Page 237 of 237 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237
Results 5,901 to 5,908 of 5908

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    He's asking for forgiveness on behalf of the World Government for giving such tyrants as Doflamingo immunity and for covering up such events in most cases. Fuji is making a public apology so that the World Government will be forced to make changes, which was his intention all along. It wasn't as much asking for forgiveness from the people of Dressrosa - as it was forcing the World Government to face the facts and to start an insurgance from the commonpeople that may come to a culmination during Reverie. Think Mockingjay Pt1, with the constant filming of messages with Margaery Tyrell and Mystique, what Fuji did served the same purpose.

I think he stayed out of the conflict probably so that he could pin it on the World Government eventually, rather than people making him out to be a hero. In a twist, he's making the SH's+Law out to be heroes. The only thing that the WG can do, in somewhat of a twist, is to (on false pretenses) offer Luffy a spot in the Shichibukai - otherwise they'll lose face if they aren't willing to work with such a hero. Luffy will obviously decline, and the WG would then use that "disrespect for the WG" in order to justify hunting him again. Not sure if Law has been stripped of his title yet, the events all went down in what was basically a morning and afternoon of a single day. The WG can still paint Law off as a "heroic Shichibukai working with the WG".

The whole situation was similar to Crocodile in Alabasta - and that was covered up. Cobra or Vivi are certainly going to bring it up now that the world knows that the WG was in the business of covering up such tragedies.

I think you're missing a bunch of zero's for most of these. Or are you suggesting that Luffy's bounty drops B399,500,000?

Isn't Luffy on 400,000,000 at the moment? Just one 100,000,000 more seems like a minor increase for beating such a major player in the New World.
    Fixed it, thanks for pointing that out.

500,000,000 is just fine for now given it was a team effort and going beyond 400,000,000 beri's is said to be a difficult thing, which makes me question whether or not he'll reach 500.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Now excepting single battles!
    Literally nothing to write in sig

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    Fixed it, thanks for pointing that out.

500,000,000 is just fine for now given it was a team effort and going beyond 400,000,000 beri's is said to be a difficult thing, which makes me question whether or not he'll reach 500.
    You know, that bounty stuff got me thinking of something funny. After the whole incident in Dressrossa, imagine if the World Government gave "God" Usopp a bounty of 500 million like Doflamingo did when he started the Birdcage. I bet Zoro and Sanji would be so miffed to find out that the cowardly sniper got a higher bounty than them.

Reminds me of sky rocketed Buggys bounty. I miss him btw.

Fujitora is basically > Dofla if he wants to really fight him. His gambling character kinda explains his actions in Dressrosa.
    Still most readers still dont know his real motives. The arc is badly executed. We were forced to follow n understand many sub plots.

Anywhoo, I bet one of other Supernovas is chosen to be a new Shicibukai.
    Law probly quits after he got what he wanted. I like the theory of Luffy gets the offer but we know he'll decline.
    I mean I really wanna learn about other supernovas current standings too esp Drake n Magneto.
    3DS FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide in my gym...

Trinity Poison Leader. Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to FairyWitch & Bradak for the userbar & sprite, also Azulart for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Reminds me of sky rocketed Buggys bounty. I miss him btw.

Fujitora is basically > Dofla if he wants to really fight him. His gambling character kinda explains his actions in Dressrosa.
    Still most readers still dont know his real motives. The arc is badly executed. We were forced to follow n understand many sub plots.

Anywhoo, I bet one of other Supernovas is chosen to be a new Shicibukai.
    Law probly quits after he got what he wanted. I like the theory of Luffy gets the offer but we know he'll decline.
    I mean I really wanna learn about other supernovas current standings too esp Drake n Magneto.
    I don't know about Drake, but I believe Eustass Kidd (if that's who you're referring to) is currently trying to form an alliance with Scratch Master Apoo and that one guy with the tarot cards in the hopes of taking down one of the Four Emperors. Speaking of the Four Emperors, though, whatever happened to Sanji's group? Ever since Big Mom's ship showed up, they've all but disappeared from the Dressrosa arc. Part of me wants to say that they were held up by the Birdcage blocking them out, but another part of me is saying they got nabbed by Big Mom and are being held until Luffy decides to nut up and fight her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Doflamingo had influence and all, but he was still fodder compared to other New World pirates imo. I don't think Luffy will have a huge bounty increase simply based on beating him.
    From how I understood DD's position, he's basically the "go-to"-guy for the more shady characters. Two Yonkou working together is highly unorthodox, even if they're peacable on most accounts (see Shanks and Whitebeard tense standoff), but it's okay for Kaidou to deal with DD, and it's okay for DD to than deal with Blackbeard. Removing the biggest middle-man in the NW going to raise a lot of tension because suddenly, the big guys aren't getting what they want by shady deals and need to start confronting each other more aggressively in the open.

BB wants DF-#X, knows that Kaidou has his hands on DF-#X. BB knows that Kaidou would not deal with him.
    BB to DD: Psst, can you get DF-#X for me?
    DD finds out Kaidou has object X.
    DD brokers a deal with Kaidou for DF-#X, says his client is anonymous.
    DD ups the price based on the deal he brokered with Kaidou and gets it to BB.

BB would not be able to get that Devil Fruit in any other way other than directly confronting Kaidou. That's how big of a person DD was, and without him in the NW, the Marines are going to have a lot of trouble policing the sea because of the many conflicts just waiting to bust out in the open, rather than in DD's shady office space.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I don't know about Drake, but I believe Eustass Kidd (if that's who you're referring to) is currently trying to form an alliance with Scratch Master Apoo and that one guy with the tarot cards in the hopes of taking down one of the Four Emperors. Speaking of the Four Emperors, though, whatever happened to Sanji's group? Ever since Big Mom's ship showed up, they've all but disappeared from the Dressrosa arc. Part of me wants to say that they were held up by the Birdcage blocking them out, but another part of me is saying they got nabbed by Big Mom and are being held until Luffy decides to nut up and fight her.
    There's also that theory that Nami mentions something about Lola (supposedly being Charlotte's daughter in theory) causing the attack on the Sunny to be put on halt.

Though this theory is pretty stupid and unlikely so meh.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Now excepting single battles!
    Literally nothing to write in sig

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I know about Kidd's alliance, but I wanted to know more about their progress. I hope they're challenging Shank as I find him boring as a character.
    But They're drowning Big Moms ships if Im mistaken. Also Drake was trying to get Kaidou's attention by attacking his fodders, not sure the motive.
    I think SH will come cross one of them next hopefully.
    3DS FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide in my gym...

Trinity Poison Leader. Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to FairyWitch & Bradak for the userbar & sprite, also Azulart for the badge.

I love Kidd so I want to see him again soon. I'm guessing that he's going after Big Mom since it's implied, though I'd like to see him go after Kaido so that he'll run into Luffy.

Page 237 of 237 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237