Page 201 of 231 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 5758

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

  1. #5001
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    So... A "Underworld Broker" is more influential than a Yonko in your opinoin? That's nonsense. Not only is the government not even aware of DD's actions they don't care which means that it's not that big of a threat as a Yonko who everyone fears.. DD will most likely be taken down this "Saga" because after him they will eithe fight a Yonko or go on to something else. And Ceaser is the main antagonist of the Punk Hazard arc, this "arc" is one small thing in what a Saga needs to be. And Ceaser is DD's main key so he is obviously not going to be the big bad in the next few arcs. And Big Mom happening sooner than DD? -_- The man is sending people to PH in less than a day and Big Mom has to send people who are close to Fishman Island because she is most likely halfway in the NW. DD's actions against Law,DD's partnership with Ceaser, and some of his subordinates being shown in the manor that they have would only mean that he is main enemy this arc, just as other OP antagonist were shown being the Big Bad so is he. Not Big Mom who just appeared once, and not Ceaser who can get his butt kicked by Luffy so easily.
    Pretty much. Doflamingo is not only the Shichibukai, but he was shown pretty tight with the Marine higher-ups. That means he's apart of two of the three powers. In addition, it's becoming clear that Doflamingo has major plans, seeing what Caeser is up too. Doflamingo sending people mean little if he's not there, and where is this "less then a day" coming from? Doflamingo's subordinates have been through several sagas since early on. Nor does Caeser appear to be Doflamingo's only "key".

    Everyone doesn't fear the Yonko. In fact, several of the Supernovas have attempted to and/or are planning on confronting them. Law just made a deal with Luffy to take down a Yonko, in addition to Luffy having to settle things with Big Mom soon, seeing as there is a bomb directly on it's way to her sent by him. And seeing as Kidd is also after Big Mom, the situation with her isn't gonna be that far off. There's no way Law will stick around for more then one saga, meaning the deal between them is gonna be dealt with soon.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  2. #5002
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Pretty much. Doflamingo is not only the Shichibukai, but he was shown pretty tight with the Marine higher-ups. That means he's apart of two of the three powers. In addition, it's becoming clear that Doflamingo has major plans, seeing what Caeser is up too. Doflamingo sending people mean little if he's not there, and where is this "less then a day" coming from? Doflamingo's subordinates have been through several sagas since early on. Nor does Caeser appear to be Doflamingo's only "key".

    Everyone doesn't fear the Yonko. In fact, several of the Supernovas have attempted to and/or are planning on confronting them. Law just made a deal with Luffy to take down a Yonko, in addition to Luffy having to settle things with Big Mom soon, seeing as there is a bomb directly on it's way to her sent by him. And seeing as Kidd is also after Big Mom, the situation with her isn't gonna be that far off. There's no way Law will stick around for more then one saga, meaning the deal between them is gonna be dealt with soon.
    Are you serious? Are you for real serious about this? -_- A member if the Yonko is more of a threat than a member of the Warlords.. Yes, the Warlords are one of the Three Great Powers but they are nowhere as strong as a Yonko without all of them being present. DD is not gonna be fought at by the end of the series because by the time hat happens Luffy and his crew would have already taken down a Yonko.. DD= Warlord, if he was as strong as you think he is he would be a Yonko and would have had the power to become one and not a Warlord. But he isn't a Yonko because he has the power of a Warlord, he is not more of a important figure than a Yonko, and you can't say as a fact that he even is a prominent force in the NW because it hasn't been stated yet.

    So... A "Underworld Broker" is more influential than a Yonko in your opinoin? That's nonsense. Not only is the government not even aware of DD's actions they don't care which means that it's not that big of a threat as a Yonko who everyone fears.. DD will most likely be taken down this "Saga" because after him they will either fight a Yonko or go on to something else. And Ceaser is the main antagonist of the Punk Hazard arc, this "arc" is one small thing in what a Saga needs to be. And Ceaser is DD's main key so he is obviously not going to be the big bad in the next few arcs. And Big Mom happening sooner than DD? -_- The man is sending people to PH in less than a day and Big Mom has to send people who are close to Fishman Island because she is most likely halfway in the NW. DD's actions against Law,DD's partnership with Ceaser, and some of his subordinates being shown in the manor that they have would only mean that he is main enemy this arc, just as other OP antagonist were shown being the Big Bad so is he. Not Big Mom who just appeared once, and not Ceaser who can get his butt kicked by Luffy so easily.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  3. #5003
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Are you serious? Are you for real serious about this? -_- A member if the Yonko is more of a threat than a member of the Warlords.. Yes, the Warlords are one of the Three Great Powers but they are nowhere as strong as a Yonko without all of them being present. DD is not gonna be fought at by the end of the series because by the time hat happens Luffy and his crew would have already taken down a Yonko.. DD= Warlord, if he was as strong as you think he is he would be a Yonko and would have had the power to become one and not a Warlord. But he isn't a Yonko because he has the power of a Warlord, he is not more of a important figure than a Yonko, and you can't say as a fact that he even is a prominent force in the NW because it hasn't been stated yet.

    So... A "Underworld Broker" is more influential than a Yonko in your opinoin? That's nonsense. Not only is the government not even aware of DD's actions they don't care which means that it's not that big of a threat as a Yonko who everyone fears.. DD will most likely be taken down this "Saga" because after him they will either fight a Yonko or go on to something else. And Ceaser is the main antagonist of the Punk Hazard arc, this "arc" is one small thing in what a Saga needs to be. And Ceaser is DD's main key so he is obviously not going to be the big bad in the next few arcs. And Big Mom happening sooner than DD? -_- The man is sending people to PH in less than a day and Big Mom has to send people who are close to Fishman Island because she is most likely halfway in the NW. DD's actions against Law,DD's partnership with Ceaser, and some of his subordinates being shown in the manor that they have would only mean that he is main enemy this arc, just as other OP antagonist were shown being the Big Bad so is he. Not Big Mom who just appeared once, and not Ceaser who can get his butt kicked by Luffy so easily.
    Shanks and Mihawk were sparring partners until Shanks lost his arm. Your argument about Warlords being weaker than Yonko is invalid. Also Yonko are strong because of the crew they have behind them. Otherwise Whitebeard would have been caught a long time ago.

  4. #5004
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Shanks and Mihawk were sparring partners until Shanks lost his arm. Your argument about Warlords being weaker than Yonko is invalid. Also Yonko are strong because of the crew they have behind them. Otherwise Whitebeard would have been caught a long time ago.
    What? I'm no Whitebeard stan but how dare you say that about the "Worlds Strongest Man" -_- His crew? Really? Shiki was only powerful and famous because of the fleet he had.. Whitebeard had not only a Devil Fruit that could destroy the world but extreme strength that could take out 10000 men at once without even touching them.. And since the Yonko are all even in power they are all pretty much that strong. Yes, Shanks and Mihawk were sparring partners before Shanks went to Luffy's village even though he was a Yonk back then -_- And he obviously had entered the Grand Line with his crew yet.. So I'm sure 10 years passed and he became stronger than Mihawk and thats why they dont "spar" anymore.. And if you would think about it, if DD is just as strong as a Yonko why didnt he already defeat one? Because he cant. Because Yonko have enough power to destroy him.. Its not a Yonko's crew that makes them Yonko, because if that was the case then why isnt Shiki a Yonko when he had the worlds largest crew in Rogers time? And if that is case why do all the Yonko have the worlds greatest Haki? Oh right, because their legit stronger than a Warlord like Hancock and Moriah -_- DD could be second strongest Warlord after Mihawk but he isnt at Yonko level or he would have been a Yonko by now since he has obviously been in the NW for years. But he isnt, why? Because he doesnt have as much power as a Yonko, a strong and mighty Warlord? Yes. Yonko level? No. And so thus, your arguement is invalid not only because you just said the Worlds Strongest man wasnt the worlds strongest but because you used a comment about past tenths "used to be sparring partners" over something like "he's the worlds greatest swordsman so he's on a Yonko level"..
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  5. #5005
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    What? I'm no Whitebeard stan but how dare you say that about the "Worlds Strongest Man" -_- His crew? Really? Shiki was only powerful and famous because of the fleet he had.. Whitebeard had not only a Devil Fruit that could destroy the world but extreme strength that could take out 10000 men at once without even touching them.. And since the Yonko are all even in power they are all pretty much that strong. Yes, Shanks and Mihawk were sparring partners before Shanks went to Luffy's village even though he was a Yonk back then -_- And he obviously had entered the Grand Line with his crew yet.. So I'm sure 10 years passed and he became stronger than Mihawk and thats why they dont "spar" anymore.. And if you would think about it, if DD is just as strong as a Yonko why didnt he already defeat one? Because he cant. Because Yonko have enough power to destroy him.. Its not a Yonko's crew that makes them Yonko, because if that was the case then why isnt Shiki a Yonko when he had the worlds largest crew in Rogers time? And if that is case why do all the Yonko have the worlds greatest Haki? Oh right, because their legit stronger than a Warlord like Hancock and Moriah -_- DD could be second strongest Warlord after Mihawk but he isnt at Yonko level or he would have been a Yonko by now since he has obviously been in the NW for years. But he isnt, why? Because he doesnt have as much power as a Yonko, a strong and mighty Warlord? Yes. Yonko level? No. And so thus, your arguement is invalid not only because you just said the Worlds Strongest man wasnt the worlds strongest but because you used a comment about past tenths "used to be sparring partners" over something like "he's the worlds greatest swordsman so he's on a Yonko level"..
    Let me ask you something, did Yonko exist in Roger's time? No is the answer from what we know and Shiki is from that time. Shiki is from the movies which is usually not canon but Strong World is unique in that Oda wrote out the plot.

    What would DD gain out of defeating a Yonko? Would it be any fun for him or amuse him?

    You do realize that all 7 warlords make up 1/3 of the world's power.

    Yonko have 4 people and each of them have over 1000s of crew members to fall back on.

    The World Government has its Marines, Navy and other staff to back up its Justice.

    All 7 Warlords with maybe the exception of Mihawk has a crew to call upon to aid them.

    So 7 people with crew members make up 1/3 of the world's power.

    Sure you can say individuals like former Warlord Moria are nowhere near Yonko level as he lost to Kaido but that does not apply to all the 7 Warlords. Especially DD who has bounty of over 300,000,000 and it is probably higher now that he is a pirate again.

    Also you are taking my "used to be sparring partners" the opposite way it was meant to appear as. I implied Mihawk stopped sparring with Shanks because Shanks lost his arm and became too weak for Mihawk to even spar against.

    Your WB fanboyism aside, the Admirals would have caught/killed WB if the threat of other Yonko weren't nearby or WB didn't have thousands of crew members and captains backing him up as seen during the WB war.
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 6th October 2012 at 1:09 AM.

  6. #5006
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Let me ask you something, did Yonko exist in Roger's time? No is the answer from what we know and Shiki is from that time. Shiki is from the movies which is usually not canon but Strong World is unique in that Oda wrote out the plot.

    What would DD gain out of defeating a Yonko? Would it be any fun for him or amuse him?

    You do realize that all 7 warlords make up 1/3 of the world's power.

    Yonko have 4 people and each of them have over 1000s of crew members to fall back on.

    The World Government has its Marines, Navy and other staff to back up its Justice.

    All 7 Warlords with maybe the exception of Mihawk has a crew to call upon to aid them.

    So 7 people with crew members make up 1/3 of the world's power.

    Sure you can say individuals like former Warlord Moria are nowhere near Yonko level as he lost to Kaido but that does not apply to all the 7 Warlords. Especially DD who has bounty of over 300,000,000 and it is probably higher now that he is a pirate again.

    Also you are taking my "used to be sparring partners" the opposite way it was meant to appear as. I implied Mihawk stopped sparring with Shanks because Shanks lost his arm and became too weak for Mihawk to even spar against.

    Your WB fanboyism aside, the Admirals would have caught/killed WB if the threat of other Yonko weren't nearby or WB didn't have thousands of crew members and captains backing him up as seen during the WB war.
    DD is still a Warlord.. He's bounty is still active, its not like he dropped the position so his bounty is still the same. And you listed the Marines twice because the Navy is the same thing -_- And did you really ignore that I dont like Whitebeard that much? He was a pervert imo.. But he was still the Worlds Strongest man, and you dont know if they had Yonko back in Roger's day because Brook proves that pirates exsisted long before he was born- and do you know how old Whitebeard is? I find it hard to believe that he suddenly became one after Roger's death and Big Mom is older than Roger too so his death couldnt have made her want to go out on the sea.. Shiki wasnt a Yonko because he was weak himself. He had no signs of Haki as Luffy clearly demonstrated when he beat him without having Haki himself at the time. Every "big name" has Conquors Haki and at the advance level it can knock out a whole platoon of people. Every Yonko posseses this so thus they are stronger than a Warlord that hasnt already seized the title for themselves. And speaking of that, DD would get alot out of it actually -_- Yonko are so feared by the Goverment that they are in a higher class than Warlords. DD had to have taken down a Yonko to become one, he didnt. Its as simple as that. DD is not on Yonko level, I will keep my opinoin you can keep yours. Oh, and remember when the Marines were too afraid to fight Shanks after they fought Whitebeard? But the three admirals were basically unharmed same as Sengoku and Garp? Because Shanks and his crew were a challenge for them, Shanks especially because he was a Yonko.. Mihawk didnt refuse to fight Shanks anymore because of his arm (thats an insult to a swordsman you know..) we dont know why they dont spar anymore, my assumption is that Shanks is not at Mihawk's strength any longer and Mihawk doesnt feel like figthning if not necessary or challenged.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  7. #5007
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Are you serious? Are you for real serious about this? -_- A member if the Yonko is more of a threat than a member of the Warlords.. Yes, the Warlords are one of the Three Great Powers but they are nowhere as strong as a Yonko without all of them being present. DD is not gonna be fought at by the end of the series because by the time hat happens Luffy and his crew would have already taken down a Yonko.. DD= Warlord, if he was as strong as you think he is he would be a Yonko and would have had the power to become one and not a Warlord. But he isn't a Yonko because he has the power of a Warlord, he is not more of a important figure than a Yonko, and you can't say as a fact that he even is a prominent force in the NW because it hasn't been stated yet.

    So... A "Underworld Broker" is more influential than a Yonko in your opinoin? That's nonsense. Not only is the government not even aware of DD's actions they don't care which means that it's not that big of a threat as a Yonko who everyone fears.. DD will most likely be taken down this "Saga" because after him they will either fight a Yonko or go on to something else. And Ceaser is the main antagonist of the Punk Hazard arc, this "arc" is one small thing in what a Saga needs to be. And Ceaser is DD's main key so he is obviously not going to be the big bad in the next few arcs. And Big Mom happening sooner than DD? -_- The man is sending people to PH in less than a day and Big Mom has to send people who are close to Fishman Island because she is most likely halfway in the NW. DD's actions against Law,DD's partnership with Ceaser, and some of his subordinates being shown in the manor that they have would only mean that he is main enemy this arc, just as other OP antagonist were shown being the Big Bad so is he. Not Big Mom who just appeared once, and not Ceaser who can get his butt kicked by Luffy so easily.
    The only Yonko that was OP was Whitebeard. The others, not so much. As mentioned, Mihawk was seemingly even enough with Shanks to make for a sparring partner. The Supernovas, who are presumably weaker then the Shichibukai, have no issue with challenging the Yonko. And you do realize the whole point of the three powers system is that they keep each other in check, right? If the Yonko were much stronger then the Shichibukai, then the Shichibukai couldn't keep them in check and the whole system would fail. So trying to argue that he's not as strong simply because he isn't one makes no sense. I said near the end, probably around the time that the Marines themselves are dealt with/changed. Blackbeard will most likely be the final villain, who I should also point out was a Shichibukai too. And Doflamingo's prominent because as mentioned, him and his subordinates have been seeded throughout several different arcs.

    Um, yeah, an underworld broker is more influential. That was kind of the point of the big reveal about him being Joker. The government not being aware of his actions is far from them not caring. We clearly see from Smoker that what he's doing is a serious issue. And you realize the flaw in such reasoning. Aside from the previously mentioned Blackbeard, the idea that if the Straw Hats fight a Yonko, then they must go on to fight someone even stronger would mean that the Marines, other Shichibukai, and other Supernovas wouldn't be fightable, and that makes no sense. Again, where are you getting this "less then a day" stuff from and how does that factor into Doflamingo being defeated? Need I point to Crocodile, who wasn't dealt with til about five arcs afterward. Big Mom obviously wasn't that far, if she expected the sweets to arrive within four days. And as I said before, I serious doubt Law is gonna be allowed to stick around for several arcs, which would be the case going by your reasoning. And if Doflamingo was the big bad this arc, why is Law's deal with Luffy about a Yonko, not him? Also, how are you gonna say that Caeser can get his butt kicked easily when he was also shown easily taking out Luffy in turn?
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  8. #5008
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    The only Yonko that was OP was Whitebeard. The others, not so much. As mentioned, Mihawk was seemingly even enough with Shanks to make for a sparring partner. The Supernovas, who are presumably weaker then the Shichibukai, have no issue with challenging the Yonko. And you do realize the whole point of the three powers system is that they keep each other in check, right? If the Yonko were much stronger then the Shichibukai, then the Shichibukai couldn't keep them in check and the whole system would fail. So trying to argue that he's not as strong simply because he isn't one makes no sense. I said near the end, probably around the time that the Marines themselves are dealt with/changed. Blackbeard will most likely be the final villain, who I should also point out was a Shichibukai too. And Doflamingo's prominent because as mentioned, him and his subordinates have been seeded throughout several different arcs.

    Um, yeah, an underworld broker is more influential. That was kind of the point of the big reveal about him being Joker. The government not being aware of his actions is far from them not caring. We clearly see from Smoker that what he's doing is a serious issue. And you realize the flaw in such reasoning. Aside from the previously mentioned Blackbeard, the idea that if the Straw Hats fight a Yonko, then they must go on to fight someone even stronger would mean that the Marines, other Shichibukai, and other Supernovas wouldn't be fightable, and that makes no sense. Again, where are you getting this "less then a day" stuff from and how does that factor into Doflamingo being defeated? Need I point to Crocodile, who wasn't dealt with til about five arcs afterward. Big Mom obviously wasn't that far, if she expected the sweets to arrive within four days. And as I said before, I serious doubt Law is gonna be allowed to stick around for several arcs, which would be the case going by your reasoning. And if Doflamingo was the big bad this arc, why is Law's deal with Luffy about a Yonko, not him? Also, how are you gonna say that Caeser can get his butt kicked easily when he was also shown easily taking out Luffy in turn?
    I guess your kinda right in the way that WB is more powerful than the other Yonko, but if you look at the balance its off.. The Goverment gets aid from 2/3 while the Yonko are only 1/3 so thus it proves that they are so strong that the Goverment not only needs two of the great powers for balance against them but it also proves that "Underworld Brokers" do not matter to most people, as they were never mentioned before entering the NW. Every other term thats important was introduced pre-Timeskip because they were important. I also find it hard to believe that if "Underworld Brokers" were just as important as the Yonko why they werent mentioned by Jinbe when he was explaining more of the NW. And in what way is a Underworld Broker more influential than a Yonko? 0_o They sell illegal things to people, yeah, that kinda makes them a threat but not as much as the most feared people in the NW. You cant really be saying that when people say "DD's gonna kill you!" over "Big Mom is gonna kill you!"the person is more afraid of a Warlord and Underworld Broker than a Yonko -_-

    And DD's prominent, okay. But that doesnt mean that all of that isnt whats leading up to what obviously is DD's arc.. Look at all of the little ways he was in the other arcs (Only Saobody and Jaya if I remember correctly), he had little roles. He did nothing that signifigant in the arcs he was connected to, but now, we have seen him in a much bigger role than he ever did in those two little arcs. What has he done that shows that he is not the Big Bad of this arc? What makes you seriously see this as mere foreshadowing for later in the series? Not only because of the Yonko thing. But because of the connections we have this arc, it is not something small like previous arcs. He has more subordinates doing more than Bellamy and Disco ever did. You are ignoring the fact that unlike previous arcs where he has been involved we are getting more detail on him. Its not something brief like with Big Mom. We have seen not just a small crew like Bellamy in action, but we have seen 4 subordinates in action, two of which are being sent to PH right now.. They are being sent there. DD didnt say "They'll be there in a few days." like an idiot, because he knows Luffy would have gotten Ceaser by then. They are being sent there in less than day because if it took any longer than that DD wouldnt have sent anyone.. DD is a genius, he would not do something stupid like send 2 people there when it would take more than a few hours when by the time they get there it will all be over. And what do you mean? I never said that DD's fight arc will be immediaetly after PH, I said that its his Saga so that means that there will be more than just two arcs -_- There could be a island or two before Dressrossa but that doesnt mean that DD is furhter in the NW than a Yonko, for instance. It would be really dumb if Law's story with DD wasnt completed and he has a connection to him. Law can stick around for however long Oda wants, there is never a deadline for a character to leave. And by you saying that Law will leave the cast until whoever knows when before they fight DD makes no sense because he has a connection to him. All I'm saying is that before they fight a Yonko, let them handle DD before they fight a Yonko.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  9. #5009
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    I guess your kinda right in the way that WB is more powerful than the other Yonko, but if you look at the balance its off.. The Goverment gets aid from 2/3 while the Yonko are only 1/3 so thus it proves that they are so strong that the Goverment not only needs two of the great powers for balance against them but it also proves that "Underworld Brokers" do not matter to most people, as they were never mentioned before entering the NW. Every other term thats important was introduced pre-Timeskip because they were important. I also find it hard to believe that if "Underworld Brokers" were just as important as the Yonko why they werent mentioned by Jinbe when he was explaining more of the NW. And in what way is a Underworld Broker more influential than a Yonko? 0_o They sell illegal things to people, yeah, that kinda makes them a threat but not as much as the most feared people in the NW. You cant really be saying that when people say "DD's gonna kill you!" over "Big Mom is gonna kill you!"the person is more afraid of a Warlord and Underworld Broker than a Yonko -_-
    The Marines needed the Shichibukai against Whitebeard, not the Yonko. Normally the Shichibukai would be doing their own thing separate from the Marines, or even opposing the Marines as several of them have done. You don't seem to get the thing with Doflamingo. Doflamingo's the only underworld broker. It's not a group or anything, there aren't a bunch of people doing it. It's unique to him. Him being the infamous Joker means that he's been secretly manipulating things from the shadows. Heck, Doflamingo's been shown enough of a threat to threaten a high-ranking Marine. And doesn't Law show just that, making a deal with Luffy to take down a Yonko instead of trying to confront Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    And DD's prominent, okay. But that doesnt mean that all of that isnt whats leading up to what obviously is DD's arc.. Look at all of the little ways he was in the other arcs (Only Saobody and Jaya if I remember correctly), he had little roles. He did nothing that signifigant in the arcs he was connected to, but now, we have seen him in a much bigger role than he ever did in those two little arcs. What has he done that shows that he is not the Big Bad of this arc? What makes you seriously see this as mere foreshadowing for later in the series? Not only because of the Yonko thing. But because of the connections we have this arc, it is not something small like previous arcs. He has more subordinates doing more than Bellamy and Disco ever did. You are ignoring the fact that unlike previous arcs where he has been involved we are getting more detail on him. Its not something brief like with Big Mom. We have seen not just a small crew like Bellamy in action, but we have seen 4 subordinates in action, two of which are being sent to PH right now.. They are being sent there. DD didnt say "They'll be there in a few days." like an idiot, because he knows Luffy would have gotten Ceaser by then. They are being sent there in less than day because if it took any longer than that DD wouldnt have sent anyone.. DD is a genius, he would not do something stupid like send 2 people there when it would take more than a few hours when by the time they get there it will all be over. And what do you mean? I never said that DD's fight arc will be immediaetly after PH, I said that its his Saga so that means that there will be more than just two arcs -_- There could be a island or two before Dressrossa but that doesnt mean that DD is furhter in the NW than a Yonko, for instance. It would be really dumb if Law's story with DD wasnt completed and he has a connection to him. Law can stick around for however long Oda wants, there is never a deadline for a character to leave. And by you saying that Law will leave the cast until whoever knows when before they fight DD makes no sense because he has a connection to him. All I'm saying is that before they fight a Yonko, let them handle DD before they fight a Yonko.
    This arc, like those previous arcs, has his subordinates plays a big part but not Doflamingo himself. If he was the big bad of the arc, then he would be involved in the arc himself. The only detail revealed about him was that he was Joker. It's not much different then when we discovered that Mr. Zero was Crocodile. Um, Caeser already showed he was capable of at least stalling Luffy, and that's ignoring the fact that Luffy only escaped due to Law. So let's not act like there's some rush to protect Caeser imminently. And how is it that Doflamingo would expect Law to be killed, but not Luffy? He mentioned to Caeser and Monet about how they knew about Law, but to be careful of Luffy as well. He was putting Luffy on the same level as Law, with the possibility that he was a better vessel. So if Law wasn't considered unbeatable, Luffy wouldn't be either. Their conversation doesn't indicate that Doflamingo is sending the two to fight Luffy, just to meet up so they can all return with Sad.

    How is it really dumb when Law has shown no intention of trying to defeat Doflamingo, even after the reveal? Law didn't ask for Luffy's help defeating him, which one would expect if he was the big bad, instead he asked for help defeating a Yonko. Law's the captain of his own ship with not even a hint of possibility joining the Straw Hat crew. He's not gonna stick around through multiple big bads. Even Vivi didn't do that and she stuck around the longest of anyone. The point is, Law doesn't seem to care about confronting Doflamingo at all, so there's no reason he would have to be involved in it.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  10. #5010

    Default

    If Law and Luffy take down Yonko there names will be big in the New World, thats what I'm looking forward to out of this. Like I said though, Dof seems to be the one they are going after next.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  11. #5011
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Maybe, so far most of the Supernovas seem to be aiming for a Yonko, so it could be they'll replace them as the future threat.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  12. #5012
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Maybe, so far most of the Supernovas seem to be aiming for a Yonko, so it could be they'll replace them as the future threat.
    Watch as all the Supernovas unite into one large alliance, all of them under Straw Hat Luffy.
    Last edited by Recon; 10th October 2012 at 2:31 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  13. #5013
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Shanks and Mihawk were sparring partners until Shanks lost his arm. Your argument about Warlords being weaker than Yonko is invalid. Also Yonko are strong because of the crew they have behind them. Otherwise Whitebeard would have been caught a long time ago.
    Yet all of Whitebeards appearances outside of the Marineford-arc have been majorily without his crew backing him.. -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Watch as all the Yoko unite into one large alliance, all of them under Straw Hat Luffy.
    Bwhahahaha.. I can't see Shanks alligning with Teach.. If that was what you were implying! xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  14. #5014
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    I can easily see Luffy becoming like Whitebeard and having bunch of powerful pirates under him. He's already basically has Jinbei and his crew, and I doubt Whitebeard's former crews would have any issue with him.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  15. #5015
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Bwhahahaha.. I can't see Shanks alligning with Teach.. If that was what you were implying! xD
    Wow, I must have been tired when I wrote that, I meant to say Supernovas. Watch the all the supernovas unite under Straw Hat Luffy and he becomes one of the Yonko after the fall of Big Mom. Le Epic fail.
    Last edited by Recon; 10th October 2012 at 2:34 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  16. #5016
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    ...Momonosuke?

    Uh, is it just me, or does that dragon look a lot like Toriyama's dragons in his early Dragonball art?

  17. #5017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Maybe, so far most of the Supernovas seem to be aiming for a Yonko, so it could be they'll replace them as the future threat.
    I can see Luffy becoming one after he defeats Big Mom without wanting to.

    Todays chapter was pretty fun..

    Smoker V.S Vergo was pretty wicked, finally hes getting redeemed. Too bad its making Sanji look week in the process but oh wells, hopefully the guy gets redeemed too later on.

    Its annoying and funny how Zoro's just doing nothing while every things falling apart in front of him. Annoying cuz he gave this big speech to Luffy about taking the New World seriously yet hes just relaxing and chilling in the back while the crew could very well get killed out of this deal, dude to live up to your own words :P

    Luffy found an adorable dragon how cute, hey'll want to keep it as a pet, too bad that one arc where Luffy meets an actual dragon counts as filler or else he'd be able to say some thing about that HA. I can't wait to see what Luffy's going to want to do with him next, maybe the new Chopper? Not doctor wise of course but replace him as the mascott of the crew. Than again, I think we all know who the dragon really is...

    Sanji was pretty cool/funny too dispite not finishing his fight with Vergo, hope he gets to do some thing to help the Strawhats in the end of this arc.

    Franky seems to be still missing, whats he been up too? Poor guys been out of the action for a while now.

    Over all yah fun chapter. Can't wait for the next one ^
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  18. #5018
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    ...Momonosuke?

    Uh, is it just me, or does that dragon look a lot like Toriyama's dragons in his early Dragonball art?
    Looks like I'm not the only one who though it was Shenlong's baby nephew.

    But it's not too surprising, since Oda was heavily inspired by Toriyama's work and they did a crossover one-shot together as well.
    Last edited by Recon; 10th October 2012 at 3:32 PM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  19. #5019
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Decent chapter, not much to say.. I knew Ceaser was going to further close the doors.. That's just like him.. The dragon was odd.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  20. #5020
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Enjoyed Sanji's interaction with the G5 Marines and Tashigi. Nice to hear Caesar's plan, but can't see it working the way he wants. Was also nice to see what had happen back with Vegapunk. Still a nice chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  21. #5021
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Who else thinks that we might get a flashback next chapter on how Ceaser escaped the Marines and came back to PH using DD? I would actually enjoy one after this chapter.. it was kinda.. meh.. I mean why did Sanji and Tashigi take up half of the chapter? Why couldnt we get two pages on their exploits? Luffy found Momonsuke so there's no real need for them to keep on searching for him (Horray!) This just adds on to the assumption that Kinemon could join the crew along with his son, I think this could also lead into a flashback on how the Dragons affect the people of Wano Country. Ceaser also seems to be more cunning than strong -_- Watch B5 and Buffalo show up and save him after Luffy begins to fight him for a third time.. Thus Oda trolls us and makes us wait for whenever Ceaser will appear again (in Dressrossa with DD?)
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  22. #5022
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Who else thinks that we might get a flashback next chapter on how Ceaser escaped the Marines and came back to PH using DD? I would actually enjoy one after this chapter.. it was kinda.. meh.. I mean why did Sanji and Tashigi take up half of the chapter? Why couldnt we get two pages on their exploits? Luffy found Momonsuke so there's no real need for them to keep on searching for him (Horray!) This just adds on to the assumption that Kinemon could join the crew along with his son, I think this could also lead into a flashback on how the Dragons affect the people of Wano Country. Ceaser also seems to be more cunning than strong -_- Watch B5 and Buffalo show up and save him after Luffy begins to fight him for a third time.. Thus Oda trolls us and makes us wait for whenever Ceaser will appear again (in Dressrossa with DD?)
    Now that you bring it up, it would make a lot of sense for Ceaser to be rescued like that and brought back to Dressrossa. It would give the Straw Hats a good reason to go there and give Doflamingo the ***-kicking he deserves (or at least the one he deserves according to Sanji. Seriously, forget the "Underworld Broker" title. He's already well known for being the P.I.M.P that he is).

  23. #5023
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Really loved the interaction between Luffy and Momonosuke. So Momonosuke avoid the poison due to his stubborn pride and the other children only have five more years if they keep on the candies. Enjoyed the cameos of everyone else, especially of Smoker getting the edge on Vergo. Good chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  24. #5024
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Momonsuke is a devil fruit user like his dad?.. So does that mean that he can become a boy again with the help of Chopper? Or maybe the "man-made" fruits have a defect that they dont have the same properties as the normal fruits.. So maybe Momo will remain a Dragon forever? And my hunch is that CC also made Smiley's fruit considering that he was created right after Ceaser left Marine Headquaters he couldnt have had time to find a fruit and feed it to the remains of PH.. Also, CC's ability intrigues me.. Could the SAD be a really powerful weapon that can take away a person's DF power? And with if BB finds out a person can make a DF.. Will he try to attain Ceaser to use him to make him an army of DF users?.. Let me tell you PH has finally caught my attention once again!

    And... Momo saw DD in a hallucination.. Yeah.. Something tells me that Kinemon and Momo arent going anywhere until all of this DD stuff is settled, seeing how Samurai's hold powerful grudges. And with Law possibly being involved in this DD Saga we should have some fun islands before the Big Mom War Saga. Especially the kicking of DD's butt.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  25. #5025
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    And my hunch is that CC also made Smiley's fruit considering that he was created right after Ceaser left Marine Headquaters he couldnt have had time to find a fruit and feed it to the remains of PH..
    Odds are, if that was the case, then the fruit Momonosuke ate was probably the prototype for Smiley's, as both of them are shaped like apples.

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Could the SAD be a really powerful weapon that can take away a person's DF power?
    Doubt it, the ability to take away/cancel a DF power belongs to the Yami-Yami fruit, which we all know Blackbeard has eaten. So unless Caesar took samples of Blackbeard or experimented on him, I honestly doubt it.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Page 201 of 231 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •