Page 260 of 262 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262 LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 6549

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Eh, I'm not feeling this Bege/Luffy alliance since Luffy allied himself with Law as well, and that still hasn't concluded. I'd rather have seen the Bege alliance happen after the Kaidou stuff gets taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Eh, I'm not feeling this Bege/Luffy alliance since Luffy allied himself with Law as well, and that still hasn't concluded. I'd rather have seen the Bege alliance happen after the Kaidou stuff gets taken care of.
    I don't exactly understand your predicament here? Why is there something wrong with Luffy teaming up with Bege now? How does this involve Law at all? Also, don't expect Law to suddenly stop helping Luffy after they beat Kaido, which I think we can say Bege is going to do when they're done with Big Mom. Law is in for the long haul when it comes to helping Luffy.
    Last edited by diakyu; 10th March 2017 at 11:41 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    But Luffy's goal isn't beating Big Mom, his goal is to rescue the Vinsmokes and get the hell outta dodge. Bege is the one who wants her.
    Good point. We'll have to see how it all turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Word is out that this year it will end, we'll get Reverie and then we'll get Wano before 2018 kicks off. So it can't be lasting that long.
    I see. It is hard to say how long an arc will last. After all, I never expected Dressrosa to be as long as it was... I think I'll just not say anything else about the length of the current arc.

I liked this week's chapter a lot, the humour was great. I also liked seeing Caesar again, I like that guy. He's really cruel and evil but I like how he is a villain who goes all out.
    I'm feeling like a broken record here
    Playing the chorus over until I disappear
    I've grown so tired of stray thoughts that leave me blind
    Oh, the static in, the static in my mind
    It's just a conversation with myself
    This time I'll put the memoirs on the shelf
    I'm Building Better Worlds, I'll make a difference this time
    Clear the static in, the static in my mind

I like how this new alliance seems to be temporary compared to the one with Law tho. I can see Capone and Luffy's alliance ending immediately when they leave Totto Land. I just wonder if this will even succeed since I think Capone underestimates Big Mom's power.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Also, don't expect Law to suddenly stop helping Luffy after they beat Kaido, which I think we can say Bege is going to do when they're done with Big Mom. Law is in for the long haul when it comes to helping Luffy.
    Why would Law help Luffy unconditionally once Kaidou's defeated, when he and Luffy are technically rivals? Their alliance is one of convenience on Law's side IMO, not one based on friendship.

Why would Law help Luffy unconditionally once Kaidou's defeated, when he and Luffy are technically rivals? Their alliance is one of convenience on Law's side IMO, not one based on friendship.
    Didn't Law admit already that his true goal was defeating Doflamingo and didn't really care about Kaidou but Luffy made him keep the alliance anyway? Or am I misremembering something?

On an unrelated note: People have been saying this arc is like Ennies Lobby because it was about rescuing a member of the crew and all, but what it's really reminding me is Thriller Bark: They both came out of nowhere when we thought the plot was heading somewhere else, have a very weird atmosphere about them, and Big Mom's powers are somewhat similar to Moriah's and she has an army of inanimate objects that's a lot like his zombies.

Law stopping his help of Luffy after Kaido seems very out of character, and they are not really rivals at this point. Law has done what he set out to do. When he plays his part in the Wano arc I suspect he'll take his part as an allied pirate gang of the Strawhat fleet along with the Minks and the people of Wano. I mean, what else is he and his crew supposed to do unless they're dropped from the story altogether?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I think Law is grateful for Luffy defeating Doflamingo, so he might decide to keep helping him just due to that event. However I kind of hope that something will go wrong with their alliance when they get to Wano and that Law will betray Luffy eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I think Law is grateful for Luffy defeating Doflamingo, so he might decide to keep helping him just due to that event. However I kind of hope that something will go wrong with their alliance when they get to Wano and that Law will betray Luffy eventually.
    That would essentially be a "crew member leaves and Luffy refuses to let go" situation again, even if he isn't part of the crew. Luffy likes Law to much to allow Law to play a straight betrayal. Also to go a bit out of the story, Law is far too popular to become evil.

Is anybody here willing to discuss the theory that Big Mom, despite being a massive glutton, might ironically be the target of a poisoning-plot?

I'll consider a few things.

First off, check out the first page of this weeks chapter. What's the foremost oddest thing is how it doesn't connect to any part of the story in the chapter, or heck, arc. We know a cake is being made, but why are we being shown the final stages of its production? Oda has been awefully efficient in his storytelling the past couple weeks so why do we absolutely NEED to see the final stages of the wedding cake being made? It's suspicious. It's just a page, but it's a page without a gag and that we didn't need to see if there wasn't something to it.

Second off, lets check out the pages content. I've established that there's no gag on it, but the superficial content we get is the introduction of the chef, during the final stages of the production of the wedding cake. While singing a song about salty tears, it appears as if he's adding salt, but immediately contradicts himself because he says he's going to "make it a sweet one". This is what we see at face value. The contradiction between it being a sweet one and singing a song about salt is weird and what got my attention.

Thirdly, lets take a look at what he's singing. The lyrics we get shown are: An easy-going life doesn't exist in this world. A hardknock life, the taste of tears is a little salt! And the tears of regret? One tablespoon! So then for your cake, why don't we make it a sweet one!" Well, honestly, the part about easy-going lives not existing in this world, and the reference to a hardknock life and tears and regret are incredibly melancholic. Note that the chef is actually crying real tears by the end of the page. You need to ask the question, why is this chef singing this melancholic song during the baking of this wedding cake, and why is he crying while specifically adding a tablespoon of tears of regret? And still claiming that this cake will taste sweet? This just does not make sense.

Unless you are going to connect the dots and the metaphores and answer some questions:
    - 1. Why is the chef melancholic and crying?
    - 2. What's up with the wedding cake's ingredients: Salt or Sweet?

1. Why is the chef crying and why is he melancholic? Well, something must've happened to him. Something that makes him think that there's no easy-going living in this world and that it's a world of hardknock's. Could he have lost a loved one recently? Well, BigMom did kinda kill a son at the beginning of this arc.. Charlotte Moscato. Who knows, this chef might've been the father of that son, and now he's crying tears of regret?

2. If that is true, if the chef is melancholic because he has lost a loved one, then the song might not be about the actual ingredients he's putting in the cake. He's obviously singing about his aching heart, how HE is crying tears, salty tears, tears of regret. Regret of ever allying with BigMom and getting under her toxic influence in the first place? That doesn't account for him wanting to make the wedding cake a sweet one though. But, if he's been hurt this way, and he wants to do something about it, then a very common phrase that comes to mind is: "getting sweet revenge". In this case, I would reckon that the one tablespoon he's putting in the cake, is the method for his sweet revenge. Which could only mean that he's putting a tablespoon worth of poison in the cake - and his intent is to poison Big Mom.

If that's not enough.. Has anybody seen Game of Thrones? King Joffrey? Remember him? I possibly can't remember how he died.. Wait.. Didn't he choke on a piece of wedding cake? Nah.. Can't be. Wait, did we later on learn that the cake was poisoned? Can't be! Did we later on learn that the poison used was called the Tears of Lys? The tears? NAH, CAN'T BE!

So, my theory is that during the mayhem of the Tea Party/Wedding, BigMom, the biggest glutton of One Piece, will feast herself on the Wedding Cake - and fall victim to the poison. I don't know if this will kill her, or at least make her more manageble to handle for Luffy/Bege/Ceaser and whoever is willing to switch sides, because I assume there will be a few.

Why do I assume there will be a few that will switch sides? Well, for one, we've already seen a couple of characters that are opposing Big Mom in the shadows: Chiffon is in on the coupe and Lola has gone against her wishes, Pudding goes along with her, but if only if she gets her way in the end (the flashback to Lola has to mean something) and then there's the half-mermaid that's married into the Sun Pirates that's also in on the coupe. Then in this weeks chapter, Diesel's reaction is quite telling: "Lady Chiffon, please rethink your course of action! Trying to assassinate Mama is all but impossible!" Unlike Brulee, who condemns the act of going against Mama, Diesel isn't condemning the act, but he's scared for Chiffon's life. He's scared for BigMom and that's why he obeys her. If Luffy, Bege, Caesar and a poisonous wedding cake are all in the mix to lower Big Mom's offensive strength, then maybe more characters will turn on her, allowing the Strawhats to save the Germa's and get away from WCI (and Bege to probably assassinate BM).

At least, that's how I see this all going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    Good point. We'll have to see how it all turns out.

I see. It is hard to say how long an arc will last. After all, I never expected Dressrosa to be as long as it was... I think I'll just not say anything else about the length of the current arc.

I liked this week's chapter a lot, the humour was great. I also liked seeing Caesar again, I like that guy. He's really cruel and evil but I like how he is a villain who goes all out.
    Well for one, I think the pace of the current arc is definitely an improvement with regards to Dressrosa. A couple of weeks ago, I really felt that Oda was ticking the boxes and progressing the plot: Let Chopper pick up at least one character a chapter, move Luffy across the board and drive the story with Sanji forward.

As for Ceasar, yeah, he's definitely enjoyable as a villain. Heck, he's one of those guys that doesn't feel it to be necessary to spill the entire masterplan before getting stomped. He's the guy that just removes the oxygen from the room and see you crumble and choke.

And despite that, I really want him to be the Strawhat's Logia-DF user. Most Strawhats have an animal theme, and Caeser has a friggin' pair of goat horns!

- Luffy: Monkey
    - Zoro: Tiger
    - Nami: Cat
    - Usopp: Lizard
    - Sanji: Ram
    - Chopper: Tanuki
    - Robin: Falcon
    - Franky: Rhino
    - Brook: Giraffe
    - Jimbe: Whale
    - CC: Goat

I don't exactly understand your predicament here? Why is there something wrong with Luffy teaming up with Bege now? How does this involve Law at all? Also, don't expect Law to suddenly stop helping Luffy after they beat Kaido, which I think we can say Bege is going to do when they're done with Big Mom. Law is in for the long haul when it comes to helping Luffy.
    I don't think it's the long, long, long haul that Law's in for quite honestly. Yes, offing Doffy was a major goal of his, so I expect he's still quite grateful towards Luffy, but I don't see him joining the fleet, at all. He's WAY too powerful to be in the ranks where Hajrudin and Barto are in.

That would essentially be a "crew member leaves and Luffy refuses to let go" situation again, even if he isn't part of the crew. Luffy likes Law to much to allow Law to play a straight betrayal. Also to go a bit out of the story, Law is far too popular to become evil.
    I think Law's in it for the moment to destabilize the Yonkou system. Law knows that Luffy wants to fight all the Yonkou, so it's best to tag along and enjoy the profit when the time comes when the old regime collapses (Big Mom, Kaidou, Shanks) and the new players will get the chance (Luffy, Law, Kid) to step up. That would not be a betrayal at all. Law agreed to be on board with the idea to take down the Yonkou's and if he fulfills his part in that agreement then the Alliance ends with that.

That doesn't mean that Law will become evil, at all. In fact, the most predicatable outcome is that both Kidd and Law will come to Luffy's aid vs. the World Government when the time comes. Luffy won't disallow Law to follow his own adventure, and Law won't accept otherwise. I mean, Law is a D, so there's no point in having a D in the crew aside from Luffy.

Basically:
    - Luffy vs. Big Mom: Gets a bunch of temporary allies like Bege, Jimbe and CC join the crew afterwards.
    - Luffy vs. Kaidou: Definitely a group effort between Luffy and all SH's, Law, Kidd, Wano, WB-remnants and Minks. Gets the respect of Kidd and his allies for busting him out of that prison.
    - At this point, the Yonkou system is fully destabilized as BB will likely go after Shanks. Luffy and the SH's will go after BB, while Law and Kidd do their own thing. The Fleet might come into play here.
    - After offing BB, the SH's head towards Raftel, but before getting there, the big clash with the World Government happens.

You pretty much have the Strawhats, and in terms of tiered allies, you have Sabo and the Revo's, then you have Law and Kidd, then you have the FodderFleet, and then you have the armies of Wano, Minks, Fishmen Island, Kuna Amazons, and Alabasta.
    Last edited by Locormus; 13th March 2017 at 2:33 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Obviously there's a mutiny waiting to happen. Especially considering Big Mom's ruling with fear.

Joffrey was poisoned through his wine, but yeah, same thing.

Isn't Carrot more likely to join next rather than Caesar?

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

Doesn't Big Mom have corrosive fluid in her body? I don't think poison can kill her off easily. Maybe salt weakens her though, lol. Something that's the opposite of sweet.

There must be a twist, I'm sure Big Mom knows one thing or two about the betrayal later.
    FC: 0748-6074-2990

Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round
    Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down
    Scream, screaming, screaming bloody murder,
    ...wow yeah

Anyone here play One Piece Treasure Cruise on mobile? I just reached Little Garden, and I'm guessing every area so far has been canon? Makes me want to read the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    Obviously there's a mutiny waiting to happen. Especially considering Big Mom's ruling with fear.

Joffrey was poisoned through his wine, but yeah, same thing.

Isn't Carrot more likely to join next rather than Caesar?
    Agreed.

Oops, must've slipped my mind.. but yeah, still the Tears of Lys though.. The reference still holds even though in GoT it wasn't the cake per sé that was poisoned. It's still a poisoning at a wedding with a poison named specifically after tears.

I don't want Carrot to join. I know Chopper isn't a mink, but he's so close that I don't feel the need to add one. Whereas a logia is something we don't yet have. But I don't know if anything gets added at all actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Anyone here play One Piece Treasure Cruise on mobile? I just reached Little Garden, and I'm guessing every area so far has been canon? Makes me want to read the manga.
    Downloaded it today, I have a ton of issues with some of the statusmechanics so I just hope for a strong friend and wing it. I've just added Zoro. Why can't I evolve him? It says that the level is to low, but which level? Zoro's or my pirate level? I've got no clue.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Doesn't Big Mom have corrosive fluid in her body? I don't think poison can kill her off easily. Maybe salt weakens her though, lol. Something that's the opposite of sweet.
    I'd be pretty disappointed if she gets poisoned and dies since that would seem kind of anticlimactic from my perspective. I want her to go down in a fight and even tho I think Luffy winning against her might seem unrealistic right now, I'd still prefer that happening instead of a poison death for Big Mom. ^^;

Right off the back we're introduced to a really bad and mostly cocky plan.

The more interesting part is how will it get screwed over?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Downloaded it today, I have a ton of issues with some of the statusmechanics so I just hope for a strong friend and wing it. I've just added Zoro. Why can't I evolve him? It says that the level is to low, but which level? Zoro's or my pirate level? I've got no clue.
    The game can get really hard for beginners. I even had difficulty in just the first few story levels. You pretty much need to get lucky or friends, or hope RNGod gives you a great unit pull. I'm still using the starter Luffy you get from the in game mail, and he's pretty great once you evolve him. If you view the data of your units, you should see its level and next to it is (MaxLv??). It needs to be at max level AND need to have the correct Evolver type units to evolve it. Here's my ID if you want to add me 034,906,407

Anyway, I just met Chopper. The game seems to be doing a decent job telling me the story. I pretty much get the jist of the events. I'm not able to read every small detail, but I know what happened, who did it, and why.

Putting 10 bucks on Luffy messing up the plan because of his entrance.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

I like Capone's plan for assassinating Big Mom since it sounds good in theory, tho it'll likely fail due to some unprecedented circumstance. And Caesar threatening to hurt Capone's kid if he doesn't hand over his heart later was really messed up of him. ^^;

It's funny how poisoning was being discussed in this thread and it ended up being a thing in this week's chapter, but in a different way than we thought.

As for Ceasar, yeah, he's definitely enjoyable as a villain. Heck, he's one of those guys that doesn't feel it to be necessary to spill the entire masterplan before getting stomped. He's the guy that just removes the oxygen from the room and see you crumble and choke.

And despite that, I really want him to be the Strawhat's Logia-DF user. Most Strawhats have an animal theme, and Caeser has a friggin' pair of goat horns!
    I agree. He isn't afraid of lying to people or using them as tools just to get what he wants. I think that what makes him so great, he really doesn't care about others unlike some other OP villains who shows compassion and cares for their underlings. Though that can be good in a way too, but I like the really cruel villains like Caesar.

I have also thought it would be cool if Caesar joined the Straw Hats, but I wonder how much redemption it would take for him to join the crew... Even so, I would kind of like it to happen.

As for this week's chapter, the plan is obviously not going to work as they intend, something is bound to go wrong. I wonder what, and how?
    I'm feeling like a broken record here
    Playing the chorus over until I disappear
    I've grown so tired of stray thoughts that leave me blind
    Oh, the static in, the static in my mind
    It's just a conversation with myself
    This time I'll put the memoirs on the shelf
    I'm Building Better Worlds, I'll make a difference this time
    Clear the static in, the static in my mind

Caesar really is too much of an unrepentant evil creep to join the crew. I mean, just in this chapter we have him laughing like a maniac while he explains the murder capacities of his weapons and threatening a baby. Doesn't seem like Oda is setting this guy up for redemption.

I think he's more likely to go the Buggy route and end up wrapped up in a lot of big stuff against his will. I bet he'll get dragged to Wano at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    I have also thought it would be cool if Caesar joined the Straw Hats, but I wonder how much redemption it would take for him to join the crew... Even so, I would kind of like it to happen.
    I kind of hope that during the chaos at the wedding, Caesar will steal his heart back. I just think that he should get the upper hand for once since so far he's been shown as pretty pathetic despite his knowledge since everyone keeps using him. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I'd be pretty disappointed if she gets poisoned and dies since that would seem kind of anticlimactic from my perspective. I want her to go down in a fight and even tho I think Luffy winning against her might seem unrealistic right now, I'd still prefer that happening instead of a poison death for Big Mom. ^^;
    I'm not saying that I expect Big Mom to choke to death. That would be kind of anticlimactic. What I'm saying is that the inclusion of the preparation of the wedding cake, in fact that entire page being unrelated to the rest of the chapter, is suspicious and due to the elements on the page, I suspect there being a poisoning in the works. I don't expect it to kill Big Mom, but I'd assume that like how a strong poison wouldn't immediately kill Luffy due to him being immune to most poisons after Magelan drenched him, it will still surely slow him down. Slowing down Big Mom, or temporarily nerfing her by a mutinous chef using poison, that would kill a bit of the hype, but would make the endresult a bit more realistic.

But what if it fails? What if Big Mom doesn't eat the cake before the plan starts? What if eating the cake makes Big Mom behave in ways unforeseen by Bege? As in, she doesn't do that loud scream/CoC-burst that Bege is expecting? What if Luffy eats the cake? What can Reiju do in the event of an ally suffering the poison? What can Ceasar potentially do?

Tons of possibilities suddenly pop up, and that's without counting in the effect the FI-bomb will have on the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    The game can get really hard for beginners. I even had difficulty in just the first few story levels. You pretty much need to get lucky or friends, or hope RNGod gives you a great unit pull. I'm still using the starter Luffy you get from the in game mail, and he's pretty great once you evolve him. If you view the data of your units, you should see its level and next to it is (MaxLv??). It needs to be at max level AND need to have the correct Evolver type units to evolve it. Here's my ID if you want to add me 034,906,407

Anyway, I just met Chopper. The game seems to be doing a decent job telling me the story. I pretty much get the jist of the events. I'm not able to read every small detail, but I know what happened, who did it, and why.
    I'm currently at the Baratie, and I only had trouble one time when I purposefully chose an incredibly bad team filled with penguins and a frog. I only managed to beat the boss-fight by the skin of my teeth because I had a high-level friend. I figured training Zoro up to Lvl20 and lo and behold, I was allowed to evolve him. I haven't gotten the items I need to evolve Luffy yet. Is there any sure-fire way to obtain said characters/evolvers during battle, or is it completely random?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky3 View Post
    Caesar really is too much of an unrepentant evil creep to join the crew. I mean, just in this chapter we have him laughing like a maniac while he explains the murder capacities of his weapons and threatening a baby. Doesn't seem like Oda is setting this guy up for redemption.

I think he's more likely to go the Buggy route and end up wrapped up in a lot of big stuff against his will. I bet he'll get dragged to Wano at least.
    To be honest, I think they've been whitewashing Ceasar quite a bit. Remember how he (while under order) was the sole reason why the SH's managed to save most of the Minks?

He's still not a very good person, but when in contact with the Strawhats, he somehow turns into a character with dark sense of humor at times - while acting bitter on the surface. It's definitely still an ongoing process, but I could see him join. Besides, he's got a mark on his head. Everybody is out to get him for whatever reason. Big Mom wants him for the Giantification, Kaidou wants him for SMILE. If Big Mom does go down for good in this arc, then he still has Kaidou to worry about. At one point, he probably needs to realize that despite their recklessness, he's probably better off with the Strawhats because they don't want anything from him. Yes, Sanji did squat to keep him out of BM's hands and Ceasar is in his right to be resentful of that, but that's likely because he wasn't a Nakama. The situation would be different if he actually gets over that hill, makes an effort and joins.

The problem with Ceasar compared to Buggy is that in the wrong hands, Ceasar becomes a big problem. Ceasar in the hands of the SH's mean that the chemical weapons that are already widely used in the NW won't have much effect on the SH's - and that there aren't any programs akin to SMILE or Giantification.

The plan is doomed to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    Putting 10 bucks on Luffy messing up the plan because of his entrance.
    I thought the same thing lol.

I actually like Caesar, one of fave antagonists. He reminds me of the Joker in yanno, Batman. They share some similar traits.

Big Mom can play suicide like Kaidou if she's so bulletproof :V
    FC: 0748-6074-2990

Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round
    Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down
    Scream, screaming, screaming bloody murder,
    ...wow yeah

So was Mother Caramel actually Big Mom's...mom?

Page 260 of 262 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262 LastLast