Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 249

Thread: Home Is Where The Start Is! (468)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    148

    Default

    so is gary going to shinou as well? is he such a failure as a researcher, that hes going back to being a trainer?

    i dont understand japanese, but when gary beat ash, they said something about the battle frontier...anybody know what they said?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    The first half of the episode absolutely failed.

    It's nice that they remembered Max is more than just background decoration in the last friggin' minute, but I was really disappointed to see what kind of a goodbye May got; or rather, how she made her goodbye. I can see why she, with her being very ambitious and all, looked determined rather than sad when she revealed that she wanted to travel alone.

    On the other hand though, she also mentioned that she had been pondering about it for a long time - why didn't we get to see any of those moments where she was supposedly torn between going to Johto and sticking with whatever Ash and Co. wanted to do next? We got sequences of her fighting her emotions about losing to Saori shoved down our throats, and while I'm not sure if another phase of emo-ism would have been the way to go, the lack of those made it seem like May could really care less whether she left her best friends for good or not. It made me very sad, to put it mildly.

    Anyhow, the end of the Contest was pretty sweet. I'd better not ramble about how the split medal should be mentioned or shown in some way again someday, because then I'd get an "YOU ARE ANNOYING" sign stamped on my forehead very quickly.

    *sighs*

    As I said earlier though, Max's goodbye was handled very well. It's doubtful that Max's very first trainer battle with Ash will be shown on-screen, but that doesn't really matter in my opinion. Just the way the promise was made really makes it obvious that it will be kept, but if the viewers will get to see it is up in the air. I'll be content either way - I know they will battle and that's that.

    Ash and Brock's "goodbye" was amusing.

    Ash: It's time.
    Brock: Yeah.
    Ash: Up to this point...
    Brock: Yeah.
    Ash: ...I haven't eaten anything.

    The news that Gary would be showing up had been kind of overshadowed by the fact that three people (now it seems to be only two though) would leave in my mind, but once he appeared in the episode, I was totally hyper. I much prefer his FR/LG look to whatever he was wearing before (those boots were horrifying), and his face, whether it was because of Masaaki Iwane's magical work or not, looked much more attractive.

    I didn't care much about the battle, but Ash losing was one of the most predictable things about this episode, so wahey. I guess it had to come that way, or Gary wouldn't have provoked Ash (I swear he did that intentionally :P) to come to Shin'ou as well. Elekible is one of the scariest things I've ever seen by the way. Only beaten by spiders I guess.

    I was so happy to see Delia and Tracey again - Delia especially. She didn't get much screentime the last time Ash returned home, only commenting on various stuff and whatnot, but this time her feelings about Ash leaving so soon after having just arrived at home really came through. Muchas gracias to Iwane for drawing her so nicely too - she looked really beautiful. For those wondering why Ash didn't get the clothes at the end of the episode (I'm not sure if it was already said, but anyway): Delia did say that she wouldn't be able to finish them until the next day.

    I've been starting to warm up to Aipom ever since she pwned Professor Oak at his laboratory, and this time, she looked really cute [/muststopusingtheword'really']. Predictable or not, I like the fact that we'll be seeing her in D/P as well.

    I'm awaiting the next series with mixed emotions, but the 'looking forward' part is still prevailing by far. And although I'll terribly miss May, I'll just be waiting for the next time she shows up - whether it's in a hoso-ish special, one or more episode(s) from the main series, or just a mere cameo.

    Thanks AG! =)

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West midlands, UK
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I liked this episode alot, It was really cool the way Elekible uses it's tail lol. The goodbyes were way to quick though, It would of been nice to see a little more emotion.
    w8279275091177072@wii.com

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    I was rather disappointed that the contest didn't follow the rule of the last tie. When May and Jessie tied, they went into a Battle Royal. Obviously plot didn't allow this to happen, but variations in rules for plot is the reason I don't subscribe to any faith in the writers.
    It didn't continue because it was just an unofficial contest anyway.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    When they were doing the D/P ad at the end of the ep they were talking about the characters and it sounded like one of those Japanese guys said "Hoso"...although he could have been talking about something completely different, for all I know. We really need someone who knows Japanese to tell us what they were saying.
    I didn't catch most of it (and I've already got it on DVD... with my drive's slowass loading time, like hell I'm gonna bother to pull it out), but I did notice they pulled up the promotional poster with Hikari and the legendaries. One of them was arguing that Hikari can't be the protagonist, Satoshi and Pikachu are (sounded just like the earlier fan speculation XD).

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    It didn't continue because it was just an unofficial contest anyway.
    Surely it would've been more fun for the spectators to see a winner, though? But then again, why am I arguing logic for an anime? Why am I arguing logic for a POKEMON anime XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    On the other hand though, she also mentioned that she had been pondering about it for a long time - why didn't we get to see any of those moments where she was supposedly torn between going to Johto and sticking with whatever Ash and Co. wanted to do next?
    Not to make any presumption about what the writers intended, as we all know that some of them don't really 'think' in the same terms we do, but it's fully possible that in her angst-fest, May could have been pondering if her chosen path with her chosen partners would lead to the success she wanted. Or she could've just been angsting because it was that time of the month. I don't know these things.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 18th September 2006 at 5:17 AM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, hugging my Dreamcast
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    I guess I'm a little late to comment on the episode, but meh.

    I *guess* I was a little disappointed that Haruka got a little cruddy good-bye, but the rest of the episode was really awesome. I loved Satoshi and Masato's farewell (I assume that Satoshi promised a battle with him when he becomes a Pokemon Trainer)

    Shigeru's entrance (and his battle) just screamed badass.




    You...Elekible, mamoru!

    Mezase Pokemon Master was the perfect background music for the battle, the whole battle gave me an nostalgic feeling, with it being Shigeru vs. Satoshi (perfect way to end AG, IMO), the BGM just helped the feeling (though Pikachu losing to Elekible after it had beaten a REGIROCK was a little ironic, but I guess Elekible's Electric Engine ability is a plausible reason). After this episode, it really made me glad that Satoshi will still be the main character in the D/P series. And heh, Aipom sneaked onto the boat. =P

    Sayonara AG, hello D/P!
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472

    Default

    ok there is something up with either the forum or my "wonderful" computer so i have to write here rather than comment after the quote where it makes sense (cannot use full stops or punctuation so i am very sorry now in advance!)

    I agree on hundered percent with everything you have said Booncy!! the ash misty and brock trio had a much stonger relationship as the two older ones were with ash the whole time from when he started as the overly enthusiastic overly stupid boy to the rather maturish young man that left alone for Hoenn STOP(means a full stop due to "wonderful" computer!!)

    I have only seen this epi from the piccies and i liked the look of it all but I am going to miss Sceptile Cawphish and Swellow as they have been with Ash for quite a while STOP The ending was beautiful and I recon Deliah either could not finish his clothes in time so is going to have them posted to him to recieve when he meets the new professor in Shinou with Hikari or they are in his backback that she packed for him to find when he gets there STOP seems a bit strange that she did not want to see him in the clothes she slaved over during the night if the latter is true but she is a strange mum really!! (the whole using the orange league trophy as a dumb bell thing STOP what is she going to use his battle fronteir thing for? a coaster?)

    I am sorry for the long post but I just thought of things to say STOP All in all i think it looked like a good ending to a great saga and the new beginnings can hopefully be better than that so far seen sSTOP well if the writers get their acts together!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Booncy View Post
    I personally thought the short goodbyes were fitting. Like I stated in another thread the AG group was just that in my opinion, a GROUP and not a set of friends like the original Kanto trio were! Ash, May, Max, and Brock spent more time focusing on Ash and May's goals RATHER than actually spending the time to bond with each other like the original Kanto trio did, thus their goodbyes were short, sweet, and rushed!

    The original Kanto trio on the other hand had a TON of adventures during the Kanto, Orange, and filler-galored Johto seasons (plus you have to take into account that they were the 3 main characters of the original series: Pocket Monsters) thus their goodbyes were long, emotional, and touching as they should've been !

    Besides that all and all I have to say that this was a very dull ending to ironically a very good series! Aw well I just have to reiterate that I'm glad that the finale to the original series got the better treatment ! I'm sure we'll see more of May and her contests in Johto during the *crosses fingers* upcoming hoso specials. Maybe by then her character IMO won't be so dull and she'll actually develop a personality of her own that's seperate from her goal of becoming a top Coordinator !

    Gary was awesome as usual as was his newly captured Elekible. Kudos to the writers for NOT having Ash's pokedex actually have data on Elekible like his old pokedex had data on Blaziken and Kecleon around the end of the Johto league ! Also I'm glad Aipom's going with Ash to Shinou. Hopefully it won't evolve and it'll always stay out of it's pokeball and on Ash's arm like Pikachu does ! Speaking of Aipom's pokeball I hope the little monkey brought it with him or else Ash will have no other choice BUT to keep him on his arm !

    All and all I repeat...DULL EPISODE/FINALE! It's only saving grace was Gary, Elekible, and Tracey for me.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    You could've always copied and pasted a period, you know. You're only making it harder for your post to be read. I can't think of any possible reason for those kinds of problems, other than a crappy keyboard to cause the period thing, and that's probably your own fault anyway for getting something between/under the keys.

    Anyway...

    Did anyone finally figure out what Ash and Brock's final conversation was about? Did they agree that Brock was going to catch up with Ash in Shinou, or what?

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Sushi posted above.

    Ash and Brock's "goodbye" was amusing.

    Ash: It's time.
    Brock: Yeah.
    Ash: Up to this point...
    Brock: Yeah.
    Ash: ...I haven't eaten anything.
    Ash didn't even decide to go to Shinou yet, so how could he ask Brock to catch up to him?

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Right...forgot about that.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Gary's becoming trainer again. 0.o thats going to be good if then, Ash may get a real rival then..
    [x=y][d=c] Myuuzard - of - http://aquapokemon.dpalace.net [/x][/d]

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Finally got around to watching this episode. And I'll admit it: when May left, I almost cried. Just something about the sunset and the music, and then the Max scene right afterward--which is odd since I can't stand Max.
    Also, the battle with Gary was awesome, particularly with the original Pokemon theme playing in the background, and the little touch of the Pokedex not recognizing Elekible. I have no idea what Gary said about the Battle Frontier, but with absolutely no understanding of Japanese, I'll stick to my assumption that it was something like "Satoshi. Just because you conquered the Battle Frontier doesn't mean that you don't still have many things to learn about Pokemon." Sounds good to me, anyway.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    waterloo ontairo canada
    Posts
    8

    Default

    true but it can't happen but what if apom evlove in to an new pokemon hmmmm i wonder may be it might it cool eh any hey brock imgiht get back to his gym and be an the best gym thing if i was the gym leader i have an grass an posin an water an elec and flying and fire pokemon yeah well that about it until next time seeya

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    waterloo ontairo canada
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    The first half of the episode absolutely failed.

    It's nice that they remembered Max is more than just background decoration in the last friggin' minute, but I was really disappointed to see what kind of a goodbye May got; or rather, how she made her goodbye. I can see why she, with her being very ambitious and all, looked determined rather than sad when she revealed that she wanted to travel alone.

    On the other hand though, she also mentioned that she had been pondering about it for a long time - why didn't we get to see any of those moments where she was supposedly torn between going to Johto and sticking with whatever Ash and Co. wanted to do next? We got sequences of her fighting her emotions about losing to Saori shoved down our throats, and while I'm not sure if another phase of emo-ism would have been the way to go, the lack of those made it seem like May could really care less whether she left her best friends for good or not. It made me very sad, to put it mildly.

    Anyhow, the end of the Contest was pretty sweet. I'd better not ramble about how the split medal should be mentioned or shown in some way again someday, because then I'd get an "YOU ARE ANNOYING" sign stamped on my forehead very quickly.

    *sighs*

    As I said earlier though, Max's goodbye was handled very well. It's doubtful that Max's very first trainer battle with Ash will be shown on-screen, but that doesn't really matter in my opinion. Just the way the promise was made really makes it obvious that it will be kept, but if the viewers will get to see it is up in the air. I'll be content either way - I know they will battle and that's that.

    Ash and Brock's "goodbye" was amusing.

    Ash: It's time.
    Brock: Yeah.
    Ash: Up to this point...
    Brock: Yeah.
    Ash: ...I haven't eaten anything.

    The news that Gary would be showing up had been kind of overshadowed by the fact that three people (now it seems to be only two though) would leave in my mind, but once he appeared in the episode, I was totally hyper. I much prefer his FR/LG look to whatever he was wearing before (those boots were horrifying), and his face, whether it was because of Masaaki Iwane's magical work or not, looked much more attractive.

    I didn't care much about the battle, but Ash losing was one of the most predictable things about this episode, so wahey. I guess it had to come that way, or Gary wouldn't have provoked Ash (I swear he did that intentionally :P) to come to Shin'ou as well. Elekible is one of the scariest things I've ever seen by the way. Only beaten by spiders I guess.

    I was so happy to see Delia and Tracey again - Delia especially. She didn't get much screentime the last time Ash returned home, only commenting on various stuff and whatnot, but this time her feelings about Ash leaving so soon after having just arrived at home really came through. Muchas gracias to Iwane for drawing her so nicely too - she looked really beautiful. For those wondering why Ash didn't get the clothes at the end of the episode (I'm not sure if it was already said, but anyway): Delia did say that she wouldn't be able to finish them until the next day.

    I've been starting to warm up to Aipom ever since she pwned Professor Oak at his laboratory, and this time, she looked really cute [/muststopusingtheword'really']. Predictable or not, I like the fact that we'll be seeing her in D/P as well.

    I'm awaiting the next series with mixed emotions, but the 'looking forward' part is still prevailing by far. And although I'll terribly miss May, I'll just be waiting for the next time she shows up - whether it's in a hoso-ish special, one or more episode(s) from the main series, or just a mere cameo.

    Thanks AG! =)
    ehehe your not right ash will get to beat gary oak i'm sure

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Yes, Garys appearance was by far the best part of the episode. Though I really wished Pikachu got a rematch with umbreon before it was defeated by elekible. Oh well, maybe it'll happen eventually.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,933

    Default

    Commantary, now with 100% more Sonic references.

    -(insert recap of last ep here)
    -ZOMG tie.
    -The crowd goes wild over this non-resolution to the battle!
    -But wait, there's only one ribbo...wait, May and Ash telepathically agreed on a way to deal with i...zoom! Leaf Blade, the ribbon's cut in two!
    -May and Ash do a mirror-image "I GOTS A RIBBON" chant/pose, then show the ribbon halves to their Pokemon(despite the fact that Sceppy already saw it >>)
    -As always, it's sunset when we see the group again. Everyone's stuffing their faces(Marshtomp and Foretress are ALIVE!), Brock says some crap nobody cares aobut as does Max, Ash responds, but...hold on a sec, May has something to say!
    -May's goin' ta JOHTO. BAI HERSELF.
    -*insert the tears of a million Cybercubed here*
    -And she was too big of a jerk to even tell MAX about it before now. Way to go, May.
    -Those are some miiightly triangular sandwiches on the table.
    -May says crap that boils down to "I want to do lots of contests and WIN and LREAN and MAKE OUT WITH DREW/SAORI/HARII/THOSE PEOPLE WHO KEEP STALKING MY CONTESTS/THE GUY WHO ONLY SAYS SUKI DESU NE~"
    -Max:"...:'-("
    -Brock and Ash after one second of thought:"Kay 8D"
    -Max defies the general "k we're going seperate ways whatever" dynamic to walk off by HIMSELF.
    -Brock's like "eh he'll get over it in five minutes" and Ash's like "k I'll go talk to him for that long" and the Pokemon are like "why are the humans acting weird?"
    -Max sits himself down on a convenientlly located swing(not the sissy kind you see nowadays, either. It's an OLD-SCHOOL swing, with none of that restraining crap that makes them unsuitable for anyone above age five).
    -Ash talks to him, and...gah, the swing was fairly close to the picnic table? WHAZZA POINT 'A DAT?
    -Ash de-depresses Max by giving him a reserved battle slot(ie. chance to kick Max's ***) for whenever Max becomes a trainer, and Max cheers up at that, since he's seven and seven year olds are all cocky *******s who don't realize that someone several years their senior in a profession who's already gotten many honors of sorts(such as BEATING THE BATTLE FRONTIER) is going to kick their *** at a competition involving that profession.
    -After all Max said about this, how much you want to bet he doesn't give too much of a crap about Ash after a year or two?
    -The writers make sure they don't have more than one emotional goodbye scene here by making May late for her boat. OF COURSE~
    -...wait a damn minute, an instrumental of Chiisaki Mono's playing here! One word:yes.
    -Aw, NOW Pikachu lets on that it's going to miss May(or maybe Max, you can never tell with that rat).
    -Max and May say crap to each other, it's the next morning, and now Brock and Ash go their seperate ways. No emotion here either, but then again they probably figure that Brock worms his way back into Ash's group with due time anyway so no point being sappy about the goodbyes.
    -Wait, Ash is hungry! ...geez, didn't they have breakfast? >> But Brock reminds Ash about something in Pallet(perhaps ASH'S MOMMA'S MEALS?), and Ash forgets his hunger for now.
    -I think we get another instrumental of a song we've heard before here but I can't tell what it is.
    -TR is stalking Ash already!
    -But they've lost him?!
    -They say stuff, and it ends out with them being optimistic again(with Maemuki Roketto-dan playing in the background, appropriatly enough).
    -But wai, ELECTRICITY'S COMING FROM BELOW. Has Ash taken to pre-emptive strikes? No, it's...it's......it's...
    -EGGMANROBOTNIKEGUMAN-SAMAROBUTTNIKDR.IVOROBOTNIK
    -A few things have happened to him, though. He's ditched his glasses revealing his red/black eyes, he's gone strangely yellow and black striped, he's got some weird things sticking out of his back and the top of his head, but other than that, it's HIM! And he's back to his original plesently rotund self.
    -Jessie wants to catch Robotnik for some reason(perhaps getting them to build them a better robot? Lord knows Scratch and Grounder could only be improvements on the typical devices. And perhaps Coconuts could become the anti-Aipom!)
    -Robotnik uses some electricity(where's the robot doing THAT?) to knock down an apple for his eating pleasure as TR watch from behind a nearby bush.
    -Here comes the net! And...ROBOTNIK IS NOT AMUSED.
    -Robotnik yells something unintelligable("I hate that hedgehog!", probably.)
    -Robotnik continues to yell("How DARE you interrupt me when I'm trying to look busy!") and yell while firing off lightning("I thought I got rid of you, you fish-fumbling fruitcake!"), which eventually attracts the attention of The Fastest Thing Ali...er, Ash. Who's really quite the opposite of being The Fastest Thing Alive, although he probably wouldn't say no to chili dogs.
    -But at the top of the cliff(there's ALWAYS A cliff), arrives someone who sounds rather baddass. Which can only mean one thing:KNUCKLES!
    -...okay, it was Gary. Eh, close enough.
    -Oh, and Ash is where TR is now too.
    -Elekible(see, they DON'T SAY IT AS BURU so DON'T SPELL IT THAT WAY! >O) is apparently Robotnik's newest psuedonym, and he manages to Iron Random-Protrudences his way out of the net at last.
    -TR finally realizes just who they're messing with here, but sadly it's too late as a checkered ball on a chain slams into them an...sorry, that's not it. Robotnik gives them an ELECTRICAL PUNCH that blasts them off in a second.
    -Ash tries to dex Robotnik, but no data is found. WELL DUH, HE'S A ROTUND EVIL GENIUS NOT A POKEMON! >O
    -Ash parts ways with Gary and Robotnik for now.
    -Ash enters his home, but...nobody's there! Not in the area he sees when he enters anyway, and obviously someone in the house couldn't be in anywhere BUT that area. He then goes to Oak's, but...no one's THERE, either! What, did Gary warn them he'd be coming back so they could evacuate the town? (/stole that bit from Chatsy >> <<)
    -Ash actually explores other areas of the building this time! But he doesn't find anyon...POW! Turns out they WERE hiding, but in order to surprise him!
    -Ash shows off his plaque to his mother(not the tooth kind the dentist scrapes off, mind you), and...Tracey starts bringing out food for a party!
    -But wait, Gary's ready for a battle now, so him and Ash are gonig to...battle now!
    -It's Robotnik VS Pikachu...huh?! Why is Robotnik bothering with a lowly rat?Does he think it'll give him practice against kicking the arses of small(in proprtion to his girth) speedy animals?
    -...ooo, purdy Mezaze Pokemon Master music...
    -Robotnik's and Pikachu's generic electric attacks balance each other out perfectly!
    -Pikachu rushes at the Eggman with a Quick Attack, but...damn, he can JUMP now!
    -A couple more attacks take place, then...Pikachu goes in for the Volt Tackle! But wait! Robotnik nullifies it with a Protect(ive shield)! Robotnik then goes in for the kill with another electrified punch, and succeeds!
    -Note that Tracey's reffing this match. Yay!
    -Anyway, ROBOTNIK WINS, BEE-OTCHES!
    -Gary says stuff about the Battle Frontier and Shinou and blah blah BLAH.
    -Getting his arse whooped by Robotnik made Ash want to enter the Shinou league, so there's no stopping him now! Strangely, Tracey's actually surprised by this. Ash's mom just stays in one spot...motionless...with shiny eyes...
    -It's night now, and...Momma-san's making Ash some new clothes! (no store boughts for him, yessir!)
    -Ooo, it's morning and Ash gets a fancy new Pokedex. That makes...four? Five?...dexes he's gotten so far. Yeesh.
    -Ash departs(oh, he's leaving his Pokemon other than The Chu behind in case you didn't know), and everyone's HAPPI...except for Aipom. There's always that one who defies the "OKAY BYE NOW 8D" mentality, isn't there?
    -On da boat...Ash's hat blows away in da wind...it mysteriously stops near da stairs...it's DA POM!
    -Down below, TR's literally holding on to the side of the boat to keep up with it. Did their sub rust beyond repair during Houen or what?
    -Hey, Aipom's not ridiculously huge for once! :O
    -Check it out, the English at the end says "NEXT TIME...A NEW BEGINNING!". Ooo, variation.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  18. #93

    Default

    A sad episode... for me. May leaves! [hopefully they'll show some episodes with her, Drew, and Harley as mini specials like Pokemon Chronicles]. Brock also left [now I have no one to laugh at], but he'll be back eventualy! Other than that it was a pretty cool episode.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Learning Tyranitar the Surf
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Commantary, now with 100% more Sonic references.

    -(insert recap of last ep here)
    -ZOMG tie.
    -The crowd goes wild over this non-resolution to the battle!
    -But wait, there's only one ribbo...wait, May and Ash telepathically agreed on a way to deal with i...zoom! Leaf Blade, the ribbon's cut in two!
    -May and Ash do a mirror-image "I GOTS A RIBBON" chant/pose, then show the ribbon halves to their Pokemon(despite the fact that Sceppy already saw it >>)
    -As always, it's sunset when we see the group again. Everyone's stuffing their faces(Marshtomp and Foretress are ALIVE!), Brock says some crap nobody cares aobut as does Max, Ash responds, but...hold on a sec, May has something to say!
    -May's goin' ta JOHTO. BAI HERSELF.
    -*insert the tears of a million Cybercubed here*
    -And she was too big of a jerk to even tell MAX about it before now. Way to go, May.
    -Those are some miiightly triangular sandwiches on the table.
    -May says crap that boils down to "I want to do lots of contests and WIN and LREAN and MAKE OUT WITH DREW/SAORI/HARII/THOSE PEOPLE WHO KEEP STALKING MY CONTESTS/THE GUY WHO ONLY SAYS SUKI DESU NE~"
    -Max:"...:'-("
    -Brock and Ash after one second of thought:"Kay 8D"
    -Max defies the general "k we're going seperate ways whatever" dynamic to walk off by HIMSELF.
    -Brock's like "eh he'll get over it in five minutes" and Ash's like "k I'll go talk to him for that long" and the Pokemon are like "why are the humans acting weird?"
    -Max sits himself down on a convenientlly located swing(not the sissy kind you see nowadays, either. It's an OLD-SCHOOL swing, with none of that restraining crap that makes them unsuitable for anyone above age five).
    -Ash talks to him, and...gah, the swing was fairly close to the picnic table? WHAZZA POINT 'A DAT?
    -Ash de-depresses Max by giving him a reserved battle slot(ie. chance to kick Max's ***) for whenever Max becomes a trainer, and Max cheers up at that, since he's seven and seven year olds are all cocky *******s who don't realize that someone several years their senior in a profession who's already gotten many honors of sorts(such as BEATING THE BATTLE FRONTIER) is going to kick their *** at a competition involving that profession.
    -After all Max said about this, how much you want to bet he doesn't give too much of a crap about Ash after a year or two?
    -The writers make sure they don't have more than one emotional goodbye scene here by making May late for her boat. OF COURSE~
    -...wait a damn minute, an instrumental of Chiisaki Mono's playing here! One word:yes.
    -Aw, NOW Pikachu lets on that it's going to miss May(or maybe Max, you can never tell with that rat).
    -Max and May say crap to each other, it's the next morning, and now Brock and Ash go their seperate ways. No emotion here either, but then again they probably figure that Brock worms his way back into Ash's group with due time anyway so no point being sappy about the goodbyes.
    -Wait, Ash is hungry! ...geez, didn't they have breakfast? >> But Brock reminds Ash about something in Pallet(perhaps ASH'S MOMMA'S MEALS?), and Ash forgets his hunger for now.
    -I think we get another instrumental of a song we've heard before here but I can't tell what it is.
    -TR is stalking Ash already!
    -But they've lost him?!
    -They say stuff, and it ends out with them being optimistic again(with Maemuki Roketto-dan playing in the background, appropriatly enough).
    -But wai, ELECTRICITY'S COMING FROM BELOW. Has Ash taken to pre-emptive strikes? No, it's...it's......it's...
    -EGGMANROBOTNIKEGUMAN-SAMAROBUTTNIKDR.IVOROBOTNIK
    -A few things have happened to him, though. He's ditched his glasses revealing his red/black eyes, he's gone strangely yellow and black striped, he's got some weird things sticking out of his back and the top of his head, but other than that, it's HIM! And he's back to his original plesently rotund self.
    -Jessie wants to catch Robotnik for some reason(perhaps getting them to build them a better robot? Lord knows Scratch and Grounder could only be improvements on the typical devices. And perhaps Coconuts could become the anti-Aipom!)
    -Robotnik uses some electricity(where's the robot doing THAT?) to knock down an apple for his eating pleasure as TR watch from behind a nearby bush.
    -Here comes the net! And...ROBOTNIK IS NOT AMUSED.
    -Robotnik yells something unintelligable("I hate that hedgehog!", probably.)
    -Robotnik continues to yell("How DARE you interrupt me when I'm trying to look busy!") and yell while firing off lightning("I thought I got rid of you, you fish-fumbling fruitcake!"), which eventually attracts the attention of The Fastest Thing Ali...er, Ash. Who's really quite the opposite of being The Fastest Thing Alive, although he probably wouldn't say no to chili dogs.
    -But at the top of the cliff(there's ALWAYS A cliff), arrives someone who sounds rather baddass. Which can only mean one thing:KNUCKLES!
    -...okay, it was Gary. Eh, close enough.
    -Oh, and Ash is where TR is now too.
    -Elekible(see, they DON'T SAY IT AS BURU so DON'T SPELL IT THAT WAY! >O) is apparently Robotnik's newest psuedonym, and he manages to Iron Random-Protrudences his way out of the net at last.
    -TR finally realizes just who they're messing with here, but sadly it's too late as a checkered ball on a chain slams into them an...sorry, that's not it. Robotnik gives them an ELECTRICAL PUNCH that blasts them off in a second.
    -Ash tries to dex Robotnik, but no data is found. WELL DUH, HE'S A ROTUND EVIL GENIUS NOT A POKEMON! >O
    -Ash parts ways with Gary and Robotnik for now.
    -Ash enters his home, but...nobody's there! Not in the area he sees when he enters anyway, and obviously someone in the house couldn't be in anywhere BUT that area. He then goes to Oak's, but...no one's THERE, either! What, did Gary warn them he'd be coming back so they could evacuate the town? (/stole that bit from Chatsy >> <<)
    -Ash actually explores other areas of the building this time! But he doesn't find anyon...POW! Turns out they WERE hiding, but in order to surprise him!
    -Ash shows off his plaque to his mother(not the tooth kind the dentist scrapes off, mind you), and...Tracey starts bringing out food for a party!
    -But wait, Gary's ready for a battle now, so him and Ash are gonig to...battle now!
    -It's Robotnik VS Pikachu...huh?! Why is Robotnik bothering with a lowly rat?Does he think it'll give him practice against kicking the arses of small(in proprtion to his girth) speedy animals?
    -...ooo, purdy Mezaze Pokemon Master music...
    -Robotnik's and Pikachu's generic electric attacks balance each other out perfectly!
    -Pikachu rushes at the Eggman with a Quick Attack, but...damn, he can JUMP now!
    -A couple more attacks take place, then...Pikachu goes in for the Volt Tackle! But wait! Robotnik nullifies it with a Protect(ive shield)! Robotnik then goes in for the kill with another electrified punch, and succeeds!
    -Note that Tracey's reffing this match. Yay!
    -Anyway, ROBOTNIK WINS, BEE-OTCHES!
    -Gary says stuff about the Battle Frontier and Shinou and blah blah BLAH.
    -Getting his arse whooped by Robotnik made Ash want to enter the Shinou league, so there's no stopping him now! Strangely, Tracey's actually surprised by this. Ash's mom just stays in one spot...motionless...with shiny eyes...
    -It's night now, and...Momma-san's making Ash some new clothes! (no store boughts for him, yessir!)
    -Ooo, it's morning and Ash gets a fancy new Pokedex. That makes...four? Five?...dexes he's gotten so far. Yeesh.
    -Ash departs(oh, he's leaving his Pokemon other than The Chu behind in case you didn't know), and everyone's HAPPI...except for Aipom. There's always that one who defies the "OKAY BYE NOW 8D" mentality, isn't there?
    -On da boat...Ash's hat blows away in da wind...it mysteriously stops near da stairs...it's DA POM!
    -Down below, TR's literally holding on to the side of the boat to keep up with it. Did their sub rust beyond repair during Houen or what?
    -Hey, Aipom's not ridiculously huge for once! :O
    -Check it out, the English at the end says "NEXT TIME...A NEW BEGINNING!". Ooo, variation.
    That was made of win.

    Thank you.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    221

    Default

    There's several things I don't get in this episode:

    -Gary coming back when supposedly he was written out after Johto
    -Gary going to Shinou to train when he's a researcher, not a trainer
    -How Ash surpassed Gary in Johto, learned so much, got better, and won the Battle Frontier, but Gary still wins and is all of a sudden better than him.
    Gary is a supposedly a pokemon researcher, so it would make sense that he'd give more of his time to researching more than training? How'd he get so much better than Ash?
    -Why in the HELL did Ash choose Pikachu to battle Elekible when he had Dophan (which the type advantage against Elekible)?

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Bringing Gary back was a smart move, but making him take Ash out like he was nothing was not.

    The show is pretty much going backwards now. It's laughable that Ash, despite beating the strongest trainers in the world and becoming a Battle Frontier champion, loses to Gary so easily.

  22. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Bringing Gary back was a smart move, but making him take Ash out like he was nothing was not.

    The show is pretty much going backwards now. It's laughable that Ash, despite beating the strongest trainers in the world and becoming a Battle Frontier champion, loses to Gary so easily.
    I wouldn't call it easily. He put up a fight. And come on, the writers are just trying to make it real. If he won everytime, wheres the fun in that? It's more like real life, you win some, you lose some.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    There's no way in hell Gary should be stronger than Ash at this point. Or have Ash lose so miserably like that.

    It was just poor writing with the writers trying to pass off Gary as an "invincible" trainer again.

    Ash will probably wipe out Gary's entire team in the league again like in Johto.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    you tell 'em, Cyber. That bugged the hell outta me as well... though, later, the Electric Engine was brought up, and come to think of it, that's a reasonable excuse for him to lose (especially as he's unfamiliar with the characteristic). However, since when does the anime make use of characteristics? Only when it's very convenient, apparently.

    You know what else bugged me? Where the hell did Haruka's Agehunt and Eneko go? She brought them back for Rivals Forever, and now she just ditched them again? And she didn't even use Eneko, what the hell was the point of bringing her back? Bah... Haruka's send-off is so friggin' unsatisfying -_- ('course, she is leaving with Zenigame still on her team/unevolved/alive, so that automatically earns a complaint from me)... damn them, why can't a friggin' co-star, who has a quest from the games like Satoshi, be a permanent member and representative of said quest? And if they wanted to plug Diamond/Pearl so badly, why not give her the Blue treatment (put her in the DP girl's clothes)? And yet Takeshi stays... [cough] but this isn't the thread to be getting into this.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 22nd September 2006 at 4:17 AM.

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Also Bulbasaur is left rotting forever at Oaks. But with a twist, its may's this time.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •