Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Once More With Reeling! (467)

Sceptile does know Slam now, irc.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    Blaziken doesnt know mega punch and Sceptile doesnt know slam. The attacks were sky uppercut and Pound.

The match will end in a draw it's been confirmed for the past couple of day's now.
    The attack was Sky Uppercut...oops. Anyway, whatever the attacks were, they were dead even with eachother, I know that it's a tie but still I liked the battle .

CLIFFHANGER LOL! Though we'll know which starter proves to be the stronger. I hope it's Sceptile. Considering Ash was screwed over by a Blaziken and defeating him it would be the best way for AG to end if he defeated one.

And more blatant Japanese culture references. You know the animators know 4Kids has left the building. (Let's hope PUSA is kinder.)

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

It's a tie TBA.

Come on people, give a little bit of faith with May! Im not a big fan of hers but im sure she will win it! Because usually the newly evolved pokemon win the matches!

Knight Ram we're not speculating or anything, IT IS CONFIRMED THAT THE MATCH WILL BE A DRAW. The manga adaptation of the episode reveals that the match will be a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    ~Jolteonjak~ blaziken didnt learn any of those attacks it was just sky uppercut.

Thanks a lot. I completely forgot about that attack. Yes, and Sceptile was major bad arse using Overgrow.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Default Oh boy!

A Draw! What an awful way fo finish it! Well, in the past, Ash has lossed a couple of matches that were promising....

Who cares anyway... a good battle, an evolution, the end of a Journey, and... who knows... the beginning of another?

BTW, only 40 episodes more and Pokemon will be the longest anime series in all history... (Dragon Ball Sage has the record with 506; Dragon ball (153), Dragon ball Z (291) and Dragon ball GT (64))

I am the bone of my sword.
    Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand blades.
    Unknown to death. Nor known to life…
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
    So as I pray, unlimited blade works!

No, Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile has never used Slam. Its moves are:

Pound
    Quick Attack
    Bullet Seed
    Leaf Blade
    Solarbeam

If you've seen the episode, how can you possibly mistake Sky Uppercut for anything else, considering that the Japanese name for it, called out clearly whenever the attack is used, is "Sky Upper"?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Great episode.

The appeals were nice, the Rocket scheme wasn't that bad and the Sceptile/Blaziken battle was pretty neat-o. Blaziken is a mighty weak, though - it should really be beating Sceptile...and it got less hits on Sceptile.

Ah, still - it will be a tie - everyone will be happy.

Kinda sad.

The one pokemon that Haruka has that SHOULD be super over-powered...isn't.
    Koshiyo Tatoyo i O suYA Fool YO! YO!

But wasn't this tie that people were talking about supossed to be in this episode...something is up.

And either Blaziken is weak or Sceptile's tail is really tough cause it is sad that Blaze Kick did next to nothing on it.

I just saw the ep, the usual dumb team rocket stealing pokemon from trainers but were there really only 5 competitors in this contest cause obviously there was only one battle for the winner.I gotta say i still dont completely understand contests does the bar go by health or by style points, there were many times in this ep(and many others) where a pokemon lost health and didnt get hit, and o ya and the anime doesnt neccesarily always follow the manga adaption
    Last edited by gamefreak5034; 9th September 2006 at 5:08 AM.

All the past times they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    All the past times they have.
    but according to the manga version the "Tie" was supossed to happen this episode, Combusken evolved during the fight with Sceptile, and Pikachu and Blaziken sent TR flying of something to that extent...something is up we might actually have a winner after all.

At first I disliked May's lack of commands in the first few minutes of the battle. But now that I think about it, Blaziken had just evolved. May had not yet had a chance to see what it could do in battle, to gauge its strength and power, get used to its reaction times, and so on. She kind of had to do that on the fly in this battle. She was used to dealing with Combusken, but the more powerful Blaziken was another matter entirely. So she spent the first few minutes getting a feel for what Blaziken could do, while it naturally dodged attacks, lowering Sceptile's points in the process. That's a sign of a good coordinator right there.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I think it will still end in a tie, I bet that explosion is Team Rocket again. Than Ash will lead Team Rocket away from the contest area and fall down a rocky area and run into Gary who is on a cliff than Gary helps Ash defeat Team Rocket. Ash challanges Gary to a battle but his Pokemon might be too tired and weak. Than they go back to the contest and Ash finds out the battle ended in a tie and he gets some thing along with May. And tells every one what his plans are and is with Gary or Gary went some where else to pack. May tells Ash the contest gave her inspiration to go to the Jhoto contests and defeat her rivals. Max cries about leaving and May tells them they will meet up agian some day and Max stops crying. They all split up, Ash stops by his house and says good bye agian. Gary is there and goes with him, it ends there. That's how I see it happening next week, huzzah I'm bored.

I think that may have been the end of the contest. I'd be surprised if they actually finish the battle in the next episode.

^ That is true. The smoke may clear with them both on the ground.

After all, there's a lot to fit into the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    but according to the manga version the "Tie" was supossed to happen this episode, Combusken evolved during the fight with Sceptile, and Pikachu and Blaziken sent TR flying of something to that extent...something is up we might actually have a winner after all.
    Exactly, thats why its wrong to always base the anime off the manga

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    I think that may have been the end of the contest. I'd be surprised if they actually finish the battle in the next episode.
    I agree. The outcome will be decided when the smoke clears weather it's a tie or somebody wins. They could give May a win and make it not look out of place since she was given a big type advantage and a big advantage in it being a contest battle.
    Last edited by Jikkle; 9th September 2006 at 8:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    No, Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile has never used Slam. Its moves are:

Pound
    Quick Attack
    Bullet Seed
    Leaf Blade
    Solarbeam

If you've seen the episode, how can you possibly mistake Sky Uppercut for anything else, considering that the Japanese name for it, called out clearly whenever the attack is used, is "Sky Upper"?
    The people confusing the attack were probably judging by the pics. In the pics sky uppercut, mega punch, and focus punch pretty much look the same.

I hope that Ash wins. Sceptile is MUCH cooler than Blaziken...fraid i have never been a Torchic/Combuskin/Blaziken fan, just always looked like an overgrown chicken!

I like the fact that Ash lost points at the beginning for ungraceful battling. It's to be expected as this is his first contest. He's used to just hitting and knocking out as fast as possible. It also shows how quick he is to adapt his and his pokemon's battle strategy and style. Illustrates that he's grown up a LOT when you compare it to his battle style and strategies when he was younger.

I recon it would be nice for Ash to have this win because it won't mean anything really, just that he can excel at all ways of pokemon battling!

Quote Originally Posted by Saga_Darklight View Post
    BTW, only 40 episodes more and Pokemon will be the longest anime series in all history... (Dragon Ball Sage has the record with 506; Dragon ball (153), Dragon ball Z (291) and Dragon ball GT (64))
    You know that's a lie. Detective Conan beats Dragon Ball, Doraemon beats Dragon Ball badly, and there's a series that has over 1000 episodes (I forgot the title).

Quote Originally Posted by Rudoku View Post
    You know that's a lie. Detective Conan beats Dragon Ball, Doraemon beats Dragon Ball badly, and there's a series that has over 1000 episodes (I forgot the title).
    As for as I can find, Detective Conan only ever had 452 eps. Doraemon, on the other hand, has over 2000 eps and counting, therefore pretty conclusively kicking Dragonballl Saga's head in (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1317)

EDIT: Koga Rank!

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak5034 View Post
    Exactly, thats why its wrong to always base the anime off the manga
    It's not the manga as in Special.

It's the manga based off the Anime episode. The past ones were all correct, so I see this one being too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast