Page 218 of 231 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 5758

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    8 (six alive) people isn't common.
    Roger: Very, very likely...
    Whitebeard
    Ace

Rayleigh
    Shanks
    Luffy
    Boa
    Doflamingo
    Chinjao

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaidou, Big Mom, and Blackbeard also having CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Well. Since One Piece is on break and there is no new chapter to talk about, there is something that I have been mulling around my head concerning Blackbeard.

Since gaining the Yami Yami no Mi abd Gura Gura no Mi, I can't help but feel like a power creep may be caused because of it. Not because he has one of the strongest Paramecia type Devil Fruits in his arsenal now, but because its what we have learned he has been doing since the time skip, which is going around collecting Devil Fruits to use.

The reason I bring this up is because of Naruto actually and the Sharingan. Now, there really is no more a broken technique in manga than the Sharingan, especially the Mangekyo Sharingan. And I'm certainly not comparing the Yami Yami no Mi to it. But Devil Fruit in question could potentially have the same negative effects on the series as the Sharingan in that it's one of those things that "Breaks the rules of the game".

The Sharingan breaks the rule in that most characters in Naruto are normally only capable of one kind chakra Nature, unless a Kekki Genkai would dictate otherwise. But the Sharingan basically says so long as you see a move, regardless of nature you are capable of and the move in question, it could be copied. You can see the ridiculousness that it entails, case in point Sasuke and Kakashi, characters that can pretty much learn any technique under the sun. And that doesn't entail the reality warping powers that the Mangekyo Sharingan gives them.

It would seem like the Yami Yami no Mi sort of works in the same way in that, normally a person is capable of consuming one Devil Fruit but the Yami Yami no Mi seems to say that you can literally have any Devil Fruit, despite the fact that you already have one.

Which I can't help but feel like Blackbeard will eventually become a character of Sasuke like proportions where it takes ridiculous abilities (Well, more ridiculous than the ones already present in One Piece) to even remotely stand a chance against him. Sasuke has eyes that pretty much can decide the entire reality of the world and to counteract that and make sure that Naruto doesn't pale in comparison, he was given the pretty much broken Kurama Cloak that makes any other technique he knows other than the Rasengan utter pointless despite having the pretty interesting and cool Senjutsu and Sage thing going on (Which I believe was only introduced as a tribute to Jiraya and the whole Pain Arc which is why it pretty much becomes useless after that). Imagine what Luffy would have to gain in order to combat Blackbeard if the implication is that Blackbeard can literally have whatever Devil Fruit he so chooses and with the broad spectrum of Fruits there are in One Piece including ones we haven't even see yet, that could pretty much entail everything.

For me, Luffy's character probably won't peak much higher than he already is. Before the time skip happened, One Piece made it a point to show just how unprepared Luffy was for the New World be having him lose constantly, despite us being so used to seeing him always win. They took the opportunity to say that "Hey, you may think you are strong, but the people in the New World have you hopelessly and hilariously outmatched" and made sure that he not only was ready for the New World, but prove he could survive with no trouble. He learns Haki and to a pretty powerful extent by giving him all 3 forms of it. He already has Gear second and Gear Third, so I have to ask "What else is there for him to learn?" He already has access to one of the most powerful techniques in the series, so what else can he do? Because of the laws of One Piece, he has only one Devil Fruit and you can't eat another so you are forced to advance that ability until you can't conceivably think of any other possible way to use it. So what happens when he faces a character like Blackbeard who potentially could be "lol, I have every ability in existence". What kind of power would Oda have to give Luffy to even stand a chance against that. He had trouble taking him when he had just one Devil Fruit (Although the argument could be made that Luffy was a lot weaker than he was back then) so how could he beat him when he could have access to literally hundreds.

Again, this is just mere speculation and that probably won't happen. It's just a thought that occurred to me.
    Have you ever seen Beyblade? I don't remember much of it, but in the end (or is it?) the main character had to face this Russian dude, who had previously stolen pretty much all the 'bitbeasts' of the other competitors. Didn't stop the main character from defeating him in the end, with only his single 'bitbeast' he had from the start.

And at the end of the day, Luffy vs. Blackbeard will (very likely) end up in Creativity/Determination/Quality vs. Brute Strength/Cockiness/Quantity. Your typical shonen fair. Although with Elephant Gatling Gun, it's hard to say that Luffy doesn't pack raw power as well.

Aside from that, how many techniques has Sasuke 'copied' with the Sharingan I honestly ask you. I haven't seen him spamming other things that he himself came up aside from the standard MS-techniques, some of which he devised as well, such as Enton. Kirin, and most of his Lightning based techniques were all his own ideas, aside from Chidori, which was taught to him by Kakashi.
    Last edited by Locormus; 23rd July 2013 at 6:09 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Break this week people, dang it
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

So this week!

- Sai vs. Funk Brothers: Sai
    - Ideo vs. Chinjao: Chinjao
    - Sai vs. Luffy: Luffy
    - Final 2: Luffy vs. Chinjao

Somewhere Jean Ango gets eliminated from the tournament, dunno how.. I'm guessing Luffy/Ideo/Chinjao whacks him out.

So....... Next week the conclusion of Block C I hope.. And then back to Law/Usopp/Robin/Franky/Sanji/Zoro..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

so excited for luffy to finish off block C.

Shines I own/owned: Drifblim, Golurk, Bannette

Help me hatch my above eggs! ^

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGligar View Post
    so excited for luffy to finish off block C.
    Anybody want to place bets on how many pages it's going to take to KO Chinjao?

Wow, wow this weeks chapter had some amazing moments that makes me really want to see them get animated dispite how horrible the anime has been as of late. Don V.S Luffy looks like it's going to be one of a fight, finally a tough fight for Luffy, the ones he's been getting have been weak

Looks like it could be like Luffy V.S Z, YES!!!

Sucks that we have another break, as things get exciting too

This new bounty hunter guy interests me, hope we are not done with him just yet, would be cool if he was a major villain later on or some thing and Crocodile got involved since the guy threw his name into that group. Can't wait for the next chapter
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 31st July 2013 at 8:40 AM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Wow. That was awesome.

Too bad the world's creepiest fruit didn't really get to do much, but I'll expect the Funk Brothers to show up again.

This chapter was really really really underwhelming after we've had a break and then another one next week -_- Luffy and Chinjao took out all of the other competitors and totally pointless BS took up most of the chapter including that weird new DF Jake Jake :/ Of course that was the only really good part of this chapter since it was new and unexpected, and the cover page I liked seeing Scotch be awesome too... Other than that this chapter was truly pathetic and I hope the next one in two weeks gets back to the others because this tournament is turning me off the entire Dressrosa arc.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

This week's chapter was pretty tame. I'm not that interested in the tournament so that might explain why I wasn't impressed with these small fights. Luffy vs. Chinjao looks interesting but since Luffy has been beating people left and right in this tournament like nothing, I kind of know what to expect already. The only part of the chapter that I liked was the mention of the escaped Impel Down prisoners and how many of them have been rounded up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    This week's chapter was pretty tame. I'm not that interested in the tournament so that might explain why I wasn't impressed with these small fights. Luffy vs. Chinjao looks interesting but since Luffy has been beating people left and right in this tournament like nothing, I kind of know what to expect already. The only part of the chapter that I liked was the mention of the escaped Impel Down prisoners and how many of them have been rounded up.
    Luffy may beat the guy but this one should at least be able give him a good fight, let the guy show off his haki like what happened in his fight with Z, that was pure gold in my opinion.

Though, I don't think Luffy will use his full of his power due to the fact that he has to fight some of Dof's men once his fight with Don is over once they see what a threat he can be to Dof, not to mention maybe Burgress still in the finales still, even if short. Still, should be one of his top fights in this arc at least.

Speaking of Burgress, bet at the end of the Dof arc and after they beat him hey'll report this news to BlackBeard making him even more interested in Luffy, setting up the fight between them later on. Heck, how man of you bet they'll run into each other before than and BlackBeard does some thing on purpose to tick him off? That'd make the future fight more intense and crazy, that's just my guess.

I also think the end of the tournament arc, Dof's men will report news to Dof himself after nearly crushing Law, enter Luffy V.S Dof a couple of times later on the road. Yes, I think Luffy V.S Dof will take a couple of times before the actual defeat, this guy will be Luffy's strongest yet, next arc after a few filler villains should be Big Mom

Huh. So the toys are former humans.

I was just expecting them to be regular animated toys through a fruit.

Now the real question is why Doflamingo would do this.

I really liked this chapter Sooo much better than the one last week :/

We now know a bit more of the laws of Dressrosa that were established when the DonQuoixte Family came into power, no one can go out after curfew and the toys aren't allowed in humans houses and vice versa...

We also know the Toys were former humans which could mean that either someone possesses a Toy Toy no mi or it could be the same method of how method of how Moriah created his Zombies, which could mean DD sent Moria there after the war and now he serves under him? Nah, probably not...

Of course, the people have forgotten about their loved ones so its probably a new type of fruit
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

This week's chapter was better than last week's imo. I didn't care for Luffy and Chinjao's fight though; I was more interested in the part about the toys. It seems there's a DF user who can turn people into toys which automatically reminded me of Moria's ability to use people's shadows to create zombies. I also like that we got to see Law for a second; it looks like he's in big trouble at the moment. I hope someone comes and helps him. The part about the factory being in the colosseum's basement was also interesting.

This week's chapter was better than last week's imo. I didn't care for Luffy and Chinjao's fight though; I was more interested in the part about the toys. It seems there's a DF user who can turn people into toys which automatically reminded me of Moria's ability to use people's shadows to create zombies. I also like that we got to see Law for a second; it looks like he's in big trouble at the moment. I hope someone comes and helps him. The part about the factory being in the colosseum's basement was also interesting.
    Maybe the creation of the toys could be a result of the Distortion DF powers that were used earlier to mutilate the Thousand Sunny. Perhaps the woman with that DF power can also use it to distort memories, thus causing long-term amnesia or changing memories entirely in a way that the person can not sort out what happened in their mind.

Wow,this was one of the better chapters this year. Gave is lots of informations, foreshadowing of what's to come and what's going on with other characters too. Wonder when the tournament will get crashed? Clearly we won't make it to the end with what's going on, every thing being under the tournament, it's about to get nuts too.

This arc just got a lot darker folks, we are getting more and more reasons why Luffy should crush him to the inch of his life, dirt bag deserves it. Poor people of the island, what has happened with the people who got defeated in the tournament? It'd be intresting if they were involved in all this one way or another, course I have a feeling Bellamy / Don / Bart will be playing a part in this arc too, big parts. LOL
    after this, Luffy will have all kinds of fan boysXD

I hope Usopp's lies catch up with him soon, it's funny and all but he's being such a jerk at the same time doing all this.

Sanji about to enter Luffy's plot some how, he's going to try and tell him what's going on, Dof's men will attack at some point, that'd be fun.

Gotta laugh at Law getting crushed like this, of all people he calls Nami for back up though? Your a doomed man, sorry Law. Oh we'll,
    don't worry the Starwhats will come to save you sooner or later HA.

Has Zoro died off screen? I knew his horrible sense of directions would kill him one of these days :/

Bug fruits, huh. Not exactly new, but the only others who've had them were pretty minor characters.

That's a waste on people who are already small. Do hope more normal-sized people use them later on.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 19th August 2013 at 11:38 AM.

I was going to wait for better translations of the chapter, but I couldn't resist reading the current version. I liked that Franky caught up with Zoro, and those bug Devil Fruit dwarves were cute. I also liked that we saw Nami fighting against that art woman, as well as a bit more of Law vs. Doflamingo. It seems like Luffy vs. Chinjao will end soon now that Luffy has retaliated.

Pretty good chapter from what I could tell. LOL Zoro's plot, worst sense of direction ever!
    Can't wait to see Luffy V.S Don in the anime

I was going to wait for better translations of the chapter, but I couldn't resist reading the current version. I liked that Franky caught up with Zoro, and those bug Devil Fruit dwarves were cute. I also liked that we saw Nami fighting against that art woman, as well as a bit more of Law vs. Doflamingo. It seems like Luffy vs. Chinjao will end soon now that Luffy has retaliated.
    And Luffy gave him his Gomu Gomu no-HE LOOK AT ME WORLD I'M LUFFY D. MONKEY! attack..

Personally, aside from scanquality, I found this chapter to be a mess regardless and didn't like it. Nami was my most favorite moment. But if this is Oda trying to butter us up for the finale, then I'm not convinced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    And Luffy gave him his Gomu Gomu no-HE LOOK AT ME WORLD I'M LUFFY D. MONKEY! attack..

Personally, aside from scanquality, I found this chapter to be a mess regardless and didn't like it. Nami was my most favorite moment. But if this is Oda trying to butter us up for the finale, then I'm not convinced yet.
    Well Luffy revealing himself doesn't really matter. Doflamingo already knew he was in the tournament.

They all look pretty screwed lol. Wonder how this will all play out next week.
    Fc: 5027 9186 9288

hello

Chinjao should probably see a doctor about that head of his.

And Thor Elephant Gun? Didn't he use a Thor move on Shiki in Strong World?

There, he had to use lightning (which Usopp apparently carries in his ammo...for some reason). Here, he apparently just summons it. Guess it was wasn't really lighting.

I felt bad for Chinjao after that flashback.

Otherwise, it was an okay chapter. There's too many characters in the tournament to keep track of, and I'm wondering when this whole tourney shindig will get DBZ'd to advance the plot.

Glad Chinjao was finally beaten, although I did find his story funny. He lost his signature move and access to his treasure when Garp beat him so I kind of understand why he held a grudge against his family. But his head seems to be pointy again thanks to Luffy so hopefully he'll stop hating him now and maybe even become an ally.

That was pretty good, Luffy V.S Don ending was funny as heck but at the same time just awesome! Loved Luffy's new move, I'm loving all these new attacks he's been shoving out as of late, I'm sure hey'll have more, Dof and some of his men are up next after all not to mention Burgress who now knows who really is.

On top of that, he's now got a few people who's after his head, that should be fun. I'm looking forward to the after math of all that

Aokiji and Blackbeard teaming up? I bet Kuzan's up to something.

Bartolomeo saw Luffy getting hit by lightning at Loguetown and is now a fan of him? Awesome.

Don Chinjao is now on good terms with Luffy, I'm glad.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Page 218 of 231 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast