Page 212 of 231 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 5752

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

  1. #5276
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    At first, I didn't notice it, but when I gave it another look, it looked like Law's gotten trapped in Luffy's "pace".

  2. #5277
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    I really liked this chapter. I was surprised to learn about Buggy's promotion to Warlord, and I was also surprised at the end of the chapter when Doflamingo revealed that he had the Mera Mera fruit. I also like that the Marines plan to take action as well. I love how this new arc is shaping up. It already looks like it'll be better than the Punk Hazard arc.

  3. #5278
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Buggy becoming a Warlord was theorized a while back, so the promotion was to be expected. Interesting to see Bonney free again, hope she encounters the Straw Hats soon, and can't wait to see what the deal is with Absalom. Also, some nice cameos we got of Jinbe and Crocodile. Good chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  4. #5279
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    666

    Default

    i think sabo is the 7th warloard.

    i hope luffy doesn't try and eat the ace's fruit. luffy shouldn't be burnt rubber.
    Last edited by Heldigunner1; 28th February 2013 at 11:01 PM.

  5. #5280
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Buggy as a warlord, im not supired but still i don't see him as a threat at all. Than been said he could have toughen up in the last two years.

    i still love that Law is started to be effect by the crews... um in lack of a better word stupidity/care feel attitude, with the "i not a fan of bread" and then he relised what he just said. Priceless

  6. #5281
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    i think sabo is the 7th warloard.

    i hope luffy doesn't try and eat the ace's fruit. luffy shouldn't be burnt rubber.
    According to what was said during the CP9 Saga, anyone that eats more than one Devil Fruit will die, but alas, you can only believe some of what you see and none of what you hear.

    ...

    WHO WANTS TO MAKE WAGERS ON WHO'LL EAT THE MERA MERA NO MI?!

  7. #5282
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    According to what was said during the CP9 Saga, anyone that eats more than one Devil Fruit will die, but alas, you can only believe some of what you see and none of what you hear.

    WHO WANTS TO MAKE WAGERS ON WHO'LL EAT THE MERA MERA NO MI?!
    Not going to make a wager on it, but I'd just state that the cover of OP699 features Luffy with a CoA arm and flames. And before anyone mentions Red Hawk, it's not, as proven by the cover of one of the volumes from the FI-arc, which showcases Red Hawk as being completely red, and with movement, and not just Luffy holding up an arm.

    Not saying that Luffy will eat it, but it would definitely count as 'possible forshadowing'. I'd guess that Luffy would still be a Rubber-man, but could access the fire powers as well. Imagine stuff like how Naruto is able to attack with the Kyuubi Cloak. Luffy could create something like a flaming whip attack with his fingers/arms.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  8. #5283
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not going to make a wager on it, but I'd just state that the cover of OP699 features Luffy with a CoA arm and flames. And before anyone mentions Red Hawk, it's not, as proven by the cover of one of the volumes from the FI-arc, which showcases Red Hawk as being completely red, and with movement, and not just Luffy holding up an arm.

    Not saying that Luffy will eat it, but it would definitely count as 'possible forshadowing'. I'd guess that Luffy would still be a Rubber-man, but could access the fire powers as well. Imagine stuff like how Naruto is able to attack with the Kyuubi Cloak. Luffy could create something like a flaming whip attack with his fingers/arms.
    As interesting as that sounds, I can imagine that after eating a second Devil Fruit, his body would be eaten away from the inside, but his pre-existing rubber powers would delay this process long enough for him to take care of some important business.

    ...If only it were possible to speak to previous users of the consumed Devil Fruit.

  9. #5284
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,094

    Default

    Caribou, you truly are the new Buggy. Stop getting yourself into trouble Enel-Darnit.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  10. #5285
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    So, this guy is Fujitora? He looks like a Japanese actor like Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu did.

    With One Piece being over 700 chapters long, having a blind character feels kind of something that we should've seen long ago.

    A gravity fruit? That seems like a Paramecia, not a Logia.

    A country filled with living toys? Sounds a lot like Wapol's doing, huh?
    Last edited by lolipiece; 6th March 2013 at 12:52 PM.

  11. #5286
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So, this guy is Fujitora? He looks like a Japanese actor like Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu did.

    With One Piece being over 700 chapters long, having a blind character feels kind of something that we should've seen long ago.

    A gravity fruit? That seems like a Paramecia, not a Logia.

    A country filled with living toys? Sounds a lot like Wapol's doing, huh?
    Possibly. I hope so.

    Well, Zoro is half blind, but yeah he is the first blind character.

    If he is Fujitora, then yeah, though it's not like there a trend, so I won't mind.

    Oh, that Wapol. Honestly, I don't really care for the whole living toys part of Dressrosa.

    Nice chapter I think, though I didn't really think Dressrosa was this lively and had these many people. Not to sure about what I think of the Acacia.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  12. #5287
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    So apparently Momonosuke can't do dragon things as a dragon because he did something bad. Bet he ate someone.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  13. #5288
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Enjoyed Luffy competing with an eight-year old, and Chopper losing it when he learnt Sanji wasn't there to help. Their disguises were hilarious. Dressrosa is pretty interesting. And that old guy at the end was great. Very good chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  14. #5289
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    Dressrosa seems like a really interesting place; probably one of my favorite places in the One Piece universe so far. I liked that toys could walk around and blend in with everyone else. I also loved seeing Momonosuke and Luffy fighting; it's funny scenes like those that make me enjoy reading this manga. Good chapter this week.

  15. #5290

    Default

    Really loved the chapter myself, I have a feeling this will be a favorite arc of mine out of the Time skip. Every thing just seems so fun already, one big adventure which is what One Piece is really all about. I loved how Team Luffy {the strongest of the crew} Just goes off and does there own thing, I can't wait to see them in action without Law cuz now they can go all out without any one telling them what do. One thing I love about Luffy is, no matter what age they are he tells it how it is and they do learn and grow from it funny enough, he even does this with woman {Vivi} I loved the fight Luffy had with the kid, that should be funny to see in the anime. Poor Team Nami, without any Monster Trio to back them up they are screwed, tune in next time when they get caught by Dof or the main villain of this arc HA. Law really going through with this idea? Dof is not stupid, he thinks far a head about what could happen and trys to out smart them and get away with things, Law is not stupid either now he could be thinking in over his head and had an ego trip due to what happened on the last island or he has some thing ???

    I'm honestly shocked Sanji went with Luffy's team, normally he stays behind to watch over Nami, oh well now we can see what he can do without any woman or weakling characters to protect YAY!!

    Over all, fun chapter and I'm really looking forward to this arc and wano.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  16. #5291
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    So apparently Momonosuke can't do dragon things as a dragon because he did something bad. Bet he ate someone.
    Or one of the flying Dragons that we know exist in Wano Country tried to eat him... Which may be why we saw the quote (Whats your name?) appeared because he was curious and was almost eating by a flying Dragon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Dressrosa seems like a really interesting place; probably one of my favorite places in the One Piece universe so far. I liked that toys could walk around and blend in with everyone else. I also loved seeing Momonosuke and Luffy fighting; it's funny scenes like those that make me enjoy reading this manga. Good chapter this week.
    Ciccone likes something ))
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Really loved the chapter myself, I have a feeling this will be a favorite arc of mine out of the Time skip. Every thing just seems so fun already, one big adventure which is what One Piece is really all about. I loved how Team Luffy {the strongest of the crew} Just goes off and does there own thing, I can't wait to see them in action without Law cuz now they can go all out without any one telling them what do. One thing I love about Luffy is, no matter what age they are he tells it how it is and they do learn and grow from it funny enough, he even does this with woman {Vivi} I loved the fight Luffy had with the kid, that should be funny to see in the anime. Poor Team Nami, without any Monster Trio to back them up they are screwed, tune in next time when they get caught by Dof or the main villain of this arc HA. Law really going through with this idea? Dof is not stupid, he thinks far a head about what could happen and trys to out smart them and get away with things, Law is not stupid either now he could be thinking in over his head and had an ego trip due to what happened on the last island or he has some thing ???

    I'm honestly shocked Sanji went with Luffy's team, normally he stays behind to watch over Nami, oh well now we can see what he can do without any woman or weakling characters to protect YAY!!

    Over all, fun chapter and I'm really looking forward to this arc and wano.
    You know... Sanji has never walk with Nami when an arc initially begins, right? Its usually after something happens he rushes to Nami's side- so, its not Nami or the weak trio who have been holding him back from fighting its because of him being smarter than Luffy to hit first and ask questions later.

    But yeah, this does look like its gonna be a big adventure arc :O I wonder what Law expects might happen on this island... Could this end up being a multi-island arc with some SH's on Green Bit some on Dressrosa and some on Zou? I'm hoping thats the case because an arc like that would be something else new and fresh for the New World.

    Women in passionate heat stabbing people after a betrayal? So thats why Baby 5 is so passionate its just the nature of the women of Dressrosa :/ I wonder if Sanji will woo a woman and cause her to kick his *** so then Nami has to step in and handle her Kalifa-style.

    Blind Guy= Scopper Gaban... Going with that for now...

    Toys walking around like people, huh? And some people have adopted them as children... Wow... Oda sure made that an unpredictable fact about this island and I like it
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  17. #5292
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not going to make a wager on it, but I'd just state that the cover of OP699 features Luffy with a CoA arm and flames. And before anyone mentions Red Hawk, it's not, as proven by the cover of one of the volumes from the FI-arc, which showcases Red Hawk as being completely red, and with movement, and not just Luffy holding up an arm.

    Not saying that Luffy will eat it, but it would definitely count as 'possible forshadowing'. I'd guess that Luffy would still be a Rubber-man, but could access the fire powers as well. Imagine stuff like how Naruto is able to attack with the Kyuubi Cloak. Luffy could create something like a flaming whip attack with his fingers/arms.
    Why would Luffy be foreshadowed to get Mera-Mera no Mi powers...? All it does is destroy his unique fighting style and makes him quite OP in the New World. Plus it'll be boring quite quickly to see the power scale creep to now having opponents with two devil fruits (Blackbeard should be the ONLY one that can do this, and rightfully so).

    Also, if Luffy is able to utilize Red Hawk on his arms, who's to say that he doesn't utilize a Red Hawk variant in his other techniques (involving fingers, legs, etc.)? Thus Mera-Mera won't be necessary.

  18. #5293
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Why would Luffy be foreshadowed to get Mera-Mera no Mi powers...? All it does is destroy his unique fighting style and makes him quite OP in the New World. Plus it'll be boring quite quickly to see the power scale creep to now having opponents with two devil fruits (Blackbeard should be the ONLY one that can do this, and rightfully so).

    Also, if Luffy is able to utilize Red Hawk on his arms, who's to say that he doesn't utilize a Red Hawk variant in his other techniques (involving fingers, legs, etc.)? Thus Mera-Mera won't be necessary.
    Because his arms are flaming, and it isn't Red Hawk-style? How the heck should he otherwise get flames on his arms. It's forshadowing because the cover was for the issue of Chapter 699, while DD's possession of the Fire Fruit was revealed in Chapter 700. That's forshadowing RIGHT THERE. So not saying that Luffy will eat it, but that it did forshadow, at least, the appearance of the Mera Mera-no Mi.

    You think a Rubber-guy is OP in the New World when his direct opponent has a Fruit Negating Fruit, and the Gura Gura-no Mi? I mean really? You think that they equal? Gomu vs. Yami Gura? Definitely not equal right there... Fire is already present nowadays in Luffy's arsenal through Red Hawk, that much is true, but it is extremely strenuous for his body, so why not make it a LITTLE bit easier to use?

    Red Hawk definitely put a strain on Luffy. It's his most strenuous technique, and I'm just saying that the Fire Fruit would help immensily.

    Why should Blackbeard be the only one to do so? Do you have the answer? No, you don't. So 'rightfully so' is a statement based on absolutely nothing, which I won't even take into account, until BB's body gets explained.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  19. #5294
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,094

    Default

    No chapter today/tomorrow guys.

    Oda is sick. Next week though.

    I just hope we find out who that blind man is in the next chapter, Fujitora or not.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  20. #5295
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    No chapter today/tomorrow guys.

    Oda is sick. Next week though.

    I just hope we find out who that blind man is in the next chapter, Fujitora or not.
    We should, shouldn't we? I mean Luffy, Franky, Zoro, Sanji and Kinemon are in the same room! Luffy will not keep his mouth shut, I'm sure about it.. And if Fujitora is an admiral, then the people should know about him, don't they?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  21. #5296

    Default

    Sucks that we don't have a new chapter, was dying for more cuz last chapter really had me on the edge of my seat.
    I don't think this guy will even notice Luffy's Luffy till some one says his nameXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  22. #5297
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Because his arms are flaming, and it isn't Red Hawk-style? How the heck should he otherwise get flames on his arms. It's forshadowing because the cover was for the issue of Chapter 699, while DD's possession of the Fire Fruit was revealed in Chapter 700. That's forshadowing RIGHT THERE. So not saying that Luffy will eat it, but that it did forshadow, at least, the appearance of the Mera Mera-no Mi.

    You think a Rubber-guy is OP in the New World when his direct opponent has a Fruit Negating Fruit, and the Gura Gura-no Mi? I mean really? You think that they equal? Gomu vs. Yami Gura? Definitely not equal right there... Fire is already present nowadays in Luffy's arsenal through Red Hawk, that much is true, but it is extremely strenuous for his body, so why not make it a LITTLE bit easier to use?

    Red Hawk definitely put a strain on Luffy. It's his most strenuous technique, and I'm just saying that the Fire Fruit would help immensily.

    Why should Blackbeard be the only one to do so? Do you have the answer? No, you don't. So 'rightfully so' is a statement based on absolutely nothing, which I won't even take into account, until BB's body gets explained.. -.-
    I'll agree that it may foreshadow the Mera-Mera no Mi's appearance, but I'm not convinced that it means he'll eat the fruit.

    It's not like Blackbeard's entire body negates the power of the devil fruit. Blackbeard's body is still prone to taking damage, since Yami-Yami doesn't cover all of his body. Also, Blackbeard has to touch Luffy for an extended period of time. That is not efficient considering how much faster Luffy has become. Plus, Luffy does have Haki, and that is surely going to be developed as we move through the arcs, so it's not like he can't defend himself other than the use of the Mera-Mera no Mi. And if anything, he probably wouldn't eat it, and would rather keep it as a tribute to Ace.

    Luffy wasn't even fazed by Red Hawk's drawbacks. I re-read the manga pages right after Red Hawk happened, he went right away, took damage from Hodi's shark attack and punched Hodi with Elephant Gun. And then decided to Elephant Gatling not only Hodi, but also Noah. If anything, it's the combination of moves coupled with Luffy pushing his body to the limit to save Fishman Island, rather than Red Hawk as a standalone cause. So you can't even argue that Mera-Mera would help when it was a multitude of factors that took a toll on Luffy's body.

    Uh...because, he's the ONLY character in the manga proven thus far that is able to use two devil fruits? I don't think Oda would back down on the rule that two devil fruits being eaten would equal death. Plus look at BB's Jolly Roger, If you're going to foreshadow Mera-Mera no Mi's appearance through Luffy's arm being fiery (as opposed to Red Hawk), then I'm gonna argue that BB's Jolly Roger is foreshadowing that Blackbeard may have the unique ability to possess at least 2 devil fruits (3 max). Where he will have a Logia (Yami-Yami no Mi), Paramecia (Gura-Gura no Mi), and a Zoan fruit.

  23. #5298
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    ...For some reason, I still can't get that huge, gaping hole out of my head. It's just stuck there, but then again, it was pretty funny to see someone get crused by gravity that bad. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter, if only to see who the gravity guy is. I can wait.

  24. #5299
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    Oh look, a tournament arc.

    That's a new one.

  25. #5300
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,094

    Default

    So those names for Doflamingo's other subordinates sure aren't what I expected and they are diverse in my opinion. Though, this is one piece.

    I doubt this tournament thing will last long. Maybe it might be interrupted soon.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Page 212 of 231 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •