Page 267 of 272 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 6797

Thread: Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

If any of you read anything else from jump, for the 20th anniversary every chapter from each series has a hidden strawhat within its contents.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

They managed to escape which was expected. Things worked, but maybe not in the way they had planned. I hadn't expected that old guy to transform the falling tower into soft cake and whipped cream though. Looks like the Straw Hats and the rescue crew, Caesar, as well as Bege and his crew are spitting up and going their own ways... I wonder if we'll see Caesar soon again, I hope so since I like him a lot. And I wonder what happened to Big Mom at the end of the chapter, looks like she is going through another mental breakdown or something.

Also, congrats to One Piece for going on for 20 years! Well done Oda! I have personally only been following the series since 2003, but that's a quite long time too. Anyway, here's to many more years (or at least a few) of pirate adventures!
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

I liked seeing how Streusen turned the cake chateau into sponge cake and whipped cream and Capone's crew leaving kind of made me sad cuz they were interesting. Big Mom's feeding frenzy seems to have started, which I guess means that this arc isn't over quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    So spoilers are out.

Not spoiling anything obviously but I gotta warn people now, if you had crazy high expectations for the ending of this arc, drop em now. It doesn't look pretty lol.
    I didn't think of it being any less exciting though. It provided some broad wacky conclusions.
    Will BM go on a rampage and eat every on WCI?
    Will she follow the Straw Hats to Wano, i.e Kaido's territory?

Should be fun.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

I didn't see anything in the new chapter that was shocking. I mean, all the various parties involved at the wedding survived the fall and went their own ways, and now Big Meme is angry as usual.

lol we all know the Strawhats are gonna turn around and help if Big Mom goes after the citizens. They've been talking about how Sanji is the nicest guy all this arc so no way Oda is just gonna have them sit back and be all "well sucks to be them" as countless innocents die. Also Steusen cutting the entire top of the castle and then Capone's comment about his power makes me think we haven't seen the last of him.

Also the new volume cover has a nice picture of Caesar, Luffy, and Capone squabbling and Sanji and Pudding in their wedding garb. But the best part is that baby Pez has pink hair.
    Last edited by diakyu; 14th July 2017 at 5:16 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    lol we all know the Strawhats are gonna turn around and help if Big Mom goes after the citizens. They've been talking about how Sanji is the nicest guy all this arc so no way Oda is just gonna have them sit back and be all "well sucks to be them" as countless innocents die. Also Steusen cutting the entire top of the castle and then Capone's comment about his power makes me think we haven't seen the last of him.

Also the new volume cover has a nice picture of Caesar, Luffy, and Capone squabbling and Sanji and Pudding in their wedding garb. But the best part is that baby Pez has pink hair.
    Agreed. I would find it way too hypocritical seeing Straw Hats abandoning innocent people at this point especially after helping Germa 66 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    I mean, all the various parties involved at the wedding survived the fall and went their own ways
    I was just hoping that the Luffy and Capone alliance would last longer since neither crew is off the island yet, which means that it's every man for himself right now basically. But that seems dangerous given that the Big Mom pirates will be chasing after them.

I didn't really have high hopes for this arc, except I wanted some characters to die... xD And we might see it. Pudding perhaps.
    The SH's main mission is to save Sanji anyway. It's just a coincidence they crossed path w/ team Bege.

The ending kinda showed Big Mom's another weakness, which is a delicious cake. Maybe it can be exploited in a way.
    Ultra Sun team:

Rage x Love
    FC: 0748-6074-2990

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    The ending kinda showed Big Mom's another weakness, which is a delicious cake. Maybe it can be exploited in a way.
    I don't think it really counts as a weakness. Her berserk state when she doesn't get the sweets she desires just like with semla and croquembouche has shown that she is way more dangerous when she acts like this.

I was kind of hoping that Sanji would use his skills to bake Big Mom a cake to satisfy her craving and for Big Mom to become smitten with him or something, but I doubt that Oda would do that cuz Big Mom has shown no remorse so far and I doubt cake would change that. ^^;

Wow, on the panel where they mention the shark submerge in the last chapter you can see Caesar just barely behind the tree on the right side watching them from a distance.

Edit: And I just realized the lightning bolt that silhouetted Sanji and Pudding at the end of 845 was brought down by Nami as mentioned by Galette at the start of 846. Am I just dumb for not noticing these things lol
    Last edited by diakyu; 20th July 2017 at 4:03 PM.

Loved how Perospero managed to redirect Big Mom's rampage by lying about the cake and I'm surprised that Zeus can even support Big Mom's weight hee hee. ^^;

Lol @ King Baum flirting with that female tree. I'm glad he's alive, although why the hell is Oda making Big Mom confront the Strawhats again when she defeated them a few chapters ago. What a waste of time.

Lol @ King Baum flirting with that female tree. I'm glad he's alive, although why the hell is Oda making Big Mom confront the Strawhats again when she defeated them a few chapters ago. What a waste of time.
    He was probably told by one of editors to make as many fake outs as possible to make (not so smart individuals) think there's a chance in hell Luffy Vs Big Mom will happen now.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Well there it goes my hopes of Pudding joining the good guys... tough she may be lying to give time to Sanji.

Now I think since he is in a dangerous situation Caesar may end joining Bege after all.

Honestly by this point I think that Jinbe will die to allow the others to escape since Luffy is too tired to fight Big Mom... still there is hopes for Sanji vs Katakuri.

Seeing two trees flirting...whoa. Anyway, let's see how the Straw Hats are going to repulse Big Mom now.

And here I thought Big Mom would eat everyone on the island.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

although why the hell is Oda making Big Mom confront the Strawhats again when she defeated them a few chapters ago. What a waste of time.
    Yea I'm not sure what the point is now and I'm kind of worried that we'll get Luffy vs Big Mom round two, only with Luffy doing better this time despite him losing fast before. I'd rather see Jinbe sacrifice himself to buy the Strawhats time to flee.

3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    And here I thought Big Mom would eat everyone on the island.
    She still might do that lol. I suspect that the cake that Pudding wants to bake for her won't satisfy Big Mom and she'll destroy Whole Cake Island.

I suppose this arc will end up w/ another twist(s). It's not that bad since it's kind of a trend having 2 or 3 twists for ending like some authors I know.
    I just hope it's not too overwhelming or forced, like Luffy suddenly learns a new power out of exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    I don't think it really counts as a weakness. Her berserk state when she doesn't get the sweets she desires just like with semla and croquembouche has shown that she is way more dangerous when she acts like this.
    It's kind of a weakness if she kills her own children/crew.
    Last edited by Cutty; 23rd July 2017 at 11:33 AM.
    Ultra Sun team:

Rage x Love
    FC: 0748-6074-2990

She still might do that lol. I suspect that the cake that Pudding wants to bake for her won't satisfy Big Mom and she'll destroy Whole Cake Island.
    I wouldn't put it past her to destroy Whole Cake Island either even tho she'd be damaging her own domain, which wouldn't be smart. So I'm hoping that Pudding's plan with Chiffon and the cake works out for the sake of stopping Big Mom's silly rampage. ^^

It's kind of a weakness if she kills her own children/crew.
    It's a double-edged sword for sure but the last time she was in that state was able to hear Perospero without killing him and only threatening him instead something that didn't do to Mochato or back in Elbaf. I don't really know what is really going on with that state of hers.

Also we'll have a break after next week's chapter due to a holiday. Man Oda really picks the best times lol

Page 267 of 272 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271 ... LastLast