Page 227 of 227 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227
Results 5,651 to 5,674 of 5674

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

So we see a bit of why Doflamingo's followers are so loyal to him. Don't see Pica lasting very long.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Pretty fun chapter, LOL Luffy laughing at Pica's voice. Seriously, gotta love the guy

Ooh Looks like Zoro could finally get an actual fight, times like these when you love Luffy's / Zoro's friendship but LOL Have to feel sorry for Law, he's regretting teaming up with Luffy day by day.

How long till we see Sanji's team again? I think he and the rest of team B died already :/

This arc has been fun, a real treat. I'm really looking forward to hearing Pica's voice in the Anime LOL.

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    So we see a bit of why Doflamingo's followers are so loyal to him. Don't see Pica lasting very long.
    Truth be told, Pica is kind of reminding me of the giant robot from "Wonderful 101". You know, the one that would chase you around the city in Operation 002 and throw buildings at you. I'm getting that same vibe when all the fighters from the tournament are flocking around Luffy like he's the leader and wailing on Pica.

P.S., The manga must be doing pretty well if people aren't talking so often about it on here.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

The new chapter was good. I liked how Cavendish is after Law but has forgiven Luffy because of Ussop. Seeing the other competitors team up with Luffy despite his protests was funny as well.

I'm thinking about starting the One Piece Anime, i hear it's really good. Can anybody explain why it's so good compared to other anime's around?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    I'm thinking about starting the One Piece Anime, i hear it's really good. Can anybody explain why it's so good compared to other anime's around?
    Because Oda (the creator) is a good writer and his characters are endearing. Granted, I prefer reading the manga over watching the anime since it's easier to catch up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Because Oda (the creator) is a good writer and his characters are endearing. Granted, I prefer reading the manga over watching the anime since it's easier to catch up imo.
    Cheers Lorde, out of curiosity why is he such a good writer? The plot?

Cheers Lorde, out of curiosity why is he such a good writer? The plot?
    The plot is usually well-paced and the creator is good at foreshadowing and plot twists, plus he's got a good sense of humor which originally got me interested in One Piece.

The plot is usually well-paced and the creator is good at foreshadowing and plot twists, plus he's got a good sense of humor which originally got me interested in One Piece.
    I see, well i'll definetly try and get around to One Piece eventually. Thanks.

I see, well i'll definetly try and get around to One Piece eventually. Thanks.
    I recommend watching the FUNimation One Piece English dub unless you'd rather try watching the ORG JPN Version for the Anime of it-- it's a good show, though, either way. Characters are all interesting and well developed in it, IMO.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

I think the main reason why the plots and foreshadowing and such are so good is that he's actually writing the story with an ending in mind rather than making things up as he goes along. He's had the outline/idea for this story since...high school, I think. There were a few changes here and there, but the core remains rather untouched. It also helps that he isn't afraid to crack a joke and show the silliness of the world in spite of all the dark tones. Normally, a story would be constipated with angst and depression during these darker sections, so it's a nice change of pace that a story such as this doesn't take itself so seriously.

Pretty good chapter, I loved the interactions and LOL Poor Law, I'm sure each passing day he regrets teaming up with Luffy.
    I wonder if Law will still be willing to be partners with Luffy at the end of this arc? When he finds it Big Mom is after Luffy's head, he's so going to freakXD

I liked this chapter, pretty short, but well executed..

Minor nitpick: Remember that birdcage thingie, the one where Law was pooping his pants for? "HE'S GOING TO USE THE BIRDCAGE!! OOHHH NOOOAW!".. I feel that since they've stopped focusing on it for these past two chapters, that it feels kinda irrelevant. Personally, it doesn't give that sense of impending doom that I think Oda was trying to convey when the plot-point started. I thought we were going to see it shrink every chapter or so, but apparently - it's pretty stagnant thus far. It's a minor nitpick, but I'd have loved to see the birdcage slimming a bit every chapter.. Kind of like Noah being thrown at Shirahoshi gave that part of Fishmen Island a more suspenseful feeling. That being said, it would be the same mechanic of a limited time based impending doom thrice in a row:
    - Fishmen Island: Impending doom by Noah.
    - Punk Hazzard: Impending doom by Smiley.
    - Dressrosa: Impending doom by Birdcage.

But a stagnant birdcage just seems stupid.. Though I know that it is meant to force the people inside to go after the SH's, but who cares... In this chapter we saw what happens to those ingrates so the effect is already lost, unless it stops being stagnant and starts shrinking.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

i have heard that Oda is back in the hospital any one can confom this to be true and if so why this time

Quote Originally Posted by insanejames View Post
    i have heard that Oda is back in the hospital any one can confom this to be true and if so why this time
    He's going to get his tonsils removes so that he can potentially make a full recovery rather than just trying to fight off whatever tonsil disease he has right now. No new One Piece chapters for the next two weeks starting today. You'll just have to wait until June 19th.

The new chapter was good. I liked seeing Luffy riding up Pica's arm with Jeet and Abdullah and it seems like Zorro vs. Pica round two is about to start. Law's revelation about Doflamingo's brother was unexpected.

Pretty fun chapter, looks like Zoro V.S Pica is going down

LOL I swear, Luffy and Zoro act like they are brothers a lot of the timesXD

Blast, in coming Law flashback, was hoping we were done with that stuff oh well

Looks like it really could be Luffy / Law V.S Dof and maybe Zoro too with I predict Luffy finishing him off with the final blow

The new chapter was okay. I liked that Senor Pink will get another chance to fight Franky and Sabo will fight Fujitora and the Marines next it seems, which will allow Luffy's group to reach Doflamingo's place quickly.

Holy crap, Sabo is ruthless!

Fujitora appears to be hampered by Doflamingo's "Birdcage", but hopefully he still has some new tricks to bring out.

Even with Doflamingo's ability, I didn't expect him to puppeteer any of Luffy's allies. I suppose those brothers may have already been used by him for a while, though. I wonder if he's got strings on anyone else like that.

I'm glad that Sabo's fighting style differs from Ace's and that Doflamingo's Birdcage is hindering Fujitora's meteors. Too bad about Bastille's loss though and I wonder if that was really Doflamingo at the end or his marionette again.

I'm glad that Sabo's fighting style differs from Ace's and that Doflamingo's Birdcage is hindering Fujitora's meteors. Too bad about Bastille's loss though and I wonder if that was really Doflamingo at the end or his marionette again.
    People are wondering if the Birdcage is becoming smaller, but like you're saying, I think it's simply a case of the Birdcage interfering with Fujitora's DF and therefore smaller meteors are coming down/affected.

I didn't care 2 cents about Bastille, glad he got an offpanel ending. As for the Doflamingo situation, wow.. Oda isn't going to pull the same string twice, but I'm glad that he at least gave us an attempt at a heel/face-turn with the Brother pairing.. I knew they were leading Luffy/Law into a trap the moment they appeared on screen, because at least one 'associate' needed to play the Judas-role in this arc - Because Oda loves that, just look at Marineford.. But I didn't expect DD to show up. I think it's him. I don't think he can pull the string-bunshin twice.. It could be a fake, but I doubt it's the string-bunshin again. At least I hope not.

Incoming Law-flashback.. This is gonna take awhile I imagine.. 3 chapters minimum...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I didn't like how easy Bastille was defeated by Sabo, but he is probably just very strong, mabye at a much higher level than Luffy is?

For the Luffy/Doflamingo meeting i hope it becomes a little battle before Luffy goes into a trap, even trough he didn't defeats him here. For the rest of Doflamingos offisers I hope it is the strawhats who defeats them not their briefly companions from the tournament. They could still get an other important role but all other than that!
    TO THE STAFF
    I found an error in my username, the letter w.
    Could I please change my name to Shiny Pokemon Lover? P.S I replase this text with a thank you line to the staff member who does it.

So Doflamingo was a marionette after all. Oh well. I liked that the dwarves helped Robin's group float around and that we saw parts of other fights. I can't wait to learn more about Law's past.

Doflamingo's clones are annoying.

While Doflamingo was talking about Law, he was playing with a key. Maybe he has the real key to Law's handcuffs and tricked Viola, or maybe the other way around.

Also, looks like Jimbei is setting out.

Page 227 of 227 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227