Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Save Our New Voice Actors (Serebii branch)

Default Save Our New Voice Actors (Serebii branch)

As you all know. The 9th season has come and gone, and the actors have settled into thier characters quite well. (better in a few cases.) But many fans have been very close-minded towards the change. So much so that they are pushing to see the show returned to 4Kids, or taken off the air.

This is a place where those that like, and support the new actors and dub are welcome.

-Mission statement-

1: To show support for the new voice actors.
    2: To show support for the new dub.
    3: To share, praise, suggestions, ideas and constructive criticisms with Pokémon USA inc/TAJ productions. (Write to feedback@pokemon.com)
    4: To end what we can of the storm of misinformation.
    5: To continue to enjoy the Pokémon anime!

Send any letters of support to these addresses.

Pokémon USA, Inc.
    ATTEN: Animation Director
    400 Madison Avenue
    21st Floor
    New York, NY 10017
    United States

Pokémon USA
    ATTEN: Animation Director
    1177 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10036

Phone numbers:
    646-497-0400
    (212)765-6000

Fax:
    (212)938-0387

Rules:
    Of course, all forum rules apply.
    If you are not a supporter of the new actors or dub, do not post.
    Always be civil, and respectful during discussions.
    No Spaming.
    And no outright flaming of SOVA, or SONVA.

Links:
    BMG branch (Official headquarters)

SONVA website

Lugia's island branch

Multipy Branch.

LJ community

PIForums branch.

Member list:
    Kojiro. (SONVA founder)
    Kuroshi. (Branch founder)
    RandomCharizard.
    Mimori Kiryu.
    PokeMaster Justin.
    The Power Of Pika.
    Daniel Jake.
    t4-m4-g0n.
    UltaFlame.
    Hikozaru.
    wants_latios_lots.
    Digital Flareon.
    MonopolyMoneyBag.
    quilava plush.
    SetsunaMudo.
    CyndaquilRules.
    Pokemon Master 1995.
    Mr. Truth
    flaremaster
    beast2025
    EmeraldLeafBlade
    Last edited by Kuroshi; 12th February 2008 at 7:15 AM.

(Wasn't complete without one of these. XD)

By Mimiori Kiryu. (Credit member if you use these.)

Last edited by Kuroshi; 5th January 2007 at 12:31 PM.

If anything the dub is surely "saved" because of Pokemon USA.
    Count me in!
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Awesome Kuroshi, I love the banner.

It's kinda true, SOVA is causing most of the "wars" now. Apparently, they "are the voice of the Fandom"....

Added members.

Yeah, that is why I made the banner, I find it most amusing how any small group of fans can declare themselves. "The fandom" And claim that their goal is the only thing the 'fandom' wants.

Ah, I recived a very interesting PM from a member of SOVA today...

Quote Originally Posted by SOVA Member
    Please forgive me for what I'll say in a few seconds, I'm ****** off.

Upon entering the Clubs section I was appauled by seeing "SONVA".Are you trying to start a flame war!?!This is gonna fire people up.The new VA's SUCK and you should understand.You poor misguided soul.Ash sounds like a 5 year old nerd.May a 35 year old.Brock Simba from Lion King.(sounds like ****)And Max sounds like Velma from Scooby Doo...RUTT ROO!This is a STUPID idea and the new VA's should get fired immediatly for sucking.PUSA changed the voices because there tight wady *******s.And the banner with may and "The Dub is saved!" ****** me off the most.It should say "The Dub is ****!".In Japan they treat the VA's like kings, here after 8 years of perfect service we kick them in the ***.If those VA's left the Pokemon producers would be mobbed in Japan.This is terrible yet you celebrate?Damn, your just misguided.

I understand but I thoughly agree that the new VA's should be fired.I don't flame but this makes me madder then I've been since the VA's switched.Not as mad though but PRETTY mad.
    And since we are on the subject of PM's this is the PM that was sent to every member of the SOVA forums when SONVA was founded.

If any of you join SONVA you will be pernamently banned for being a traitor

Please dont because we like totally dont want to deal with them and they caused enough trouble
    These tactics seem to go pretty overbored... SONVA has done nothing but exist. And yet all this heat and flaming comes down on us.

Why is it that SOVA is so against hearing what any other members of the fandom have to say?

I may be more for the old VAs in the case of the Pokemon series but there's nothing wrong with voicing an opinion.

Sadly, people like the one you quoted are just looking for a good excuse to swear and rant. =P

I guess I'll support the new voice actors. Most of them are good...I'll be adding banners if you'd like. ^^;
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

BEST! BANNER! EVER!

Seriously...anyway, I was banned from the SOVA forums JUST for having SONVA in my name, simply because I wanted to sort out stuff with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    you forgot to mention that May no longer sounds like Ash's mom XD.

anyway, finaly this is what i've been trying to say this whole time! i have all along been saying this, fact is the old voices suck!!! the funy thing is at the SOVA thing they acknowledge that 4kids is behind one piece, and that they screwed it up, even the fact that pokemon suffered a bit of the stuff that one piece had. yet they say the voices in pokemon were good! wtf? if they knew even the basic info about the one piece dub it's that the voices are extremely awful! and those same voice actors in one piece of crap are also the voice actors in pokemon (yes this is correct fact is the narrator in one piece, the one who always says "on the last piece of one piece" is Eric Stewert, and Nico Nico Robin is voiced by Veronica Taylor) fact is what makes these voices any better just cause it's pokemon and not One Piece of crap? the answer is... NOTHING they still suck! new ones forever, down with the old ones
    Last edited by uncutpokemon; 18th September 2006 at 8:06 PM.

That's exactly the opposite of the point of SONVA.

We should respect the old ones, but respect our new ones.

Can someone just ban him already?

Members added.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    That's exactly the opposite of the point of SONVA.

Quoted for absolute truth.

Seriously...anyway, I was banned from the SOVA forums JUST for having SONVA in my name, simply because I wanted to sort out stuff with them.
    Wow, that awfully close-minded of them. Then again, they do seem to be pretty tight knit. I just hope they realize SONVA is not an anti-SOVA, or Old VA group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu
    I guess I'll support the new voice actors. Most of them are good...I'll be adding banners if you'd like. ^^;
    The more the merrier, and we'd love to have you make banners. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.A.T
    I may be more for the old VAs in the case of the Pokemon series but there's nothing wrong with voicing an opinion.

Sadly, people like the one you quoted are just looking for a good excuse to swear and rant. =P
    Good to see that most who are more for the old VA's can be respectful to those voicing another opinion.

I'd like to join. I'm not sure if I'll regret it though. I don't want to be attacked.=P

I'll probably put a banner up when I get time.

Hey could I put this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    in my sig Kojiro. I think that's a very good quote to have.^-^

Put together by me.

Welcome to SONVA, The PowerOf Pika. Can't wait to see any banners you make. And don't worry, you won't be attacked here. Lol.

I made one similar to yours, Kuroshi. ^^;

Link: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3...fandom1ay0.png

If you use it, anyone, please give credit. And if you want me to make a banner with a specific picture and words, tell me! XD

The dub is "saved" thanks to PUSA XD it's 4Kids lite Habunake, what exactly is "saved"? Background writing, more power to you then.

Can I join Kuroshi? So far I like what PUSA has delivered. I'm more about supporting the new Vas than saving but whatever..... And Kuroshi can I use the May banner? (the dub is saved thanks to PUSA) I really like it! Also can you or someone else make more avatars such as Brock I think his voice is just as good as Eric Stuart's, and he's one of my favorites!
    Last edited by Daniel Jake; 16th September 2006 at 5:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jake View Post
    Can I join Kuroshi? So far I like what PUSA has delivered. I'm more about supporting the new Vas than saving but whatever..... And Kuroshi can I use the May banner? (the dub is saved thanks to PUSA) I really like it! Also can you or someone else make more avatars such as Brock I think his voice is just as good as Eric Stuart's, and he's one of my favorites!
    Sure, we're happy to have you, Daniel Jake. (And yes, the 'S' in SONVA stands for support or save, depending on if SOVA succeeds.)
    And all members are welcome to use any of my banners, non-members too.
    I'll be glad to give a stab at making a Brock banner/Avatar. I agree that his new voice is quite amazing. Come to think of it, we should have theme banners for each of the main characters. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mimiori Kiryu
    I made one similar to yours, Kuroshi. ^^;

Link: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3...fandom1ay0.png

If you use it, anyone, please give credit. And if you want me to make a banner with a specific picture and words, tell me! XD
    Really sweet banner, I'm gonna use it. (and credit you, of course.)

Well I made a banner. I don't make many banners often so I tried to keep it simple. What do you think?

Direct link:http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6743/sonvaqk2.png

Anyone can use it if they want, as long as I'm credited for it.^-^

Put together by me.

Hey, wow. That is a spectacular banner, The Power Of Pika. That would be a killer motto for SONVA.

I'll make a banner with that slogan, if that will be our slogan. ^^; It sounds good to me!

Unhappy

Hey everyone um I got a comment on my LJ that I thought I should share with you guys.
    You should be ashamed of yourself Daniel Jake. You joined SONVA after you were an active member of SOVA. I thought you were in our cause till the end. You've lost my respect becuase I see what kind of people of SONVA are. Your a big traitor and I hope your happy with yourself, oh and I saw you were banned from the SOVA forums, serves you right. Why did you even defend us so much!? Man I hate what you did. Nobody else who's joined SOVA has betrayed us and joined SONVA, but you are the first and your going to be remembered for this. Your just like Kazie Rogers and Jimmie Zoppi, BIG TRATORS!!!
    That kinda hurt, needless to say I deleted the comment, but still, I wish I knew who wrote it.

That's awful.
    I still don't understand what people have against the new VA's. I mean if it took the Dragon Ball Z cast a season to get good then obviously this lot would need that long aswell. Well that's what I believe anyway.

Betrayal?
    Isn't that a little harsh and insensitive. I want to join the SOVA area aswell to show support on both sides but of course it looks more and more like I won't be allowed in on their turf. That's probably why I haven't tried yet. I don't understand why they're banning people who want to support both sides. It doesn't make sense.

Come to think of it I'm going to have to put my banner into my sig when I get time.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 18th September 2006 at 3:43 AM.

Put together by me.

Thanks the Power of Pika! I thought for a while what I'm doing is wrong but its not. I want to support both because I love the original Vas and I'm enjoying the new Vas as well. Its funny I gave them helpful information and now some of them are being rude to me. Also if anyone looks at the list of supporters for SOVA here on Serebii you'll see my name has been taken off, kinda made me mad.

Oh and its true I'm banned from their SOVA forums when I tried logging on it said I was banned for being a traitor, and that the ban will be lifted 'Never'. I'm kinda dissapointed with all this but I won't let it get me down

The thing I don't get about SOVA is how they are so against the idea that someone can support both sets of actors. And labeling members of SOVA that also support the new cast as 'traitors' Is not exactly going to gain them many new members, or favor with the community.

Anyways, don't let it get you down, Daniel Jake. We are glad to have you here.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast