Page 241 of 253 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 6308

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

My only problem with a Blackbeard vs. Revolutionaries fight is that I don't see Blackbeard's motive. Or the revolutionaries. Neither should have a vested interest in the other, as far as I can tell.

Also, I highly doubt Blackbeard would take Dragon's powers. I'm not sure what Dragon's fruit is, but Blackbeard already has the Yami Yami and the Gura Gura (Darkness and Earthquakes), which are arguably the two fruits with the most raw power, so I'm not sure what Blackbeard would want with Dragon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    ^It doesnt seem Blackbeard himself get involved, only his other divisions.

BB could however kill Dragon n take his power to become Luffys #1 enemy.
    Does Dragon even have a confirmed Devil Fruit that Blackbeard would want though?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Does Dragon even have a confirmed Devil Fruit that Blackbeard would want though?
    No, but it is heavily implied by his saving Luffy using a lightning strike in Loguetown when Buggy was going to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Savage View Post
    My only problem with a Blackbeard vs. Revolutionaries fight is that I don't see Blackbeard's motive. Or the revolutionaries. Neither should have a vested interest in the other, as far as I can tell.

Also, I highly doubt Blackbeard would take Dragon's powers. I'm not sure what Dragon's fruit is, but Blackbeard already has the Yami Yami and the Gura Gura (Darkness and Earthquakes), which are arguably the two fruits with the most raw power, so I'm not sure what Blackbeard would want with Dragon's.
    Burgess pretty much spells out the motive: "Hey you guys, I found the Revolutionary Army base of operations and they have a truckload of weapons here, lets rob the place!"

If some of BB's commanders try to take those weapons, of course the RA will retaliate, they're not going to sit idly and let BB take their weapons.

Also, we heard that BB was actively pursueing Devil Fruits after he already had the Yami Gura-combination. It's therefore quite clear that the hunt for DF's isn't solely for him. He probably hands them out to his subordinates. Why else did you think Burgess was sent to get Ace's DF? So I'm not sure what you're logic is here, but if anything, they'll probably take Dragon's fruit if they have the chance to..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

No, but it is heavily implied by his saving Luffy using a lightning strike in Loguetown when Buggy was going to kill him.
    No. That just happened to be sheer dumb luck.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

#teamRowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    No. That just happened to be sheer dumb luck.
    I think you misspelled DESTINY!!!!!!!!=!=

Motive is easy to make, especially for Oda. It doesn't have to make much sense.
    Like destroying an entire island 'just for' sweets

After seeing Kaido's power, I bet BB also wants it (given if he has any DF power). There are many other great Devil Fruit users out there.

Besides greediness knows no limit. Like Moria n his shadows.

...Dragon perhaps? xD
    Last edited by Cutty; 16th October 2015 at 2:43 AM.
    3DS FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Thus spoke the raven, "Nevermore..."

Humanoid animal like creatures huh.

Furries are gonna have a field day with this arc.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

I’m glad that Luffy and the others got to explore Zou a bit. It seems it’s been invaded and I’m guessing Kaido’s crew was responsible for the damage. That Carrot girl’s electric power seemed interesting imo.

The new chapter esp the two new characters got me interested to read more. I think I'm gonna like this new arc.
    There could be something special bout Zou that made it invaded.
    Law n Zoro should do more bromance stuff.

The Straw Hats are obviously not dead, but I think the reason Carrot and Wanda believe so is because of Brook.

The Revive-Revive Fruit as we've seen can be an extremely OP fruit and with the recent revelation of awakened DF's it seems like a strong possibility, so maybe Brook used his power to rip the souls out of the others to make them appear dead for some reason. Again I wouldn't call it a stretch as the Revive-Revive fruit is really versatile.

Just my little theory on the "deaths of Sanji and co".
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

It was cool seeing Bepo and the other Heart Pirates again, and it seems like the Jack guy who’s trying to retrieve Doflamingo previously attacked Zou. This should tie Kaido’s crew to this arc at least.

So its all about the Mink Race, and it seems like there's a civil war going on among them (?). I bet Kaido is Mink raced himself.
    They seem to able to generate electricity too.

Those creatures are too adorable to be hurt

Sanji. You've been nothing but a disapointment throughout the whole timeskip, please don't let this be a senario where you got your as* handed to you so bad to a point of near death (since you obviously aren't dead).

EDIT: Also is the biting of someone's ear some sort of new weird fetish or is just something bunnies tend to do?
    Last edited by Mr. Reloaded; 5th November 2015 at 4:05 PM.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

At least Chopper and Nami were reunited with Luffy. I dislike Wanda and Carrot's weird quirks though: The licking and biting is awkward.

At least Chopper and Nami were reunited with Luffy. I dislike Wanda and Carrot's weird quirks though: The licking and biting is awkward.
    Well the licking I can understand as she's a dog. The biting however is weird no matter how you look at it.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

^I think bunnies like to bite/chew as they are rodent?

It seems those minks act to their special species traits, like the gorilla like bananas and the buffalo like cape (meh).

Why did Wanda call Nami dead while she's actually fine?

Jack sounds like whoa. Must be an important figure in Kaido's crew.

Dogs lick, bunnies bite. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Why did Wanda call Nami dead while she's actually fine?
    She may have been referring to Brook.

Soooo I'm guessing Sanji's okay? That's good.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

So its all about the Mink Race, and it seems like there's a civil war going on among them (?). I bet Kaido is Mink raced himself.
    They seem to able to generate electricity too.
    If I need to hazard a guess, I'm guessing by creating static with their fur..

Soooo I'm guessing Sanji's okay? That's good.
    It's just the question of where.. and where CC is.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    It's just the question of where.. and where CC is.
    After seeing how the recent chapter ended, I'd say he want to be far out of everyone's sight lol.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

The story has messy sequences now... Its kinda hard if not annoying to follow. It tries to fit in many new characters and backgrounds and puns.

This arc, however, could be built for Sanji to shine.

The story has messy sequences now... Its kinda hard if not annoying to follow. It tries to fit in many new characters and backgrounds and puns.

This arc, however, could be built for Sanji to shine.
    I don't see what you mean. You have to see this as an arc that's been going on for two weeks.

1. Jack (one of Kaidou's top men) has been sent to get Raizou, who they believe is on Zou and is problematic for Kaidou.
    2. Jack is ruthless and a battle between the Minks and Jack's group starts.
    3. The Strawhats and Law start to mess with Kaidou's business, by taking CC out of the picture. Jack immediately gets a notice of CC being taken out by an associate.
    4. The Strawhats move to Dressrosa. On the first day, they get split up: Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Brook, Momo and Caeser casually evade Big Mom and end up on Zou.
    5. The Strawhats on Zou manage to turn the tide of the battle, Sanji beats Sheepshead and Ginrummy calls for a retreat. Sanji and co. are now seen as the heroes of the day.
    6. The Dressrosa-arc unfolds. After a few days of recovery and Fuji throwing dice and after Sengoku and Tsuru arrive, the Strawhats leave, and Jack launches an assault on the Marines.
    7. A week later, the remaining Strawhat-members, Law and the two Samurai, reach Zou.
    8. While there, they get told that Jack had gone away and attacked the Marine Convoy with DD and has mysteriously disappeared after sinking two ships. (length of the battle unknown).

The only thing that is uncertain at this point, is whether Jack was still on Zou when Sanji beat Sheepshead. It is completely possible timewise that Jack was still on Zou, used CC's weapon, took CC who is immune to his own gasweapon -and perhaps Sanji- and got off the Island to get to DD (important for Kaidou), in order for Kaidou's SMILE-production scheme to be rebuilt.

As Sanji only took one evening and night to get to Zou, it shouldn't take Jack much longer than a day either to get to Dressrosa. This means that Jack and Sanji+CC could've been on Zou at the same time.

As for many new characters and backgrounds, that's normal for One Piece. So far, Zou is pretty easy to understand:

We've got a Duke of Day, and a Duke of Night. One is a dog, the other quite likely a feline-character.
    - Supporting the Dog Duke, is probably a group of Musketeer-like characters, the first of which is a lion, which is described as Fullpower (because of his extreme reactions).
    - Than there's the sacred part of the Whale Forest. There's a mystery there that's very valuable.

And than there's several implied links to Zoan-type Devil Fruits, which may be the big secret in the forest.

So, TL:dr:

1. There's a definite window in which Sanji+CC could've been on Zou at the same time as Jack.
    2. Whether or not Jack used CC's weapon after Sanji beat Sheepshead is uncertain.
    3. What the secret in the Whale Forest is unknown, but may be tied to Zoan-type Devil Fruits.
    4. Why Kaidou is so worried about the Samurai is unknown. But, Kinemon and Kanjuroo were about to tell the SH's.
    5. Jack could've taken Sanji and CC with him to the Marine Convoy
    Last edited by Locormus; 30th November 2015 at 2:01 PM.

I feel Jack's 1 billion bounty can go several different ways, it should be the prime example that ends the "bounties = power levels" argument. But at the same time it means bounties can literally go anywhere at this point making them somewhat pointless. But man is Jack hype!

Nutcase went out attacked a whole village over some ninja and got bodied by a group of really strong warriors.Then attempted to free Doflamingo from the clutches of an Admiral, a former Fleet-Admiral, a vice admiral who could be on the same level as Doffy and a bunch of other marines sank through brute force. Sank 2 of their ships and essentially lived (because we know he can't be dead) that there warrant s a major bounty IMO.

Although again not a huge fan of super high bounties for non Emperors, but maybe that's just me.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

I feel Jack's 1 billion bounty can go several different ways, it should be the prime example that ends the "bounties = power levels" argument. But at the same time it means bounties can literally go anywhere at this point making them somewhat pointless. But man is Jack hype!

Nutcase went out attacked a whole village over some ninja and got bodied by a group of really strong warriors.Then attempted to free Doflamingo from the clutches of an Admiral, a former Fleet-Admiral, a vice admiral who could be on the same level as Doffy and a bunch of other marines sank through brute force. Sank 2 of their ships and essentially lived (because we know he can't be dead) that there warrant s a major bounty IMO.

Although again not a huge fan of super high bounties for non Emperors, but maybe that's just me.
    I always thought it was a given that the bounty of a pirate or criminals in general was relative to the danger they pose to the world around. Sure, destructive power is a factor in the grand total, but there's also willingness to attack innocents, who they target, how close those targets are to the World Government and its affiliates, general collateral damage they cause, etc.. Basically, although power is a factor, what's more important is how much of an immediate threat it poses to both the world in general and the World Government.

Page 241 of 253 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast