Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Following a Maiden Voyage! (469)

Now I saw the episode.. and read the little summary. So hopefully I got what was going on. Damn for me not knowing Japanese. I for one love Hikari and am joining the "OMGSHE'SSOCUTE!" bandwagon. I think she's a great character so far.

For everyone going "Super contests are just like Hoenn's! Except you dress up!!". All you saw was dream sequences, wait until she actually does a contest first. Then say that. O.o;

I love Pochama.. it's so cute. And has such a cute little bratty personality. I love it. It definetly shows some room to grow and get stronger, which I hope it does.

I also didn't mind seeing Ash at the end.. but.. they should have just cut him out of the episode, he wasn't on all that long =/. Maybe it was just too keep current fanboys/girls into the show by showing everyone's favorite trainer? :\

I think I covered everything O.o;
    ☆♥fiancé | twin | note | eggs♥☆

him: Missing you is like missing oxygen.
    Going too long without either = dead me ♥

[img]http://i41.*******.com/iemjh0.png[/img][img]http://i43.*******.com/fjlv8y.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by PerappuPal View Post
    i found the whole ep:[illegal crap]<-part1[illegal crap]<-part 2 [illegal crap] <- part 3
    Gosh, you people love to ignore the rules, don't you?
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    Maybe. Difference is, Haruka's "kamo" was a sentence ending particle while daijoubu is an actual word.
    Also the -kamo was done not necessarily under a context that maybe would fall under (ex: Sugoi-kamo!)

However, regardless of how many daijoubu's there were, the ones I recall (only about two right now) were under proper context. One was after sliding down the hill saying that the coast is clear (or something like we should be fine here, or nothing to worry about here ... or something like that). Also when they were trying to run away from the second round of Ariados was another scenario where Hikari definitely said "I'm fine". And then I'm sure there's another that implied "are you okay?" I'm also sure there was another that meant don't worry somewhere in the episode.

Judging by Hikari's high energy being prone to being frantic (or exerting a lot of energy by surprise/shock/wonder/panic), as well as her assertion that she's so confident in a plan (rerouting, detours, etc), all the daijoubu's seem to make sense. I mean it does range from 'are you okay' to 'don't worry' to 'I'm fine' ... and I'm not sure what else.

I think she might have said gomen more often (about thrice).

I thought Ayako's achievements were all done in her younger days. You win the GF, then you settle down ... not settle down then win the GF. With that many trophies it also seemed like successive victories.

I never thought about Ariados using Acid. Despite explosions, the 'first' acid produced 'something' on the ground (or it might just be shade). Technically Sludge Bomb was presented as multiple pieces of sludge consecutively, but I'm thinking of the Jouto version. I guess it's easy to think Sludge Bomb because it's a 'bomb' and 'bombs explode'.

Are you sure Hikari was late to the laboratory? I guess she was late to the intended time, but I consider arriving with the professor not necessarily late (unless when she bumped into him, he was leaving, but that doesn't sound right due to going in the same direction).

Too bad Hikari didn't have idiosyncratic speech. XD I wanted some kind of speech format (obviously not -kamo or that just ends up as sheer biting.)

At least the inexperience makes sense. How can you be experienced as a rookie? This isn't even like a rookie analogy of a professional league since that most likely contains prior experience from amateur leagues. Starting from zero has to be inexperience. So I don't have any problem with that flaw of hers (as she's also the most "prepared" beginning trainer). I would think she has a clear execution flaw, but that's not true in terms of deriving set plans.

The suitcase showed basically everything she would have carried, but after her mom switched it to that little yellow bag ... I have no idea what's even in the bag. (Obviously the pokeballs and zukan are there and all, but that's AFTER receiving those items. What was in the bag initially? ... aside from the pokemon food, nothing comes out of the top of my head.)

Okay, okay...Not a bad episode if I do say so myself. Hikari is such a cuttie and I can't wait to start seeing her in contests in the future. Nextly, it was a little weird with this episode and by this I mean it felt a lot like the 1st episode of Kanto (but it was refreshing to have it be a swarm of Ariados and not Beedrill or Spearow) and it also felt like the the first episode of Johto (well at one point at the end) and the relationship between Hikari and Pochama reminded me of the first episode of Hoenn (meaning when May wanted Mudkip to do a water gun attack...or at least it did to me).

Well tis' all...Oh and of course...

*spazspazspaz*...OMG! 1 SECOND OF TRACEY...*spazspazspaz*

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

wasn't that bad of an eppy.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Hey, what was up with that Naetle? He seemed kinda... startled when the Professor looked at him. What happened?

Bliksem-- I think it was just intimidated by the professor's gaze. He has kind of a gruff, overwhelming aura about him, but he's surprisingly nice, according to Hikari (after he showed her the way to the lab).

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Also, why did Meowth suddenly start fury swipping Wobbuffet for no apparent reason
    He wanted to go back to the boss, but, from what I remember, Musashi wanted to stay and look around Shinou because they'd never been there before. They argued until he went to attack, and she asked Wobbuffet to "Take care of this, please."

well thepisode pics were good and the guide was nice and i like the ending the best. overall a nice start to the new season

This episode had some of the best animation a Pocket Monsters episode has recieved in a long time. I guess the animators have gotten over their lazy phase.

Late as usual, but OMG Hikari is so adorable. I always thought for some reason before she even mentioned that they'll have a trainer who loves to dress and ta da we got one.

I really liked how the writer went on a different direction with Hikari, at least she gets a full episode to herself and get to know her. The background music had a really nice touch to it. But of course there were the similarites that happened in the past beginning region episodes, but it was different how it was played.

Poochamo is so darn cute, I loved its attitude around "Curious George" (meaning the fire monkey) how it getting all petty about food, and it shows lots of personality. (NOw wonder if the writers do with ASh's and Brock's Pokemon) My favorite part of the episode was when the Pokemon escape.

And of course Ash and Team Rocket get a little screentime at the end when Pikachu is stolen, but I can't complain. I can't wait what the writers have in store with Hikari.

A side note, if anyone seen the episode yet, did anyone catch on how it says "Hikari Project" at the end of the credits. Sorry its on episode 3, but I'm just curious if anyone else caught on it. This really proves they are going a different direction with the series.

hi weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Damn this took me long enough. DX

-This ep lets us know it's DIFFERENT right off the bat by showing a bunch of Mukkuru in flight against a background of a CGI-looking cliff giving way to an ocean view with the obligatory mountainous background. In said ocean is a Magikarp and a Mantine(and by extension a Remoraid), on the land we see two Bippaevo(whatever it's techinically called) and a Subomi, and then...we see where the humans reside.
    -SHINY NEW LOGO. Well, the part that doesn't say "Poketto Monsutaa" anyway.
    -The camera swivels its view to show a house. An alarm beeps. The scene shifts to a grey cat with a loopy tail laying on a heater as cats are apt to do. Pan of a room with several trophies in it. MUKKURUCLOCK. Finally, we see a tangiable sign that people are here...a hand. With a pink garment on what little arm is showing. Zoom out, and...it's a girl. But it's not Misty or May or Marina or Mary Sue, yes it's a brand new girl...one with dark blue hair, who defies the calling of her alarm by going under her bedsheets so she doesn't see the sun, which is also signaling that Girl needs to get her lazy *** out of bed.
    -The narrator narrates about things WE know already but the 5 people who are just getting into Pokemon for the first time with this ep don't, and...
    -Girl makes a happy gaps, which...sounds different from May's gasps, anyway.
    -Yes, she's in a generic small town with all houses and not a single business in sight, thus continuing the paradox of how this places exist(commuting?). Then the narrator kindly gives us a better name for Girl than Girl...Hikari.
    -Shiny new title screen. Juputoru approved! :D Oh, and Hikari speaks for the first time(hopefully not for the first time in her life!)...decent voice, but then again it's hard to judge voices from a language you don't know well very accurately. And yes, she's discernably different from May in her vocal tone.
    -Hikari's primping herself for the day ahead when her mom comes knocking on her door. The door opens and GOOD LORD! The mother looks good, aside from one fatal flaw:Hair. Yes, her hair is a monstrosity to us all, being like a hair-gelled afro sculpted into a near-perfect circle. But looking aside from The Hair for a moment, note that Hikari and her mother are wearing slippers like all good Japanese people do when they go into their houses, or so generic stereotypes(redundancy?) claim.
    -Hikari greets the cat(AFTER greeting her mom), but the cat doesn't care about her...it cares about the warm bed she left behind! Ah, accurate portrayals of felines. Gotta love 'em.
    -Hikarimutter has prepared a breakfast of a green blob, a red blob, a yellow circle, and some vaugely sandwhich-like objects for them, along with some coffee...wait a damn minute, Hikari's TEN. TOO DAMN YOUNG FOR COFFEE DAMMIT.
    -Hikarimutter and Hikari talk about Hikari going to the lab to get her first Pokemon(although Hikari hasn't decided which one yet), and the conversation leads itself to mentions of Hikarimutter's accomplishements - top coordinator, and they mentioned something about a breeder. Well, what Pokemon Breeders and Coordinators do IS rather similar(aside from Breeders assumedly not having any flashy shows of skill), so I suppose it makes sense...
    -Fantasy sequence time!
    -Hikari's in an UGLY DRESS, and sends out Hikozaru to do a contest appeal(the monkey doesn't sound too bad...yet?), which involves what appears to be a Flame Wheel of sorts that lets Hikozaru defy gravity(good to see that old traditions are still here). Not the most impressive thing but hey. And eh, Monkey Thing's voice is decent.
    -Apparently Hikari was daydreaming while her real self was talking and moving to the dream. Hikarimutter sweatdrops and says something about her food.
    -Time for the fantasy with Pocchama, and...this time Hikari's outfit is MUCH better. Still a dress, but far less ugly. And...Pocchama sounds adorable but if its tone is always like that it could get hella annoying...the appeal is a generic Bubblebeam Thing.
    -Repeat of last Hikarimutter reaction, still trying to get Hikari to eat her breakfast. And it appears that the Green Blob food is some sort of lettuce.
    -Hikari continues to ignore food in favor of Contest daydreams, and it's Naetle's turn. Hikari's wardrobe this time is a tux(wait, so the purple tuxedo DOESN'T go with the blue penguin, and the green dress doesn't go with the green and brown turtle?), and...DEAR LORD NAETLE'S VOICE! XD It's a riot! ahem...anyway, Razor Leaf is the appeal and that's that.
    -And now Hikari decides to either eat her breakfast or go get her Pokemon. Don't ask ME which one it is.
    -Hikari's about to set off, but her mom notices the LARGE PINK SUITCASE she's rolling along with her, and...holy crap, lookit all them clothes and rings and bottley things! Hikarimutter has more sense than to let her daughter go on a journey with all THAT, so she prepares a much smaller yellow backpack of stuff, which disappoints Hikari but I'm sure she'll secretly thank her mom later when she sees how much walking/biking she'll be doing. ...how WAS she going to travel with a giant suitcase anyway?
    -Hikarimutter also gives her offspring the very first ribbon she won(which is now dirty...doesn't she ever CLEAN those things?). There's SO going to be an ep where Hikari loses that/finds it stolen from her.
    -Hikari sets off, map in hand, but bumps into a small rock which sends her bike wobbling along for a bit. Hmm.
    -...a ROUTE SIGN. And it's in an ACTUAL LANGUAGE. Gasp!
    -Hikari finds the lab and enters it, but...it's a restraunt. Oops.
    -Hikari can't find the lab. Damn she sucks at maps. XD ...oh, and the facial expressions here are made of win and giant candy bars.
    -Hikari keeps trying to find the lab(...wouldn't it be easier to ASK SOMEONE? >> I'd imagine most of the townspeople know where the lab is), but bumps into an old man in a suit. ASK HIM WHERE THE LAB IS, HIKARI. >:
    -Oh hey he's the professor imagine that. And his voice rocks. But he seriously needs to change facial expressions.
    -At the lab(it has a windmill. Is that a required power source for Pokemon labs or what?) the DP starters are eating their PokemonKibble while some aids cart in a Mukkuru and a Mukuhawk(gotta showcase those Pokemon!) and the other aids comment on them, and...MUKKRURU IS MADE OUT OF CUTENESS AND CINNAMON ROLLS.
    -Hikozaru finshed what was in its bowl, but...it has the gall to steal the last five or so kibble from Pocchama! Pocchama starts beeyotching at it, but Hikozaru simply does the Eyelid-And-Buttshake Manuveur, which only serves to make things worse. Pocchama fires off a Bubblebeam which makes an explosion(TRADITION.), as it does a dance that's oddly Totodile-like aside from the fact that while Totodile did its dance out of its joy for EVERYTHING, Pocchama's doing it because it's ****** off.
    -Naetle keeps eating.
    -More BubbleBeamSplosions are fired at Hikozaru, which jumps on NAetles shell and then to the tray where the Mukkus are.
    -Naetle keeps eating.
    -A BBS hits the Mukkus which sends THEM flying around the room.
    -Naetle keeps eating.
    -Mukkuhawk whips up quite the wind which blows everything the size of a book or smaller flying...and knocks over a plant...and a trash can...and a stool...and breaks a window...which The Hawk, the Kuru, the Monkey, and the Penguin use to make their escapes.
    -Naetle keeps eating.
    -The aides go to get the Pokemon back before the Professor and New Traienr arrive, but...oh look, they came right as the aides were running out.
    -Hey, I just noticed there's a woman in there. Yay gender equality!
    -Naetle keeps eating.
    -The Blue Haired Aide explains what happen, but points out that Naetle's still there.
    -Naetle stops eating.
    -Nanakamodo displays his ability to scare small turtles with just a glance and a "hm."
    -Hikari says something about the starters and NAnakamodo goes into a minispeech while an instrumental of Hikari's Theme plays in the background. Damn that music be spiffy.
    -The new eyecatchers are spiffy as well. And Hikari's the only one in them...FOR NOW.
    -Hikari finds Hikozaru and Pocchama within a second of each other, but...Pocchama's still angry at the monkey! When Hikari tries to calm it, she gets nary but an Exploding Bubblebeam as a reply.
    -The Pokemon run off, and Hikari gives chase.
    -Hikari hears Pocchama, and it's stuck in a web, along with...with...WITH...
    -DUNSPARCE.
    -And some other things but nobody cares about them.
    -Right then an Ariados uses an Exploding Brown Liquid attack as some DP battle music plays in the background.
    -Hikari cleverly positions herself so that the EBL tears apart the web, which frees Pocchama, which is of course prevented from falling on the ground by Hikari. Pengu's not amused that it had to be freed via explosion, but Hikari apologizes.
    -After a brief slide down a "cliff", Hikari tries to be friendly towards Pengu, but...it hates her guts! ...how can Cybercubed see this thing as being anything like Torchic aside from it being avian, again?
    -But even with all its angry POCCHA POCCHA POCCHA's, even Pengu gets hungry, causing Hikari to make an "uh-huh, I see. *smug*" face and putting Pengu into denial. Hikari just so happens to have Pokekibble, but...Pengu don't want it! It even sticks its tongue out at Hikari(god I love this penguin XD). And...ZOMG ARIADOS!
    -...THE EXPRESSIONS IN THIS EP ARE MADE OUT OF WIN, LOVE, AND MUFFINS.
    -Ohshit, there's a LOT of Ariados! And they (indirectly) trap Hikari and Pengu with their webs.
    -Hikari forms a plan based on the (oddly true) fact that Ariados are weird enough to eat food you throw at them while they're busy trying to kill you.
    -Pocchama does its part by exploding part of the web with Bubblebeam, but...one of The Spiders' stringshots gets Hikari around the ankle. Well, crap.
    -Pocchama's like "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE >(" and Hikari's like "I CAN'T SO *YOU* GET OUT OF HERE" and then the Ariados are like "*sludge bomb* and *poison sting* at Hikari".
    -Pocchama strikes a pose and......AWESOMEINCREDIBLEGREAT BACKGROUND MUSIC STARTS. ...well, it sounded really cool when it was starting but it's just Hikari's theme again, I think.
    -Pocchama has a lot of endurance for a little penguin thing, as it holds out against all those Ariados attacks.
    -...wait, was that BIDE? 8O!
    -Hikari's duly impressed by this.
    -Later on at Shinji(seriously, it's called that) lake, Pocchama's still hungry so Hikari gives it the remaining three pieces of Pokekibble she has. When she looks up, it turns out that The Hawk has caught Hikozaru(which looks appropriately mortified), so it's obviously time to head back(unless Naetle escaped in the meanwhile, once it was done eating)...hey look at that a random wind and stuff happening on the lake. Something's making a noise! Pocchama and Hikari are startled! People throw vegetables at me for overusing exclaimation points! Then the form of one of the DP legend trio(the one with the little things not the monsterious time and space warping things) appears translucently almost as quickly as it vanishes.
    -Back at the lab, Hikari gets a pink!Pokedex and some notpink!Pokeballs, courtesy of Nanakamodo and the green-haired lab aide whose hair color really needs to be more prevailent.
    -It's time for Hikari's choice. The Pokemon go with little (obviously pre-rehearsed) actions(Naetle's is a simple yawn!), and Hikari picks...
    -NAETLE!
    -No, she actually gets Pocchama. Were you actually dense enough to think she'd pick the turtle at this point? Well, Hikozaru was dense enough to think she'd pick IT, so hey who knows...
    -Well, the ep's over, Hikari's bike is still intact somehow, undoubtedly because we haven't seen Ash ye...
    -Wait, there he is, on that boat from before...in the same place and position we last saw him in...Ash says some generic "I'LL DO MY BEST IN THIS REGION!" crap, and...TR pops up from the stairwell area!
    -Ash talks to Oak on the picturephone, and Oak doesn't seem too shocked as to where Aipom went(is the monkey THAT predictable?), and as Ash wraps up the converstation, TR's balloon looms above(how'd they sneak THAT on the boat...especially since they were clinging to the side of the boat last ep...), and James aims a grabbing deivce at Pikachu, which grabs the Chu, causing Ash to run away from the phone and Oak to almost mash his face into the screen as he wonders what's going on. Pikachu shocks its containment device for good measure, but it doesn't work. TR makes with what sounds like a motto but doesn't get the whole schtick of one as Ash gives chase.
    -Up in the balloon, Jessie and Meowth get into an arguement culmunating in Meowth trying to scratch up Jessie, who simply uses Wobby as a shield...whose Counter attack BLOWS UP THE BALLOON. I shouldn't be surprised at what can cause explosions by now, but DAMN...
    -TR blasts off while Pikachu lands in a random area of forest. Uh-oh.
    -...OMG OAK'S LECTURE? O_O ...wait, this seems to be some random questions about the next ep? O_o ...a preview I guess? ...THERE IS AN OAK LECTURE! 8D
    -The lecture of the day is about the Shinou starters. Well, duh. Sadly, Oak doesn't get attacked by ANYTHING. D: Blasphemy, I say. We do get a haiku, though.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

That was an entertaining summary to read. XD

Come to think of it, if Hikari did pick Naetle, that would have been great for a plot twist and humour (except it would be too awkward, even if the concept could be monkey you cause too much trouble and penguin you lose your temper too fast and cause lots of destruction but saved my life so yeah.)

I did wonder if the professor scare was either implying "why didn't you escape with them?" or "why are you taking so long to eat?" Well, we know this professor doesn't react in great energy to a destroyed laboratory room and escaped pokemon (as opposed to Ookido-hakase, who would put a great deal of emphasis like Nanakomodo's aides).

Wait, where was the evidence that Hikari's mother was named Ayako? I forgot where that was derived from, because I don't recall hearing her name in the episode, but it seemed like there was already an official name.

This also makes me wonder what the heck would happen if Pochama did actually listen to Hikari, ran out of the spider web, and left her with her leg trapped by that web. O_o

Yes! Pochama going against pure listening has an advantage! (Then again virtually all pokemon presented like that would have gotten in the way of the attack using some defensive attack or just blocking it or taking the hits since that is simply the nature of it to do so.)

And yeah, I didn't think about the balloon transporting thing either o_O Of course, Rocket Gang have large amounts of hammerspace and essentially infinite number of ballons. Like you said, tradition (except the ballon was a little less conventional than things like explosion exaggerations)

I didn't mind Hikari being the new female character. I just was concerned about if she was taking over the main character role.
    My fave Pokemon are Pikachu, Pichu, Mudkip, Swampert, Gardevoir, Kyogre, Arcanine, Blastoise, Lucario, Jirachi, Mew, Celebi, Lugia, Suicune, and all the legendary Pokemon!

So Brock still carried his Marshstomp to Shinou and Ash will get another Grass Starter ( that Snapping Turtle and Ankylosaur hybrid ) again , am I right ?
    Last edited by GoGoPokemom; 12th October 2006 at 1:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoPokemom View Post
    So Brock still carried his Marshstomp to Shinou and Ash will get another Grass Starter ( that Snapping Turtle and Ankylosaur hybrid ) again , am I right ?
    No. 1 is wrong, Brock has only bonsly with him

No. 2 is right.

*Badabing*
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Damn , it would be great if he carried Marshstomp into shinou . Cause I think his marshstomp gonna evolve into Swampert sooner or later ...

His Pokemon at the Gym :

Steelix
    Golem
    Geodude
    Ludicolo
    Crobat
    Marshstomp

As you can see , majority of his pokemon is ground type .

Anyway , I guess his bro will help to train his Marshstomp , just like what he did with Onix which turn into Steelix .

It was pretty sucky that the fire monkey pokemon was given to a rival .
    Last edited by GoGoPokemom; 12th October 2006 at 6:37 PM.

that blue hair girl is nice if ash beat her in an pokemon battle that will be fun the blue hair mom i cute i say if brock fell in love with her that will be nice welll until next time see ya
    anthony lee klaassen

It was good to have an epi without Ash. The starters where kool. Hiko was awesome,Pocha was cute but Naetoru was abit plain. Oh well cant have everything

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

you've probaly seen the theme pics, but have you seen the video for it?
    This may be a tad off-topic but it has something to do with D&P ANIME!....
    ~~~~~~just click the link and stop thinking bad things about me~~~~~~~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMs8fowVgc

Both made by me! ME! ME! I hate those pathetic people who use pokecharms! You are terrible!

never knew that Hikari saw Emuritto until just now.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Well, for a beginning episode, it wasn't bad.

Pochama is seriously going to be super awesome.

This episode actually made me laugh, especially Naetoru.

Hikari is better than May IMO.

Her mom's creepy afro hairdo...thing was...different.

The Prof. creeps me out for some reason.

Emuritto!!

And last but not least...DUNSPARCE.

the ep wasn't too bad but 1st one of the season is kinda crap in my opinion

the first episode of new season yay!!!i like it

10/10

merry christmas!

My oh my. This episode seemed much more interesting when I could finally understand it, thanks to the subs

Marry the Night

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast