Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Following a Maiden Voyage! (469)

Good first episode. I liked how they mainly focused it on Dawn and picking her first pokemon then showed ash at the end . Also it showed professor rowan and the three new starters and i just love pipup ^_^

I really liked this episode. I thought the writers for PUSA were real smart in not revealing Team Rocket's names. That would allow all of the little kids to get into the anime as though nothing special happened. On that note, HOW can a counter for a scratch attack make the balloon explode? The most it should have done was deflating it. I guess the writers don't want Team Rocket to ever really win.

I liked Dawn's mother a lot. She wasn't so eerily cheery unlike some other moms, and she was realistic about what she wanted her daughter to wear. I also liked Dawn too, she's easy to like and doesn't sound so bad. I am really fallling in love with the Gym Leader Music, though.
    Credits to Roses are Red for this wonderful signature. Thank you tyranidos for this banner. Team Rocket's revolution is nigh.

I watched the first 10 or so minutes of this this morning, and good lord, does Staraptor sound awful. That was a voice-cast of Grovyle proportions, and the sad part of it is, the whole damn evolution chain sounds like that. Massive failure imo.

Contribute? Add a positive opinion? Not make an inane complaint? ME?!

Premiered in Mexico today =P

Well, I really like this episode. I've been waiting the beginning of DP in Mexico time ago, and I'm not disappointed. The voices of Dawn and Rowan are very nice in my opinion and I like them.

This episode was a great way to introduce the Sinnoh region. The way Dawn is portrayed is nice, and I like how she acts here, with all her mistakes and all. The interaction with Piplup, the inability to read a map =P and how she thinks she got the "necessary" things for her journey. And it's a plus that almost all the episode focused on Dawn and Ash was only there for a minute.

I also liked the Dunsparce cameo =P That thing needs to appear more, in other situations. Not ready to be eaten.

Well i just saw this yesterday for the first time, and i must say that it was a very good opening to a hopefully great season.

I didn't like the fact of another co-ordinator, even though contests in anime are exciting though crap in games. I knew Dawn would get Piplup because every co-ordinator has to have a water Pokemon with bubble/bubblebeam (May and Squirtle are prime abusers).

I am a bit annoyed that all Piplup does in this episode and the second one is use Bubblebeam though. A different attack once in a while would be nice.

I liked how Pikachu finally got blasted away from Ash. If only it was permanent. The three starters in Rowan's lab were cool as well, especially the constantly eating Turtwig. Very good opening episode.

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

Hikari(Dawn) has a good appearance(for the first time). She is the same character in Diamond/Pearl. At first, Pochama(Piplup) attacked her somewhere after or before battling Ariados. Plus, I knew she'd spot Emuritto(Mesprit) in Lake Verity. This part looks difficult for others to see this legendary pokemon since it's cloudy out there. You can't wait for that part when the stowaway Aipom rode with Ash in the boat going to Sinnoh and the part when Team Rocket blasted off again, for the first time-in Sinnoh! Too bad Ash's Pikachu got involved in the blast.

this is the episode I fell in love with piplup in!

he is now my favorite pokemon!

Though I only watched the subtitled version, I will place my comment about the episode.
    I find it good that Dawn, my most favorite character, had an episode of her own because it only focused on her.

I just love the Piplup and Dawn scenes, they were pretty funny too,XD.

Credit goes to DEXTER for this funny fanart?!

As this episode aired again, I noticed how absent-minded Dawn was in this first episode.

After Professor Rowan told Dawn she may have seen a legendary, she said "Awesome" and had the most absent-minded look on her face. And she also said "wow" with the same absent-minded look.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

i finally watched this eopisode and i must say that i'm very satisfied about it, i'll give it a 10/10.

i watched this episode when sinnoh first started,10/10.

This episode rocked it starts a new region!Man when will Team Rocket give it a rest?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Loved this episode when it first aired, best part was hearing th music from the games, (when you go throgh route 201). it was funny that dawn got confused on where to go. i always will believe that prof. rowan is the meanist looking professor there is.
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

Loved this episode! Piplup was so adorable and cute, I could just pick her up and hug her. Dawn was really cute too.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

What!!! Is Piplup a girl i always thought it was a boy

This was a great start to the Diamond and Pearl series. Dawn and Piplup were so cute together. I'm glad this episode was hardly focused on Ash. And Staraptor carrying Chimchar back was funny lol.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Not an Piplup lover, but this episode was exelent. Dawn was totally new character and it was glad seeing someone new alone without Ash

Holy cow, I can't believe it's been nearly three years since I posted in this thread. So why am I again, you ask? Well, summer is just around the corner for me, and upon impulse, I have decided that one of my summer hobbies will be rewatching episodes of Pokemon DP, since I haven't really rewatched Pokemon regularly since the Orange Islands. The reviews I will be giving will be more professional than the ones you usually get from me (i.e. no crazy side remarks about brain damage...okay, maybe just a few), and I'm gonna be giving letter grades like the AV Club. As a warning, I am difficult to please. Note that for new episodes, I'll still do whatever I please. It's just nice to have a different take on some past episodes in a retrospective.

With that...

This is a great kick-off to Diamond & Pearl. I would dare say that this certainly exceeds the beginning of AG, thanks to nearly the entire focus of the episode centering around the new lead protagonist. Dragging Satoshi's plot over the next three episodes really does establish this saga nicely, but when speaking of this episode in particular, we get a great glimpse of both Hikari's and Pochama's personalities. Back when this episode first aired, some were still getting over the Haruka similarities, but even then, you can see some differences stick out from the very start. Professor Rowan is a nice reprieve from the kookier professors of the past, and Pochama's eventual market domination was solidified from Day One thanks to its bratty quirks.

The direction that Hikari and Pochama's relationship takes from the lab escape scene draws some similarities to Satoshi and Pikachu first meeting, though this may have been a purposeful intent of the writers. I've never been a big fan of Hikari's mother as a character, but the fact that they established her background early on at least gives her some depth. Instead of Ariados, I would rather some flashy new regional jerk Pokemon be shown off given how we anticipated these new creatures so much. Granted, the development between the two would become more gradual and fleshed-out, and this is overall a nice set-up for the next episode. However, these first three episodes are clearly meant to be viewed together.

B+
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

A great episode! i remember when i first saw it...good memories from Piplup...lol 10/10
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

of course the first episode is always good ^^

of course the first episode is always good ^^

Red face

Take a look at page 4 of the pictures on Serebii's site. In one of them, you see under Dawn's skirt while she's riding her bike!
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

I think dawn's a cuter girl
    since I am Dawn
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

Not all that exciting but that's to be expected from the first episode in a saga. Dawn got almost all the screentime to herself which is a first. Ash usually gets the screentime at the start of every saga so that was a nice little change of pace I support. Dawn and Piplup got a nice debut there so that's a notable part of this episode. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 5th November 2010 at 1:34 AM.

This espiode was a great way to start off the D/P saga.
    hunting Everybody a Serebii forum Shiny Hunt at Celestial Tower and other routes which will be taking place on Friday 22nd of April 2011 until Sunday 24th of April 2011, this will be your chance to RE a shiny Pokemon along with everybody else here.

Copy this in your sig and spread the word! Started By Haunter227

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast