Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The truth by comparison

Default The truth by comparison

(Yes, I know there is another thread about this, but I just had to do this.)

I've seen so many people saying Pokemon Green sucks. Pokemon Green has crappy sprites. Oh man, Green? Red and Blue are better. And I got fed up with it. I had to prove it for all of you that either don't know or won't believe.

I have taken Japanese Green, Japanese Red, Japanese Blue, English Red, and English Blue, and played them all in the exact same way, and posted comparison pictures of all of those exact scenarios.

Analyze it. Spread the word. Learn the Truth. And Comment.

http://mk.sepwich.com/Pokemon/comparison/
    http://accessirc.no-ip.org/mk/pkmn/comparison/

Edit 20080511: Updated URL
    Last edited by DanPMK; 11th May 2008 at 3:39 PM.
    I'm in AIM/ICQ/YIM/MSN for chat a lot / Diamond Friend Code: 0387-5298-9871 / Pokémon I need: Celebi
    If you think Green version sucked and had crappy sprites, click here.
    Third form of Shellos found? Click here for more information.
    I thought Piplup (then called Pochama) had a gender difference. If anyone can remember this, PM me!

I don't see a difference...
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I don't see a difference...
    The point is that Green and Japanese Red have the same sprites and to tell everyone to stop bashing Green because of it's sprites.

Another interesting note is the difficulty. Japanese Red/Green were a tad easier than Japanese Blue and English Red/Blue. Just look at the first battle. I chose Tackle every time, they had almost the same stats, yet the enemy simply did more damage, with no critical hits.
    I'm in AIM/ICQ/YIM/MSN for chat a lot / Diamond Friend Code: 0387-5298-9871 / Pokémon I need: Celebi
    I thought Piplup (then called Pochama) had a gender difference. If anyone can remember this, PM me!

I agree don't bash it because of sprites... I would be in heven if I could get a green on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by shiny charizard master View Post
    I agree don't bash it because of sprites... I would be in heven if I could get a green on my hands.
    Ta da!

Also theres a few overworld differences, like water and grass.

Yeah you PMed me that but I doubt I will be able to get to ship it... I'm trying to save up my money and get it. I want to try that glitch MT preformed that messed up her mew, That was cool!

I already know that red and green have the same graphics. I think that's common knolege. When people talk about Pokemon Red, they usually mean the english one.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I already know that red and green have the same graphics. I think that's common knolege. When people talk about Pokemon Red, they usually mean the english one.
    You'll be surprised at how uncommon that knowlegde really is. I always ways Japanese Red when I'm talking about Akai.

Like this.

http://www.sivph.com/games/green.shtml

This page is a massive, terrible, lie. It's almost 100% untrue. We should all complain.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPMK View Post
    Like this.

http://www.sivph.com/games/green.shtml

This page is a massive, terrible, lie. It's almost 100% untrue. We should all complain.
    I read that page a few months ago, it was so horrible I coulda almost cried =/

Yeah

Another interesting thing to note is that English Red's opening scene uses Japanese Red/Green's Nidorino sprite. o_O English's is also off-center, at first I thought I caught it at the wrong time, but the entire time he's closer to the left than in the Japanese versions.

Who ever thinks green suck is a plain retard. Green is so unique and special tht it practically is in its own class!

Quote Originally Posted by shiny charizard master View Post
    Who ever thinks green suck is a plain retard. Green is so unique and special tht it practically is in its own class!
    So, people can't have different opinions without getting insulted? I see...

Anyways, this thread is good. Glad all this confusion is cleared up now, shame it had to require pictures to do it (they are good pictures, but i'm just saying the fact that pictures were needed was abit shameful).
    Last edited by Trooper Guy; 14th September 2006 at 9:28 PM.
    What goes around comes around...

Indeed...but if I can just get the truth to one mind, it was worth it.

Meh, I knew about this waay before you made this thread. -___- Somebody else had posted saying that the only reason Blue was so special was because it came after Red/Green and like, you had to special order it or something like that. Then for the English they just decided to use Blue sprites cause they're better.

I've never really actually come across someone who'd say something like "Green sucks." However with people bashing the sprites; yeah I've seen a lot; though who could blame them?

Thanks Mimori Kiryu! x3

Quote Originally Posted by ~Meitantei Starlight*~ View Post
    Meh, I knew about this waay before you made this thread. -___- Somebody else had posted saying that the only reason Blue was so special was because it came after Red/Green and like, you had to special order it or something like that. Then for the English they just decided to use Blue sprites cause they're better.

I've never really actually come across someone who'd say something like "Green sucks." However with people bashing the sprites; yeah I've seen a lot; though who could blame them?
    Many people know, but even more don't, sadly... Blue was a special release, I think it was only given to people with subscriptions to CoroCoro, but I'm not sure. And yeah, people can bash the sprites with good reason, they just need to know it's not only Green. It's also Red, and it's where Pokemon came from. I'm just tired of all the lies...

The only difference I see is charmander in green looking like Agumon from digimon.
    [IMG]http://i5.*******.com/4i5h9ih.png[/IMG]
    This is my Draragon! PM me to hug him!
    Hugs: 3

I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Agumon isn't green.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPMK View Post
    Agumon isn't green.
    He means that Charmander in the Green Version looks like Agumon.
    [P] [E] [@] [R] [L]
    Score: 10868 || Pokedex: 249/338/493 || Fossils dug: 53 || Time: 159:45
    Tower Team: Infernape, Hippowdon, Cacturne
    Currently trying to evolve: Buneary, Snorunt, various Eevees
    [Bastiodon is STILL MY BISHIE.]

Gee I see both points of view on this but I have to go with the 'I like Pokemon Green so much!" side of the debate. I really like the way the sprites are done and I like a change once in a while.

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Pearl FC: 5198 8478 9178
    Platinum FC: Ż\(°_o)/Ż

@ Jimmy:
    Oh, my bad, heh. And yeah, many of the Pokemon look rather different than they do now.

@Dharok
    Cool; just remember, Jap Red = Jap Green, only had different Pokemon.

nice i wish they made a US green ;.;
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

They did o_O twice:

1) English Blue. It has the same Pokemon. Differences:
    * New sprites, as Japanese Blue does
    * New maps, such as Cerulean Cave
    * The game is harder. Japanese Red/Green didn't have a STAB or something, and those 2 games simply are easier than Japanese Blue and English Red/Blue

2) LeafGreen, the remake, has more things in common:
    * The FireRed/LeafGreen sprites, if anyone noticed, are simply upgraded versions of the Red/Green sprites, not the Red/Blue ones. They're in the same positions
    * The same maps were used from the original games, which is why English players noticed Cerulean cave looks different; it's the original layout
    The difficulty is the same mostly, though.

What difference does it make the games play through the SAME way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast