Page 264 of 272 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 6797

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    I thought the chapter was okay, now I'm beginning to think the arc is a bit rushed like some ppl said.

It doesn't make sense for her to take that long to express her anger.
    I assume guests w/ no power or whatsoever will pass out if Mom screams w/ fully charged Haki.
    Oda has said that he wanted to end WCI, go through the Reverie and begin Wano in 2017. Considering we're at the end of May.. He'll need to hurry up if he wants to make good on that promise.

This entire event is taking place in a matter of seconds and what we're seeing from different characters is probably happening parallel to each other as opposed to chronological. Which means that an entire chapter can cover just as little as a few seconds, while we see different characters interactions (Sanji, Luffy, Bege, Nami&Co, Jinbe, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    Big Mom's past and Elbaf? Hell yeah!
    Basically the proof that Oda's out of time in terms of islands we can visit in the current storyline. Outside of Usopp at the EoS, I think this is the only time we'll see Elbaf.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    Isn't Smoothie supposed to be one of those that are top in the chain of command? How is she herself not getting involved...
    Yes. She's a woman. It's Oda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    There's an absolute zero percent chance Big Mom will actually be killed. Not from a plan this bad, one that's only worked because of luck. Not when her crew has had such a poor performance outside of Cracker and Katakuri and the people that beat down Luffy and Nami way back when after Cracker got his as* handed. Not with only maybe 2-3 feats from Big Mom herself.

Gastino has a better chance of joining the crew than Big Mom dying.
    He does. Mostly because the Strawhats are the safest crew for him to join after the fall-out of this arc. Both BM and Kaidou will be after him, and Bege won't have the might to protect him, nor is he capable of protecting himself. Strawhats makes the most sense, and he's already being whitewashed so it has a good chance of happening.

Thing is, we know for a fact that BM will recover from her shock. And it will happen with Luffy showing her the reassembled photo of Caramel.
    We don't know for a fact, but it's very likely. Why would Luffy show her the reassembled photo? He showed her a broken photograph to make her tumble and shout, he isn't going to put it back together for no odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well I did read something about Oda wanting to begin the Wano arc this year, so I guess he could be rushing this arc to get to that. But at this point in the series I'm not even that excited for Wano or seeing the Strawhats challenge Kaido's crew.
    Yup, he even wanted to clear Reverie. So what I'm expecting is for Wano to start as late as possible in December and that Reverie will be about 12 chapters or shorter, which would mean it would stretch from about Late September/October to Mid December. Which gives Oda a couple of months to wrap up this fight and the fall-out from this arc. It can be doable, but I'm not expecting Oda to be able to clear that much ground in a year to be honest.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Big Mom destroyed the whole village due to the lack of that semla snacks for a week as a kid. It was also good to see why BM appreciates sister Caramel that much. Nice to get a mention of Dorry and Broggy too and see Hajrudin as a kid.

A deranged overgrown child who was unbelievably dangerous at birth, and Caramel knew better than to intertwine. Smart woman.

Inb4 people start claiming big meme is just misunderstood lol.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Monster since the beginning.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

So Mother Caramel is actually enabling Linlin by not punishing her. Interesting how Whole Cake is all about Luffy and friends trying to kill a mentally ill old woman...
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Well then this confirm BM is a human after all... well since Whitbeard was also a big human...

Seeing this I think here she killed Mother Caramel and forgot about it after snapping out of her rampage, but she does subconciously knows and that is why she weakens every time her portrait is damaged...

Wow Big Mom looked so much better as a kid hee hee, plus I liked how the giants were all tolerant of her up until she went on her hungry rampage.

Eh, the Big Mom flashback doesn't have much potential IMO, but I do like the cameos of several giants that we've previously seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Eh, the Big Mom flashback doesn't have much potential IMO, but I do like the cameos of several giants that we've previously seen.
    I liked seeing Hajrudin and I liked the designs of Yaruru and Yoruru. I just wonder if this flashback is meant to be a way to make Big Mom seem like a victim or if it's setting up her counterattack when she snaps out of her breakdown.

Kinda agree, I think it's there to explain about Mother Caramel and something about the giants in the future plot.

Big Mom's potential as a great leader had been shown since she was kid.
    You guys gotta see some positivity in children like Mother Caramel xD
    Ultra Sun team:

Rage x Love
    FC: 0748-6074-2990

Last week's chapter was very interesting. Big Mom was cute as a child, but scary too. I like how we got to see more of Elbaf, it seems to be highly inspired by the vikings, which isn't strange since Oda watched a tv show about vikings as a kid and they were one of his biggest inspirations for pirates and what ultimately became One Piece. Also, the semla. Never thought it would make an appearance in the series. It is a well-known dessert where I live, I find it very interesting that Oda used a cultural thing I have known about for my whole life, never thought that would happen in One Piece.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

Spoiler:- chapter spoilers:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

WTF?! Linlin devoured everyone without noticing. That was messed up!
    Also, we learned that if you devour a devil-fruit user, you inherit his/her powers since Caramel had the Soul-Soul fruit.

That's.... a unique way to gain someone's power lol.
    Yup:

I was wondering why Caramel was stupid to go that far to vouch for BM, guess she had her reasons.

And did she end up eating them as well..?

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

And did she end up eating them as well..?
    It's implied that's what happened.
    Yup:

Another good chapter, but weird at times too. Mother Caramel selling the orphans to the World Government was a very cool twist, I did not see that coming at all. And it seems like Big Mom gained her powers from Caramel, somehow. Back to the present now, I wonder what will happen next in all the chaos.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

Well I can say I din't expected that... Oda really is god at this point for these plot twist.

Well I think that eating the user can also work... but maybe is not know as a normal sized person would kill another normal sized person if tries to eat them... so this method is something only BM can do.

I think because she did not trully eat the fruit her 'weakness' is actually the soul of Carmel trying to get free as it would explain why she weakens at all.

So I guess Big Mom accidentally ate the other orphans and Mother Caramel? Since the flashback's done we likely won't get further clarification, tho in a way I'm glad that the flashback wasn't that long cuz it wasn't that interesting to me.

Lol, so Mother Caramel was evil? I mean, she treated those orphans well sure, but it seems like her intentions were completely selfish. Eh, I guess it makes me feel slightly bad for Big Mom, though.

The scene with the clouds parting over Mother Carmel in the last chapter came off as super cheesy to me, but now I love it because she was likely using her version of Prometheus.

Edit: Also from what I can gather, the name "Mountain Witch" comes from a Japanese folklore about an old woman who lived on a mountain and would eat those who didn't feed her. ironic.
    Last edited by diakyu; 2nd June 2017 at 7:35 AM.

So Caramel is more or less the reason why the world government has so many giants right?

Never would have guessed the connection to CP0 though.

Lol, so Mother Caramel was evil? I mean, she treated those orphans well sure, but it seems like her intentions were completely selfish. Eh, I guess it makes me feel slightly bad for Big Mom, though.
    Nah, she was just pretending so the children wouldn't notice anything. That old hag was a b**ch who wanted to gain money and fame in the underworld as an orphan slaver.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Also from what I can gather, the name "Mountain Witch" comes from a Japanese folklore about an old woman who lived on a mountain and would eat those who didn't feed her. ironic.
    Wow, if tha's the case that was pretty clever from Oda to reference that folklore by reversing the roles.

Also, the giant structure on Elbaf that was teased was never revealed. Looks like Oda is still planning on an Elbaf arc. We also never saw the main city on the island.

She did seem selfish since she was essentially enslaving the kids from the orphanage, although she was selling them to the Marines so at least some of them had bright futures ahead of them since the strongest orphans would get better lives.

Page 264 of 272 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268 ... LastLast