Page 248 of 249 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249 LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 6225

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Well, in One Piece there are at least one possible candidate to nakama per arc... is one tradition to this point XD

Still, I think of all, Carrot does have a soul that wants to travel and also she haves battle power by simply being a Mink... but she lacks a tragic backstory that is necesary for joining the crew.

Also since Brook joined... how much time have been? To know how many chapts there haven't been a new nakama.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Not really sure why people are so quick to jump on the namaka train so quickly, it's a bit ridiculous and silly if you ask me (mostly referring to Pudding here). While I can somewhat believe candidates like Pedro, Pekoms and Carrot we almost nothing about them and no feats. And we have a grand total of one quirk, and that's from Carrot. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I don't think Pudding is nakama material myself, at least not yet. I don't necessarily like her design any ways. She just seems generic other than her third eye which she seems to cover with her hair regardless, so she's not that special-looking to me. ^^;
    I feel we should at least keep an eye on Pudding considering Oda though it was important to give her a cameo appearance back in chapter 651.

Quote Originally Posted by Abzu View Post
    Well, in One Piece there are at least one possible candidate to nakama per arc... is one tradition to this point XD

Still, I think of all, Carrot does have a soul that wants to travel and also she haves battle power by simply being a Mink... but she lacks a tragic backstory that is necesary for joining the crew.

Also since Brook joined... how much time have been? To know how many chapts there haven't been a new nakama.
    Brook first debuted in chapter 442 but he official join in chapter 489.
    3DS FC(X): 3995 6544 3549/Friend Safari: Fire with Pansear, Slugma, and Braixen
    3DS FC(Y): 1719 4581 9302/Friend Safari: Dark with Pawniard, Sneasel, and Sableye.

Some spoilers are out and we're getting more on Germa 66. 2 week break after this though. Why God.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Some spoilers are out and we're getting more on Germa 66. 2 week break after this though. Why God.
    Could be worse. Oda could end up in a hospital bed again.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

#teamRowlet

Geeze Alice in Wonderland references everywhere with this chapter. Gonna be a weird arc.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Luffy being conveniently put out of commission is going to be an interesting mini plot point.

Oh and hi Lola lookalike.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

Hee hee, Luffy getting poisoned was funny and I liked seeing Lola's relative or whoever that woman was. And finally, the Germa 66 family showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Abzu View Post

She and the rest of the Mink were victims of SMILE Gas, had to see her people get their asses kicked while paralyzed, and probably had her friends murdered. That probably counts as a tragic backstory.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Sanji's brother looks like a mix between him and Zoro.

Would explain why he's so aggressive towards him.

That's a guy? I thought he's a female.

Well, seeing that Big Mum has a lot of children, Lola could be one of them.

Geeze Alice in Wonderland references everywhere with this chapter. Gonna be a weird arc.
    OP's arcs have always had weird elements going on in them, that makes them cool.
    3DS FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide in my gym...

Trinity & TEF Poison Leader ~ Pokegyms Fairy Leader ~ CCB Victory Ace Gamma

'Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison.
    The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy.'

Because Golden Week? And because Oda's granny apparently died.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    She and the rest of the Mink were victims of SMILE Gas, had to see her people get their asses kicked while paralyzed, and probably had her friends murdered. That probably counts as a tragic backstory.
    Seems legit, but how many Minks actually died before Sanji and co stepped in?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

The poison sub plot got resolved quicker than I would have liked, a bit disappointing really. But it gave us a badass Vinsmoke introduction so I'm okay with it.

Finally Jimbei makes his comeback!
    Last edited by Mr. Reloaded; 20th May 2016 at 1:20 AM. Reason: Autocorrect being stupid, and I wanted to change some of my wording.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

Carrot would totally fit with the crew just by reading this chapter, i'm just saying. Obviously no one is getting in before our boy Jimbei, but she's welcome to come afterwards.

That being said I'm liking the way the Vinsmokes are being introduced, all are perverts but in different ways lol.

Yonji's pretty funny hee hee. I'm not surprised that he likes Nami. Any ways Sanji's sister's poison sucking ability was a bit unsettling and it seems like we'll see Jimbe soon. ^o^

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    The poison sub plot got resolved quicker than I would have liked, a bit disappointing really. But it gave us a badass Vinsmoke introduction so I'm okay with it.

Finally Jimbei makes his comeback!
    F. Yeah. JIMBEI!

The only question I have is, why is Aladdin so secretive? Why doesn't he simply surface and calls out to the SH's once the Vinsmoke's had left? I thought Jimbei was going to cut ties with Big Mom, but maybe she had a trumpcard that forced him to stay on her side?

I fully expect Jimbei to either cash that raincheck and join the Strawhats properly, or to join the SH-fleet as a commander at the end of the Wholecake-arc. If he doesn't, then he's probably dead.

After that, I can only see two more characters joining, and those would be Momo and Carrot.

Why Momo? Well, here is my theory:

0. Momo's father joined Roger's crew, so who knows, he has a tragic backstory, which is pretty much a prerequisite for becoming a Nakama.

1. Chapter 310's colorpage. What's so interesting about a colorpage for a chapter that's 500 chapter's old? Well, for one it has some sick art of Luffy, Usopp and Robin in traditional clothing and.. there's a very distinctive symbol on Luffy's clothing.. A symbol of which we now know is meant to represent the Kouzuki-clan, Momo's clan. Oh. And there's also a Chinese dragon on that colorpage.. A pink, Chinese dragon. Where have we seen that before? Oh wait, Momo's Zoan-form is that of a pink, Chinese dragon! HOLY COW! 500 CHAPTERS AGO! The only problem is that this dragon seems to be at least adolescent/teenager, while Momo's form looks like a kiddy dragon, this is probably because Momo's current state is that of a child. The difference between these two forms, I can try to explain though.

2. Why is Momo a child? Well, he just could be.. Chapter 310 is a long, long time ago, but it makes it very clear that Oda had been planning the Wano-arc for quite some time and this story isn't just made up on the fly. I have several explanations for the discrepancy between the more adult dragon on the coverpage and the Momo we know appearing as a kid. 1. During development, Oda simply decided he wanted Momo to be a child rather then a teenager/adult. For one, this allows him to pull of a lot of pervy jokes between Momo and Nami. Oda loves doing this, and it just would not work if Momo was a teenager. The age difference doesn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things at the moment. The second theory I have that explains the discrepancy involves Bonney and her ability to change ages for other characters.

3. Bonney. Momo has made a weird comment that he knows about Roger, or something like that. Which seems weird as he's hardly the right age to make such claims, unless he's actually older then he seems. Bonney could've used her powers to make Momo appear young, while he actually is a lot older, which would make the perv-jokes even worse in retrospect.. In reverse, we know that a group of characters (led by Nekomamushi) is trying to find Marco (and the Whitebeard remnants). Bonney has claimed to seek out the person responsible for Whitebeard's death, so it could happen that we would see her hanging around Marco and the Whitebeard remnants. Take a moment to realize that all of the Supernova's have been accounted for, except her and Urouge, so her seeking out Marco seems to be the most effective way for her to reach her goal. If she tags along with Marco when they join Nekomamushi back to Zou, then we have Momo and Bonney in the same place. If I remember correctly, Momo felt a bit insecure about himself after the whole Jack incident, as if he didn't feel that he could be of much help. This is logical, he's a kid, but with some support, he was able to communicate with Zunisha. What if Momo decides he actually wants to fight? Bonney could easily age him up to 20yrs-old so he can fight. And that would explain the more adult-looking dragon on the Chapter 310-coverpage.

Why Carrot?
    - Because I like her, and she seems like an easy fit in terms of personality.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

What a disturbing ability for a pretty woman. And Yonji is a corny name.

It seems like the Vinsmokes are decent people and family loving but one chapter doesn't do any justice to them.

I'm kinda bored talking bout the new nakama, but with Jimbei's comeback he tops the list again. He's already asked by Luffy to join anyway but he said he needed to take care some stuff from what I recall.
    I'm on the fence about Carrot, she doesn't really have a strong background story like other crew, she's more like a cameo in Zou arc. I don't really care if she's finally accepted, I mean I don't like all SH's members anyway.

i just want to say I need the Film Gold theme song in my life.

Oh my.... Sanji's sister is clearly waifu material. The eyebrow are still disturbing.

"Food, glorious food,
    Hot sausage and mustard!
    While we're in the mood --
    Cold jelly and custard!"

Already looking to be a really fun arc!

We Disney boyz now ladies and gents.
    Yup:

#teamRowlet

Having read 600 chapters in the past 2 weeks.. Finally caught up.

And Luffy meets Pudding straight away. It was pretty obvious Luffy would go on and eat something illegal when Pekoms was explaining.
    This is going to be a very disturbing, yet fun arc.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

Damn Pudding is perfect for Sanji.I wonder if Oda will actually get them married.

So I think Mama's power does give life to objects, but the closer you are to her the more sentient you are. This would explain why the objects on Whole Cake can sing in full sentences while her ship and the carpet only say their names.

Oh Pudding. Your sweet and innocent persona is fooling no one, you're up to something I know you are. But you're a cutie that's for sure.

Almost 100% certain Big Mom has the Life Life Fruit or the Animate Animate Fruit.

The Disney vibes this chapter were everywhere, this'll be an interesting arc.

I like how Totland looks, plus Luffy and Chopper eating a chocolate cafe and meeting Pudding was cool hee hee. Big Mom seems crazy with her cake ingredients, tho I liked the singing objects.

~ Luffy's mischiveous act never fails to amuse me, lol.
    ~ I'm sure Pudding character is not that boring/naive, it seems she knew bout SH already. Maybe Big Mum sent her?
    ~ Big Mum doesn't look that bad. I still can imagine myself singing a long w/ her, lol. So if its true,she can make any inanimate objects alive n obey her?
    ~ It's a musical arc!

Page 248 of 249 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249 LastLast