Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Is Where The Start Is! (468)

Eh, I don't think we're done with May and Max yet. They really didn't have a proper goodbye.

She won't be in the D/P saga though unless we switch off between Shinou and Johto.

It's still lame that they threw away the one character that they spent their own hard work on for the last 4 years building up into a heroine. Forget the audience, I wonder if the writers are somewhat miffed themselves. Maybe Nintendo mandated it.

Their goodbye was adequate. What would you expect? A bunch of crying and sobbing? She has to do what she has to do, and Ash understands that. The goodbye showed just how much May had matured over the seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Their goodbye was adequate. What would you expect? A bunch of crying and sobbing? She has to do what she has to do, and Ash understands that. The goodbye showed just how much May had matured over the seasons.
    Her goodbye was about 30 seconds long. The only emotion really came from Max.

Misty had Ash and Brock breaking into tears, not to mention a long flashback with music and the feeling that the original trio was gone forever.

To see May sent off in such a lackluster manner was pretty lame, especially considering she co-starred the show with Ash for 191 episodes. It's what makes me believe we'll be seeing her in Johto sooner rather than later.

What version of Mezase Pokemon Master played during the fight? I can't remember hearing it before.

I wanted to cry when I saw May leaving on that boat with her Blaziken in tow. I was hoping and praying for the day Blaziken appeared, and when it does? I only see it for two episodes! What a gyp! ;_;

Ugh thank godness for Shigeru's return.

I've always liked him more then Satoshi.

I hope this sparks a return for Shigeru as a Pokemon Trainer as opposed to a researcher.

Always nice to see Shigeru come out on top.

Did anyone else notice that Gary was wearing the same clothes your FR/LG rival does? Score one for game reference...

Anyhow, pics looked good...

Glow Moss - There is no other

Name: Lee
    Diamond Friend Code: 3265-1531-6180
    White Friend Code: 0518 6561 7314

-Aw, they both won(even though it was a tie). Ribon getto da ze!

-Damn, the new 'Dex is awesome~

-*giggles*Elecbull DOES look like Robotnik, doesn't it?

-SC! SC--Oh wait, that's just Shigeru(so what if I based my Austin chibi design after Gary somewhat?!).XD Still great to see him though.

-Ash can't have two sad chicks at Oak's, so Aipom tags along. Why didn't Bayleef think of that? Nevertheless, at least he won't be having the same problem he did at the start of Hoenn!

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Oh shock. Ash and May tied (nice moment with Sceptile slicing the ribbon, though.) Oh shock. The new pokemon beats the electric rat, which just singlehandedly beat a LEGENDARY! Oh shock. Aipom runs away to join Ash just for the hell of it (and to confirm that it's going to evolve).
    I claimed Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud in the Celebrity 3.0 thread, Keitaro and Motoko from Love Hina in the Couple 3.0 thread and Kaolla Su from Love Hina in the Bishie 2.0 thread!

Current ASB ranking: Lv3 Trainer, B Grade Ref
    Win: 7, Draw: 0, Loss: 6
    KOs: 30 TPs: 113 SP: 15.5

Many thanks to Jukain for this legendary trainer card!

So is gary going to shinou or what? Couldn't tell where he was going. Anyway, Gary won WAY too easily. Hes a researcher not a trainer. But meh, whatever. Anyway, Sceptile and crew is gone *sobs*. But at least you saw the pokemon wave goodbye unlike johto. I loved the look on aipoms face when Ash left, I felt sorry for it. Anyway, other then minor flaws, I can't wait for DP.

Good gargling crap, people, Ash taking Aipom to Shinou does NOT in any way signify an evolution! You know, the writers don't need a reason to make people catch Pokemon. Snorunt, Phanpy, Krabby, Muk, they all were random captures with no purpose. Sure, Snorunt, Phanpy, and Krabby all evolved, but they also actually HAD evolutions at the time. Aipom, on the other hand, currently has no evolution, and even if it DOES get one, it's very unlikely that the writers would have known about it when Ash first caught Aipom, and therefore can't possibly be the reason they gave it to Ash. My guess is they wrote down a bunch of random (yet reasonable IE not legendaries/starters/fossils) Pokemon names on slips of paper, put them in a hat, mixed them up, and pulled out Aipom's name. They could've just as easily pulled out Dunsparce, Murkrow, or Weezing.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Lol and MM thats why you aren't a Pokemon writer.

Anyway I wonder when Ash gets his new clothes then, considering we saw Delia making them.

Aipom...alright, Swellow, Corphish and Sceptile have all had their fair share of time, Donphan i'm slightly on the edge about because it didn't get that many battles as Phanpy and got only a few good ones as Donphan.

Poor Max and May, at least they got a decent run.

And Ash lost, wow they are really laying it on thick -_-;

I loved hearing Face Forward Rocket Dan and Mezaze Pokemon Master. Excelent. And the battle with Elekiberu was great too. Haruka's goodbye was severely cheapened, but whatever.

... Gary is soo smexy and... short in the FR/LG rival cothes. x__X He only went up to Prof. Oak and Delia's shoulders.

Max and May have been in like almost 200 episodes and poof, they're already gone without a proper goodbye. >\
    Images that aren't banners CANNOT exceed 200x200 pixels. The image you had here exceeded that limit. Since this is your second Signature Violation, your entire sig has been deleted. Please read the Signature Rules.

Just saw it and it was alright.
    Cyber is right the goodbye was lame. Misty also appeared in the chronicles but they gave her a proper goodbye. As cyber mentioned already ash and brock had tears in their eyes when misty left. They gave her a song remembering her time with Ash and how she'll miss him and stuff. They concentrated more on Max. He was very sad about leaving, my japanese is extremely limited but from what I can make out it seemed like Ash told Max to become a trainer and then they can battle someday. That got Max excited and when him and May are on the boat I think he tells her something about wanting to battle Ash sometime in the future. They also mention Brock while there on the boat.
    Pikachu was sad also, it looked cute like always.

The animation was nice. Elekible knew Protect and thats what it used when pikachu tried to attack it with Volt Tackle. Protect just knocked it back and a thunderpunch sent pikachu back down to the ground. They were pretty high up in the air. Elekible used its antenas on the back to jump like Ash would have bayleef use vine whip to jump.
    After the battle gary says he's going to shinou and I think tracy and oak want him to stay more longer but he refuses. He also says something to Ash after the battle about the battle frontier then he says something about shinou. Like I said I dont understand Japanese but it was probably something along the lines "go to shinou and become stronger".
    I really want someone to translate the stuff that was said in this episode. Like May's dialogue to Ash about leaving and Gary's conversation with Ash.

Overall it was good but like I said before the goodbye was just lame.

Damn... I never really thought Shig was hot... but now... Dayumn...

Elekible beating Pikachu makes perfect sense, he's electric resistant and a powerful physical contendor... Pikachu beating Regice alone was dumb anyway...

If Brock does return, as is indicated by the official site's picture (as reported on the main site), then that would explain the somewhat short goodbye between Ash and Brock in this episode.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I admit it's really sad that this was the final AG episode. The only thing I'm confused about is about "Gary". If that was really him who battled Ash, I'd say he hasn't changed a bit.

Nice episode. May and Max said "bye bye" to Ash and Brock.
    Ash had a battle against Gary and he lost again. Well, Gary is a hard opponent and a very good battler.
    Ash is starting new journey.

I liked it. Now I know what will happen

Ash! New adventure and love are waiting for you

I really think the writers do read fanmail and put in their ideas, just really really late. Just think about it. Remember when people were complaining about may being replacement for misty and gary is leaving as a rival? Now both were answered. Also Brock returning from HOenn was answered when he left the OIs and then was answered again now.

Oh well back to the topic it was pretty cool seeing Gary show his pwning skills that made him an awesome character. Also gotta enjoy Max leaving. Hopefully May will be seen in the future though or Max has pokemon next time. The only reason it seems rigth that Ash and Brock didn't cry is because she is following her dream as Misty seemed to be dragged along to be gym leader instead of by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    If Brock does return, as is indicated by the official site's picture (as reported on the main site), then that would explain the somewhat short goodbye between Ash and Brock in this episode.
    That still doesn't explain May's short goodbye.

(Unless we're going to get to see her in Johto sooner rather than later)

When they were doing the D/P ad at the end of the ep they were talking about the characters and it sounded like one of those Japanese guys said "Hoso"...although he could have been talking about something completely different, for all I know. We really need someone who knows Japanese to tell us what they were saying.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    That still doesn't explain May's short goodbye.
    Which is, ya know, why the contest should have ended in the previous episode. It would have given another two minutes for the goodbyes.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This episode was actually pretty good for a sad flashback episode but other then that Gary was really short!!!!! Like REALLY REALLY REALLY SHORT! Hahahaha! But Anyway! Is Gary becoming a trainer again? I hope so, another trainer showdown in the pokemon league! Mwuahahaha! I love it!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast