Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Following a Maiden Voyage! (469)

All Pokemon characters have duex ex moments.

How do you think a beginning Poochama took down the fully evolved Ariados?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Just watched and done the guide for the episode... Joe should be uploading it soon. Some good and bad points to the episode:

Good:

-Naetoru doing nothing. The thing just didn't give a DAMN about ANYTHING that was going on around it. Now that's just awesome, and it's made me decide to want to choose one for my starter. : D

-Hikari is an alright character. I'll probably end up hating her somewhat as time goes on, and she mistreats some minor character I like, or rival coordinator. :< I loved those little facial expressions that came up as she was dashing around town.

-Ariados. : D

-Dunsparce : D

-Tracey appearing, and the return of Oak's lecture.

Bad points:

-Hikari's mother is a DOG. After the sexyness of Delia, Lola and Caroline, she's a huge, ugly step back. Her figure looks like an horrible deformed stick, and how she became a Top Coordinator is beyond me.

-Hikari's mother looking disapprovingly at the short dress Hikari was going to take along. STFU. D:

-The same judges. I'm hoping that there will be different judges this time around, despite what the first episode showed. During Kanto it was fine, because the Houen one was probably not taking place for another year, but it should be back on right about now, not to mention the Johto Contests.

-Ash at the end. It would have been perfect for him to not be in the episode, but NO, he has to be in every damn one. :<

-Meowth and Jessie bickering causes them to fail when they would have got away.

-Hikari's complete lack of chest.

That's all, really. Tracey didn't say anything at all, which annoyed me. He just stood there, like a cardboard cutout.
    I actually love Hikari's mum. And I think I'm the only one till now, hahaha!!!
    C'mon, she has style! *_*
    Awwwwwww, and you forgot to mention here the part in which Hikari and her Pocchama see that new legendary thing... I simply LOVE that part, it was awesome... That thing seems REALLY lovely and CUTE! \o\
    And thanks so much for the epi. guide!!! ^^
    Last edited by Weav-vile; 1st October 2006 at 1:17 AM.

Hikari seriously showed Rock Lee skills by dodging that attack.

It wasn't like a small dodge, she TOTALLY jumped back like a ninja.
    Koshiyo Tatoyo i O suYA Fool YO! YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Akaba View Post
    Hikari seriously showed Rock Lee skills by dodging that attack.

It wasn't like a small dodge, she TOTALLY jumped back like a ninja.
    Hikari's my everything in only PERFECT one! <3

I LOL at anyone bothering to complain about the Pokemon anime. It's like people don't realize that it's the same generic, formulaic plot just about every single episode, with a broader, just as generic and just as similar plot for each season/series.

With that said, this was a surprisingly uncrappy episode (probably just because it doesn't follow the generic episodic plot that most episodes do, because this one is a starting episode). Hikari seems fun, and I officially <3 Pocchama. It's such a ***** but it's really cute and fun. Its voice is really good too.

Finish watching DP1, WAY BETTER THAN AG. finally some action and Pokemon acting like the natural animals they are and not like Pieces of advertising. Just like Kanto all over again and I love it. Her Mom looks more sucesfful than May's parents.

DP 1 pwns AG 1. I'm very odjective when it comes to the media.. I just feel like watching more episodes something I haven't felt in a LONG TIME. My love for Pokemon has been reborned..
    And I came for fun..

Am I the only one who like's Ms. Hikari?

Her hair is alot like mine, oddly enough.

The dodging concept was rather interesting. Not necessarily realistic, but a nice ability. I forgot if she could super jump too (various characters have done some form of a large leap, particularly gym leaders).

Another thing about the dodging was that she looked like she was ready to dodge. It's like huh an attack? *dodges* Nothing like omg run away!

And yeah, I don't want to think too much about the contest component. So far it's nice that it was derived by family success, but it does have the weakness on how the actual contest will be formatted. No matter how differently it is presented, some sort of component has to be similar (aka obviously there's some "performance", and there's also some "judging". The policies or rules may be different and all, but those two things are most likely definite). The contests should be coming about soon enough, but it hasn't occured so we'll have to see what happens and how it works out.

Can anyone put a wild guess on what that Naetoru's personality was? I can't seem to put a single word for that description. Ignorant of blowing winds and unusual circumstances, but fearful of the professor that doesn't seem to show much emotion. It's posing to Hikari was also a mere yawn. I really don't know what kind of personality it has (and thinking it's ignorant/lazy/fearful-of-professor doesn't sound right either)

Well, since Hikari was basically the lead for the episode, it was a nice different perspective. However, if she gets fully implemented with Satoshi, I am not sure what problems can arise, since there are a lot of potential difficulties along those lines.

This episode did exaggerate many things though. Even Bide looked exaggerated even though the concept was correct. It was also funny how Hikari and Pochama interacted as complete strangers. It's not exactly disobeying since Hikari didn't even own it until after the Ariados rampage.

It seems like Hikari has technical preparation, but imperfect execution. No running or walking weakness, but certainly a directional weakness. She had strategy though. I believe directing a pokemon to aim at you to achieve another goal (in this case, destruction of spider web) was quite rare. I only recall Satoshi doing this while Pikachu was controlled over 350 episodes earlier (other characters doing this include Kenta, but that was a taunt). I don't think that was much of an initial AG mechanic at all. But seriously, the evasion was quite nice. What I wonder is, where did Hikari get that from? On the other hand I find it a definite plus since it's a new interesting component.

Well, it's a nice innate ability regardless. Super legs or something, to be able to bike at ridiculous speeds and to dodge that fast. I don't even think Hikari got TIRED doing all of that. Shock, surprise, whatever ... I don't recall exhaustion by Hikari. A lot of different emotions were presented, but things like the laboratory disaster she didn't look one bit shocked.

Does she have some kind of threshold that prevents her from being surprised/shocked from unusual circumstance yet so ready that in some ways she knows exactly what to do? However, she's also flawed enough to have blunders here and there. She also can know what to do but doesn't do it the most efficient way (ex: Proper resources such as map, but didn't route towards there correctly. Knowing what she wanted to do but being inefficient in carrying supplies. Not watching the road and hitting a rock. Still not watching the road and sliding down a small hill.) Well I guess that's the display of being ditsy, which I was expecting out of her character, so that was done successfully.

Of course I find this all interesting so I'm very well satisfied with the first episode. I think it was a great first impression, and right now I cannot really predict the next sequence of events (aside from the common get the bird, get a starter, go to a contest, and probably showcase a pokemon or two).

Er, doesn't being ditsy kind of contradict the ninja-like evasion? I thought you needed terrific balance and dexterity to mobilise that without flaw. Direction isn't perfect but she doesn't seem to have flaws correlated to actual movement and thus can run quite a bit and dodge quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle85 View Post
    Her Mom looks more sucesfful than May's parents.
    ALL the people in Hoenn knows who Senri is, how could you say that if you just saw one episode and nobody identified Hikari like "Ayako´s daughter"?

Senri >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ayako

Wow, Alfonso is going to grill you when he sees that. Be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Am I the only one who like's Ms. Hikari?

Her hair is alot like mine, oddly enough.
    I like her. Lolipop shaped women intrigue me.

I managed to find this episode on YouTube(not really, ive subscribed to the guy who uploaded this episode). My first comment: why is it that every time a new trainer gets the main role, they always wake up late. Im not entirely sure about May, so someone should correct me. Also, is it just me or are the contest judges immortal. You see a picture of Hikari's mother and the judges, and the judges look exactly the same as if time has not affected them at all.
    Also, this episode somewhat reminds me of that of Ash's first day, the few differences being a)it's a girl, and b)she's a coordinator instead of a trainer(in her short dream sequences, the pokeball looks odd. the hatch thing looks way to small. The animators really had a blank mind on that, lol). When she pulls the suitcase out of the door, how the hell is she supposed to carry that? Her bike is way too small for something of that size.(on a personnal note, i do not know why, but Hikari strangely resembles my sister, personnality wise.) LOL, her mother then shows her a backpack, roughly 1/4 the size of. At least that explains how she's gonna carry everything.

LOL again, she gets to the town enters a restaurant thinking it's the lab. Her postcard apparently isnt serving much use. She's worse than Brock at reading maps!(which made me think, remember how Misty scolded Brock everytime they got lost, now Brock has someone else to blame if they get lost).

Wow, Hikozaru is sure one pain in the... well... you know where. Funny, after that whole incident, you'd think Hikari would take Naetoru since it's the only one left. Of course, you have to give her a choice otherwise it wouldnt be following the game now would it. Lol, the professor doesnt change facial expressions.
    That scene where Hikari is looking around for the other 2 pokemon reminds me of a scene from a fairy tale, y'know with rabbits and birds and rodents?

Just wondering, what attack was Ariados using? I keep thinking Sludge Bomb.

After seeing how Pocchama is behaving with Hikari, i am now officially convinced that Hikari is truly a female version of Ash with a different dream.

God, that scene with P and H's facial expression right after they see the Ariados is priceless!

Also, was Pocchama using Protect?

That's it here's the best way to describe this episode: Imagine Ash's first day. Replace Ash with Hikari, Pikachu with Pocchama and Spearow with Ariados. And funny thing is, I didnt realise this till after Pocchama used that attack.
    (Oh god, she got a pink pokedex, just like the Pink DS Lite)

Finally, which of the three legendaries did Hikari and Pocchama see?

OH PLEASE JUST, OH PLEASE. Why in god's name did Team Rocket have to copy what they did in Hoenn. Well, the only difference this time is that it's a lot shorter. But why.
    WHERE IN GOD'S NAME DID TEAM ROCKET GET THEIR MEOWTH BALLON?!?!?!
    Also, why did Meowth suddenly start fury swipping Wobbuffet for no apparent reason(yeah i know they said it, but unfortunately i dont speak japanese). God, and they just got Pikachu. Something always screws up.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Besides comment the looks of Hikari, i would like to talk about the episode :P, i think it was good,i liked the Ariados part mostly, and the stuborn penguin.Other good part is where Hikari is completely lost in town, fun.

Hikari's voice is good (not drilling in my head like most Japanese voice thing, so it's fine), and her mother looks so.... weird, well whatever.

Overall it was fun.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    why is it that every time a new trainer gets the main role, they always wake up late. Im not entirely sure about May, so someone should correct me. Also, is it just me or are the contest judges immortal. You see a picture of Hikari's mother and the judges, and the judges look exactly the same as if time has not affected them at all.
    Also, this episode somewhat reminds me of that of Ash's first day, the few differences being a)it's a girl, and b)she's a coordinator instead of a trainer(in her short dream sequences, the pokeball looks odd. the hatch thing looks way to small.

Just wondering, what attack was Ariados using? I keep thinking Sludge Bomb.

After seeing how Pocchama is behaving with Hikari, i am now officially convinced that Hikari is truly a female version of Ash with a different dream.

God, that scene with P and H's facial expression right after they see the Ariados is priceless!

Also, was Pocchama using Protect?

~C_L~
    -Hikari was in no condition to be late. Actually, she was the first to receive a pokemon out of that set. ... Also Hikari actually woke up normally. Usually when a character is late to an appointment, he or she runs at top speed frantically in some way or another.

-Judges could be factored by mass relatives and another generation. If they didn't look like they aged, neither did the mother.

-You have to be a trainer to be a coordinator. Wanting to be a coordinator and being a coordinator are different. Until coordinating is established, she's a trainer. She even says she's a pokemon trainer.

-Ariados kept using Sludge Bomb. What else could that have been? It doesn't even learn Sludge if I recall correctly.

-The behaviour between Hikari and Pochama is not analogous to Satoshi and Pikachu when they first met. Pikachu was completely disobediant.

-Mamoru doesn't reflect damage (despite being an excellent if not perfect defense to Volt Tackle). It's Bide.

I personally had no problems with the mother or how her design was, or whatever. Looks closer to the GSC mother, haha (compared to Hanako or Mitsuko, that would seem marginally true). However, I must admit that I never expected the mother until I had seen that screen where Hikari waves back after getting on the bike prior to the airing.

Tapatio is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

About the episode:

Hikari's Mom, Ayako - It seems to be a good character, but I really don't like her character design, not by the hair, she just looks like the Popeye's Olivia.

Hikari's Package - Silly girl, really you thought that you could take that big suitcase in your bike. And what with your luggage? That was lingerie? Good moment ^^.

Hikari's Orientation - To enter a place with the eyes closed and to demand something is not a good idea. The expressions of Hikari when she didn't find the correct way was the best thing of the episode along with Naetle.

Pocchama - Little penguin, I hope you never evolve.

Naetle - If the Satoshi's Naetle has a personality like the one of this one, I will be happy.

The Ariados Issue - It was good to see again a pokemon being aggressive with the humans. I also become surprised by the agility of Hikari. I imagine that she has lost herse;f so many times that her legs have become strong by the walks.

Satoshi's Arrival - I liked to see Satoshi at least a little at the end of the episode. Also with this they solved the doubt about happened with the Aipom's pokeball.

Team Rocket Routine - The scene was a little dumb but I liked when Meowth scratched Wobuffet... I like when they hurt to Wobuffet.

I just thank the lord it wasn't Beedrill, yay Aridos.

Pocchama is so godly cute @_@

And i'm glad how Hikari pushed Ash out of centre stage in this episode, it was, refreshing I guess.

I won't say this was a revolutionary episode, because you can draw quite a few parallels between Hikari and Haruka's debut (to put it gently), but it was refreshing to see an episode dedicated almost completely to Hikari. In sharp contrast with Haruka, Hikari was eager to begin her journey with Pokémon, rather than considering them a burden. She's also more competent in working with Pokémon, while still inexperienced. They're similar characters, but the differences are great enough to hold my interest.

The best part of the episode was Hikozaru's antics and Pocchama's response to them, as well as the appearance of Mukkuhawk!

Where does hikari see emuritto? When pochama is being hit by spider webs? I see something purple but is that a pokémon? Does someone have a clearer picture?
    FC: 3797-5852-8507

Emuritto Apparition

It appears as an insubstantial apparition over the lake after the Ariados attack.
    Last edited by Ashu Quester; 1st October 2006 at 2:10 PM.

-Ariados kept using Sludge Bomb. What else could that have been? It doesn't even learn Sludge if I recall correctly.
    The only other thing I think it could be is acid. Since everytime it hit the ground fire came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    My first comment: why is it that every time a new trainer gets the main role, they always wake up late.
    Hikari didn't wake up late, she was late because she got lost/read the map wrong.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

A little late for reviewing the episode, but meh.

I really loved this episode. Maybe because I began to love Hikari's personality just as she began to show it (and from what I seen, not a Haruka clone). It was funny how she entered the restaurant thinking it was Nanakomado-hakase's laboratory and kept on getting lost in the city (along with her cute facial expressions). I absolutely cracked up at how Naetle was EATING while Pocchama and Hikozaru were causing chaos in the lab (the aids' facial expressions of when the proffessor entered were priceless :D). What I loved best was that the episode (the first episode of Dimond and Pearl) focused more on Hikari than Satoshi, it was refreshing. Of course, he appeared at the end with Rocket Gang trying to steal Pikachu.

(And on the note of why the judges in the photo didn't have an age difference appearence-wise, it's because Hikari's mom won the Grand Festival as an adult)

Also, I didn't think Hikari and Pocchama's relationship was that similar to Satoshi and Pikachu's relationship at the beginning (partly because Pocchama wasn't that disobedient as Pikachu in the beginning. That, and Satoshi and Pikachu don't get into many...fist fights). And oh my...a Densetsu no Pokemon sighting at the end (I know that made this episode seem similar to the first episode of Pocket Monsters, but in my opinion, it was fitting). :0 ....Did I also mention that the split screen is friggin smexy at the end. XD

Along with the other two episodes, I love how Dimond and Pearl is turning out.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does Hikari say daijoubu (all right) a little too much? XD
    Last edited by Satoshi; 1st October 2006 at 11:55 PM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    EDIT: Is it just me, or does Hikari say daijoubu (all right) a little too much? XD
    Perhaps it is going to be her catchphrase like May's "kamo"?
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    Perhaps it is going to be her catchphrase like May's "kamo"?
    Maybe. Difference is, Haruka's "kamo" was a sentence ending particle while daijoubu is an actual word.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast