Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue - Team Go-Getters Out Of The Gate! (021)

I bet it'll wind up being another series, and some of the voices, Pichu's was extremely grating IMO. XD and I honestly thought that Charmander sounded like his nose was stuffed up and such.

Other then some of the VA's and Gengar, Meditate and Ekan's team name (Team Meanies, no, just no), it was pretty cool.
    Ashki's PokePet

Ray Stantz the level 50 Scyther!

This episode was cute actually, and yes I'm almost 20 here! But yep, the story plot was aimed for little kids obviously, but it was interesting. Sometimes I just wanna sit back, and put on a cutsy kiddie show which it keeps me mind off of things. (Like stress) But I enjoyed it. I loved Squirtle, he was clueless, but I couldn't enough of the little critter. Then Charmander and Chikorita.

I was concerned they got Ekans wrong when they called it Arbok. But the voices was really good. I actually enjoyed Pikachu's voice a lot. It was so warm and brotherly to me. But what the hey, it was all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I didn't get a lot of things about this episode.
    1) Why did Skarmory keep saying "I don't like it"?
    2) What is a Corsola Twig and why did it own Skarmory?
    3) Was Skarmory possessed or something?
    1) See 3
    2) Like the scarfs they are lucky, it wned him because it was just, well lets say... Luck
    3) No, she had been hit on the head by something

Bold= 1
    Hoenn:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova/World Tournament A:
    Unova 2/World Torunament B:
    My name is Luke. My favourite Pokemon is Zorua. I want to make films when I'm older. DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
    (Also Luke's Japanese seiyuu happens to be my favourite one)

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    The music might not have been Japanese (or it might have been, I don't know)
    It was. The entire track was based on the music in the actual games eg. whilst fighting Skarmory, and whilst first entering Sinister Cave, the dungeon music started up. I'm sure a lot of people are unaware of this though, considering the majority probably haven't managed to play it as of yet~

"The kid's got a lot of spunk, but MAN, what a royal pain in the neck!"
    Oh Gengar. You were saying what we were all thinking.

This special may not have been Shakespeare, and it was a blatant advertisment. But darn it, I'm a kid at heart, so I found it to be one of the most enjoyable pieces of pokémon animation in a long while. I have to concur with the masses here, and say that I'd be sorely disappointed if this one didn't eventually spawn a short spin-off series.
    They'd obviously put quite a bit of effort into this one. The animation, for one thing, was phenomenal. The quality remained consistent, and there were some really nice expressions mixed in whenever appropriate. As Jesse already pointed out, the Skarmory battle was a definite highlight. The attacks all felt like they had some real power behind them, and the movement of the characters was incredibly fluid (especially when Squirtle darted around after swallowing the Quick Seed). I also thought all the little details, like Skarmory stumbling backward after being thrown for a loop by Squirtle's tackle, made it all the better.
    I was surprised that there was an original music score made just for this episode. I'd been expecting a pick n' mix of random music cues from the show and films, but hearing the actual Mysterious Dungeon track was a real treat. And despite a few flaws in the storyline, I really enjoyed the character interaction~

As for the voice acting, I had no problems with any of them….well, y’know, apart from Pichu, who nobody seems to like anyway.
    My favourites included the very camp Kecleon brothers (But right now, we‘re closed to everyone! ^_^) , the Ekans who sounded like a villain from He-Man (Man, is that gooood!), evil English Skarmory (Who, might I add, made Skarmoey look cool again), Narrator Wishcash and Bellsprout n’ Lotad.
    Usually I’m not a fan of Jimmy Zoppi’s old man voice, but I felt that it really fit the character this time around.

Am I the only one who thought Pelipper sounded almost identical to Toad from the old Super Mario Bros. Super Show? If they had increased the pitch a little, methinks it would have been spot on.

I though this movie was pretty good.

Ulike you all,I did'nt mind Pichus voice...
    When I heard skarmory's voice I burst out laughing,jeez,new imports from London.But why ,oh why couldn't Charmander be played by someone who didn't sound like they had a cold?And when he said "Hyuck", I got really Ticked.Kecleons were creepy.And it was funny what I thought of reffering the Kangaskhan and the mini one to Dr.Evil and Mini me.
    Team meanies???*shoots self* They were funny but the named sucked.

Other than that I liked the Special:
    5 stars!

That episode wasn't too lame, but which voice actor did what Pokemon?

I liked how they were willing to be stylized, something Pokemon hasn't been in a while. The backgrounds were a throwback to Season 1 which rocks and an appropriate environment for cartoony little critters. Add that to some of the better animation and you've got some major eye candy.

And ear candy, the selection was slightly different than the main series. I believe I heard more woodwinds than in the main series as well as a real bell during the Skarmory battle.

All in all, this is hopefully a pilot because this plot is far from tapped.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I sure hope it becomes a series. This is a nice change from the usual anime, and for once they kind of kept to the story of the game!

Plus, Skarmory makes up for everything that went wrong XD.

Skarmory:"I don't like it. I don't like it. I don't care what it looks like to anyone else. I don't like it one bit!
    Last edited by Fenrir; 11th September 2006 at 4:21 PM.

this is was pretty amazing and i love it it loads 0__0
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Gengar: GO ARBOK!
    Ekans: Raar!
    me: *shoots self*

Another thing I noticed is when Squirtle tackled Skarmory he fell back flat on his back. They made sure the battle looked well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Gengar: GO ARBOK!
    Ekans: Raar!
    me: *shoots self*
    Actually it was...

Gengar: Go ARBOK!

Ekans: Gee, thanks!

Too me it sounds like Ekans was angry he was called the wrong name....

Then I wonder if it was intential then? In Japan Ekans is called Arbo so Gengar was perhaps supposed to screw up his name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al View Post
    Then I wonder if it was intential then? In Japan Ekans is called Arbo so Gengar was perhaps supposed to screw up his name.
    If this spins off into an actual series, I can easily see that becoming the first running gag. Though whether people like it or not depends on how much they enjoyed Butch's schtick I suppose :P

And speaking of japan; I hope we get to see a version of this special released over there. I'd really like to hear Ikue Otani try her hand at voicing Pikachu speaking fluent eng...er, japanese. And I can only imagine how hillarious Ekan's voice would be.

HAH!

TAKE THAT PUSA HATERS!

I have discovered a good reason!

EDIT: They should have Takehito Koyasu (Kosaburo's VA) do Ekans then!

Good things:
    -Seen a chapter in another perspective
    -Pikachu´s voice, sounding like a teenager wasn´t expected 0_0
    -Sticked to PMD´s plot [The city was the same, and Skarmory is the first boss in MD. Plus the items (Mainly the Corsola Twig, but the Oran Berry was too exagerated)]
    -No Team Rocket flying, or overrated rat
    Bad:
    -Called Ekans "Arbok"
    -Team Meanies, come on, they should be Team Blue or Team GEM at least
    -Level Up attacks. They LV up and their attacks transformed, WTF?
    -Too short on Team ACT (Team Red)
    -Pikachu and Pichu appeared as idiots. Why didn´t they shocked Skarmory?
    -Skarmory´s strange personality O_o

My current Diamond team.
    Information about me. Heh, as if you wished to know

I'm usually on the Fan-Comic forum, correcting the grammar of people is my job there.

Maybe they could have laughs with the name.

Squirtle: It's Team Beanies again.
    Gengar: No, no NO! It's Team Meanies. MEANIES! We're mean and proud of it. Get it?
    Medicham: Uh...what he said.
    Ekans: This from someone who can never get my name right.
    Gengar: Shut up and evolve already.

LOL,funny...

If theyre "Team meanies",why are they pink/purple/="Natures Girl colors..."
    Makes me wanna hide in my closet out of fear...

????????

Dark Purple Snakes and Demonic Ghost are "girly?"

Their is no "girl" colors.

Still if I saw medicham or ekans,I wouldn't wet my pants...

Because seeing a giant snake isn't scary.

Only when it's on the plane.

oh my god haha we're trying a bit too hard to jusitify a mistake here...it was a mistake, ok we got it don't try to come up with these stupid things to make it sound right "Arbo" in Japan...ok last time I looked this is America and if it was a gag it makes no damn sense what so ever. It was a mistake, take the focus off the 0.1 second and enjoy the special.

Amber = Ember.

PWNED! Don't knock a perfectly good, reasonable explanation. AMERICAN *****!

...why does someone always have to pop in and take it seriously? :/

Also Al, if they were ever going to mess up Team Meanies name, they would 'accidentally' refer to them as 'Team Weenies' instead. Because it's just THAT easy :P

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast