Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Home Is Where The Start Is! (468)

hahahaha electivire is amusing and powerful.

this is the last episode where sceptile will apear for now

WHERE IS HO OH?!?!?!
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Gary vs Ash just showed that Ash's win in Johto league was only luck.

Gary's Electrivire was really strong. maybe even more then Blastoise.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Wow, the end of Ash and May's match. Both Pokemon lost meaning it was a draw. It was sooo cute that May and Ash split the ribbon and kept a piece as a memento ;_;

I was sad to see Max cry and want to stay with Ash but he had to return home. I'll miss May and Max. Why did Brock and Ash split up? Brock was going to Sinnoh anyway, kinda pointless. Though Team Rocket fighting against a genius like Gary was priceless.

Funny how history repeats itself, right before Ash went to Johto, he lost to Gary and now it happens again. It's fate.

Anyway, next time, a new adventure! 10/10

I guess Brock had something to do in Pewter City like always, I wonder exactly what is it Brock does when he goes to Pewter City? Or does he have a secret life where he has a wife and kids?.

Anyways last episode of the season, it was sad when May and Ash split ways but it was kind of short, I am surprised they didn't have clips of May/Max with Ash. I can see why Max was upset too because I would be too after having so much fun on an adventure then having to go home while everyone else you know is off somewhere else.

Nice to see Electivire and Gary in this episode. Of course Gary would win in this episode I guess Electivire is stronger then Ash's Pokemon (Did he use Pikachu? It would make sense for Electivire to be stronger with it's ability Motor Drive). Kinda sad episode too because it's the last of AG, wish we had seen all of his Pokemon in this episode. Of course Aipom was going to follow him to Sinnoh
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Gary's return was a bit suprising, since I didn't think he would be the one who suggest Ash to go to Sinnoh, since he's not a trainer anymore. He does care about Ash but he doesn't show this in public.

Electivire wasn't so strong but Gary was smart enough to beat Pikachu, again. Ash should have used his brain, like he always did. This time he didn't.

That's strange how Joy said that the Pokemon contest rules for when there's a draw is that they both get the ribbon? In an ep not too long ago there was a draw and they had to battle until the Pokemon fainted.

Anyway, it was a nice end to the Advance saga. Pretty much the same thing as the last time Ash left town.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

To disagree with some comments, I don't think that being from another region factors into Electivire beating Pikachu, but more because it's a strong Pokemon (evolving from an Electabuzz), and because Ash lacks familiarity with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    That's strange how Joy said that the Pokemon contest rules for when there's a draw is that they both get the ribbon? In an ep not too long ago there was a draw and they had to battle until the Pokemon fainted.
    Since this wasn't a regular contest (Ash not needing a pass and all), perhaps such a rule doesn't apply?

Quote Originally Posted by csisps_26 View Post
    Agreement #2: Not emotional when May/Max left. Misty's departure was dramatic. & it was very... shippy. Almost cried that episode. This one? Maybe if Ash/Gary comma-ed. Which will never happen LOL.

*scuttles off*
    I agree and disagree. Max's part of the departure is a bit moving, but only because of his discussion with Ash. May's departure though didn't seem to do anything to render a sad feeling. Bittersweet at the most.

As for Misty's departure, the music and dialogue help to render her departure to be emotional. Plus while Brock continued with Ash to Hoenn and Sinnoh, Misty's departure means the end of the original trio. An end to an era.

The Battle Frontier season has certainly ended with a bang...... Gary's Electivire was something.... but still that loss urged Ash to travel to Sinnoh

It was cool for them to show us one more Sinnoh Pokemon (Electivire) before AG officially came to a close.

Electivire likes them apples!

I thought that for sure Misty would make an appearance. I just had a feeling.

It was awesome to see Gary again!

See ya around, Hoenn! Here we come, Sinnoh!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

This episode was ok... It was cool to find out that it was a tie between Ash and May. It was cool to see Gary again, and to see Electivire for the 1st time. It was interesting to see a battle between Electivire and Pikachu, not surprising that Pikachu lost. May/Max and Ash finally part ways, it was sad to see, but inevitable. It was interesting to see Aipom stowing away on the boat, not surprising that it ends up going with Ash.

30/100

I really like this episode. It was cool that it was a draw between May and Ash. Cool to see Ash vs Gary.9/10

I liked this episode mainly because its the last battle that both ash and gary have.
    Even though he returned later in sinnoh This is the last time we see him battle ash.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

hi everyone

It wasn't emotional when May/Max left except maybe when Max wanted to be a trainer like his sister. & Ash lost yet another battle with Gary when he came home from a region twice already.

I wonder why they spent so much time on Gary in this episode when he barely appears in DP anyway. So much for Gary's "Comeback" to the series...lol

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I wonder why they spent so much time on Gary in this episode when he barely appears in DP anyway. So much for Gary's "Comeback" to the series...lol
    They simply used him as a plot device to get Ash to travel to Sinnoh, simple as that.

Gary's Electivire was what inspired Ash to travel there, much like how Blaziken inspired Ash to travel to Hoenn.

Milhouse's retarded little brother(Max) had more development than Brock. They should have dropped him for DP and put Max up.

This was all just too sad seeing them leave. And Brock is really just a reck going back home to his irresponsible parents only to be sent back. Plus I think the reason why the emotion wasn't there because May wasn't close to Brock neither was May as they could have been. They were more towards Ash. Plus also the super contestshipping hints that messed up Adancedshipping cause the emotion in this episode to go south not north.

Eh, I'm just mad because I liked the Hoeen group. It got boring because it was like Brock wasn't there in DP so it really felt like it was two instead of a three group.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 12th March 2012 at 1:11 AM.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    and put Max up.
    Nooooo Casey. >:(

Good episode. Sad to see May leave. Screw Max. Bring back Brock. Ash is still Ash.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Nooooo Casey. >

Good episode. Sad to see May leave. Screw Max. Bring back Brock. Ash is still Ash.
    And look what that did. I rather have had Max come if Brock was going to go and give him a pokemon. Even if it was a small one.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    And look what that did. I rather have had Max come if Brock was going to go and give him a pokemon. Even if it was a small one.
    Brock should've stayed even longer than Ash. It could've been a type of meta running gag. :333

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Rewatching this episode you have to wonder why they gave such a huge chunk of it to Gary when:

a) He had almost no presence in AG whatsoever

b) He doesn't even appear for most of DP anyway, he only gets 3 episodes

What on earth was the point of hyping Gary up like this when he was just going to remain a minor character in the next arc?

As the AG series' farewell episode, the writers could have done a better job in my opinion but it was alright I guess...
    Gary returning WAS EPIC! He's the reason (and his Electivire) why this finale episode was worth watching!

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

This was a pretty Good episode. Ash and May's battle was nice, it's cool that they both got the ribbon.
    It's kinda Sad to see May leave, but there was lack of emotion in her departure. Only Max showed some emotion when they had part ways.

Gary's Electrive was stornger than Ash's Pikachu, so he had to lose the battle. It would be interesting if Ash battles Gary again someday(he should defeat Gary the next time).
    I liked how Aipom came along with Ash at the end.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    but there was lack of emotion in her departure. Only Max showed some emotion when they had part ways.
    Totally agree with you there! Compared to his farewell episode from Master Quest, this one didn't really have that emotional "goodbye, I'll miss you feeling" except for Max wanting to battle with Ash one day...
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

At first I thought it was strange how May and Ash were both declared the winner at the end of the contest. However, this contest wasn't official like most contests, so it didn't need to adhere to the rules of more official contests, I believe.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910