Page 259 of 267 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 6675

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

I'm so confused...

The Vinsmokes are some of the most vile, scumbaggy, emotionless pieces of s*** in this series. Why would you even bother?

Judge especially is too dangerous.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    I'm so confused...

The Vinsmokes are some of the most vile, scumbaggy, emotionless pieces of s*** in this series. Why would you even bother?

Because Sanji is just nice like that, Luffy says so. Also Reiju.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I'm so confused...

Probably helps that people Sanji WANTS to save are also being threatened.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Probably helps that people Sanji WANTS to save are also being threatened.
    Yeah. I guess that's a fair point.
    Yup:

It's also worth noting this is a Shonen, there was no chance the brothers would get killed off this way.

I don't condone Sanji's sudden one arc change of character but the Vinsmokes weren't dying.

That being said, let's continue to laugh at Bobbin, and the incompetence of that entire crew.

I just hope the Germa won't have a change of heart n suddenly love Sanji in the end after the help.
    FC: 0748-6074-2990
    When my time comes
    Forget the wrong that I've done
    Don't resent me
    And when you're feeling empty
    Keep me in your memory
    Leave out all the rest

RIP Chester Bennington (March 20, 1976 – July 20, 2017)

Rage x Love

Guess this arc will still go on for little longer, then. I spoke to a friend recently who thought it wouldn't end quite yet, and it looks like he is right. I wonder how everything will turn out now, perhaps the Straw Hats and their allies have a chance of succeeding if they can get the Germa on their side.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

I wonder if Jump moving the deadline up for this week chapter entries had anything to do with Oda skipping this week.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I wasn't expecting Bobbin to get ambushed so fast by what I assume was Capone's gang and I didn't think that the Vinsmokes openly ranting about their plans seemed natural either. I think they know what to expect from Big Mom and were simply acting cuz they know that they're being overheard.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    That being said, let's continue to laugh at Bobbin, and the incompetence of that entire crew.
    The Yonkou in general are such jokes now. I almost expect Luffy to solo Big Mom in this arc without him needing an upgrade.

Finally got back to One Piece again last week. I'm still in Fisherman Island! The Marineford war arc was also long, but this feels way too long. Are OP arcs usually this long? VD just died, so I'm pretty close to the end now... or I hope I am. I haven't checked the episode listing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Finally got back to One Piece again last week. I'm still in Fisherman Island! The Marineford war arc was also long, but this feels way too long. Are OP arcs usually this long? VD just died, so I'm pretty close to the end now... or I hope I am. I haven't checked the episode listing yet.
    Their length varies, some are longer, some are shorter. Pretty sure Dressrosa is the longest arc so far, while others like Zou are shorter. This if for the manga, not sure about the anime but I would guess it is mostly the same. I think you are quite close to the end of Fishman Island either way.

No new chapter this week, but I got volume 81 and have re-read what happened during most of the Zou arc.
        Spoiler:- Potential spoilers for the guy above:
    Last edited by Kalosian; 26th February 2017 at 6:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    The Yonkou in general are such jokes now. I almost expect Luffy to solo Big Mom in this arc without him needing an upgrade.
    Nah. It's everyone that isn't a sweet commander or Charlotte that has shown very little competency.

I expect Charlotte to be physically worth her title.

Hmmm I dunno about that. Big Mom seems like she's really strong despite how underwhelming her crew has been so far. I don't think she'll be defeated in this arc regardless however. I think Luffy's crew will simply escape the island and live to fight another day.

You came to this conclusion because.....?

Let's not forgot it was complete luck that Luffy beat Cracker. Lets not bring Big Mom down because Bobbin sucks (I'm surprised people expected him to be strong, just because he was one of the first to be introduced doesn't mean he's special). It's like saying Roger is weak because Buggy was part of his crew. It's interesting actually, this arc is showing how Big Mom's rule through fear is completely causing the Strawhats to win. The children and the crewmates act alone because they fear Mama and this is exactly why they'll lose. Big Mom's crew is a force to be reckoned with (when they work as an army), but they fall apart when they don't listen to Mama and act alone. The only thing weak about Big Mom and her crew is how they operate on a basic level. It isn't because the crew is full of jobbers.
    Last edited by diakyu; 1st March 2017 at 6:14 AM.

Bege the true mafia savage finally having his full colors out in the open.

Go on.
    Yup:

I like how we got some backstory for another of the Supernovas, it is something I always welcome since I am a huge fan of the Supernovas. It will be cool if Luffy and Bege join forces, though I doubt they will be able to beat Big Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    I like how we got some backstory for another of the Supernovas, it is something I always welcome since I am a huge fan of the Supernovas. It will be cool if Luffy and Bege join forces, though I doubt they will be able to beat Big Mom.
    But Luffy's goal isn't beating Big Mom, his goal is to rescue the Vinsmokes and get the hell outta dodge. Bege is the one who wants her.

Both seek chaos, but for different reasons.

Bege sounds rad this chapter. Collecting big names' heads. I don't think Luffy would join his force though.

I feel Big Mom is kinda underrated as a Yonkou, the hypes lean towards Kaidou more.
    FC: 0748-6074-2990
    When my time comes
    Forget the wrong that I've done
    Don't resent me
    And when you're feeling empty
    Keep me in your memory
    Leave out all the rest

RIP Chester Bennington (March 20, 1976 – July 20, 2017)

Rage x Love

Well I liked how we got some more info on Capone's past in the recent chapter, tho I'm not looking forward to Luffy making an alliance with him cuz I haven't forgiven Capone for how he treated Pekoms or for taking Sanji with him to Big Mom's island.

Milk f~ing OP lol.

So who's the sh***ier parent now, Judge or Charlotte?
    Yup:

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    Guess this arc will still go on for little longer, then. I spoke to a friend recently who thought it wouldn't end quite yet, and it looks like he is right. I wonder how everything will turn out now, perhaps the Straw Hats and their allies have a chance of succeeding if they can get the Germa on their side.
    Word is out that this year it will end, we'll get Reverie and then we'll get Wano before 2018 kicks off. So it can't be lasting that long.

Lol, here I was thinking, well, you should be able to get through it all quite quickly. Then I noticed you were talking about the animé.. which is notorious for drawing out scenes and doing less then a chapter's worth of content in a single episode.

My advice if you want to catch up is to stop watching and start reading.

Things are going to get heated in the upcoming weeks in the manga and you don't want to waste hours upon hours of animé for the sake of catching up. And I'm not even kidding. After Fishmen Island, there's Punk Hazard and then there's Dressrosa, which was a very long arc. Episodes 579 until 746. And then there's the Zou arc, 751 until 779, with it going into filler afterwards. That's 200 episodes, with filler sprinkled here and there that I didn't even count. Considering that an episode is roughly 21 minutes, that adds up to SEVENTY raw hours of watching nonstop. If you want to see the highlight, check out an AMV or something, because those 70 hours just aren't worth investing when you can read the same material in perhaps 15-20 depending on how quickly you read. And you could catch up quickly enough for the big event that's happening in probably a few weeks time. I don't think that's remotely possible if you stick to the animé, granted that I don't know how much you view on an average sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well I liked how we got some more info on Capone's past in the recent chapter, tho I'm not looking forward to Luffy making an alliance with him cuz I haven't forgiven Capone for how he treated Pekoms or for taking Sanji with him to Big Mom's island.
    Capone needed to do what he needed to do in order for him to be in the sphere of trust. And after all, he is a pirate. Don't go knocking a pirate for doing piraty things.. -.-

Milk f~ing OP lol.

So who's the sh***ier parent now, Judge or Charlotte?
    It was gonna be Linlin, Judge never killed his own son, Linlin did.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

^the anime is that bad? Dang. Is the Punk Hazard arc the one where they're in a snowy place and Smoker's crew meet Law? I skipped ahead in the anime since I remembered the Z arc was probably filler promotion for the (then) upcoming Film Z. I'll probably just get into the manga then.

I liked how we got some extra backstory on Lola and how Luffy and Brook recovered when they drank milk ha ha. Caesar's disguise was funny and I'm honestly just glad that he's involved in the plot again. Hopefully he's slowly on the road to redemption. :]

^the anime is that bad? Dang. Is the Punk Hazard arc the one where they're in a snowy place and Smoker's crew meet Law? I skipped ahead in the anime since I remembered the Z arc was probably filler promotion for the (then) upcoming Film Z. I'll probably just get into the manga then.
    The animé is not that bad. It's just notorious for having an extremely slow pace. Even during Marineford, there were often episodes that didn't cover a single chapter, while most of what happened was fighting. Compared to Naruto, at the time, which when not in filler-mode, often covered three chapters in an episode. And while this is also because One Piece has more text and is quite dense in what's in a panel, during Marineford, there were just so many drawn-out reaction-stills (no animation, just reactions of groups of characters that panned from one side to the other) that I decided it was time for me to stop watching the animé.

And you probably misunderstood my point. I don't think the animé is bad, but considering that catching up now - which means having to watch at least 70 hours of content - when the manga is nearing the end of an arc with a Yonkou as the biggest threat, seems like an odd choice. If you catch up to the manga now, then you don't need to worry about spoilers and can discuss with the rest of us - and then can check out the episodes in retrospect if you still intend on watching them all. But it's your choice. In the manga, it's currently described that there's 3.5 hours left until the big event.. so that's why I said that it's nearing the end, it will probably still be at least 15 chapters before we're through to the final chapter of that arc, so roughly 18 weeks worth of waiting, but it just depends on what you decide and if you are willing to watch all those hours and still need to read a few chapters to completely catch-up with the manga, as animé is a bit behind for logical reasons.

Yup, Punk Hazard is the arc where Law is reintroduced.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Page 259 of 267 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263 ... LastLast