Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Once More With Reeling! (467)

Aw, come on, six foot three isn't THAT tall. Can you imagine her having a Wailord?

*sighs dreamily* I have been WAITING for the episode Combusken evolves in for sooo long, and here it is! But it sucks that she might leave the gang right away; I want to see more of Blaziken before she leaves ;_; That giant fire chicken is one of the few reasons I still watch the show, and I was hanging on the fact that I could see it at least once an episode.

I'll tell you, May hugging her Blaziken around the waist is so adorable because that's what I want to do. ;_;

Does anyone else think that the full body shot of Blaziken has slightly effeminate features?

My only consolation if May leaves is the hope that Hikari chooses Pocchama as her starter. <3
    Last edited by Origamigryphon; 8th September 2006 at 9:09 PM.

Well it is upsetting that we don't know who the victor is. I personally am going for Ash as May needs another loss in a contest. The writers don't give her enough losses. even with a new evolution.

So the only reason Ash entered this contest was to waste time?
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

I agree with what Origamigryphon said, and I think Blaziken is effeminate in those shots. Is it specified whether it is male or female? And if Blaziken is 6'3" then how tall is may? Like 4 feet? That's pretty short IMO. I can't wait to actually watch the episode, the pics on the main site are pretty small

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    Well it is upsetting that we don't know who the victor is. I personally am going for Ash as May needs another loss in a contest. The writers don't give her enough losses. even with a new evolution.

So the only reason Ash entered this contest was to waste time?
    I heard it ends in a tie so no one's going to win. And I guess that's the reason for Ash to enter, still fun to watch any ways.

Meowth(or little Moe)is still playing on his funday set for two yearolds like maggie simpson
    Sharpedo and Sektor are my bishies! Touch them and you will receive a bite on the neck and a rocket up your bum!

Dream Team!
    Credit to Bulbgarden and MK Wiki

I just saw the pics, I can't wait to see this episode, It looks awesome!
    for some of you that asked if Blaziken was male of female, I think it's Female, cause Torchic sounded female, so did Combusken a little, so it's got to be female.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Ok, so we see the return of Overgrow and the debut of Blaze.

Blaziken learns Blaze Kick and what appears to be Fire Punch and either Mega Punch or Focus Punch.

I need to see this episode. It looks like it was a great battle.

To whomever...The reason the points are even (aside from plot) is because Sceptile is much more experienced than the newly evolved Blaziken despite type differences. I would almost be positive that if Ash hadn't lost points for battle style or whatever that he would win.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Compared to Harrisons, this Blaziken has a higher voice. Not very "feminime" though.

Why does everyone in this episode wanna "Bash a homo?"

May's Blaziken deserves to be put to the test with a better animation team. I want to see this thing in Shinou, dammit!

Agreed, although I won't mind too much if may is kicked off, i want to see Blaziken in action. About to watch it now, looks good in the pics.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 8th September 2006 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origamigryphon View Post
    I'll tell you, May hugging her Blaziken around the waist is so adorable because that's what I want to do. ;_;
    Hmm. Though maybe it's just the very noticable extra growth of feathers, but I couldn't help thinking that she gets dangerously close to Blazikens groin at that point.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

I'm sorry, but this thing was lamer than May vs. Brock. Probably the worst contest since Saffron, actually. May's appeal was good, Ash's appeal was okay other than the fact that he clearly should have been hit by those electric rings, but quite frankly, this episode just didn't feel right. It's not as exciting without Vivian or Lilan's enthusiasm. It's not a true contest without Sukizo repeatedly saying "Suki desu ne!" And honestly, Combusken evolved in the absolute lamest method possible. I would have even rather seen Jessie enter again than witness another lame scheme that takes up valuable contest time, and for Combusken to evolve just for breaking a friggin' net. And for the love of God, who the hell appeals with a Magikarp?

The battle itself was merely okay. It felt quite strange that we hardly even saw May giving commands or responding to Blaziken getting hit, even though Ash was shown plenty. The animation left a lot to be desired. And my God, that has to be the absolute lamest cliffhanger in the history of the series.

Wow, I used the word "lame" a lot in that.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

....and there goes my favourite pokémon animé character ever.
    You know, it's actually quite a depressing feeling once that fact really hits home. Wakasyamo collapses to it's feet. 1,2, 3and poof! It's gone from the show forever. That scene choked me up, and I think I can finally understand how all those Misty, Tracey and Randomcharacter fans felt after their favourite fictional personalities packed their bags and set sail for either complete obscurity or a few recurring appearances.
    And it ain't a nice feeling at all. God damn it, Wakasyamo may not have been a human character, and she couldn't speak coherent english, but she was still a character never the less. And she was my fave~
    I guess I can't complain though. It's evolution may have been one of the weakest attempts these writers have ever put an iota of thought into, but Wakasyamo got some really good battling time during it's stay, and single handedly provided one of the best pokémon battles the series has ever had the fortune to churn out. Not too bad for an ugly, worthless, middle evolution pokémon, is it sports fans? ?

But, anyways. Episode at hand I suppose.
    Eh, I didn't find it all that enjoyable actually. Though there were one or two decent highlights thrown in for good measure. Team Rocket in Japanese garb, waving rising sun flags with Mt. Fuji plastered all over 'em, was pretty cool for example. They don't do seemingly random things like that nearly enough these days~

-THAT PARAS WAS HUGE.

- Those two inept coordinators were awesome. The Magikarp dude in particular. You've gotta have guts to send out a Magikarp to do an app...ahh hell, anything.
    And speaking of appeals. Man, I love how they usually make no logical sense. I mean, just look at what Eevee managed to accomplish. Making pretty fireworks from a bunch of Shadow Ball attacks that don't make any contact with each other. Why doesn't Haruka use crap like that in actual battles? Blind the opponent for life with colourful fireworks I say! Get sued for letting her pokémon play with explosives! Get sent to a federal jail for life!

-The battle had some pretty interesting things going on. I for one, loved all the over-the-top jumping around and bouncing of the roof of the stadium. I also like how this match, for the most part, relied more on the pokémon's physical abilities as opposed to their usual burp-a-beam moves. Sceptile using it's tail to swat Blaziken away, and Blaziken back flipping to avoid Bullet Seed onslaughts were some of the highlights~

-Ugghh...hearing 'Shamo, Shamo, Shamo Shamo!' coming out of that thing as it geared up for a special delivery of Sky Uppercut was pretty painful. It just isn't the same...gaah, please, just get me a Kleenex before I start weeping~
    Last edited by Gravy; 8th September 2006 at 10:49 PM.

I thought it wasnt as exciting mainly because everyone knew two weeks in advance that Combusken would evolve. Anyway What annoyed me was that the plot was so lame. There shouldnt even be a pokemon contest so quickly after the end of the GF.

One highlight was that this pokemon episode actually felt like Kanto. This entiresaga we could've just been in Hoenn for all we knew. On this episode the second to last episode of the series they finally show off a lot of kanto pokemon that would've been nice to have some more spotlight through this entire saga like Charmeleon, Venomat, Oddish, Seel, Paras etc. Seriously I never felt kanto until this episode which is sad and annoys me.

~Jolteonjak~ blaziken didnt learn any of those attacks it was just sky uppercut.
    Seen the episode.

I agree with S. Suikun, Combusken did evolve in the lamest way possible. Combusken used mega kick to free the pokemon and after Ash had pikachu thunderbolt TR may ordered an attack and combusken just fell on its knees and evolved. It wasnt even hurt or anything so why does it fall on its knee?

The appeals were funny, the girl had gloom use sleep powder and nurse joy and the other judge fell asleep. She gets eliminated and starts to cry.
    A magikarp trying to do an appeal its trainer just looks at it and puts his head down. lol
    May's appeal was rather boring, Just dig and then a few shadow balls which gave some firework type affect.
    Ash's appeal was nice IMO better then May's, Pikachu using quick attack to leave a little trail of its attack and using thunderbolt at the same time to form the Electric Rings (kind of like krillin's destructo disk from dbz). Pikachu used Iron tail to knock it around the stage.

The battle was good. At first Sceptile trying to hit Blaziken and it dodged using matrix moves. Ash's points were deducted cuz he wasnt landing hits in. He realized it and I believe told sceptile to increase its speed or something. Sceptile used Pound ( I think) quite a few times in the match. Sceptile also dodged blaziken's move and May's points were also deducted.

Great to see Overgrow again, Sceptile looked mad cool using it. Blaze made its debut and it was good to see Blaziken using it. Sceptile is bad a** pokemon it had a disadvantage against blaziken but still matched it evenly (some might say better) and also made it use its Blaze ability.
    The match ended with Blaziken's overheat and Sceptile's solarbeam colliding and whole bunch of smoke covering the stage. We all know that the match will end in a tie though.
    Guess my prediction was right about it being a showdown of overheat and solarbeam.
    Overall it was good episode. Blaziken in May's team is okay I guess, I liked Combusken better though. Blaziken is damn ugly, lol. It's animation was very wierd, blaze kick just didnt look right.
    Last edited by Flamez; 8th September 2006 at 11:10 PM.

Combusken was in pain for missing TR and hitting the boat. I thought its evolution was pretty good actually. Blaziken vs. Sceptile is the best contest battle ever, whats all this complaining coming from -__-.

I thought the episode was great, but of course...the animation.

I severely hope this wasn't May's final battle in the series, because she deserves to go out with a win.

After losing miserably to Saori, losing miserably to Drew, and presumedly tying with Ash, it is a pretty lame way to end a leading protagonist.

It makes her look like a rookie instead of an experienced coordinator.

I'm sure Blaziken will look great if it gets done by one of the better animation teams, and I'm anxious to see her use it in future Contests, if the writers make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    Blaziken vs. Sceptile is the best contest battle ever, whats all this complaining coming from -__-.
    I strongly disagree with that, I would say Munchlax vs Octillery was the best contest battle ever. The animation, music, battle and Harley getting his first and probably only win on may was the best.

In this episode, Blaziken evolving still seems very cheap to me. Its like May needed an evolution to put up a fight against Ash's sceptile and she got it. If blaziken is having such a hard time beating scepitle then I doubt combusken could've done anything. No offense to combusken I love the chicken.

Ah, there's nothing like the dreaded cliffhanger to make a person feel dissapointed. I hope Sceptile beats Blaziken. We've never seen a Blaziken lose before in the history of this show.
    Ruby Team: Groudon, Nuzleaf, Camerupt, Blaziken, Hariyama, Manectric
    New FireRed Team: Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Mankey, Pikachu, Raticate, Diglett
    Emerald Team: Blaziken, Gardevoir, Swellow, Sudowoodo, Mightyena, Rayquaza
    Pearl Team: Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Bibarel, Drifblim
    Legendaries: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Groudon, Jirachi, Rayquaza

Judging from the screenshots, Eevee went cute again and dug holes... heheh. How sweet...

Let's hope we see May again in the future with her Blaziken and maybe an evolved Eevee or not.

I really love this contest! The Blaziken and Sceptile match is awesome! Mega Punch vs. Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick vs. Slam, Overheat vs. Solarbeam! I love it...especially since we see Blaze and Overgrow...one of my favorite contest matchs ever!!

Default Ara ara

The writers are really lame if they let May go after Blaziken evolve. We wait to long to see that... and then...

I am the bone of my sword.
    Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand blades.
    Unknown to death. Nor known to life…
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
    So as I pray, unlimited blade works!

BASH A HOMO!

Actually, May getting Blaziken sounds like a good way to end her stay (yes, I miss Combushken some too. But she lives on in Blaziken and her bizarre feathery crotch)

Yeah good end for May. Torchic evolved throughout the Hoenn/Battle Frontier Saga and finished before her leave. Who won? next episode.
    My Shinies Hunting Giratina, Abra, Uxie, Bronzor, Suicune, Ho-oh, Psychic Types
    My Bishie Motoko Aoyama

My Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    I really love this contest! The Blaziken and Sceptile match is awesome! Mega Punch vs. Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick vs. Slam, Overheat vs. Solarbeam! I love it...especially since we see Blaze and Overgrow...one of my favorite contest matchs ever!!
    Blaziken doesnt know mega punch and Sceptile doesnt know slam. The attacks were sky uppercut and Pound.

The match will end in a draw it's been confirmed for the past couple of day's now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast