It would be nearly impossible for them to have individual fights to show off skills while on the sea. It's questionable whether she would even be able to dodge an attack considering her size, much less whether she could use it in battle and if she joins the crew, she would have to fight. Every crew member ends up fighting when they get involved in battles, so her joining would be meaningless if she can't fight.

    ya i know the majority will take place on land, idk wtf i said, and i dont know why u said it would be hard for her to dodge an attack when we have been talking about her with CoO -_- the land thing is the only thing im not sure about, i do think they will the Casket and can age her to grow legs when she wants to go on land and then change back, but shes HUGE, which could be a probably and just CoO and superhuman strength might not be enough, i dont think she will fight alot as said, just be able to hold her own until someone else kicks the persons ***, im not sure.

    Why would they have a huge problem? They were able to handle giants two years ago when they were much weaker and were able to completely own the much larger Kraken while underwater. There's absolutely no reason to think they would require their own giant to fight Sanjuan Wolf when they were shown fully capable of doing so themselves.

    he would be a huge problem because hes a Wadatatsu, this isnt comfirmed buts its obvious, u havent said u disagree he is either, an underwater battle is obvious with him, and it wont be all the strawhats vs him, it will be a 1v1, all the strawhats will fight a BB Pirate. Shirahoshi is the best match being really big and a mermaid, and even though Wolf is massive, she has seakings to help

    Because we weren't show that they have ways to get around dealing with Sea Kings, like using seastones?

    there are ways around seakings and people can beat them, but a ton of controlled seakings + plus strawhats would be incredibly hard to deal with

    You clearly missed the point. You seem to have it in your head that she's gonna be spending time spreading her mothers idea, which isn't gonna be the case if she's on a pirate crew. Instead, she's gonna be spending most of the time fighting and dealing with the Marines and such while normal citizens fear her. So if Shirahoshi wouldn't get around to fighting fishman discrimination until after they find one piece and change the world, what's the point of her joining the crew when doing so wouldn't help her fight fishman discrimination at all? She wouldn't need to be with the crew to fulfill such a goal. In fact, being a part of the crew would be more detrimental then acting on her own. We saw all this with Tiger Fisher, how he was making things worst by being a pirate even though he wanted the same thing. She would have more luck doing so away from the Straw Hats, especially with the much waited Reverie coming up.

    she wouldnt be better on her own, she would die, and luffy is different than most pirates and according to Mihawk, which is true, has one of the most dangerous abilities in the world - turning anyone around him into allies, including former enemies. were she goes with them she might be treated along with them like your everyday evil pirate, but like every other place the SH's go pretty much, everyone grows to like them and becomes their allies, so yes, travelling with them, expecially them of all people, would be good and help.

    You realize guiding someone doesn't mean you actually have to take them along. You can guide someone simply by pointing them in the right direction. Like what happen with Cody, Vivi, Dalton, and others.

    yes i do realize this, and she could only join for a little while, but fishmen discrimination isnt going to change overnight, and i think she will be with them for a LONG time or till the end
    dfsafasdfs
    Last edited by Fa7e; 13th June 2011 at 2:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  5. #3905
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    Brook is a musician, is Zoro? Usopp blows at fixing ships, it has been said, Franky is beast at fixing ships.
    And Hachi's a fishman, unlike any other crew member and can take over the job of helmsman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    i think Shirahoshi will already awaken CoO to a high level which has happened to people and luffy will just help her with the basic or nothing, but she'll be fine. Marines have ways to get around WILD seakings, these arent wild, they would be being controlled. im not talking about like Arc boss battles or anything, just battles that will take place on the ocean (obviously, they cant walk) which i do think there will be ALOT more of here. plus u still have to get to islands which is one of the main things and theres ussually a ton of crazy **** that happens durring these times which sea kings would help with
    Controlled? That's highly questionable. Nothing suggest that Shirahoshi will be able to actually command the sea Kings, only call them. That's a big leap to assume that she'll be commanding them in some way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    ya i know the majority will take place on land, idk wtf i said, and i dont know why u said it would be hard for her to dodge an attack when we have been talking about her with CoO -_- the land thing is the only thing im not sure about, i do think they will the Casket and can age her to grow legs when she wants to go on land and then change back, but shes HUGE, which could be a probably and just CoO and superhuman strength might not be enough, i dont think she will fight alot as said, just be able to hold her own until someone else kicks the persons ***, im not sure.
    It would be hard for her to dodge an attack because she's a giant target. She has far more to move out of the way then say a smaller person. And notice, we saw with Otohime that it's not even foolproof. She would have to fight alot, as every crew member has to fight in every battle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    he would be a huge problem because hes a Wadatatsu, this isnt comfirmed buts its obvious, u havent said u disagree he is either, an underwater battle is obvious with him, and it wont be all the strawhats vs him, it will be a 1v1, all the strawhats will fight a BB Pirate. Shirahoshi is the best match being really big and a mermaid, and even though Wolf is massive, she has seakings to help
    No, he wouldn't be a huge problem and an underwater battle isn't obvious considering a confrontation with Blackbeard would have to take place on dry land. And as I mentioned before, Luffy was able to take the enormous Kraken out in one shot while underwater. Heck, neither Zoro or Sanji had any trouble inflicting their own damage either. So they would not need a giant of their own to fight him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    there are ways around seakings and people can beat them, but a ton of controlled seakings + plus strawhats would be incredibly hard to deal with
    Again with the presumption that they will be controlled. Anyway, seastone basically hides them from the sight of the Sea Kings. The Sea Kings wouldn't know that they are there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    she wouldnt be better on her own, she would die, and luffy is different than most pirates and according to Mihawk, which is true, has one of the most dangerous abilities in the world - turning anyone around him into allies, including former enemies. were she goes with them she might be treated along with them like your everyday evil pirate, but like every other place the SH's go pretty much, everyone grows to like them and becomes their allies, so yes, travelling with them, expecially them of all people, would be good and help.
    How exactly would she die? It's a peace conference. Again, going along with them would not allow her to abdicate for fishmen when they are gonna be dealing with other stuff. As I mentioned before, Tiger Fisher showed us this. And everyone doesn't grow to like them. Only a few people treat them different at the various islands, with the exception of Nami's village and Water 7.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    yes i do realize this, and she could only join for a little while, but fishmen discrimination isnt going to change overnight, and i think she will be with them for a LONG time or till the end
    Since she wouldn't be able to deal with such things until after their journey, there's no reason for her to join them when it wouldn't accomplish anything towards that goal and when sticking around her home would actually enable her to progress farther.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  6. #3906
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    And Hachi's a fishman, unlike any other crew member and can take over the job of helmsman.

    ok im gunna stop try to stop arguing about hachi after this because no ones winning, they dont need a helmsman at all, if so jinbei's a better one, one again i think hachi is pathetic compared to hoshi and jinbei, and i do think jinbei would leave his crew to join luffy's if he were to join, but i dont think he is. hachi is not even near close to new world material, and i know "shirahoshi isn't either" weve gone over that. once again there is no reason for hachi to join and he is useless, i dont have a clue why u still think he would join, ive seen alot of people on sites just stick with an idea because they dont want to be wrong, i hope its not the case, i have never seen anyone besides u think hachi will join them :/

    Controlled? That's highly questionable. Nothing suggest that Shirahoshi will be able to actually command the sea Kings, only call them. That's a big leap to assume that she'll be commanding them in some way.

    i honestly dont think controlling them will be that big of a deal, i think she will have to be non hesitant or scared and that could take a few trys but once she gets her **** together they will obey her

    It would be hard for her to dodge an attack because she's a giant target. She has far more to move out of the way then say a smaller person. And notice, we saw with Otohime that it's not even foolproof. She would have to fight alot, as every crew member has to fight in every battle.

    look at people like the Boa sisters, CoO works wonders

    No, he wouldn't be a huge problem and an underwater battle isn't obvious considering a confrontation with Blackbeard would have to take place on dry land. And as I mentioned before, Luffy was able to take the enormous Kraken out in one shot while underwater. Heck, neither Zoro or Sanji had any trouble inflicting their own damage either. So they would not need a giant of their own to fight him.

    ok this is ridiculous have u ignored EVERYTHING i said about the Strawhats having to fight a BB Pirate 1 ON 1, EVERYONE knows 1 on 1's are going to happen against the BB Pirates, its not even a question, no strawhats right now are a real match for wolf(not talking about powerwise), it will most likely be an underwater battle, IF hes not a wadatatsu, which he clearly is, than robin MIGHT be the best choice being able to make big arms and ****, but underwater, Super Giant Wadatatsu Vs Giant Mermaid with Giant sea kings, makes the most sense. and yes a battle with Blackbeard will take place on land, along with all the other members vs the strawhats

    Again with the presumption that they will be controlled. Anyway, seastone basically hides them from the sight of the Sea Kings. The Sea Kings wouldn't know that they are there.

    "The effects of Kairoseki also affect creatures of the sea such as Sea Kings. By layering the bottom of the ships with Kairoseki, creatures that are underneath the ship will be unaware of the vessel, and thus will not attack it. However, while the Kairoseki hides the movements of the vessel traversing above the Sea Kings, that does not mean they still can't see the ship."
    Invalid, they would call them up and they would see them


    How exactly would she die? It's a peace conference. Again, going along with them would not allow her to abdicate for fishmen when they are gonna be dealing with other stuff. As I mentioned before, Tiger Fisher showed us this. And everyone doesn't grow to like them. Only a few people treat them different at the various islands, with the exception of Nami's village and Water 7.

    talking about she would try travelling around -_- lol peace conference death.
    Nami's Village and Water 7? Nami's village, Skypiea, Water 7, Drum Island, Alabasta, Amazon Lily, Even at the War Whitebeard trusted him and commanded his men to help him, even places he doesnt make the whole island love him he makes like over 10 friends, EVERYBODY LUVS LUFFY


    Since she wouldn't be able to deal with such things until after their journey, there's no reason for her to join them when it wouldn't accomplish anything towards that goal and when sticking around her home would actually enable her to progress farther.

    ya i disagree with her staying home would help, and as it was said when the mermaid is born that can command the sea kings the world wound be changed forever, some will guide her, blah blah blah, i highly doubt she sit her *** at the palace, her ability needs to be put to use, and for all we know, there wont even be a fishmen island after this arc
    this is getting boring
    Last edited by Fa7e; 14th June 2011 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  7. #3907
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA (how vague can you get?)
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    I haven't read every word in this argument/debate, so if the following can be argued against, that's fine. But...

    The strawhats trained for two years. Doesn't make them invincible, but I doubt Oda would do that then have Shirahoshi join and call out sea kings for help.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

    My Current HeartGold Team:

    If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

    STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

  8. #3908
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    ok im gunna stop try to stop arguing about hachi after this because no ones winning, they dont need a helmsman at all, if so jinbei's a better one, one again i think hachi is pathetic compared to hoshi and jinbei, and i do think jinbei would leave his crew to join luffy's if he were to join, but i dont think he is. hachi is not even near close to new world material, and i know "shirahoshi isn't either" weve gone over that. once again there is no reason for hachi to join and he is useless, i dont have a clue why u still think he would join, ive seen alot of people on sites just stick with an idea because they dont want to be wrong, i hope its not the case, i have never seen anyone besides u think hachi will join them :/
    Considering helmsman is an actual position, they could very well use on. Anyway, you keep calling Hachi weak and useless when it's clearly been shown otherwise. E

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    i honestly dont think controlling them will be that big of a deal, i think she will have to be non hesitant or scared and that could take a few trys but once she gets her **** together they will obey her
    Again, that's a big assumption that she's would be able to control them in any way, as it's only been stated that she can call them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    look at people like the Boa sisters, CoO works wonders
    ... You do remember that a weaker Luffy was able to get around their prediction, so it's clearly possible that the same can be done by stronger characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    ok this is ridiculous have u ignored EVERYTHING i said about the Strawhats having to fight a BB Pirate 1 ON 1, EVERYONE knows 1 on 1's are going to happen against the BB Pirates, its not even a question, no strawhats right now are a real match for wolf(not talking about powerwise), it will most likely be an underwater battle, IF hes not a wadatatsu, which he clearly is, than robin MIGHT be the best choice being able to make big arms and ****, but underwater, Super Giant Wadatatsu Vs Giant Mermaid with Giant sea kings, makes the most sense. and yes a battle with Blackbeard will take place on land, along with all the other members vs the strawhats
    No, you're the one who seem to be ignoring stuff. Again, reread chapter 605. We saw Sanji and Zoro were able to do plenty of damage to the enormous Kraken by themselves and Luffy was able to knock it out even though he was weaken by being underwater. So at the very least we know either of those three would be able to defeat the Wadatatsu, who isn't much bigger. I would also say Robin and Franky could also fight. They wouldn't need their own giant to fight him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    "The effects of Kairoseki also affect creatures of the sea such as Sea Kings. By layering the bottom of the ships with Kairoseki, creatures that are underneath the ship will be unaware of the vessel, and thus will not attack it. However, while the Kairoseki hides the movements of the vessel traversing above the Sea Kings, that does not mean they still can't see the ship."
    Invalid, they would call them up and they would see them
    Again, you're working under the assumption that she can actually command them as oppose to just calling them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    talking about she would try travelling around -_- lol peace conference death.
    Nami's Village and Water 7? Nami's village, Skypiea, Water 7, Drum Island, Alabasta, Amazon Lily, Even at the War Whitebeard trusted him and commanded his men to help him, even places he doesnt make the whole island love him he makes like over 10 friends, EVERYBODY LUVS LUFFY
    Um, attending and presenting the signatures at the Reverie was Otohime's goal to begin the peaceful coexistence between fishmen and humans. If Shirahoshi is gonna fulfill her mother's wish, then that would be her goal.

    They were still pirates to the citizens of Drum Island and Alabasta, and the amazon and Whitebeard crews were also pirates. We're talking out the normal citizens, the ones would would be needed to stop the discrimination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    ya i disagree with her staying home would help, and as it was said when the mermaid is born that can command the sea kings the world wound be changed forever, some will guide her, blah blah blah, i highly doubt she sit her *** at the palace, her ability needs to be put to use, and for all we know, there wont even be a fishmen island after this arc
    She would have to remain there, in order to attend the up coming Reverie, which was key to Otohime's plan for coexistence.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  9. #3909
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Considering helmsman is an actual position, they could very well use on. Anyway, you keep calling Hachi weak and useless when it's clearly been shown otherwise. E

    who the hell cares if its an "actual" position, if everyone can do it fine they dont need one, and Hachi is ****ing weak compared to New World pirates, everyone knows that, probablly even you you just dont want to admit it, he got raped by zoro pre timeskip when he was like half dead, and i doubt he has got stronger, he has no reason to have, hes not joining get over it hes ur typical powerful fishmen, hodi has a better chance.

    Again, that's a big assumption that she's would be able to control them in any way, as it's only been stated that she can call them.

    she called them ON ACCIDENT like 10 years ago, seriously. you dont think it will be ANY different when her father and everyone else lets her know, probably tells her the basics about how she has to not show fear and overpower them in will or w/e,crap like that im just assuming, which u probably are to considering u think they will be difficult to control, if so ur on crack

    ... You do remember that a weaker Luffy was able to get around their prediction, so it's clearly possible that the same can be done by stronger characters.

    ya its clearly possible, thats for anyone using CoO, her giant size has nothing to do with it

    No, you're the one who seem to be ignoring stuff. Again, reread chapter 605. We saw Sanji and Zoro were able to do plenty of damage to the enormous Kraken by themselves and Luffy was able to knock it out even though he was weaken by being underwater. So at the very least we know either of those three would be able to defeat the Wadatatsu, who isn't much bigger. I would also say Robin and Franky could also fight. They wouldn't need their own giant to fight him.

    im sorry i was having kinda fun debating about this stuff but now your just trying not to be proven wrong and have no idea what your talking about, Luffy is fighting Blackbeard, ****ing obvious, Zoro will fight Shiliew, and Sanji will fight the third strongest, probablly Pizarro, THEIR NOT FIGHTING HIM. if u didnt even know that you should just stop talking, they dont NEED their own giant to fight him, like i have said 1000000 times, but it would be the best match expecially being a ****ing mermaid when hes a wadatatsu. and what u think there gunna go coat their ship to battle Wolf? o ya thats deffinantly gunna happen, they destroyed the kraken because they were on a ship all together, i suppose wolfs gunna be alone underwater when they stumble across him right? seriously

    Again, you're working under the assumption that she can actually command them as oppose to just calling them.

    as said above. and u know im right about the whole seastone **** so u go right back to something else.

    Um, attending and presenting the signatures at the Reverie was Otohime's goal to begin the peaceful coexistence between fishmen and humans. If Shirahoshi is gonna fulfill her mother's wish, then that would be her goal.

    she doesnt have to do that exact thing, im sure if she stop it once and for all that would more than anough. and also do u think the legend wont be true? because i asked that like forever ago, it clearly is true, why would it be said if it wasnt? fishmen islands predictions have always been right, and saying that, fishmen island most likely wont be around, and luffy will destroy it, but for a good reason, u havent adressed that yet either

    They were still pirates to the citizens of Drum Island and Alabasta, and the amazon and Whitebeard crews were also pirates. We're talking out the normal citizens, the ones would would be needed to stop the discrimination.

    im sure Drum Island and Alabasta citizens would like them if the head people of the island do, its not like they avoided telling them, do u expect them to go door to door telling them about the Strawhats? no, if there is the huge war at the end and alabasta, drum island, ect..... help. all of the citizens that are soldier people would help to.

    She would have to remain there, in order to attend the up coming Reverie, which was key to Otohime's plan for coexistence.

    said above
    ya i sounded like an ***, and there will be 10000 people flaming me because ur the kid with more posts and an earlier join date and probablly post alot in this section, but from what uve said about Wolf and other things, not even knowing the strawhats with each have a BB Pirate to fight, u dont know **** about OP, stick to the naruto manga section. if u posted on an accually one piece forum, u would get flamed in 2 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  10. #3910
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    ^ I find it funny that you mention old island that have already been passed. Also TsukiMirage is simply debating on how Shirahoshi is not likely to join.

    In fact I'm the one that is more aggressive in my words.

    Besides that point I'll end by saying there is no guarantee that Shirahoshi will join and it is very unlikely.

  11. #3911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    I haven't read every word in this argument/debate, so if the following can be argued against, that's fine. But...

    The strawhats trained for two years. Doesn't make them invincible, but I doubt Oda would do that then have Shirahoshi join and call out sea kings for help.
    Well I think, either way with Jinbe or Shirahoshi we'd have a problem with some one being stronger than the Monster Trio. I mean, guess you could say Jinbe might have gotten weaker over time but some say he's still as strong as ever, as he was as strong as Ace right? If your talking about being stronger than the crew after two years of training, than either no one joins this arc or some one less powerful does, which isn't one of these two than :P
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  12. #3912
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    ya i sounded like an ***, and there will be 10000 people flaming me because ur the kid with more posts and an earlier join date and probablly post alot in this section, but from what uve said about Wolf and other things, not even knowing the strawhats with each have a BB Pirate to fight, u dont know **** about OP, stick to the naruto manga section. if u posted on an accually one piece forum, u would get flamed in 2 seconds
    There is no way to tell who is right, as with all mangaka, especialy Oda there is no way in telling what will happen next. Sure you can predict somestuff. But don't forget Manga = cliffhanger/plottwist every chapter. Now stop whining about it Ktnxbai.

    Also More posts doesn't mean he is always right. I value the post, not the postcount.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  13. #3913
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

        Spoiler:- Fa7e:


        Spoiler:- One Piece spoiler:
    Looks like Jinbe and Luffy are heading for a showdown.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  14. #3914
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    It matters because each crew members has to have a position on the crew or something that helps the crew out outside of battle. Again, how can you call Hachi weak? He held off the Marines and guard the Thousand Sunny for a whole year, something I really doubt he would have been able to do in his first appearance. How does losing against Zoro, one of the strongest Straw Hats and a Supernova, mean that Hachi is so weak that he couldn't join the crew? I mean, it's not like Nami and Usopp were powerhouses when they joined the crew. And how can you complain about Hachi being weak and ignore Shirahoshi.

    he held of the GRAND LINE MARINES 2 years ago along with the help of alot of people and practically died, he lost against zoro at like episode 2 (not really but early) when zoro was on the verge of dying from his wound when he didnt even have a bounty yet, i think, or it was the first one, i dont think he had one at this time though, its been years since i have seen it, plus bountys mean nothing so my statement doesnt matter and neither does urs about being a supernova. if he joins, im willing to do anything with my account u want, give it to u, have a retarded sig saying im a *** or w/e u want idc, because hes not joining.

    The issue is here is actually controlling them, as nothing of the sort was stated in the legend, only that she can call them.

    i cant believe u REALLY think this. there are fishmen that can control sea life, like i said before, like jinbei and his whales, its the same damn thingwith her except with sea kings, even if she cant control them, that doesnt matter at all, as luffy has insane CoC.

    Her giant size has much to do with it, since being such a big target means that it would take more time for her to move to avoid an attack then it would a smaller person.

    ya that didnt seem a problem one bit with the boa sister AND luffy was using his gum gum gatling which is beyond fast, her being a giant has disadvantages along with advantages, its not all bad being a giant

    First I would say, how exactly do you know who would be fighting who or that they would be fighting at the same time? Especially the thing with Pizarro. You have no way to know how the fight will go exactly and it's not as if the Straw Hats haven't traded opponents during battle before. That all aside, seeing as Blackbeard and his crew wouldn't be able to fight underwater, it's more then likely that any confrontation between the two crews would take place on dry land. And both Zoro and Sanji have shown the ability to jump and fight while underwater, so if they could easily take the fight to him.

    Pizarro was just a guess, Luffy vs Blackbeard, Zoro vs Shiliew, Usopp vs Van is a given, So is Doc Q and/or Stronger vs Chopper (depending if the retarded horse has a DF will it be him AND Q) and Nami vs Devon pretty much, Pizarro just seemed like the third strongest and that seems to be what everyone else thinks or jesus vs sanji. they wont change opponents durring the main battle of the series, and i guess it just so happens to be the blackbeard pirates got the same number of pirates the strawhats will have, i cant believe ur arguing over this, i understand ur opinion for everything else, but everyone knows this shits going to happen. its clearly going to happen on land but Wolf will most likly fight on his turf, the water, and that would be Shirahoshi's best place to. even if shirahoshi doesnt join, a fishmen will join and they will battle underwater if he is a wadatatsu, its the most anticipated battle wolf will fight in his best surrounding, and Shirahoshi is still a way better match for wolf than Jinbei, Hachi, Hodi, ect........
    o and yes, Zoro and Sanji will jump underwater and fight him after fighting Shiliew and whoever the hell sanji's fighting and be prefectly fine, good joke
    i typed more about this but it got ****ing deleted so i narrowed it down (although i stilled typed alot)
    wait when have the strawhats traded opponents?


    Point out the part in the legend where it said that the princess would command the Sea Kings, instead of simply calling them forth...

    it says her heart can reach out to them and she can speak with them, just like every other fishperson capable of speaking to sea creatures that end up commanding them. and i suppose she will just "call them forth" and they will have a staring contest

    Actually, she would. The whole point is that fishmen aren't all that welcome on the surface, thus why they live on Fishman Island. I already pointed out that being guided doesn't mean that she would have to go with Luffy. And i didn't address it because it wasn't brought up, but the destruction of the island would simply force the fishmen up to the surface and into a position where they had to interact with humans.

    accually being guided kinda does mean she would have to go with luffy, it just doesnt mean forever. " The legend continues on...That one day, someone will appear to guide the mermaid that can speak with the sea kings, in other worlds shirahoshi....And when that time comes, the world will be forever changed...!!" so u seem to agree the legend is true, then what the hell does this mean? the world will be forever changed? she is clearly not travelling with luffy to go across the street to the neighbors or anythings, its going to be a huge deal, u cant deny that.

    Except there leaders liking pirates aren't well known, since liking pirates is evil in the eyes of the Wold Government.

    it isnt well known but u know if they would want to assisst luffy, their people would follow to, and plus, by the end of the series, i doubt the world government will exist or not near as powerful and big, the Revolutionaries will win, dont quote me about this little part, its hardly an argument i dont even remember really how this came up, its retarded

    Um, I know plenty about One Piece and do associate with other One Piece forums (Mangahelpers and Arlong Park). So I know what I'm talking about. I have yet to see a huge following of the idea that Shirahoshi would join the crew. In fact, most seem to think like me. Most believe that Jinbe, Hodi, or Fukaboshi will join, with Jinbe being the most likely. And I have seen nothing that suggest Sanji and Pizarro would be paired up. I would honestly enjoy some links to the pro Shirahoshi argument.

    lLOLWHAT? "most seem to think like me. Most believe that Jinbei, Hodi, or Fukaboshi will join, with Jinbei being the most likely" do u even know what u have been typing? thats nothing like you
    anyways i do appologize about being such an ******* earlier
    Last edited by Fa7e; 15th June 2011 at 4:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  15. #3915
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Oh mama. Luffy Vs Jinbe.

    This is going to be sweet.

    Hmm...judging by the cover we see a little preview of some of the Straw Hats new powers.

    Chopper has a new form (or, that's one of his previous forms? Jumping Point?)
    Nami has a new version of Cloud Tempo...
    Franky has a gun/cannon/rocket launcher (I think he used this already)
    Usopp has a new Kabuto (Or was it always black in the manga) and we see his pop greens
    Zoro has some demon attack....
    Robin can create clones of herself now?...

  16. #3916
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Oh mama. Luffy Vs Jinbe.

    This is going to be sweet.

    Hmm...judging by the cover we see a little preview of some of the Straw Hats new powers.

    Chopper has a new form (or, that's one of his previous forms? Jumping Point?)
    Nami has a new version of Cloud Tempo...
    Franky has a gun/cannon/rocket launcher (I think he used this already)
    Usopp has a new Kabuto (Or was it always black in the manga) and we see his pop greens
    Zoro has some demon attack....
    Robin can create clones of herself now?...
    usopp has a new black one, they showed it before its smaller, i doubt robin can make clones despite the cover lol i dont think thats what they meant, if so then O_O, chopper looks fkn scary and badass that should be interesting, im still curious to know if he was master monster point/awakened zoan mode at all yet, at least able to control it for a lil.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  17. #3917

    Default

    I think I'm excited for Zoro's and Robin's powers in battles the most, they look epic. I'm also thinking Luffy Gear 2 mixed with haki is possible, man would I love to see some thing like that. In a way I think both Luffy and Jinbe have good points here, Luffy has to save his friends no matter but he could cause more hate to humans. However, you'd think mer people/mermaids would hate Hodi more than ever now?? They should be rooting for Luffy to win by the end of this arc. I'm hopping Luffy is stronger than Jinbe, shows him how strong he is if Jinbe does join he's going to need to know that Luffy is the boss! Over all, awesome chapter, man its hard to wait a week for another chapterXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  18. #3918
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I'm also thinking Luffy Gear 2 mixed with haki is possible
    he has used g2 with haki...... and g3
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  19. #3919
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GMT -4
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Well Jinbei's odds of joining the crew enjoy an uptick, because if they fight which they will, Luffy will win asserting his authority over Jinbei who up to this point has been treated as a relative equal if not greater force. So long a Jinbei is not in the water he will recieve a beatdown, but he won't get hurt too bad. Luffy and him will then compromise and come up with some sort of plan that may involve him and jinbei going with mabye megalo, and possibly franky or chopper or even less likely both to the castle to perform a rescue mission, while Nami and Sanji guard Shirohoshi, as I predicted mabye not in this thread but I see sanji, the gentleman, or nami Shirohoshi's buddy fight Vanderdecken, both will not be neccesary unless VD is super strong and hiding it. Robin, Franky, and Chopper are the wild cards in this, and I am unsure what they will do.
    The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    To Kill A Mockingbird

    It is no matter, let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew, and dog will have his day.
    Hamlet Act V Scene I

  20. #3920
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Good chapter but some things could have been trimmed off to move the plot forward a bit more. Anyways I'm looking forward to the Jinbei vs Luffy battle. More haki powers hopefully.

  21. #3921
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

        Spoiler:- Fa7e:


    I honestly loved both color cover pages. Out of all the characters, I really want to see Chopper in such a form like that soon. It looked so cool. So Hodi announces his plans and we get to see the reaction from the rest of the citizens. I do wonder if those pills Hodi was taking have another effect, since he was really wounded before and now he appears perfectly fine. I loved Nami throwing the blame on Zoro and Jinbe's reaction for the king being captured. It was surprising that Zoro and co got caught. I wonder how it happen. Anyway, Luffy's bounty went up quite a lot and since it's unlikely any of the other Supernovas went up, this makes Luffy the one with the highest bounty of the group. Usopp's impression of Robin, Nami yelling at Luffy, and Sanji yelling at Franky and Chopper were all hilarious. Jinbe explains why he doesn't want Luffy to fight Hodi, which does make some sense. I can't wait to see Luffy and Jinbe fight. It should be real interesting. Very nice chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  22. #3922
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    He held the line with two others, Duval and Kuma, both of who took serious wounds. Now if taking wounds from that makes him weak, does that also mean that Kuma is "weak" too because he was seriously wounded too? I fail to see how doing a little worst then a Shichibukai implies he's weak. And again, your faulting Hachi for losing against Zoro, even though he's basically the second strongest after Luffy. That's would be like saying that Crocodile is weak because he lost against Luffy. Hachi may not be a powerhouse, but we have seen that he's not that weak.

    Ya he didnt hold the line with two other, he held the line with Duval AND all of his men for 1 year and got seriously injured then Kuma protected it by himself, know ur facts first. hachi loosing to an almost dead handicapped zoro is like saying crocodile is weak because he lost against luffy? what is this i dont even. "Hachi may not be a powerhouse" there u go, kinda proved hes not joining, even if every strawhat wasnt a power, say nami after TS (which is looking like she is) but say she isnt, she makes up for it with her navigation abilities and all her smarts, they would probablly be dead without her, hachi brings nothing usefull to the New World table.

    No, it's not the same. Talking to their "species" of fish is different then Shirahoshi calling Sea Kings, as she's not one of them. You're assuming it's the same even though there's no proof. And if she can't control them, then it's pointless to bring it up as a reason.

    mermaids can communicate with fish, but not sea kings, shes the only one that can, she can talk to them, doesnt matter if shes not the same species. Neptune is a Coelacanth mermen, not the same "species" as whale, he can speak to whales, u really dont know much about one piece do u. and w/e we will find out soon enough, im hoping she will call them soon.
    its also pretty evident she can control them, 10 years ago when her mom was shot she called them, screaming because her mom was shot and she probablly wanted help, later one of her brother says to her mom "they were probablly called here to help u" they couldnt help, so they just stared at the island, then they said if she were to recieve a shock like back them she could send them on a rampage. shock meaning something bad happen, and if she got angry/upset, the seakings would to, just like the legend said, her heart reaches out to them, if she has good intentions and wants their help, they will help her, she just has to make sure her willpower is strong and not let her heart be weak
    "While merfolk can summon and communicate with normal fish and marine life via sonar waves, Shirahoshi has the uncanny ability to call Sea Kings via the same method" From OP Wiki

    "Your assuming it's the same even though there's no proof" well someone just looked stupid


    Except that Shirahoshi is far more massive then Sandersonia and has no way to negate attacks. The advantages of her being a giant are moot since she's an untrained novice and there's no place for an untrained novice in the coming situation.

    well shes kinda got a big *** tail to negate attacks with

    Why do you think he would "fight on his turf"? By that logic, all the past battles with fishmen would have taken place completely underwater, "in their turf". But we have clearly seen otherwise. So that can hardly be used as evidence. Now other then to suit Shirahoshi, why would he need to fight underwater? Regardless, I would also point out that both Zoro and Sanji have went underwater to fight a fishman, so again, that still wouldn't eliminate them from fighting him. Not to mention the fact that they have fought Oars, Pickles, Hamburg, and most importantly Big Pan, who's a fishman giant for the record. That's four, five including the Kraken, examples of them fighting giants without needing one of their own and also prefect examples showing that Sanji actually has a record of fighting against giant opponents. That eliminates the argument about them requiring Shirahoshi to fight a giant underwater.

    i explained why i think he will fight on his turf, how about u read better. and did u REALLY just bring up Zoro and Sanji fighting him again when i clearly explained why hes not and why the strawhats will not rotate in the main 1 on 1 fights in the series. this is starting to be a real waste of time, u cant even read properly, im trying not to be mean again but your making this really hard. please go post what u just did, that little paragraph, on a one piece forum, doesnt have to be on ap forums or ur main account, go to some place like Narutoforums - Ohara Library section (its one piece) and post how u think sanji or zoro will be able to fight wolf underwater or how u think they will even fight wolf at all after they have fought their enemy or "rotate", but u wont, because u know u will get flamed or people will just straight up think ur trolling because this is the stupidest **** i have ever seen and anyone else will see, and u know that, u just really dont want to be wrong. just make a new account if u have one so people wont know its u and u wont get embarassed. OR just go ****ing search for threads on sites about BB vs SH matchups, u will not see in A SINGLE post in a thread about strawhats rotating against them OR Zoro or Sanji vs Wolf, unless of course the single post is you

    Different situation. And that's basically what they did the first time Shirahoshi called them.

    explained above and she had no idea she called them

    No, it doesn't men she has to go with Luffy. And legend clearly is going along with the future destruction of Fishman island, which means that all the fishman and merpeople can no longer hide underwater and will have to associate with the surface world. This of course is tied to the issue of the Reverie, to allow the fishman and merpeople on the surface.

    then what the hell to suppose Guide means she will do with luffy
    i highly doubt the legend means the world will be changed forever because of fishmen island going to the surface when it says that after the thing about the man guiding shirahoshi


    I was talking out Shirahoshi not joining the crew, which appears to be the majority opinion among One Piece fans as far as I've seen. There's not a single piece of solid argument for her joining and many reasons for her not too:
    there hasnt been a single piece of solid argument for hachi or jinbei to join and many reasons for them not to join, there just theories
    - She has expressed no desire to do so.
    She kinda has, she has expressed the desire to see the world asking about the Sun, animals, forest, strawhats are exploring everything, this could be argued with about how when they go to the surface it will be good enough for her, but i think she will want more
    - As a princess, she has the welfare of her people to look after, especially if they have to migrate to the surface.
    she doesnt have **** to look after, they have been fine with her locked up for 10 years, migrated or not
    - Her brothers, who promised their mother to become warriors and protect her, would not let her.
    your joking right? she told them to become warriors because of her abilities, an the whole story about the legend she told them, if her brothers knew Luffy was the person from the legend, they would obviously let her go.
    - She can't fight and has absolutely no training, making her completely useless in a fight, unlike all the past crew members who could fight before joining and actually had to have a challenging fight before they become an actual crew member.
    she will have a challenging fight
    - She possesses no outside skill to help the crew with.
    .................................................. .............................seakings *sigh*
    mermaid, fastest creatures on the sea, new world ocean, crazy currents = help

    - She's hardly practical to bring on an adventure exploring islands and stuff.
    shes the perfect person to bring on an adventure, she probably doesnt even know what a bug is
    - The whole political issue of her being a princess.
    who cares? strawhats dont
    - The fact that's she's a giant mermaid, meaning she's gonna be a target to be sold.
    giants have never been much a problem in the OP world, they have advantages with being giant, not just disadvantages
    - Oda's no simply gonna have her calling Sea Kings all the time to fight for her.
    she wont need to on the ocean in most occassions, on the land, theres other strawhats, she wont be alone
    - And the main reason, she's far to big to fit on the ship.
    doesnt have to be on the ship
    Now unless you can prove evidence to counter those points, then this discussion should be over.
    funny thing is, u have pretty much already said all of this stuff before twice, ur like a broken record and have no ideas, this discussion should have been over like 2 quotes ago when u starting making up half-assed answers

    Anyway, Luffy's bounty went up quite a lot and since it's unlikely any of the other Supernovas went up, this makes Luffy the one with the highest bounty of the group. vvv
    they showed Luffy's 400M Bounty forever ago. unlikely any of the other Supernovas went up? it said Kid and Drake have been making a name for themselves in the New World, once again u hardly know anything about OP, its funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  23. #3923
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    Ya he didnt hold the line with two other, he held the line with Duval AND all of his men for 1 year and got seriously injured then Kuma protected it by himself, know ur facts first. hachi loosing to an almost dead handicapped zoro is like saying crocodile is weak because he lost against luffy? what is this i dont even. "Hachi may not be a powerhouse" there u go, kinda proved hes not joining, even if every strawhat wasnt a power, say nami after TS (which is looking like she is) but say she isnt, she makes up for it with her navigation abilities and all her smarts, they would probablly be dead without her, hachi brings nothing usefull to the New World table.
    What? We were specifically told that it was Hachi and Duval. If it had been Duval's crew too, then I'm sure Franky would have mentioned the Flying Fish riders instead of Duval by name. And again, not lasting as long as a freakin' shichibukai/robot is nothing to be a shame of. Also, Zoro was not "almost dead". He was injured, but not to the point where he couldn't put up a fight. You claim Hachi is weak because he lost to Zoro early on. Well the same is true of Crocodile, losing to Luffy early on, before he even gained the gears. By your logic, that means that Crocodile is a weakling, simply because he lost once. Hachi wouldn't need to be a powerhouse to join. As long as he can fight and has his own fighting style, he can grow, just like all the other straw Hats did when they joined. How does Hachi have nothing to offer when he's has actually been around the new World, making him the prefect helmsmen to help the Straw Hats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    mermaids can communicate with fish, but not sea kings, shes the only one that can, she can talk to them, doesnt matter if shes not the same species. Neptune is a Coelacanth mermen, not the same "species" as whale, he can speak to whales, u really dont know much about one piece do u. and w/e we will find out soon enough, im hoping she will call them soon.
    its also pretty evident she can control them, 10 years ago when her mom was shot she called them, screaming because her mom was shot and she probablly wanted help, later one of her brother says to her mom "they were probablly called here to help u" they couldnt help, so they just stared at the island, then they said if she were to recieve a shock like back them she could send them on a rampage. shock meaning something bad happen, and if she got angry/upset, the seakings would to, just like the legend said, her heart reaches out to them, if she has good intentions and wants their help, they will help her, she just has to make sure her willpower is strong and not let her heart be weak
    "While merfolk can summon and communicate with normal fish and marine life via sonar waves, Shirahoshi has the uncanny ability to call Sea Kings via the same method" From OP Wiki

    "Your assuming it's the same even though there's no proof" well someone just looked stupid
    Whales aren't fish either, which still makes it a unique situation. Calling them does not me she can command them into doing something, which is the whole issue.

    And you do realize a wiki is not actual proof, right? The manga has yet to show her commanding any, thus there's no proof. Heck, she doubts it herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    well shes kinda got a big *** tail to negate attacks with
    Her tail wouldn't negate attacks, not in the way that would keep her from being injured, as it's still part of her body.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    i explained why i think he will fight on his turf, how about u read better. and did u REALLY just bring up Zoro and Sanji fighting him again when i clearly explained why hes not and why the strawhats will not rotate in the main 1 on 1 fights in the series. this is starting to be a real waste of time, u cant even read properly, im trying not to be mean again but your making this really hard. please go post what u just did, that little paragraph, on a one piece forum, doesnt have to be on ap forums or ur main account, go to some place like Narutoforums - Ohara Library section (its one piece) and post how u think sanji or zoro will be able to fight wolf underwater or how u think they will even fight wolf at all after they have fought their enemy or "rotate", but u wont, because u know u will get flamed or people will just straight up think ur trolling because this is the stupidest **** i have ever seen and anyone else will see, and u know that, u just really dont want to be wrong. just make a new account if u have one so people wont know its u and u wont get embarassed. OR just go ****ing search for threads on sites about BB vs SH matchups, u will not see in A SINGLE post in a thread about strawhats rotating against them OR Zoro or Sanji vs Wolf, unless of course the single post is you
    No, you really didn't explain. You said he would fight in his best surrounding and I pointed out that such a thing is highly unlikely, as we have had several fights with fishmen fighting on land instead of starting in the water where they would have an advantage. So the idea that he would have to fight underwater doesn't hold any water. Not only that, but you continue to talk back on the idea that Sanji and Zoro could fight underwater, even though we have actually seen them do this MULTIPLE times. Against Kuroobi and Hachi, against the Kraken, against Hodi and his forces. All these fights involved Zoro/Sanji fighting an opponent UNDERWATER. It's actual manga PROOF that they could fight underwater if they need too. Not just that, but we saw against the Kraken that both of them were able to inflict damage on a enormous opponent while underwater. So there's absolutely no reason that they couldn't if they were required to do so. Instead of being so condescending, how about you prove some actual proof as to why they couldn't. It would be one thing to disagree because of how Zoro's normally fights other swordsmen, so the odds are with his to fight Shiliew. That actually has weight behind it. But to outright deny that it couldn't happen is a whole other thing. And as I mentioned before, in the Skypiea, CP9, and Thriller Park arc, all had examples of the Straw Hats switching opponents. Like for instants, how Sanji couldn't fully fight against Kalifa, so Nami became her opponent while he goes to fight Jabra who defeated Usopp.

        Spoiler:- And just to make sure it driven home-:


    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    then what the hell to suppose Guide means she will do with luffy
    i highly doubt the legend means the world will be changed forever because of fishmen island going to the surface when it says that after the thing about the man guiding shirahoshi
    Guide means Luffy will help her decide how to help her people. And the Fishman Island being destroyed and all the citizens migrating to the surface would actually be a huge change, especially since it means they would have to learn to coexist with humans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    I was talking out Shirahoshi not joining the crew, which appears to be the majority opinion among One Piece fans as far as I've seen. There's not a single piece of solid argument for her joining and many reasons for her not too:
    there hasnt been a single piece of solid argument for hachi or jinbei to join and many reasons for them not to join, there just theories
    - She has expressed no desire to do so.
    She kinda has, she has expressed the desire to see the world asking about the Sun, animals, forest, strawhats are exploring everything, this could be argued with about how when they go to the surface it will be good enough for her, but i think she will want more
    - As a princess, she has the welfare of her people to look after, especially if they have to migrate to the surface.
    she doesnt have **** to look after, they have been fine with her locked up for 10 years, migrated or not
    - Her brothers, who promised their mother to become warriors and protect her, would not let her.
    your joking right? she told them to become warriors because of her abilities, an the whole story about the legend she told them, if her brothers knew Luffy was the person from the legend, they would obviously let her go.
    - She can't fight and has absolutely no training, making her completely useless in a fight, unlike all the past crew members who could fight before joining and actually had to have a challenging fight before they become an actual crew member.
    she will have a challenging fight
    - She possesses no outside skill to help the crew with.
    .................................................. .............................seakings *sigh*
    mermaid, fastest creatures on the sea, new world ocean, crazy currents = help
    - She's hardly practical to bring on an adventure exploring islands and stuff.
    shes the perfect person to bring on an adventure, she probably doesnt even know what a bug is
    - The whole political issue of her being a princess.
    who cares? strawhats dont
    - The fact that's she's a giant mermaid, meaning she's gonna be a target to be sold.
    giants have never been much a problem in the OP world, they have advantages with being giant, not just disadvantages
    - Oda's no simply gonna have her calling Sea Kings all the time to fight for her.
    she wont need to on the ocean in most occassions, on the land, theres other strawhats, she wont be alone
    - And the main reason, she's far to big to fit on the ship.
    doesnt have to be on the ship
    Now unless you can prove evidence to counter those points, then this discussion should be over.
    funny thing is, u have pretty much already said all of this stuff before twice, ur like a broken record and have no ideas, this discussion should have been over like 2 quotes ago when u starting making up half-assed answers
    There's actually plenty of reasons for them to join.
    1) Wanting to see the sun and surface doesn't mean she would travel with them, especially when once they all migrate to the surface, that goal will be accomplished.
    2) A princess still has duties, as we saw with Vivi.
    3) They became warriors to protect her when that day comes.
    4) A challenging fight? with who? It's impossible for a inexperience novice like her to get into a challenging fight against the likes of Hodi or Van Decken. Even if you make the assumption that she'll use sea Kings, then that would mean they'll have to be nerfed enough to make it a challenging fight, which would defeat the whole purpose of them, right? Meanwhile, both Jinbe and Hachi have reason to fight against Hodi and Van Decken in a challenging fight.
    5) We already been over the issue of them not needing the Sea Kings to travel around and since Shirahoshi knows nothing of the new world or it's ocean, as oppose to Jinbe and Hachi who both have sailed in the new world and thus would know their way around.
    6) She's an enormous mermaid... meaning that not only can she not walk on land without some random plot device, it would be nearly impossible for her to associate and handle day to day with normal people. Just imagine how exactly is Shirahoshi gonna run and hide in the middle of a city, which we have seen happens nearly every arc.
    7) The Straw Hats are a major enemy of the World Government. If someone from the royal family is seen as part of their crew, that would give the Marines all the reason they need to attack the fishmen and merpeople. This is the whole reason Vivi didn't join the crew and they said goodbye by showing the crosses on their arm, so that the Marines wouldn't know that she was associated with them. Now that Luffy is considered an even greater threat, the danger is much more greater.
    8) And we have seen that the Marines and slavers have no trouble catching and dealing with giants who can actually fight, so why would they have a problem with one that can't fight.
    9) Perhaps you should reread the past arcs and notice how ALL the Straw Hats fight in individual fights in every arc. So how is an inexperience novice gonna be able to fight high level opponents on her own?
    10) ...So she'll just float around in the sea til the end of the series?

    I repeat it because you seem to be ignoring how Oda handles adding in new crew members and how they are treated each arc. You're trying to argue for Shirahoshi to join the crew, but not be handled like a crew member. That makes no sense. What's the point of her becoming a crew member if she isn't gonna be handled as one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fa7e View Post
    they showed Luffy's 400M Bounty forever ago. unlikely any of the other Supernovas went up? it said Kid and Drake have been making a name for themselves in the New World, once again u hardly know anything about OP, its funny.
    You honestly should stop being so condescending. It's been like 30 chapters since it was last mentioned, so why shouldn't I talk about it again? It's also ridiculous to think Kidd or Drake's bounty would go up as Luffy's when there would be no way they could match the threat that Luffy is to the Marines, after the revelation of his parentage and assault during the war.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  24. #3924
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    wow this is just sad im done arguing, please go read the chapters again, duvals men guarded the ship. and yes, zoro was almost dead, i havent seen that in years and i still know that, if his wound opened up fully, he would have died, it was not just a little wound, your an idiot. and its a laugh that u think hachi can join and not be a powerhouse and "grow" the strawhats have had the whole first half of the show to grow and a 2 year TS, what u except hachi to catch up while sailing the New World? hes a joke, and so are you. hachi has been around the new world? i dont think he has, i would like proof, hes just been to FI, and hes not a helmsman, thats jinbei. and why would he ask Hachi to join now when he has had 100000000000000000 other chances to, BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT HIM, he know hachi has his own **** to do
    im really lol'ing at what u just said about my second paragraph, i gave u so much proof, you sound like a moron and are in complete troll mode, she hasnt commanded them yet, but its pretty much a fact she can, but it doesnt mean she cant fail as i imagine she will a few times, they can choose to not listen to her, if she has a weak heart they will pick up on that, merfolk can talk to fish, species doesnt ****ing matter it probably just helps as they would like if the person calling them was like them like how they helped jinbei, they can talk to all fish with the exception of Sea Kings except for Shirahoshi, please read the ****ing chapters again and read up on ur facts about fishpeople. you say wiki is not accual proof but if u go look at it again when she called them and look back at when weve seen fish called before its the same method, sonar waves.
    seriously, go post ur wolf argument on another forum, u will look like an idiot, until then dont talk to me. you will not find a single person that will agree with you about them switching opponents and zoro, sanji, or luffy battling him and u have said the same thing about zoro, sanji, ect...... over 5 times, o and btw, i havent said once zoro and sanji cant fight underwater /facepalm.
    go search every single blackbeard vs strawhat matchup thread u can,there wont be 1 switching opponents post, how about you go post that idea and see what happens
    anyways im not even reading the rest, i dont know what i expecting coming on to a pokemon forum and seeing what people think about one piece, as idiots like you are bound to be here and know nothing,
    this is the only thing i would like you to respond to, if you SO convinced that she wont be able to control sea kings and hachi will join, than u should be willing to make a bet, i know its not fair to say account as you have been here for a while, but if im right u have to put w/e i want and ur sig and i will do the same if ur right (no hentai or anything obv), but i doubt you will, because like i have said, u know your theories are awful, u just dont want to be proven wrong. to bad the BB battle is forever away as your completely wrong about wolf

    *looks at TsukiMirage's sig*

    "I value power, ambition, and darkness." Yeah... I would completely disregard that person's opinion.

    But I feel your pain.
    ^^^lmao i saw this post on apforums, kinda funny
    Last edited by Fa7e; 17th June 2011 at 2:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

  25. #3925
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    you will not find a single person that will agree with you about them switching opponents and zoro, sanji, or luffy battling him
    I agree with TsukiMirage about the Straw Hats switching opponents. It has happened before and can happen again and most likely will happen again.

Page 157 of 231 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •