Thread: YGO COTD - 9/15/2006: Cyber Gymnast

Default YGO COTD - 9/15/2006: Cyber Gymnast

Cyber Gymnast
    Attrib: Earth
    Type: Warrior/Effect
    Level:4
    Atk: 800
    Def: 1800
    Once per turn, by discarding 1 card from your hand, destroy 1 face-up Attack Position monster on your opponent's side of the field.

================================================== ==================================================

Today's COTD is another monster released in the EOJ set, Cyber Gymnast. This card, I'd say is a bit underrated. Its searchable via Giant Rat, Reinforcement of the Army, and the "I search everything" monster Sangan. It could find a home in a new-age version of Warrior Toolbox, or as tech in ratbox, for its ability to get you out of a tight squeeze. Turns a dead card into a 1-for-1 trade, if you will.

Advanced Format 2.5/5

Meh, it's alright. I tryed it once but got rid of it. My rating maybe a 2/5. Just because I'm not that into Warrior cards. And I have my reasons.

I. EFFIN. LOVE. THIS CARD.

I used and it teched awesomely. I'm going to side it this format since I'm going Aggro, but when I switch over to Rat Control, this will be played in two because of it's awesomeness.

3.5/5
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

I remember recently before this card came out in the EOJ set, many people were overhyping it and saying that it may be perhaps be the new Tribe-Infecting Virus. This card is okay but there are many other monster removal cards that are just better like Exiled Force and Smashing Ground. To begin with I don't like discarding a card from my hand as a cost. Tribe-Infecting Virus is the only exception b/c it sweeps and it follows through with a solid 1600 attack unlike this monster which just have a weak 800 attack. Perhaps if it's attack and defense was reversed it'd be a better and more playable card. Moreover, this card's ability limits it to only face-up attack position monsters which makes this card's effect rather situational.
    2/5
    If NUBS could fly, then sppf would be an airport. :-/

Special thanks to The Requiem for the banner.

3/5 It's alright, I only find this useful against my brother's Pheonix Enforcers

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Meh. Its easily searchable, but you have better targets for your searchers than this.

2/5
    +-..::Current AIM randomness::..-+
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: It has wings, human arms, a lion mane and a scorpion tail
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: F*** tentacles
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: Im rollin with THAT S***
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: AND THE MOTHAF***AS NAKED
    SOADfanChOpSuEy: THAT MEANS HE DONT GIVE A F***