Page 255 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255
Results 6,351 to 6,369 of 6369

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

I was surprised that Big Mom agreed to let Luffy and the others off the island safety. I didn't think she was capable of reason until now hee hee. I liked the book powers that that one member of Big Mom's crew used and it looks like Pedro's the bait now.

To willingly kill your own kid over not getting forced into marriage, the groom must have been ridiculously loaded with influence and power.

Lola likely knew good and well she wasn't off the hook and vivre card wasn't gonna mean s***. Wonder why she lied?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Farming Bottle Caps. If you have any to spare, especially golden ones, please do share!

Concert! Concert! CONCERT!

That's all I care about.
    Dialogue heavy though.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

Can't wait to see what Brook is gonna do. Hopefully some good fights for him since the last serious fight he got was in FI iirc.

Big Mom is a undersized giant, I'm calling it now.

Just Dance

At least no blatant Fairy Tail "naked prisoners" gag.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Carrot has been such a disappointment. Jesus Christ...

The moment we knew Big Mom hardly gives a s*** about her lesser kids should have made it clear where Lola stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    To willingly kill your own kid over not getting forced into marriage, the groom must have been ridiculously loaded with influence and power.

Lola likely knew good and well she wasn't off the hook and vivre card wasn't gonna mean s***. Wonder why she lied?
    Doubt Lola would do that intentionally. Maybe she had a bit more faith than she ought've had in a 'friend' or didn't quite know the extent of how MAD she would be.

Gonna predict that this situation goes down way different than the Crocodile thing and the Straw Hats can't beat Big Mom on their own.
    Villager is one scary bastard.

I'm glad that the treasure from Fishman Island will play a part later on and Big Mom intending to send an assassin after Lola seemed so cold-hearted. I'm also glad that Luffy's resolve isn't broken yet and I'm happy that Brook will get the spotlight next.

Another ego talk from 2 pirate king wannabe.

Anyway, it's time to see another action this time from Brook.
    3DS FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Thus spoke the raven, "Nevermore..."

Spoiler:- Spoilers:
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

But... people don't die in One Piece unless it's for world building.. Right?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Farming Bottle Caps. If you have any to spare, especially golden ones, please do share!

You think Sanji would remember that he could literally walk on air. That could help beat his family. Also, Brook is officially OP in this arc.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Whatever Pudding told Luffy he really didn't like at all. Zeff maybe? Pudding is going to leave? Neither of those really strike me as making Luffy that mad (well Zeff maybe but in the context of the scene I doubt she informed him of that).

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    You think Sanji would remember that he could literally walk on air. That could help beat his family.
    Walking on air was one of the technological advances first shown by the Germa in the story. The idea I think with them is they do with technology what Sanji has taught himself to do naturally. I fully expect one of the brothers to light their leg on fire using some tech before this arc is over.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Walking on air was one of the technological advances first shown by the Germa in the story. The idea I think with them is they do with technology what Sanji has taught himself to do naturally. I fully expect one of the brothers to light their leg on fire using some tech before this arc is over.
    Now I want to see some incinerated legs soon. Like, Telltale Two-Face burnt legs.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Whatever Pudding told Luffy he really didn't like at all. Zeff maybe? Pudding is going to leave? Neither of those really strike me as making Luffy that mad (well Zeff maybe but in the context of the scene I doubt she informed him of that).
    I think that running away isn't drastic enough to warrant those shocked faces from Luffy and Nami. It's pretty much down to two things, unless Oda pulls an even bigger twist:

1. Pudding will attempt suicide.

If the bride disappears from the play, then the alliance is off. Big Mom won't just substitute a new daughter, as seen with the Lola-situation in the past. So Pudding commiting suicide would free Sanji of his commitments to Big Mom/Germa66.

2. Pudding is going to cause a scene.

In the sense of, picking a fight/provoking the Germa66 sons. Ichiji is too collected to be provoked, but Niji and Yonji are big enough pieces of trash that they'll batter a girl that provokes them. This is ENTIRELY against Sanji's code. What kinds of concequences will this have when the family of the other side of the marital party starts a fight with the bride to be? I'm pretty sure either the Vinsmokes will call it off because of the offensiveness of the act, or Big Mom will be furious with either both parties for jeopardizing the new alliance, the Vinsmokes for laying a finger on Pudding, or angry at Pudding for not being passive in this entire ordeal and going against her orders.

Would this plan allow for Luffy and Nami to have those shocked expressions? I think it does. They've just been privvy to how Big Mom reacted when Lola defied her, she wants her dead. They obviously know that if Pudding defies Big Mom by jeopardizing the new alliance, she faces the same risk. Hence why Luffy asks, "what are you talking about?" In this sense of: "If you do that, she will want to kill you, so you can't, so what are you talking about?!" And Pudding probably has seen enough to know this and that's why she's teary-eyed and waving goodbye.

Now what will happen? I'm assuming that she will rave and flip out against Pudding, since that's what her actions regarding Lola tell us, before Sanji steps in and tells her to stick up for her daughter, or he will. I'm guessing that Sanji's respect for women -after Pudding's selfjeopardizing efforts to destabilize the alliance- is what will turn Big Mom around for a bit, at least enough to allow Sanji (and the rest of the SH?) to knock the Vinsmokes out, and feasting on the cake regardless of there being no wedding. Then the SH's are going to leave and that's when Big Mom takes a peek into the Tamatebako Box and BOOM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

I don't think Oda would really/be allowed to use suicide, but running away is also the equivalent to that so eh.

Pudding getting killed won't really help the matter, as half of the SH including Luffy are in Big Mum's hands. Its just one of those dramatic filler scenes.

Now if Brook could somehow affect Mum's power at all. He and Chopper could be a good trade for SH's freedom since they're collectible creatures after all.
    3DS FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Thus spoke the raven, "Nevermore..."

Honestly if Brook has that kind of effect on the homies, is Luffy beating Big Mom that big of a stretch now? I'm getting more and more convinced as the chapters come out that they are not leaving this island without dealing with the Big Mom pirates in some way. Big Mom is all fine now but once Pudding makes her move, Brook potentially takes out a sweet commander (her ability should be useless on him), Chopper and Carrot beat in Brulee and Randolph, and the treasure box goes boom I doubt she'll let them escape even if by some miracle Germa helps them.

Man One Piece has been so good lately. This has been the first time in years I felt like the Strawhats have been way in over their heads. There is literally no easy way out of this nor one that I can easily see.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 255 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255