Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note club

Default Death Note club

I didn't see any thread like this so I took the initiative and made my own.

Anyways, this club(if you haven't noticed...) is where Death Note fans/lovers/L-fanatics/nerds/Lemurs can talk about the show, it's characters, and it's elements. That's about it, really. XP

Rules:

To join Just post saying you want in. Anyone can join. There aren't any "special" requirements. I just ask that the person who wants to be a member has at least read the first volume of the manga and/or watched the first episode and/or will be starting the series soon.

If you don't like Death Note, please don't post a bunch of crap to flame the show. I'll see to your doom. *whips out Death Note and waves it in offender's face*

No flaming members(or if you are a member, other members). This is
    supposed to be a place where we can discuss the show and have a great time. Flaming other people will ruin the fun.(and break my heart. ;-;

The last episode of the English has aired! As far as spoilers go, it's safe to talk about anything in the anime without putting them in tags. So yeah, have fun.

All other SPPF rules apply.

That's about it for now. I'll make up more rules as we go.(wherever I see fit.) These are basically the guidelines.

Owner: Pikawho?(obviously I have pride issues for refering to myself in the 3rd person. 8D)

Co-owner(s): Mimori Kiryu; VampirateMace

Member List:
    Alchemeng
    Buraddo_Aipom
    Ikito
    Stephy
    Zabi
    Mew-the original
    Soppa
    Kamek445
    Xorn
    Riversong
    honey_clover112
    //mix\\
    Darkness sage
    [Aceaussie]
    Cpt. Ampharos
    Pollutionoflife
    Fredfredburger
    Mello
    Alumina
    Redblood012
    Dr.Stiles
    Khamul
    Keeblayd
    Phoenix Fire
    Demented Kirlia
    Spongeaud
    Chibi Pika
    Dragonite14
    Gtab x3
    ShinyRay5

Banning rules: three warnings and you are banned for a week. If a second offense happens after this, it gets doubled. The third time this happens, you will be booted out of the club, never to return. >D

Banned peoples: None.(unfortunately....)

Banners:

Opening topic: What got you into Death Note?(or made you watch it/read the manga?)

^^Please answer that when you join.
    Last edited by Pikawho?; 25th October 2008 at 3:57 PM.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

may I join? Maybe co-own?

Made by me!

Current Wifi record: 4-2-0 June 16 2008 to present
    Your banner WAS OVER 9000 and the image made your signature OVER THE MAX! Please read the signature energy levels.

Yeah, you can join. I don't know about co-own. Let's see who else joins. Answer the current topic while your at it. XP

Opening topic: What got you into Death Note?(or made you watch it/read the manga?)

I had recently been watching many different anime.(when i finally learned that the eps were online) So I decided to watch it because I had heard alot of good stuff about it. XP

So yeah....Your reasons can be this bland. XP
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"

I was at a bleach forum and found a link to someones sig. It lead to a death note download website and I got hooked since then.

Made by me!

Your banner WAS OVER 9000 and the image made your signature OVER THE MAX! Please read the signature energy levels.

I will join! I love Death Note(even though I've only seen one episode). Anyways, for the topic:

What got you into Death Note?(or made you watch it/read the manga?)
    My friend that I really like(and she knows it) was talking about how awsome it was, so I watched an episode to see for myself. I LOVE IT!! L is probably my favorite character.

If you don't choose Alchemeng for Co-Owner than I would gladly accept. I don't care who you choose, but I still love this club.

^Same spheal goes for you, no co-owners until I see someone mature enough for it. XP It's not that I have anything against you guys, I just don't want to give out co-owner positions to the first to join. You are a member, though. XP

New Topic: Who are your favorite characters and why?

L, Near, Light, Misa, Matsuda, Ryuk. I love all the characters, but these were my favs. Near is probably my best favorite.

Near because he's freaking brilliant for a kid(even though he plays with toys and his hair) I'm interested to see how they voice him in the English dub.

BTW, feel free to make topics. XP

Pic by Giygas.

^I never said that you weren't mature. I'd rather wait and see how things unfold before I grant the co-owner spot to anyone. So yeah...XP

L is awesome. I like how he comes up with conclusions using logic.

Pic by Giygas.

He really is. I wish my hair was like his. I hate my hair a whole lot.

^Do you know anyone who could make a banner for this club? I think that cool banners would help advertise this club more...

Pic by Giygas.

I'm sorry, but I do not know anyone. Azure Wolf made mine. I've tried to make baners for my clubs, but tey always turn out feakishly huge. >_<

I agree with buraddo L is my favorite. He's a very unique character. I love the way he holds the phone plus we're eating most of the time.

Hey pikawho I can not become the co-owner because I know for a fact I'm not on much I just said it to bump the club.

Made by me!

Bumping is good, as long as it's not spam. 8D

I have friends in high places who can make banners so don't exhaust yourselves attacking people for them. XP

New Topic: Did you see the series via anime or Manga or both? If both, which do you prefer?

I watched the entire series via anime. It's much easier to access than the manga. The manga is still good, though.

Pic by Giygas.

Can I join? I think a member named Stephy will join soon [L fangirl]

well yeah, my favourite character is L btw.. so yeah. Can Ikito Join?

OMG L IS SO HAWT!!1 screams like a mad fangirl I MUST JOIN TO GET CLOSER TO L!!!!!11111

SHOTSHOTSHOTSHOT.

POKES

HELLOOOOO.

My name is Stephy, Steffi, Salt, STFUFI, or whatever name you can come up with with your wacky brain of yours.

I'm an L FANGIRL beware of fangirlism D: and love L.

ALLOOOTTTTT.

: D

Who are your favorite characters and why?

MISAAAAAAAA. And L, obviously.

Misa because I know she has this secret plan of hers to lure everybody into thinking she's dumb then she can take over the world. MUWHAHAHAHAHA. But I really like her cause she's so pretty <3 And ... so innocent, so cute.

L because he's just that sexy. : D SPEAKING ABOUT HIM, I SHALL SHARE A LINK THAT RAGGEH SHARED WITH ME.

Click me : O

<3

Did you see the series via anime or Manga or both? If both, which do you prefer?

Well, a few friends introduced me to Death Note anime, and ... I fell in love with it. :x It's so cool how you can instantly kill people with just writing a name in that weird black book, and it's fun to watch the two Light&L compete with each other with their smart brains. : D Then i went to buy the movies, Death Note and Death Note II (The Last Name). I haven't read the Manga, but I'm planning to buy it. :]
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

Did you see the series via anime or Manga or both? If both, which do you prefer?
    Only the anime^_^

@Stephy+Ikito: I'm guessing Ikito is pshycic? or two accounts maybe? either way I'm sure you guys will be in! :]

Quote Originally Posted by Buraddo_Aipom View Post
    Only the anime^_^

@Stephy+Ikito: I'm guessing Ikito is pshycic? or two accounts maybe? either way I'm sure you guys will be in! :]
    Stephy and I are twins and we have msn and she was too shy to join on her own. *shot* JK

and If I can answer the topic

Anime.

Yes, you both can join. Welcome. XP

Anyone have any ideas for another topic? I'll think of some....

Pic by Giygas.

Omgosh, a Death Note club! Sign me up! ^__________^

What got you into Death Note? (or made you watch it/read the manga?)

You know, now that I think about it I don't really remember. I think I was browsing a Books A Million manga section near where I live. I was looking for a new series and I saw the first one. Light (even though I didn't know his name then.) was attractive to me (yeah. XD don't ask) and then I saw Ryuk and I knew he was a Shinigami (just from the design). I read the back cover and bought it. The rest is history.

L, Light, Matsuda and Mello.

...yeah.

As I said in the first question, the manga was the one I saw first. I own all of it (including #13) and I watched the last episode of the anime. I'm currently watching the English version of the anime and its pretty good. 8D I love both the anime and manga - I can't choose Dx

I think I have a topic...

Did you think that Light had the right intentions to cleanse the world?

I honestly think so. I just think he took it too far. D:
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

=O Death Note Club! *wants to join*

What got you into Death Note? (or made you watch it/read the manga?)

Hearing it was going to air on Adult Swim made me curious as to what it was. I bought the first manga and have been addicted ever since. =D

Matsuda, as he is funny. L, as he is L, no one cannot dislike him!

I like both. Its hard to dislike either of them. I guess the manga I prefer as I read it first. The anime is a very close second though.

Yes, if anyone had that power, I think everyone would try to do it.

I have a topic:

Do any of you have the Death Note Novel: Death Note: Another Note the BB Murder Cases?

I do, and I loved it. The ending was really good!
    Last edited by Zabi; 9th March 2008 at 3:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabi View Post
    I have a topic:

Do any of you have the Death Note Novel: Death Note: Another Note the BB Murder Cases?

I do, and I loved it. The ending was really good!
    I can't find it anywhere. D: I really, really wanna read it! ;_____________;

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu View Post
    I can't find it anywhere. D: I really, really wanna read it! ;_____________;
    I got lucky, one copy left at my Barns and Noble. I was so happy. It will show up. The lady at the Borders I go to said most people don't put stuff out for a bit. So maybe your stores have it, but not on shelves? When you find it though, you will love it. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zabi View Post
    I got lucky, one copy left at my Barns and Noble. I was so happy. It will show up. The lady at the Borders I go to said most people don't put stuff out for a bit. So maybe your stores have it, but not on shelves? When you find it though, you will love it. ^^
    I hope so. I spotted Death Note 13: How To Read and it wasn't anywhere near it, like I thought it would be. The people working at Books-A-Million say the same thing to me all the time too. D:

...I can't wait. I need something more with L in it. ;___;

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu View Post

As I said in the first question, the manga was the one I saw first. I own all of it (including #13) and I watched the last episode of the anime. I'm currently watching the English version of the anime and its pretty good. 8D I love both the anime and manga - I can't choose Dx

Welcome!

Is the 13th volume out in English or do you have the Japanese?

Yes. I really like that he didn't use the Death Note to benefit him.(although he kinda did...but you know what I mean...I think....) But yeah, he got out of hand in the end and became the thing he was trying to destroy.

Do any of you have the Death Note Novel: Death Note: Another Note the BB Murder Cases

Never heard of it. Link please? 8D

Pic by Giygas.

I don't have a link for the novel but here's a summary from Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Novel

A novel adaption of the series has been written by Nisio Isin, called Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases. It serves as a prequel to the manga series, with Mello narrating the story of L's first encounter with Naomi Misora during the Los Angeles "BB Serial Murder Case" mentioned in volume 2 of the manga. Beside Naomi's character, the novel focuses on how L works. Insight was given into Watari's orphanage (named "Wammy's House") and how the whole system of geniuses such as L, Mello, and Near were put to work. Viz released the novel in English on February 19, 2008, however many retailers began selling the books as early as February 7, 2008.
    I really wanna read it.

And the 13th volume is out in English. It came out the same time as the novel. ;D I also agree with your answer to my topic. He did become the thing he wanted to destroy - which is ironic. I have another topic, if anyone's interested. It's a spoiler topic though.

Spoiler:- Topic Time!:

Spoiler:- Answer to spoiled topic:

I'll see if the library has the manga and/or the novel then. Otherwise, I'll see if I can go to borders at some point. 8D

Pic by Giygas.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast