Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Once More With Reeling! (467)

Sceptile doesn't even know Slam. It was definately Pound, because it's the same attack command that was given in the original.

This was a nice episode. Ash and May both enter a contest, and they both face off in the final round. I know it was unoffical, but they chose the final 2 contestants right after the appeals. May's Combusken finally evolves into Blaziken, and I must say, Blaziken's voice was great in my opinion. The battle got so intense, they can't tell the outcome at the end of the contest. There was one shot however where you could easily tell the outcome of the battle (even Brock said it, sort of).
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

I liked this episode, I wasn't expecting the fireworks but I was expecting shadow ball. Blaziken's voice is ok but I hate how it used Blaze Kick, it just jumped and stuck his foot out instead of bringing it back and forcing it forward for more power. Nevertheless this was a very good episode.
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

An ok dub. What bothered me most was that they kept advertising Ash coming in the top 8 of the Hoenn League. I would have thought being the conqueror of Battle Frontier would earn more recognition, but whatever.

And I'm pretty sick of evolutions happening because of a fight with Team Rocket. I think it would have been more of an honor to have Combusken evolve in a battle with Ash than the latter.

Keep on coming with the slams Scepy!!
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

1. I have got to laugh at the towns name... Terra Cotta (or Terracotta)? Gosh... I'm sorry, I just laugh at stuff like that.

2. Ash did really good for that being his first Contest, even though it was an unofficial one.

3. Next week is the last episode of the season!!!!

9/10 I like last week's episode much better...

One statement.

I know that Ash v. May was destined to happen, but I don't think Pikachu's appeal beat out that Seel's ice sculpture thing.

But, whatever, it was good anyways.

~*~Made by Me~*~

After all the contests he's watched May in, you'd think Ash would know how the battle portion works by now. This was an OK episode for me. It could have been much better. They should have used the Weavile and Chatot fillers and use them to extend Ash's match with Brandon and this contest longer. Oh well.
    Pokemon White 2 Team

Quote Originally Posted by grassland View Post
    Thanks to www.Naruto.com/character+test for my signeture.
    Any reason WHY you posted that?

My cable just HAD to die before this episode.
        Spoiler:

FC: 3180-5269-0929

It's too bad we only get to see May's Blaziken for two episodes. Why'd it have to evolve the episode before she left?!!?

I liked the episode except for one thing, I was only able to hear about three pieces of the original japanese BGM in this episode. That is at least to my knowledge since I don't have the original version of the episode anymore. Other than the music, it was a good episode all around.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeDouglas View Post
    It's too bad we only get to see May's Blaziken for two episodes. Why'd it have to evolve the episode before she left?!!?

Because Combusken is more interesting than Blaziken overall, and this was only done as a last hurrah.

Since the writers knew she was leaving, they wanted to giver her Blaziken as a sendoff.

combusken was ugly as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    ~Jolteonjak~ blaziken didnt learn any of those attacks it was just sky uppercut.
    Seen the episode.

I agree with S. Suikun, Combusken did evolve in the lamest way possible. Combusken used mega kick to free the pokemon and after Ash had pikachu thunderbolt TR may ordered an attack and combusken just fell on its knees and evolved. It wasnt even hurt or anything so why does it fall on its knee?

it fell on its knees because it was about to evolve
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    it fell on its knees because it was about to evolve
    Yeah but what made laugh is it just randomly did it :P

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

This is episode was so amazing and i thought the battle was so awsome <3

10/10
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Super!

-That contest reminded me so much of the VERY first contest that May saw (you know a male announcer instead of Vivian or Lillian).
    -The male announcer...oh it's really nothing. I'm just speculating something for next week for a certain voice that BETTER SOUND PERFECT!!!
    -I totally space and forget that May's Combusken evolves into a Blaziken. I'm an idiot.
    -Usually Brock sits down in the audience and shout his love to Nurse Joy from there. What the hell happened here? How did he make it pass security?
    -Because I'm being watched and spyed on by certain people here and it's really pissing me off...
        Spoiler:

Although I will say that his appeal round was pretty good.
    -The battle itself...cool! I was at the edge of my seat. (That usually never happens when I'm watching an anime, or at least not since InuYasha)

And that's about all.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Why did Combusken fall to its knees like that? I've never imagined evolution to be that painful.

Well for a before last episode for a season, it was pretty good.

The major event that i was waiting to see was Combusken evolve to Blaziken. That was the highlight for me for this episode. The actual battle between May and Ash was pretty good, and the announcers even mentionned that May's Combusken had just evolved.

I was kind of expecting Solarbeam and Overheat when both Blaziken's and Sceptile's abilities were activated. Then the scores that were covered by the smoke in midair. I'm not sure if the animators were expecting us to be color blind, because you could easily see who won and it was both.

here:
        Spoiler:- omg the results!!:

Edit: I feel that it will be rather difficult for me to find PBF: "Home is where the Start is." After it airs, since only one place had this episode. Eh, i dont really mind who will have it, just so long as i do get to see it.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 26th February 2007 at 4:55 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

ash has way too much experience over may, he should have won, but they just like to screw around with us, dont they?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuddyBud View Post
    ash has way too much experience over may, he should have won, but they just like to screw around with us, dont they?
    Ash has never been in a Contest before, Combusken/Blaziken have had a ton of battle experience.

Why whine over something so trivial? Its just meant to be the final battle of AG between Ash and May, nothing earth shattering.

I thought through most of the battle, Ash was saying commands but May didn't do much to counter. I found that a little irksome. I think that was at the start of the battle though.

That bothered me too. The writers focused on Ash throughout the whole beginning and didn't have May call out a single attack.

Seriously, wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    I thought through most of the battle, Ash was saying commands but May didn't do much to counter. I found that a little irksome. I think that was at the start of the battle though.
    I noticed that too. The least the writers could have done was have May at least tell Blaziken to dodge, or to block the hits. Eh, the writers have an awkward way of doing things but, oh well.

On a side note, did anyone else notice that they deliberately made this a short 2 parter by having the end of battle take place in middair, COINCIDENTALLY in the exact same spot where the "results" screen was? Therefore they could shove the results to next episode and have a proper sendoff. Quite strange really.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

WOW, that battle between Ash and May in this episode that leads into the next episode is so amazing and powerful to watch. It was great to see Combusken evolve, and I was delighted that blaziken kept its established deep voice from the Silver Conference episodes and "Destiny Deoxys". PUSA Combusken never sounded as good as 4Kids Combusken, so I was definitely pleased to hear Blaziken sound exactly the same. Ash and May's appeals rounds were also great. For being a newbie in the contest arena, Ash was really good. At least his performance here helps set up his work in the Sinnoh region. I also liked the appeals of the other contestants too. I LOL'd when that one trainer was DQ'd because her vileplume's sleep powder KO'd the judge and Nurse Joy. I liked Team Rocket's pirate bit too.

I'm feeling sad that next week is the last time we'll see May and Max for the forseeable future. I'll talk more about them with that episode, but I know right now that I'm going to miss them a lot. Hopefully, if Tracey and Misty are any indication, they'll be making appearances in the future. And hey, I know who *IS* back next week.

Overall, 10/10.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast