Thread: YGO COTD - 9/14/2006: Banisher of the Radiance

Default YGO COTD - 9/14/2006: Banisher of the Radiance

Banisher of the Radiance
    Attrib: Light
    Type: Fairy/Effect
    Level:3
    Atk: 1600
    Def: 0
    While this card is face-up on the field, any card sent to the Graveyard is removed from play instead.

================================================== ==================================================

Today's COTD is a card that isnt quite so OBVIOUSLY good. It's right at home in a Cosmos / Dimensional Fissure deck, maybe has a good time removing things in a Fairy build (counter traps ftw!). If you play competitively, when you run into this little bugger, chances are its either teched or sided. Its effect is prime for trucking tutors and taking them out of the game so they cant use their abilities. You have to watch how you play it though, there are return variants abound and its removal effect could end up AIDING your opponent in a few short turns. Still, with that stigma attached, Banisher is a decent card to consider running should you have a copy.

Advanced Format: 3/10.

I would much rather use Banisher Of The Light. It has less attack but has 2000 defense. In my opinion this card sucks compared to BOTL.

Just meh, imo. I don't like it much at all. It's a nice touch in Fairies, but not in real play. Just use 3 Macros, this isn't worth it, tbh.

1/10
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

I have to disagree. This card clearly isn't getting the credit that it deserves. I've seen this card in action by good players and I can say confidently that this card can be nasty and cause you problems when it's on the field. 1st of all, it is a 3 star monster with 1600 attack. Already I say that is pretty decent. Secondly, if you play it right, you can easily drop it on a sangan, treeborn, or those annoying searchers, or summon it in attack position and then smash your opponent's Phoenix and the chicken easily gets blasted to the DD realm. Moreover, it can hit a facedown merchant and disturb your merchant's ability in filling up the graveyard with monsters, or even give your opponent an even harder time to discard the 2 cards after playing Graceful, like Froggie. I personally think it is a good card overall, and I think it is at the peak of its potential this format due to the increased playability of searches and graveyard oriented cards. I side deck it.
    7.5/10
    If NUBS could fly, then sppf would be an airport. :-/

Special thanks to The Requiem for the banner.

Good, 6/10, but I like Macro Cosmo even more

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Meh. Outclassed by Macro Cosmos and Dimension Fissure in every way. I don't see this having quite the impact it did last format, but I can see people using it to stop Future Fusion and Recruiters.

2/5
    +-..::Current AIM randomness::..-+
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: It has wings, human arms, a lion mane and a scorpion tail
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: F*** tentacles
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: Im rollin with THAT S***
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: AND THE MOTHAF***AS NAKED
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: THAT MEANS HE DONT GIVE A F***

Considering Fairy Support cards, this guy is not bad. He is support after all. Have no M/T cards, use Heavy Storm when this guy is on the field, it is a permanent -1 against a permanent -(1-5, or 6 if field spells are included).